HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristo will fit nicely with the Habs and Montréal (suspended 1 game)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 09:54 AM
  #51
JohnnyReb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Jonathan Bernier ‏@JoBern
Of course, Kristo got caught and not cut. Sorry.

Just a typo.
Ah, that's better. Any hazing incident that involves sharp objects and blood is not a good thing, no matter how you want to spin it.

JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:13 PM
  #52
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,309
vCash: 597
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak
#habs Martin Lapointe Director of Player Development said that the Danny Kristo situation has been taken care of.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:18 PM
  #53
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak
#habs Martin Lapointe Director of Player Development said that the Danny Kristo situation has been taken care of.
Close thread, then. It's going nowhere anyway.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:33 PM
  #54
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak
#habs Martin Lapointe Director of Player Development said that the Danny Kristo situation has been taken care of.
Here's my definition of taken care of: (and hence how trustworthy Martin Lapointe's comment is)

#1 Send a six pack of best local beer.
#2 Attach note that says: "Party on brother! Party on!"
#3 Simulate a phone call where the words "You can't do that" are inserted somewhere.


vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:05 PM
  #55
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
@MAGodin : Marc Bergevin on Danny Kristo: You can't always blame immaturity. If he wants to have an NHL career he'll need to make the right decisions.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:16 PM
  #56
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Here's my definition of taken care of: (and hence how trustworthy Martin Lapointe's comment is)

#1 Send a six pack of best local beer.
#2 Attach note that says: "Party on brother! Party on!"
#3 Simulate a phone call where the words "You can't do that" are inserted somewhere.

Hilarious But can you give the Habs credit sometimes?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:41 PM
  #57
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Don't worry about Kristo. He will never play for the Habs.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:53 PM
  #58
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Aside from him chosing to spend another year in North Dakota, nothing else about your post is correct. Good to see you know what you are talking about.
I guess we just have to get used to posters here, posting crap.

Of course he doesn't become a free agent at the end of the year. And why are all of you saying he won't play for the Habs, besides a lockout ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:53 PM
  #59
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
@MAGodin : Marc Bergevin on Danny Kristo: You can't always blame immaturity. If he wants to have an NHL career he'll need to make the right decisions.
LyricalLyricist I'll respond to you after, really busy at the moment but this quote pretty much says exactly what I meant.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM
  #60
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Probably not, Martin Lapointe is in charge of following the forwards development while Brisebois follows the defensemen.
At the very least he gets along with everyone,who knows he could be the Habs version of Theoren Fleury without the twisted coach.His talent is unmistakable,speed,shot, passing and checking are right up there with Louis Leblanc.They could be a great 2nd or 3rd line with Blake Geoffrion as their LW,I'm looking forward to watching him again playing for the Sioux.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
  #61
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You're missing the point. You can criticize him but you're insulting him based on something you do yourself. What's the logic? Sure, you can do something and know it's wrong just the same but at a certain point it seems like you're talking just to have your voice heard rather than actually caring about what you're saying.

Oddly enough, when habs fans bash Gauthier for his lack of leadership in the organization, his lack of ability to delegate tasks and failed record on every team he's been with, it's seen as a "look at how habs fans are!" to you. No offense, but I gotta throw that one right back at you with your rant here.

Even HF articles think fairly well of Kristo at #5: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ncaa-forwards/

As for crosby, he was 17 when he was drafted so less likely. Also, crosby who has star talent wouldn't but that's a different story. Kristo doesn't even know if he'll make the NHL so he's in school. Everyone knew of crosby when he was a kid.

Also weren't a bunch of 17 year old 2012 picks caught sleeping around in pittsburgh hotel room and drinking?
Okay I found the time

The difference between me and Kristo is that he's a drafted prospect and I'm an alcoholic schmuck. Here's my logic, lemme know exactly where you find the fault, maybe we can come to a common ground:

1. Habs fans are free to insult prospects/management/players
2. Some criticism can be warranted, other criticism is not
3. The legitimacy of criticism is dependent on a lot of factors (which are up to debate, obviously) but it can be for on-ice play, behavior, dirty play, etc.
.: Danny Kristo (prospect) warrants criticism for his [repeated] ill-decisions off the ice

My defense of Gauthier was built on three pillars: 1) I don't believe in criticizing based on hearsay, speculation and "mood", 2) He made moves for his coach, and almost every move he made was a pro-active move to support that stubborn, boring coach, Jacques Martin (whom he inherited) and 3) He had too little time to make moves.

Obviously the whole lack of leadership, lack of initiative, micromanagement, yada yada yada crap is speculation and none of those cowardly media-types dared to write something on the record. From that yellow-bellied hack Dave Stubbs to all the french guys. After the season some more stuff came out (like the Cammy jersey thing) and I didn't defend Gauthier because it was a stated fact.

Now we don't need to talk about Gauthier - Kristo is the topic at hand. I'm not arguing on speculation, I'm being pretty reasonable as it is. He's 22, he'll be 23 at the youngest when he even might make the pro-leagues - and even with a low estimate of one season that means he'll be 24 when he can ruffle feathers at training camp. 24 is old, 24 is how old Crosby was this past season, 608 points deep into his career.

Now Kristo is no Crosby but I'm bringing him up because he's the idealized prospect. Kristo will be at least 24 when he breaks into the NHL - there is such a tiny, insignificant possibility of him even making it at that age, with such little progression that it's fair to call him a long-shot/likely bust. Food for thought: Ben Maxwell, that ol' bust, is the same age as Kristo.

Now I don't care about Kristo's personal development or his intentions of getting a degree and establishing his future finances or whatever - all I see is a failing prospect. Those 17 years olds are 17, and they didn't get caught. Kristo is at an age where he's supposed to really make significant NHL-worthy progression and he DID get caught. Twice. At least.

How can I, as a Habs fan, not be annoyed at a wasted prospect?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:50 PM
  #62
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,275
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
How can I, as a Habs fan, not be annoyed at a wasted prospect?
Your entire post can be answered in one sentence: because he's not a wasted prospect yet.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:55 PM
  #63
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Your entire post can be answered in one sentence: because he's not a wasted prospect yet.
Then you didn't read my entire post. Go on, I'll wait.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
  #64
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Then you didn't read my entire post. Go on, I'll wait.
Did read it, agree with hototogisu. Your only "substance" in that huge post is that he's to old and only comparative is maxwell. Who obviously has nothing in common, except for their age. Long post, lots of words to mask fact you don't know much about kristo, except that he had frostbite due to lack of judgement and alchool, and hazing incident. Which unfortunately have not much to do with what he can do on the ice or what he will do.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:17 PM
  #65
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Did read it, agree with hototogisu. Your only "substance" in that huge post is that he's to old and only comparative is maxwell. Who obviously has nothing in common, except for their age. Long post, lots of words to mask fact you don't know much about kristo, except that he had frostbite due to lack of judgement and alchool, and hazing incident. Which unfortunately have not much to do with what he can do on the ice or what he will do.
How can you say that I didn't say anything of substance when in the very next sentence you mention his frostbite, lack of judgement and problems with alcohol and personal discipline? That's exactly what I'm talking about - this prospect still hasn't played a day in any professional league AND he has several incidents in his record AND he's already 22. I don't care what he can do at 22 in university, I care what he can do for the Habs.

If he was 17 the projection would be different, if he was 19 even. But he's 22 and still gets into trouble with his coaches at a jock college. Bergevin agrees with me, I don't know why anyone would defend this prospect (in terms of his NHL potential, I'm sure he's a lovely person outside of that).

And what's your point about "too many words"? I'm trying to clearly illustrate my points, you're the one who's said literally nothing to support this prospect.

Do you think he'll make it? Do you know any other 23/24 year old college-grad prospects who've made it?

I bring up Ben Maxwell because he was pretty much known as a bust in Habs-nation. But even he has several years of pro-experience on Kristo, experience that Kristo won't have to rely on if he even chooses to try his hand in the AHL. It just seems to me he's another party animal jock - which is fine because I drank and partied a lot too, still do in fact, but I'm not a Habs prospect and no one is counting on me for anything.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:22 PM
  #66
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Did read it, agree with hototogisu. Your only "substance" in that huge post is that he's to old and only comparative is maxwell. Who obviously has nothing in common, except for their age. Long post, lots of words to mask fact you don't know much about kristo, except that he had frostbite due to lack of judgement and alchool, and hazing incident. Which unfortunately have not much to do with what he can do on the ice or what he will do.
Totally agree. Not a clue.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:42 PM
  #67
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Now we don't need to talk about Gauthier - Kristo is the topic at hand. I'm not arguing on speculation, I'm being pretty reasonable as it is. He's 22, he'll be 23 at the youngest when he even might make the pro-leagues - and even with a low estimate of one season that means he'll be 24 when he can ruffle feathers at training camp. 24 is old, 24 is how old Crosby was this past season, 608 points deep into his career.

How can I, as a Habs fan, not be annoyed at a wasted prospect?
Kristo recently turned 22, he could be in Hamilton by March or April assuming North Dakota isn't Frozen Four bound. Not sure why you bring up Crosby though.

Kristo was one of the top players in the NCAA last year, so not sure why he would be a wasted prospect.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
  #68
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
How can you say that I didn't say anything of substance when in the very next sentence you mention his frostbite, lack of judgement and problems with alcohol and personal discipline? That's exactly what I'm talking about - this prospect still hasn't played a day in any professional league AND he has several incidents in his record AND he's already 22. I don't care what he can do at 22 in university, I care what he can do for the Habs.

If he was 17 the projection would be different, if he was 19 even. But he's 22 and still gets into trouble with his coaches at a jock college. Bergevin agrees with me, I don't know why anyone would defend this prospect (in terms of his NHL potential, I'm sure he's a lovely person outside of that).

And what's your point about "too many words"? I'm trying to clearly illustrate my points, you're the one who's said literally nothing to support this prospect.

Do you think he'll make it? Do you know any other 23/24 year old college-grad prospects who've made it?

I bring up Ben Maxwell because he was pretty much known as a bust in Habs-nation. But even he has several years of pro-experience on Kristo, experience that Kristo won't have to rely on if he even chooses to try his hand in the AHL. It just seems to me he's another party animal jock - which is fine because I drank and partied a lot too, still do in fact, but I'm not a Habs prospect and no one is counting on me for anything.
Maxwell was a 'bust' because he didn't have the tools on the ice. i'm sure someone with better memory then can remind us of his precise flaws.

You'r choosing to speculate on his behavioural patterns based on snipets of incomplete information, is what seems a bit off and not right. i think, given the word around people who seem to follow kristo, based on ice performance, seems to be pretty positive, i think it's fair to say he's far from a "Bust". Not until next year at least, then we will have better ways to evaluate his status as "wasted prospect".

No one's projecting or expecting kristo to be elite, and even so, he's far from the habs fans radar right now. (outside of hf at least).

As for me giving info about kristo, well i don't follow his on ice performance, so i rather read posts from people like montreal who seems to follow him for a while.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 04:17 PM
  #69
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Maxwell was a 'bust' because he didn't have the tools on the ice. i'm sure someone with better memory then can remind us of his precise flaws.
From what I recall :

Skill player but not that skilled. He was a playmaker and a peripherical non-physical player that could not adapt to NHL speed. As a result he would just skate around, rarely getting the puck because he could not get to it (not there at the right time or couldn't fight the battles). Could not take his game at the next level and since his was a skill game he was completely ineffective.

He was also not good at anything in particular which is what ''kills'' many a NHL career.

I haven't seen anything from Kristo other than reports. Would anyone that has watched him here say if he might turn up to be some kind of Chris Higgins? Fast two way offensive skater that doesn't have top end talent. A good top9 forward in other words, with an healthy liking for booze and ladies.


Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 09-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 04:30 PM
  #70
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,309
vCash: 597
I would say Kristo has better hands than Higgins.


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 09-19-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 06:34 PM
  #71
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,210
vCash: 500
Nothing wrong with partying once in a while, but the guys that do it constantly are the one's to watch out for. It will reflect in their play and more serious consequences down the road.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:52 PM
  #72
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Hilarious But can you give the Habs credit sometimes?
Fine, I'll give them credit for enduring people enquiring about complete non-issues and not splatter someone's private life into the news.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:24 PM
  #73
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Nobody's made a kristotsyn joke yet?

You guys are slipping.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:52 PM
  #74
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,482
vCash: 243
Is Kristo not a FA if he doesn't sign a contract with us by July 1st?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:24 AM
  #75
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Maxwell was a 'bust' because he didn't have the tools on the ice. i'm sure someone with better memory then can remind us of his precise flaws.

You'r choosing to speculate on his behavioural patterns based on snipets of incomplete information, is what seems a bit off and not right. i think, given the word around people who seem to follow kristo, based on ice performance, seems to be pretty positive, i think it's fair to say he's far from a "Bust". Not until next year at least, then we will have better ways to evaluate his status as "wasted prospect".

No one's projecting or expecting kristo to be elite, and even so, he's far from the habs fans radar right now. (outside of hf at least).

As for me giving info about kristo, well i don't follow his on ice performance, so i rather read posts from people like montreal who seems to follow him for a while.
Maxwell busted because he couldn't adapt to NHL-level speed.

I'm speculating based on evidence, obviously we'll never have a complete minute-by-minute account of Kristo's life but the details that do leak out have been all entirely negative (in terms of prospect quality, I'm sure I'd love to party with him sometime).

And I know and have seen enough busted prospect to not prorate his on-ice performance as a 21 year old playing in college into NHL-level potential. Tons of better prospects with better numbers have busted. He's a UFA this next off-season anyway, what's to even say he'll join us?

All I'm asking - especially from you guys who like to take personal shots at me - is a couple of notable examples of players who stuck through their college career entirely and still managed to have NHL careers. Because the way I see it, you're all sticking your heads in the sand and saying "well he could be good, you never know" when there is a giant mountain of evidence against Kirsto himself and against his odds of making it as a 23 year old.

So please, humour me.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.