HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Ott

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Magix

vCash: 500
Classic CarknerCountry.

Purpose a random trade which doesnt make sense for either team. And watch as fireworks ignite.

The guy didnt even bother posting again.

Old
09-16-2012, 07:13 PM
trentmccleary

Ottawa doesn't need d-men this season. We have at least 5 who are better than Franson already; 4 of them signed for 2 years after that.

Ottawa will need to replace Gonchar next year with a veteran top-4 off. D-man who is better than Franson. The remaining bottom pairing spot needs to stay flexible for prospects to compete over.

Kids was a #2 on bubble players teams for ay decade because he's a much smarter and steadied all round d-man.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:59 AM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I dislike Puempel, not a very good prospect imo. I don't think he'll play in the NHL, he's fast.... That's the only think he has... He's plays too small, low hockey IQ, has never heard of defense and is a perimeter player.

Franson is getting massive hate for some reason, I remember when he was in Nashville and he was a Weber-lite, now he's a career AHLer

I would not do the deal as a Leafs fan and I don't think sens fans would do it, because everyone in their prospect pool is untouchable...

6' and 200lbs is small? Also, Puempel's best asset isn't his speed, it's his shot.

Nice try though.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:30 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
People value Leafs correctly, but Leafs fans overvalue them.
This is one of the funnier things I've seen on these forums this summer. Thanks for the chuckle at work.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Mr Lahey*

Peumpel isn't looking like an NHL'er right now, would rather keep Franson

Old
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
senorchang

Old
09-17-2012, 06:19 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
On HF Franson has low value, I know Franson is good at moving the puck and average as a shut down dman. TO fans wouldn't even do Franson for Gagner so what does that tell you about them.
Actually from what I have seen it's Edmonton fans who wouldn't want to do that trade.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:21 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
He's 19yo. He was drafted 15 months ago.

Could you be any more absurd or unreasonable?

Old
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
How in the world would you know? I mean...really. He's 19 years old and had injury issues last year. Let's see how he does with Kitchener this year, then we'll re-assess.

Funny stuff on this board sometimes.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:31 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I might do a one for one Puempel for Franson or Prince for Franson but I would not add a 3rd. What I like about Franson is that he is a right shot & Ottawa could use another right shot but make no mistake, on Ottawa he would be a 3rd pairing defenceman as Cowen, Karlsson, Ceci, Methot & Wiercioch will likely be the next generation of defencemen for the Sens. Then again Gryba might be just as good as Franson now, or Sdao in a couple of yrs both I think are tougher.

Old
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I might do a one for one Puempel for Franson or Prince for Franson but I would not add a 3rd. What I like about Franson is that he is a right shot & Ottawa could use another right shot but make no mistake, on Ottawa he would be a 3rd pairing defenceman as Cowen, Karlsson, Ceci, Methot & Wiercioch will likely be the next generation of defencemen for the Sens. Then again Gryba might be just as good as Franson now, or Sdao in a couple of yrs both I think are tougher.
You'd like a Right Shot?

In 1-2 years, you have that with a guy named Cody Ceci.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:36 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
How bad do the Leafs want Franson out? Bozak & Franson are almost in every Leaf trade proposal.
I know, it's ridiculous. Especially now when we traded Luke Schenn , we need our Dmen. JVR hasn't even played a game between Kessel and Lupul and people have him pencilled in as out #1 center. I'm pretty sure Bozak will be playing on our first line after a few games. JVR serves better on the wing of Grabo.

Old
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
This is one of the funnier things I've seen on these forums this summer. Thanks for the chuckle at work.
And THIS is one of the funnier things i've seen on these forums all year. Thanks for the laugh!

I sure showed you with my well informed rebuttal!

Go us!

Old
09-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Orr123

Don't really see it good for either team. Seems like a waste.

Franson isn't as bad as people are saying, however he would be a 5-6-7 guy on the Sens. The Sens have prospects that can fill that role already.

Plus the Leafs D isn't very good and could use Franson. It would be idiotic to give away ANOTHER D men for the Leafs.

As a sens fan I wouldn't do it as it is basically just throwing away a pick. But if I were a Leafs fan I wouldn't do it either. Because Franson does fill a need.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
Don't really see it good for either team. Seems like a waste.

Franson isn't as bad as people are saying, however he would be a 5-6-7 guy on the Sens. The Sens have prospects that can fill that role already.

Plus the Leafs D isn't very good and could use Franson. It would be idiotic to give away ANOTHER D men for the Leafs.

As a sens fan I wouldn't do it as it is basically just throwing away a pick. But if I were a Leafs fan I wouldn't do it either. Because Franson does fill a need.
The leafs D is great. The problem was the system they were in and their goaltending.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Orr123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
The leafs D is great. The problem was the system they were in and their goaltending.
I don't think the Leafs D is as great as people think. They seem to be more offensive (phaneuf, gardiner, ect) yet played poorly in that system. Now they may try a more defensive system, yet traded away a player that could thrive in a defensive system.

I personally think they don't have great D. No real elite D man, except Phaneuf and he's just regressed over the years.

I think franson does fit in with a more defensive system and would do better playing that way. Just not sure other players would be the same.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
i think the discussion on this proposal has run it's course. If you guys want to discuss the leafs defense or franson's place in that group, well, there's a board for that.