HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago and Boston-Blockbuster

Old
09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I love how some fans just type these broad statements backed up by zero facts or stats "Sharp is better than Krejci".. please explain WHY.

I'll use the past 4 seasons stats, as thats when both players were actually full time NHL'ers.

Sharp
08-09 GP: 61, G: 26, A: 18, PTS: 44
09-10 GP: 82, G: 25, A: 41, PTS: 66
10-11 GP: 74, G: 34, A: 37, PTS: 71
11-12 GP: 74, G: 33, A: 36, PTS: 69

Krejci
08-09 GP: 82, G: 22, A: 51, PTS: 73
09-10 GP: 79, G: 17, A: 49, PTS: 52
10-11 GP: 75, G: 13, A: 49, PTS: 62
11-12: GP: 79, G: 23, A: 39, PTS: 62

So please explain to me how "their trade values are not equal". Krejci will be age 27 after regular season ends 4/28. Sharp will be age 31 in a few months 12/27. (over 4 year age gap). Krejci plays center, Sharp plays wing. Krejci's cap hit is less than Sharps.

I'd say these two players are as close in value as it gets.
Sharp is capable of playing center, and did so for the 09-10 Cup team. No idea why Quenneville isn't putting him back in that role, but that doesn't take away the fact that he's perfectly able to play the position.

Add to that that Sharp is a much better goalscorer and puts up more points while being an above average defensive forward, and he's better than Krejci. Krejci's cap hit is less than Sharp's because he isn't as good as him.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Sharp is capable of playing center, and did so for the 09-10 Cup team. No idea why Quenneville isn't putting him back in that role, but that doesn't take away the fact that he's perfectly able to play the position.

Add to that that Sharp is a much better goalscorer and puts up more points while being an above average defensive forward, and he's better than Krejci. Krejci's cap hit is less than Sharp's because he isn't as good as him.
Coaching staff obviously feels Sharp is better suited at wing than center. Krejci IS a center, he plays 1st line center for the Bruins. He's a playmaking center who sets up his wingers. Points are points, the Bruins don't rely on Krejci to score goals, they rely on him to play responsible center, & set-up his wingers.. which he does well. You're argument is weak, you are reaching now.

They are equal in talent, stats prove that. Krejci plays the more valuable position, Krejci is 4 years younger, Krejci's cap hit is less, Sharp scores more goals.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Sharp is better. I don't see how you can argue that.
Krejci is better. I don't see how you can argue that.

We can play this game all day. Please provide a somewhat debatable retort.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:35 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Sharp was a center on a Cup team. He has nothing else to prove at that position.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Sharp scores more than Krejci by at least 7 points in 3 of those 4 seasons -- while playing fewer games in two of those seasons -- and you can't see why someone would say he's better?

In terms of value, age is the only valid argument, as Sharp can easily shift over to center. That's where he was playing when we won the Cup, and that's where he should've been playing ever since our hole at 2C became apparent in January.
7 points... Yes then by all means Sharp is far more valuable than Krejci..not even in the same ballpark.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:36 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Krejci is better. I don't see how you can argue that.

We can play this game all day. Please provide a somewhat debatable retort.
The main thing is his goal scoring. It dwarf's Krejci's.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Coaching staff obviously feels Sharp is better suited at wing than center. Krejci IS a center, he plays 1st line center for the Bruins. He's a playmaking center who sets up his wingers. Points are points, the Bruins don't rely on Krejci to score goals, they rely on him to play responsible center, & set-up his wingers.. which he does well. You're argument is weak, you are reaching now.

They are equal in talent, stats prove that. Krejci plays the more valuable position, Krejci is 4 years younger, Krejci's cap hit is less, Sharp scores more goals.
Um.

I am confused at how you can say "stats prove that" they are equal, despite Sharp routinely putting up more points in less games... and then call my argument weak. Where exactly am I "reaching?"

Old
09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Sharp was a center on a Cup team. He has nothing else to prove at that position.
What has changed since then? IF Sharp is such a valuable centerman, why does the coaching staff have him at wing? Is Kane a better center than Sharp? Bolland (just met his cousin this week in Domincan Republic) is better suited as 3rd line center. So why isn't Sharp playing center?

Old
09-19-2012, 11:41 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
What has changed since then? IF Sharp is such a valuable centerman, why does the coaching staff have him at wing? Is Kane a better center than Sharp? Bolland (just met his cousin this week in Domincan Republic) is better suited as 3rd line center. So why isn't Sharp playing center?
He had the wrist injury last year. That's part of it, the faceoffs. But as for before that, I have no clue. It's a gaping hole on the team. Kane at C was Bowman's "genius idea" and Q allowed the experiment. That accounts for the beginning of the year.

Bottom line, Sharp should be playing center. It could have been a pissing match between Q and Bowman, "Look at this big hole, get someone". Things are ****ed up here right now, I wouldn't take anything too seriously.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
He had the wrist injury last year. That's part of it, the faceoffs. But as for before that, I have no clue. It's a gaping hole on the team. Kane at C was Bowman's "genius idea" and Q allowed the experiment. That accounts for the beginning of the year.

Bottom line, Sharp should be playing center. It could have been a pissing match between Q and Bowman, "Look at this big hole, get someone". Things are ****ed up here right now, I wouldn't take anything too seriously.
Thats what I dont understand, IF rumors are valid, Kane is being shopped for a 2nd line center, but why, if Sharp can fill the role? Unless there is something about Kane they don't like & hence prefer to move him? Odd.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
7 points... Yes then by all means Sharp is far more valuable than Krejci..not even in the same ballpark.
No one said far more valuable except you.

Sharp is the better player. Period.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Because the coaching staff is off their rocker.

Sharp is a better winger than he is a center, but he's still an excellent center.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

I don't understand the obsession with finding a 2C for Chicago. Didn't have any trouble scoring goals, unless we're talking a defensive minded 2C, but that's not the case. Need a better defensive structure, and better goal-tending.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Thats what I dont understand, IF rumors are valid, Kane is being shopped for a 2nd line center, but why, if Sharp can fill the role? Unless there is something about Kane they don't like & hence prefer to move him? Odd.
People still haven't realized those rumors are false? It's been reiterated four or five times this summer by Bowman himself (and also common sense, as Kane is worth a hell of a lot more than a second line center).

Old
09-19-2012, 11:58 AM
BergyWho37

Quote:
No one said far more valuable except you.

Sharp is the better player. Period.
Krejci is better PERIOD and 4yrs younger .. we can do this all day !

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:59 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Hjarlmasson
Sharp
McNeil
2nd

Krejci
Hamilton

Eventual line up

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Saad-Krecji-Hossa
Beach-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Bickell

Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hamilton
Leddy-Brookbank

Crawford
Emery

Sharp-Bergeron-Hornton
-Lucic-Seguin-Peverly
Marchand-Kelly-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Caron

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hjarlmasson
Ference-McQuiad
Mottau

Rask
Khudobin
Dream on!

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Krejci for Sharp seems fairish as a basis, but the rest of that package won't get you Hamilton
Yeah Krejci for Sharp seems close to fair value. The rest of the trade proposal is way off, not enough quality to get Hamilton.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Krejci is better PERIOD and 4yrs younger .. we can do this all day !
Sure, in your opinion Krejci is better.

Got any stats to back up that opinion? Or just an age difference?

Old
09-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj View Post
I think Schenn holds slightly higher value just because he's a bit younger and more physical, but they certainly are comparable. But that JVR deal was a bit of a unique case in that it was a one-for-one deal trading two young guys with untapped potential and some disappointing seasons. Also the brother thing with Philly.

Not to be argumentative, but given the choice I'd stick with our prospects like Kadri, Colborne, Ross, Frattin, Biggs, Rielly, Blacker, etc over the Hawks'. That's not to say you guys don't have a good prospect pool, but I think the fact that Kadri and some others get unfairly criticized on here leads to the impression our prospects stink. I actually like the group.

And it would be great if we could add a #1 C, but in reality I think we'd be happy with any upgrade on Bozak. Ideally we would have tried to make a run at guys like Derek Roy or Ribiero like you mentioned who were already dealt for relatively cheap, but at this point it seems like the market is fairly dried up. There are a lot of buyers and not many sellers, and those with excess C's are like the Bruins and are contenders that are more than happy going into a season with a surplus.
How does Kadri get unfairly criticized? He can't stick with a weak NHL team that is extremely weak at his position.

Old
09-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Hawkaholic

Sharp is the better player, but the value is similar.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:11 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Sure, in your opinion Krejci is better.

Got any stats to back up that opinion? Or just an age difference?
The stats are already posted dude ! They are equal other then the age soo give it up that sharps better comeback when krejci plays a couple years in his prime well see

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
So was Krejci & he also had the most points of any player in the playoffs that season.

Old
09-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
So was Krejci & he also had the most points of any player in the playoffs that season.
1 more point than Sharp had in Chicago's run a year earlier (an assist). Krejci played 3 more games.

Old
09-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
The stats are already posted dude ! They are equal other then the age soo give it up that sharps better comeback when krejci plays a couple years in his prime well see
Except their stats aren't equal, dude!

Old
09-19-2012, 12:23 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
I don't understand the obsession with finding a 2C for Chicago. Didn't have any trouble scoring goals, unless we're talking a defensive minded 2C, but that's not the case. Need a better defensive structure, and better goal-tending.
I don't think we are getting full potential from our wingers because of it. Sharp should be a consistent 40 goal scorer. Hossa should be at a 90 point pace. Not to mention, the young guys like Stalberg and Saad are going to need a real center to perform well and get better.