HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who might be our next Goalie Coach?

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Pyrophorus

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Allaire's comments posted earlier referenced Leafs system and poor defensive play as a reason why Leafs consistently finish at the bottom of the league goals against standings, and he gets criticized for it.
He would be 100% correct as well.

Old
09-18-2012, 03:54 PM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
So a great athlete makes a great coach?

Two words - Wayne Gretzky

That being said Eddie Belfour worked for Vlad Tretiak for years. NO doubt he'd be solid. Joseph I'm not sure, seems most of his goaltending was self taught and you can't teach skill.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
SuperJayMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
You'd rather someone for their history with the team as opposed to the most suited?
St Croix is a former Leaf.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Wonder how much it'd take to pry Mitch Korn out of Nashville. He'd be my guy. That or I'd look at Jeff Hackett.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:12 PM
LaPlante94

Looks like St Croix is taking over.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:15 PM
SuperJayMann

Scrivens had a great season last year and Reimer was playing really well until the concussion. Maybe Allaire and the others were doing a decent job? It's so hard to tell if our goalies working with him helped. It's possible they would have been worse, maybe it's lack of talent, maybe the wrong type of goaltender for his style of coaching?

None of us have the answers, just speculation. Lets see what St. Croix can do to help Reimer compensate for that nasty glove hand.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:33 PM
green lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Wonder how much it'd take to pry Mitch Korn out of Nashville. He'd be my guy. That or I'd look at Jeff Hackett.
It's a moot point because Burke filled the role but that would be totally up to Nashville. They have his rights, they would have to give the leafs permission to negotiate with him. General cosnensus would be that the leafs would have thrown money at the preds to make it happen but the Shea weber saga seems to imply they aren't just going to let the richer teams get the upper hand on them via money.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:08 AM
MorriPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I'd be interested in seeing what Sean Burke could do with Scrivens and Reimer. Or maybe even Rynnas, since Burke worked wonders with Mike Smith, who's a larger goaltender.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:07 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by green lantern View Post
It's a moot point because Burke filled the role but that would be totally up to Nashville. They have his rights, they would have to give the leafs permission to negotiate with him. General cosnensus would be that the leafs would have thrown money at the preds to make it happen but the Shea weber saga seems to imply they aren't just going to let the richer teams get the upper hand on them via money.
Well now it is. I mused about the idea before I knew St. Croix was going to be hired. And I realize all that to be true, but sometimes its fun to speculate isn't it? I said it full well knowing Nashville probably wouldn't let him go.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:08 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorriPage View Post
I'd be interested in seeing what Sean Burke could do with Scrivens and Reimer. Or maybe even Rynnas, since Burke worked wonders with Mike Smith, who's a larger goaltender.
He's another I have high respect for. I would have to think it would benefit Rynnas and Scrivens quite well.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Transplanted Caper

Hire Healey as a consultant. Don't actually let him anywhere near the goalies, but no playoffs in 8 years? The least they can do is cut a cheque and get his mug off the TV.

Closed Thread