HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristo will fit nicely with the Habs and Montréal (suspended 1 game)

Old
09-18-2012, 03:03 PM
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR

vCash: 500
I don't really care for this kid. He's 22, if he was serious about his career he'd be in Hamilton already. He could still break-out and make it but he's not an elite talent by any means and he has several incidents a year. Imagine how much **** he's done, how much **** he's gotten off for, how much **** he's had to do to get another suspension?

Jesus Christ I was a big trouble maker in cegep/uni but I wasn't a prospective NHL hockey player. This guy's a nobody until he proves otherwise - just another dumb jock.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:03 PM
knuck
On and off fan

I just spent a week in North Dakota and drank more than I have in the last 5 years. There is nothing else to do there so of course things will go wrong once in a while

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
I played University hockey, the difference between me Kristo and the other 90% of University players is Kristo and his gang got caught, we didn't.
Well, you played University hockey but I guess that's not the point.
Point is he's suppose to eventually play at NHL level. And you don't.

By the way, a certain Pouliot was partying as well during his times in Minn. Guess the ones that get caught are the ones that brings the partying level up just a little bit too high.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 03:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I don't really care for this kid. He's 22, if he was serious about his career he'd be in Hamilton already. He could still break-out and make it but he's not an elite talent by any means and he has several incidents a year. Imagine how much **** he's done, how much **** he's gotten off for, how much **** he's had to do to get another suspension?

Jesus Christ I was a big trouble maker in cegep/uni but I wasn't a prospective NHL hockey player. This guy's a nobody until he proves otherwise - just another dumb jock.
Why even say things like this? I'm a nobody then, and so are you. Kid isn't on a contract, he's not in a pro league either. He's in school with a scholarship based on his ability to play hockey. The fact he got drafted by an NHL team doesn't really mean suddenly he can be insulted.

The guy got suspended for underage drinking(20 years old) for 1 game and suspended now for drinking. Boo hoo.

Let the kid have some fun before he's under the big microscope of the montreal fanbase. This isn't florida, if he drinks in montreal it's in the paper, god forbid he gets drunk while he's not a pro, within age and while he still has the chance to.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:00 PM
dcal64

We shouldn't jump to conclusions, they suspended all the captains of the team for a party that went too far, since they couldn't suspend the whole team.

I am guessing they had a party with people not legally old enough to drink and probably got too loud with the police being called.

Let's wait for the facts before we blame it entirely on Kristo.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...suspendu.shtml

It basically says that he's suspended for 1 game because he partied too much.
He wasn't suspended because he partied to hard, from what I heard, the coaching staff wanted to send a message to the team leaders so he suspended them all. The incident was due to two underage players getting caught drinking, they were at the rookie party for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He's still in school because he takes his education very seriously.
He's still in school to try and win a national championship from what i've been told. I doubt it has anything to do with education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
This guy will never sign with us, it's written in the sky...
I'm sure you know what Kristo's life plans are. He can't sign with another NHL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Doesn't seem like the brightest guy...Didn't he have such severe frostbite on his foot to the point that they almost had to amputate a few toes last year? He decided to walk in the snow barefoot..
He was wearing tennis shoes and one fell off as he was cutting across the golf course. I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a fun player to watch as he makes things happen.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:09 PM
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Why even say things like this? I'm a nobody then, and so are you. Kid isn't on a contract, he's not in a pro league either. He's in school with a scholarship based on his ability to play hockey. The fact he got drafted by an NHL team doesn't really mean suddenly he can be insulted.

The guy got suspended for underage drinking(20 years old) for 1 game and suspended now for drinking. Boo hoo.

Let the kid have some fun before he's under the big microscope of the montreal fanbase. This isn't florida, if he drinks in montreal it's in the paper, god forbid he gets drunk while he's not a pro, within age and while he still has the chance to.
Your assertions are completely right but I as a Habs fan have nothing invested in Danny fn Kristo. All I see is a wasted mid-tier draft pick. And honestly, I disagree that he can't be insulted/criticized - we're fans, we're allowed to pass judgments on our own teams' draft picks and players, if Kristo isn't interested in that he shouldn't have entered in the draft to begin with.

Multiple-suspensions is no laughing matter, for a hockey player or a regular schlub like you or I (hey, speak for yourself!). He's not beyond reproach and he's not beyond criticism. We had high hopes for this kid, and he's put up good numbers for college hockey but - and I'm not speculating here - it's clear that his head is somewhere else*. This isn't a Pacioretty situation where he was just awkward and toiling away on the 3rd and 4th lines and some of us thought he was a bust - Kristo hasn't even signed a pro deal, and he'll be 23 by the end of this season - does he even want to play in the NHL? When is it feasibly okay to pencil him in as a "could-steal-a-job" training camp invite, when he's 25? 26?

I call that a bust and that's why it's annoying and that's why I'm ranting. We should've vetted his interest much earlier so the organization is at fault too.

*Sure THIS incident has lots of ins-and-outs and could be speculated that Kristo is not at fault but just know that coaches are extremely lenient with their athletes, if this incident merited a suspension I'm assuming there are many times he's done stuff and hasn't gotten caught (more power to him, I did the same) and tens of times that the coaches decided to brush it under the carpet. The point is the same: if Kristo was an ace athlete and a dedicated prospect he'd be the AHL by now, if not he'd be a leader and a leading figure of his NCAA team. He wouldn't be getting frostbite and suspended TWICE in three years. It takes a lot of work to get to the NHL, so much more than we know.

Would Crosby ever, EVER get caught doing these shenanigans? When is the last time a good player made it to the NHL with a history of partying before he made it? I can think of Cam Barker but he busted out fairly quickly. Anyone else?

How can anybody have any hope left for this prospect beyond a magical movie montage a la Rocky?

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 09-18-2012 at 04:15 PM.
WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't understand how they got caught though, you'd think a school like UND that's more known for hockey than academics would give these guys a lot of rope.

They must have done something stupid.
I agree, they were doing more than just drinking and getting caught

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
LePoche69

Finishing a University degree before turning pro while being able to party... sounds like a very wise thing to do, wiser than dropping school at 18 to turn pro while you don't even know if you'll make it.

LePoche69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Trade him to the Hawks, maybe Kane needs another drinking buddy.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Jonathan Bernier ‏@JoBern
Danny Kristo confirme qu'il a participé à une initiation impliquant des mineurs. D'où sa suspension. #CH #Habs

Sounds like a hazing with minors (rookies new to the team) involved.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 09:18 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Danny Kristo confirme qu'il a participé à une initiation impliquant des mineurs. D'où sa suspension. #CH #Habs

Sounds like a hazing with minors (rookies new to the team) involved.
If you listened to some here, we should trade him or just let him go. He is a bum. Typical Habs fan at HF.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 09:29 PM
sfo

Quote:
Your assertions are completely right but I as a Habs fan have nothing invested in Danny fn Kristo. All I see is a wasted mid-tier draft pick. And honestly, I disagree that he can't be insulted/criticized - we're fans, we're allowed to pass judgments on our own teams' draft picks and players, if Kristo isn't interested in that he shouldn't have entered in the draft to begin with.

Multiple-suspensions is no laughing matter, for a hockey player or a regular schlub like you or I (hey, speak for yourself!). He's not beyond reproach and he's not beyond criticism. We had high hopes for this kid, and he's put up good numbers for college hockey but - and I'm not speculating here - it's clear that his head is somewhere else*. This isn't a Pacioretty situation where he was just awkward and toiling away on the 3rd and 4th lines and some of us thought he was a bust - Kristo hasn't even signed a pro deal, and he'll be 23 by the end of this season - does he even want to play in the NHL? When is it feasibly okay to pencil him in as a "could-steal-a-job" training camp invite, when he's 25? 26?

I call that a bust and that's why it's annoying and that's why I'm ranting. We should've vetted his interest much earlier so the organization is at fault too.

*Sure THIS incident has lots of ins-and-outs and could be speculated that Kristo is not at fault but just know that coaches are extremely lenient with their athletes, if this incident merited a suspension I'm assuming there are many times he's done stuff and hasn't gotten caught (more power to him, I did the same) and tens of times that the coaches decided to brush it under the carpet. The point is the same: if Kristo was an ace athlete and a dedicated prospect he'd be the AHL by now, if not he'd be a leader and a leading figure of his NCAA team. He wouldn't be getting frostbite and suspended TWICE in three years. It takes a lot of work to get to the NHL, so much more than we know.

Would Crosby ever, EVER get caught doing these shenanigans? When is the last time a good player made it to the NHL with a history of partying before he made it? I can think of Cam Barker but he busted out fairly quickly. Anyone else?

How can anybody have any hope left for this prospect beyond a magical movie montage a la Rocky?
If you think the UND coaching staff in lenient, you are clearly delusional. The entire team got busted for a team hazing activity and the captains were the ones that were held accountable. Case closed. No police were involved. Coaches just found out about it, that's all there is to it. Anything else suggested is just a bunch of hogwash and paranoia.

sfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:23 PM
goon
HFB Partner

Quote:
Just a question; Have you ever actually watched Danny Kristo play before. Just because he's not in Hamilton doesn't mean that he isn't serious about his development. UND is known for developing players and is one of the best teams in Division I hockey.

goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:51 PM
domdo345

This guy reminds me of a poor man's Phil Kessel. Blazing speed with a good shot and good agility. Kessel's shot is much better than him though.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:52 PM
ChoseLa

I have no idea how Kristo will develope as i don't watch NCAA at all, except some of the frozen four on SN. So all i know is that we have a couple of guys ahead of him who will be the core of the team, if Kristo busts, well, too bad, but if he pans out he'd be the kind of complementary player a contender can benefit from.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:08 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Must be a lazy Russian. Clearly!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:09 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He wasn't suspended because he partied to hard, from what I heard, the coaching staff wanted to send a message to the team leaders so he suspended them all. The incident was due to two underage players getting caught drinking, they were at the rookie party for the team.

He's still in school to try and win a national championship from what i've been told. I doubt it has anything to do with education.

I'm sure you know what Kristo's life plans are. He can't sign with another NHL team.

He was wearing tennis shoes and one fell off as he was cutting across the golf course. I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a fun player to watch as he makes things happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
If you think the UND coaching staff in lenient, you are clearly delusional. The entire team got busted for a team hazing activity and the captains were the ones that were held accountable. Case closed. No police were involved. Coaches just found out about it, that's all there is to it. Anything else suggested is just a bunch of hogwash and paranoia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goon View Post
Just a question; Have you ever actually watched Danny Kristo play before. Just because he's not in Hamilton doesn't mean that he isn't serious about his development. UND is known for developing players and is one of the best teams in Division I hockey.
Thanks for balancing out some of the very lol responses in this thread. Can't wait for kristo to fight for a spot in the near future and get some more exposure

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:38 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

You're missing the point. You can criticize him but you're insulting him based on something you do yourself. What's the logic? Sure, you can do something and know it's wrong just the same but at a certain point it seems like you're talking just to have your voice heard rather than actually caring about what you're saying.

Oddly enough, when habs fans bash Gauthier for his lack of leadership in the organization, his lack of ability to delegate tasks and failed record on every team he's been with, it's seen as a "look at how habs fans are!" to you. No offense, but I gotta throw that one right back at you with your rant here.

Even HF articles think fairly well of Kristo at #5: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ncaa-forwards/

As for crosby, he was 17 when he was drafted so less likely. Also, crosby who has star talent wouldn't but that's a different story. Kristo doesn't even know if he'll make the NHL so he's in school. Everyone knew of crosby when he was a kid.

Also weren't a bunch of 17 year old 2012 picks caught sleeping around in pittsburgh hotel room and drinking?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

University athletes party and drink? Does the president know about this?!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:11 AM
macavoy

He chose to spend another year in North Dakota so he can be a free agent come July. Let him party all he wants, he doesn't want anything to do with us.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:34 AM
JohnnyReb

There are some reports coming out now that Kristo "got cut" in a hazing incident.

JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
He chose to spend another year in North Dakota so he can be a free agent come July. Let him party all he wants, he doesn't want anything to do with us.
That only applies if he leaves school in his third year (I thought).

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Aside from him chosing to spend another year in North Dakota, nothing else about your post is correct. Good to see you know what you are talking about.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
There are some reports coming out now that Kristo "got cut" in a hazing incident.
Of course, Kristo got caught and not cut. Sorry.

Just a typo.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote