HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilerrrr I Mean Barons '12-13 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
I've been seeing lots of people wondering, and I haven't come across an answer.

Is there actually a guarantee that Hall can go down once his injury is done, or did he miss his chance altogether?
Nothing is a guarantee but it would make most sense that he will go there to play especially after recovering from his first major surgery in his career. But no he hasn't missed his chance he can be assigned to OKC once he's healthy. How do I know, commons ense would tell me that if Eberle can be assigned that hall can be too.

Good to see all the support in this thread for my boy Rajala.

Old
09-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
RNH going down to OKC after scoring 52 points reminds me of Spezza joining the Birmingham Senators during the '04 lockout after scoring 55 points with Ottawa in 03-04... but man... a guy like Eberle coming off a 76 point NHL season playing in the AHL? Boggles the mind.
Really? So it boggles your mind that the team would want their young stars to play with the teams best prospects to lead thme by example and build chemistry for the future. Really you just need to take a quarter step back from the stat lines and you'll figure it out.

Old
09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I suppose, but I never agreed with the notion of Hall at centre and I don`t think we will see it this season at the NHL level anyway.
I completely agree with you. Until Gagner is no longer on this team and we have no better option than to switch our best LWer to C, the rumblings should mean absolutely. Honestly if we move Hall to center we have nothing on the left side. You can either get accustomed to seeing MPS and Hartikainen playing in those spots or seeing good ol' Edmonton boy Ryan Smyth movin back up.

To me it makes zero sense to move Hall to center at this point.

Old
09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Nothing is a guarantee but it would make most sense that he will go there to play especially after recovering from his first major surgery in his career. But no he hasn't missed his chance he can be assigned to OKC once he's healthy. How do I know, commons ense would tell me that if Eberle can be assigned that hall can be too.

Good to see all the support in this thread for my boy Rajala.
Thanks for the answer, however it was less directed at whether Hall can be sent down since he is Hall, but more at whether you can be sent down once the lockout goes in full force.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Thanks for the answer, however it was less directed at whether Hall can be sent down since he is Hall, but more at whether you can be sent down once the lockout goes in full force.
Oh in terms of that well then yes he can be assigned. He just can't right now because of his injury. Until he's completely recovered he can't be assigned to the minors. Kind of like Fedun last year, he remained on the Oilers roster all season. So same deal with Hall he remains on the Oilers roster until he is healed. He is also making NHL money right now too because of his injury/surgery.

edit: According to the trade rumor thread some are saying that since Hall is hurt he didn't make the Saturday dealine and won't be eligible to play once he is healthy unless he signs an AHL deal which is unlikely. This is apparentyl from Gregor who I thought said that Hall could join them after he was healed so who knows.

Last edited by Reimer: 09-17-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old
09-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewbies View Post
I had a beer league pickup last night and it appeared that I was the only one there who knew what was going down with ye olde Barons. I tried to get the word out. People got excited. As I am.

That said I can't see any record breaking point totals coming from any of these guys. Nelson's scheme just isn't going to allow for it. He rolls all 4 lines and demands so much defensively from his forwards...individual high point totals don't seem that likely. That's not to poo-poo these guys...Eberle is almost certainly going to be the best player in the AHL, RNH and Schultz are not far behind him. The Barons might be the best hockey team in the world. Maybe.

If they all stay here the whole season I think I'd put Eberle at 40/60 and RNH at 30/60..but both will be +30/40. Plus I bet they have a great time as OKC is an awesome place to live. High fives all around.
Nelson definitely rolls all 4 lines, but IMO you are really underrating what they will do offensively.

09-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Let's say the lockout stretches into November/December and Hall becomes healthy. While the Oilers couldn't assign him to the minors, they could actually sign him to an AHL only contract. Signing an AHL only deal would be no different than signing in Europe, so while Hall won't be on the list by Saturday, there is a chance, albeit a slim one, that he could end up in OKC if the lockout lasts longer than any of us want.

http://oilersnation.com/2012/9/12/hall-wont-go-to-okc

Here is a post from joestevens in that other thread that clears up Halls situation from Gregor.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Let's say the lockout stretches into November/December and Hall becomes healthy. While the Oilers couldn't assign him to the minors, they could actually sign him to an AHL only contract. Signing an AHL only deal would be no different than signing in Europe, so while Hall won't be on the list by Saturday, there is a chance, albeit a slim one, that he could end up in OKC if the lockout lasts longer than any of us want.

http://oilersnation.com/2012/9/12/hall-wont-go-to-okc

Here is a post from joestevens in that other thread that clears up Halls situation from Gregor.
Hmmm... There are no exemptions for players coming back from injury?

I know Eberle the other day said he assumes when Hall is healthy he will be coming down to join him, RNH etc... in OKC.

Quote:
"Mentally, I don't really look at it like it's going to dwindle anything or hurt my progress," Eberle explained. "I'm going to try and build my game as best I can and play to the best of my ability -- that doesn't change no matter where you're playing. We're going to have some good players down there like Nuge, (Justin) Schultz and, in all likelihood, Hallsy (Taylor Hall) once he gets cleared."

Old
09-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Hmmm... There are no exemptions for players coming back from injury?

I know Eberle the other day said he assumes when Hall is healthy he will be coming down to join him, RNH etc... in OKC.
Yeah that's why I'm confused on who's playing where. I don't understand why Hall wouldn't be just because he wasn't eligible on Saturday to go down. Be sweet if it did come down to the AHL contract thing though, it would show the heart and character that the kid has and that he wants to play with his teammates regardless of the situation rather than going to Europe for more money for the time being. Something that Captain Coff likely would advise him of.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Oilerdiehard

Ryan Rishaug
Oilers who play in AHL this season will burn years on their deals. Once healthy T Hall can and likely will be assigned to AHL.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Hall is on a Two-Way contract and unable to be assigned due to his current LTIR status. Once he is cleared by doctors he will be able to join the squad in OKC much like Eberle suggested he will. He is exempt from the current deadline due to his current status. What I'm curious as to, is how long a player who has his injury status
Ifted has to decide whether he will be assigned to the farm.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Ryan Rishaug
Oilers who play in AHL this season will burn years on their deals. Once healthy T Hall can and likely will be assigned to AHL.
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Seems to be some doubt as to Halls ability to go to AHL after he’s declared healthy. Will keep looking into it.

We are back to square one, the saga continues lol.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Posted this on the NHL polls board:

I guess it will be a 76 game season not an 80 game season this should obviously drive the numbers down a bit.

Per the Barons website: Oklahoma City will play 44 of its 76 games against its South Division opponents, the Houston Aeros (12 games), San Antonio Rampage (12 games), Texas Stars (12 games) and Charlotte Checkers (8 games).

They also play:
Milwaukee 4 times
Grand Rapids 4 times
Lake Eerie 4 times
Abbotsford 4 times
Chicago 4 times
Rockford 4 times

That's a total of 68 of 76 games against 10 opponents.

So who do these teams have that are down there or coming down that would give the Barons fits?

Last years records for these teams:

'11-12 Season All Teams Played 76 games
San Antonio (Florida) 87 points 197GF 204GA
Houston (Minnesota) 86 points 202GF 206GA
Texas (Stars) 67 points 224GF 251GA
Charlotte (Carolina) 85 points 209GF 214GA
Milwaukee (Nashville) 87 points 210GF 190GA
Abbotsford (Calgary) 92 points 200GF 201GA
Grand Rapids (Detroit) 77 points 245GF 249GA
Chicago (Vancouver) 91 points 213GF 193GA
Rockford (Chicago) 79 points 207GF 228GA
Lake Eerie (Colorado) 84 points 189GF 210GA

Last year's Barons:
99 points 213GF 176GA

Without putting too much though into it these teams will be getting boosts from their NHL clubs:

Charlotte (Skinner and Faulk)
Abbotsford (Baertschi)
Lake Eerie (Landeskog)
Milwaukee (Ellis, maybe Josi?)
Houston (Brodin, Granlund?, maybe Phillips as well?)
San Antonio (Petrovic)

These teams may have others coming as well that I am unaware of, but most won't be all that much better.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:30 PM
ZugNugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Posted this on the NHL polls board:

I guess it will be a 76 game season not an 80 game season this should obviously drive the numbers down a bit.

Per the Barons website: Oklahoma City will play 44 of its 76 games against its South Division opponents, the Houston Aeros (12 games), San Antonio Rampage (12 games), Texas Stars (12 games) and Charlotte Checkers (8 games).

They also play:
Milwaukee 4 times
Grand Rapids 4 times
Lake Eerie 4 times
Abbotsford 4 times
Chicago 4 times
Rockford 4 times

That's a total of 68 of 76 games against 10 opponents.

So who do these teams have that are down there or coming down that would give the Barons fits?

Last years records for these teams:

'11-12 Season All Teams Played 76 games
San Antonio (Florida) 87 points 197GF 204GA
Houston (Minnesota) 86 points 202GF 206GA
Texas (Stars) 67 points 224GF 251GA
Charlotte (Carolina) 85 points 209GF 214GA
Milwaukee (Nashville) 87 points 210GF 190GA
Abbotsford (Calgary) 92 points 200GF 201GA
Grand Rapids (Detroit) 77 points 245GF 249GA
Chicago (Vancouver) 91 points 213GF 193GA
Rockford (Chicago) 79 points 207GF 228GA
Lake Eerie (Colorado) 84 points 189GF 210GA

Last year's Barons:
99 points 213GF 176GA

Without putting too much though into it these teams will be getting boosts from their NHL clubs:

Charlotte (Skinner and Faulk)
Abbotsford (Baertschi)
Lake Eerie (Landeskog)
Milwaukee (Ellis, maybe Josi?)
Houston (Brodin, Granlund?, maybe Phillips as well?)
San Antonio (Petrovic)

These teams may have others coming as well that I am unaware of, but most won't be all that much better.
I don't believe Landeskog was assigned to Lake Erie. Rumors of Norway and Sweden.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
I don't believe Landeskog was assigned to Lake Erie. Rumors of Norway and Sweden.
I just assumed, I guess time will tell where he'll play.

Old
09-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I just assumed, I guess time will tell where he'll play.
Never assume, it makes an ass.....oh, never mind

Old
09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
JohnWayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
If we go well into October, one would assume that LWer is Taylor Hall.
I thought all rosters were now frozen and that is why there was a rush to send people down

Old
09-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Baronsfan

I'm guessing Yann Danis has already been in town for a little bit. Here's an interview with him talking about his expectations for the team this season, about his choice to sign back with Edmonton, and also he talks about his role in helping the young goalies in the system (Bunz/Roy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5Qx...1&feature=plcp

Old
09-19-2012, 04:02 PM
lakai17

opinions on Todd Nelson with the young guns? I believe he will be great for development.

Old
09-19-2012, 04:44 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
opinions on Todd Nelson with the young guns? I believe he will be great for development.
They'll all be put into checking roles and it will somehow be Kevin Lowe's fault.

Old
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

So i decided to go into full lockout denial mode and start calling this team the Oilers and follow them like I would the Oilers.

Old
09-19-2012, 08:44 PM
rockinghockey

OKC is going to be a nice team to keep track of this year. It works out good to give Schultz some time in the AHL and Yak in a professional league where he can get use to the pace.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:24 PM
pocketful
"We'll see"

Quote:
So i decided to go into full lockout denial mode and start calling this team the Oilers and follow them like I would the Oilers.
You are me!

Old
09-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Wheatking

It's kind of funny that Hall is our most reliable source on Eberle news(the contract extension coming soon) and Eberle is apparently one of the best sources of Hall news.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Barons training camp starts 9/30. What a shame that we aren't able to see our prospects play in the Penticton tournament and we won't be able to see this camp online.

Closed Thread