Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Oilers Heritage Classic in UK

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 04:06 PM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Oilers Heritage Classic in UK

ok channel 5 will show the whole alumni game plus the nhl game on thursday morning 12:30am. i presume it includes the alumni game coz the show i think has been scheduled for 3 hours.

for those of you like me who cant wait that long then all north american sports bars are closed at 3am which is when the game is on sunday morning instead many of them are repeating the game around 6pm.

so anyone in london who wants to go with me to the Maple Leafs Bar on Sunday e-mail me at rabi_sultan@yahoo.com don't PM me i wont be checking HFBoards until after as i don't want the result ruined for me.

thanks

Rabi.

Old
11-22-2003, 03:09 AM
GB

vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Excellent. Hopefully the Habs end the night 2-0. I'm looking forward to seeing Guy Lafleur, and Gretzky & Kurri again.

Old
11-22-2003, 12:07 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
ok i just found out they are showing Detroit vs Edmonton on channel 5 but that still leaves a lot of time perhaps they'll show all three games in one go? i don't know would be interesting to find out.

If not get down to a bar, i know u dont live in london do you GBEditor but find one for tommorow 6pm at the time of writing this post i cant find any news that says the game is NOT going ahead, in any case the alumni game IS going ahead.

Old
11-23-2003, 03:34 AM
GB

vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
I live in Wigan, very few people here now what ice hockey is, and most of them who do only know because I told them Even in the North-East, my home, they don't have a single hockey bar. it saddens me when I remember how hockey mad that region was. Blackburn is from London though, and we have a new England-based user, but I'm not sure where he lives.

Even if they only show extended highlights (10-15 mins) of the Heritage game I'll be pleased.

Old
12-05-2003, 03:36 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

oh man if i was still in london i would have been there with you screaming my face off, with the help of a pint or two

Closed Thread