HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Islanders fan here looking for some assistance.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Islespuck89

vCash: 500
Islanders fan here looking for some assistance.

Islander fan here -

I am going to be in Vancouver for a long weekend in October. I was thinking of going to a Giants game. Do I need to buy tickets in advance for a Friday game 8\4 vs Medicine Hat. Or since its the WHL can I just show up game day and buy tickets?

Also non hockey related. What strip club should we go to? This is for a bachelor party

thanks in advance.

Islespuck89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

Depends how much money you want to spend at the strippers....Brandi's if you want to break the bank. If you want something cheaper No.5 Orange or The Cecil...

Here is a list
Vancouver Strip Clubs

As for the Giants should be safe just showing up and getting tickets at game time, with the NHL lock out may want to get them before hand the same day but I think you should be safe getting them at gametime.

I know The Penthouse had a fire a little while ago and was closed but could be open again, it's a good choice if open as well.

KidCanuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:47 PM
lush
@jasonlush

You should be fine getting Giants tickets the day of, though it may be a bit tougher on a weekend (didn't check the date of the game)

Unless you have a giant crew of like 12+ then i would buy them online so you can all sit together

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
arsmaster

No. 5.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:55 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Cecil's been closed for a while now, and the #5's a dump. Been years since I hit the peeler bars, but the Penthouse and Brandi's are still considered the standards IIRC. Brandi's is actually the place where Ben Affleck was nailed by the paparazzi and apparently led to breaking up him and Jennifer Lopez, if you're a trivia buff.

Giants tickets should be easily available on a walk-up basis. Hit their website and reserve ahead if you're dead set on getting good seats, though. There is always the small risk of them getting a good crowd on the weekends. Not sure if the Hastings Racecourse is still going around then; if it is, you could throw down a few bets on the ponies before the game, walk the 30 feet over to the old Pacific Mausoleum, watch the Giants while basking in the glory of decades of accumulated Canuck mediocrity, then hit the bars. Just a suggestion.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

vCash: 50
Just show up, you'll get tickets in a good enough spot.

And I can't help you out with a Stripper Club, I'm still not of age for that kinda stuff.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:25 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I wouldn't recommend the No. 5 O on my worst enemy. Yikes.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 12:02 PM
arsmaster

You pretty boy lower main land lads...no 5 is the best kind of peeler bar.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
You pretty boy lower main land lads...no 5 is the best kind of peeler bar.
Agreed

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Surr3yjack

T-Barz in Surrey

Surr3yjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

I never really understood why people have bachelor parties at strip clubs... I mean, if it's all about getting blue balls and making a mess in your boxers might as well do it for free at home!

Either way, Vancouver isn't as much of a hockey town as the other big cities in Canada TBH, it's more of a Canuck town. You shouldn't have trouble buying Giants tickets at the box office.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:10 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
I never really understood why people have bachelor parties at strip clubs... I mean, if it's all about getting blue balls and making a mess in your boxers might as well do it for free at home!

Either way, Vancouver isn't as much of a hockey town as the other big cities in Canada TBH, it's more of a Canuck town. You shouldn't have trouble buying Giants tickets at the box office.
You are going to the wrong parties if the mess is happening in your shorts.

--

To the OP, hit the No5. It is a dump, but it's a strip joint. I assume you aren't going for the food. Plus, you are only a few blocks walk to Gastown. Go to the game, bus or cab to No 5, walk to Gastown. Pretty easy.

Bring an umbrella.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:34 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

how has this thread stayed open

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Brandi's doesn't break the bank. It's on par with the rest of the downtown scene. Probably 20 dollar cover charge though, whereas No 5 is half that. You certainly get what you pay for though!

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:30 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Brandi's doesn't break the bank. It's on par with the rest of the downtown scene. Probably 20 dollar cover charge though, whereas No 5 is half that. You certainly get what you pay for though!
Free to sit around the stage but if your in a large group that could be difficult. It's $100 a table

KidCanuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Islespuck89

Thanks every one for the answers. Don't care if strip club is fancy or a dump it will be a 2-3hr thing at most and thats it. Our hotel is is 5 min walk to Granville st so i assume we would be looking in that area.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:19 AM
skeena1

A lot of people who don't even live in Vancouver with ideas here. zzzzz...

skeena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:40 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islespuck89 View Post
Thanks every one for the answers. Don't care if strip club is fancy or a dump it will be a 2-3hr thing at most and thats it. Our hotel is is 5 min walk to Granville st so i assume we would be looking in that area.
Oh, you're near Granville. Penthouse it would be, then. It's just down on Seymour and...what...Nelson? Right there, anyway. The No. 5 would require a trip down to Cordova and Main...directly in the very centre of the ******* of the city. I guess if you're busing it back downtown from the Giants game on Hastings (not recommended for tourists, imho) it'd be right on the Hastings bus route...but personally, if I were you and your friends, being not familiar with the town, I'd catch the bus going up Rupert or Renfrew (can't remember off the top of my head which one) from the stadium to 29th ave Skytrain station, then grab that down to Granville station.

Old
09-19-2012, 09:28 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Oh, you're near Granville. Penthouse it would be, then. It's just down on Seymour and...what...Nelson? Right there, anyway. The No. 5 would require a trip down to Cordova and Main...directly in the very centre of the ******* of the city. I guess if you're busing it back downtown from the Giants game on Hastings (not recommended for tourists, imho) it'd be right on the Hastings bus route...but personally, if I were you and your friends, being not familiar with the town, I'd catch the bus going up Rupert or Renfrew (can't remember off the top of my head which one) from the stadium to 29th ave Skytrain station, then grab that down to Granville station.
I bet some tourists from NY will be just fine on the bus on Hastings.

There is NOTHING scary about the DTES. But the Penthouse would work too.

Old
09-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Islespuck89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Thanks for the info, we will drive to giants game. We have 2 rental cars and 2 sober people for game. They need to be sober if they start drinking to early it always turns out bad!.

Old
09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Islespuck89

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post

We are from NYC area so we are used to public transportation, nonsense and some seedy neighborhoods.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

Ahh the seedy underbelly.

First time in the Drake I was 14, 15 for the No.5 and god knows I spent a lot of time I should have been in school on gynecology row at the ol' Coach House. Over priced watered down beer mmmm.... Thanks for the mammories.

putridgasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:11 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by putridgasbag View Post
Ahh the seedy underbelly.

First time in the Drake I was 14, 15 for the No.5 and god knows I spent a lot of time I should have been in school on gynecology row at the ol' Coach House. Over priced watered down beer mmmm.... Thanks for the mammories.
I can't even imagine how I would have acted at the No 5 when I was 14. "Uhhh, excuse me, I need to use the wash room." 20 minutes later, "excuse me, I need to use the washroom again."

Old
09-20-2012, 08:33 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post

Quote:
Thanks for the info, we will drive to giants game. We have 2 rental cars and 2 sober people for game. They need to be sober if they start drinking to early it always turns out bad!.
Quote:
We are from NYC area so we are used to public transportation, nonsense and some seedy neighborhoods.
Oh, I'm sure Vancouver's nothing compared to some of the places in NYC. It's very safe in terms of violent crime; much more so than American cities its size. It's unlikely you'd run into serious trouble especially if there's a bunch of you, but still, I'm sure you can think of things you'd rather do on your vacation than step over pools of probably contaminated bodily fluids and used needles or get hassled by grime-covered $5 crack hoes. That's Main and Hastings, especially weekend nights. If I were you, the thing I'd be really worried about is having the cars broken into should you disregard my advice and head down to the No. 5. Sure, it's just a rental so who gives a ****, but it's still a hassle. Vancouver is very safe for violent crime, but it's among the worst on the continent for property crime and break-ins, largely due to its appalling drug problem.

Under no circumstances whatsoever should you leave ANY of your valuables in the car if you're parking it on the street in downtown Vancouver.

I really can't tell you much about the Penthouse vs Brandi's; it's been so long since I was up on that stuff, I didn't even know they charged cover these days. $100 a table...? Geez...

Old
09-20-2012, 10:37 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Go Tigers! lol

BrockH is offline   Reply With Quote