HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Nikolay Prokhorkin signed to 3 year ELC

Old
09-19-2012, 01:57 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Kings get Prokhorkin, KHL gets Loktionov... Done. What more is there for the two leagues to discuss...
one scenario is that LA breaks NHL-KHL Memorandum about honoring contracts. Phorkorkin has valid KHL contract until 2015 I believe. Loktionov has contract with LA, he wil be back after lockout.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
If he stays in Russia, who are we to say that's bad for his career? Likely will be respectably paid (higher than most jobs I'd assume over there as well) and be in his homeland closer to family and friends. Not sure how that's bad for his career. Bad for him as a future NHLer maybe, but not for his career. It's not all about making the NHL or the money you make.
You obviously didn't read my post as I said his NHL career.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
You obviously didn't read my post as I said his NHL career.
Then I stand corrected.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 02:58 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
one scenario is that LA breaks NHL-KHL Memorandum about honoring contracts. Phorkorkin has valid KHL contract until 2015 I believe. Loktionov has contract with LA, he wil be back after lockout.
And by signing Loktionov, Severstal Cherepovets is doing the same thing the Kings are doing... Loktionov isn't "locked out," he was assigned to the AHL to play out the season there. The Kings could claim that Loktionov signing there breaks the NHL - KHL Memorandum in the same way that the Prorkhorkin signing does. Thing is as was brought up earlier in this thread, the Kings may not mind if Loktionov goes to the KHL and plays because of the lockout.

That's why I said the KHL can have Loktionov, and the Kings can have Prorkhorkin. Seems like a simple "trade" or transfer and fair to both sides. Besides it's not like the KHL isn't already going to benefit from the lockout...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 04:03 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Lockout is special case, not the same as "normal" case. Different is to sign a player for lockout period (2 weeks or so) and entry contract (3 year??)

KHL thinks Prokhorkin has valid contract, but final decision in made on next monday.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:27 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Lockout is special case, not the same as "normal" case. Different is to sign a player for lockout period (2 weeks or so) and entry contract (3 year??)

KHL thinks Prokhorkin has valid contract, but final decision in made on next monday.
Quote:
That’s all well and good, except for the little fact that Loktionov technically isn’t locked out. Last week, the Kings assigned him to Manchester of the AHL. There wasn’t any option or choice involved; he was assigned.
That qoute is from Hammond's blog ful post here:
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/09/19...nov-to-russia/

Quote:
If they’re not happy with the idea, though, they could certainly make the case that Loktionov is in violation of his contract. Based on what I can gather, the Kings are still in something of a wait-and-see mode on this one.
Very much the same situation. Prokhorkin signed with the Kings but was assigned to Manchester as well. Both have signed contracts with a team in the NHL and the KHL. If they don't report to the teams they are signed to they could be found in breach of their contract (either KHL or NHL depending on the player.) The lockout has nothing to do with it in either case.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:59 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Not the same situation.

Prokhorkin signed in NHL, but had valid KHL contract - illegal singing in NHL

Loktionov did not sign in KHL and wont until LA agrees. - legall singing in KHL

Old
09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Not the same situation.

So Loktionov was assigned to the AHL by the Kings.

Loktionov then goes to the KHL and will play (reportedly) for Atlant, against the assignment of the Kings.

I assume that if LA sends Loktionov to the AHL and he then refuses and leaves to go to the KHL, the Kings won't be paying him, as he's in breach of contract.

I also assume Loktionov isn't going to want to play for free, so whose paying him?

Old
09-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Looks like there is a similar situation with St. Louis and Tarasenko, who was assigned to the AHL but he has decided to stay in Russia and play in the KHL.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/T...s-to-Russia-01

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
Not the same situation.

Not the same, but still both are illegal. The Prokhorkin signing is against the transfer agreement, provided Prokhorkin's KHL contract is valid. Loktionov doesn't violate the transfer agreement as long as he doesn't sign with Atlant, but he is violating his contractual obligations to the Los Angeles Kings. He has a valid two-way contract with that organization and if they send him to the AHL he has to report. The lockout doesn't mean anything because the Kings franchise decided to lock out the NHL team, but not their AHL team which Loktionov is a part of right now from the legal point of view.

That said, of course the Los Angeles Kings don't have the right to sign Prokhorkin against the transfer agreement as some kind of "retaliation" for the Loktionov situation. As long as Atlant doesn't sign Loktionov, the KHL has done nothing wrong, contrary to Loktionov.

But the Kings are not even arguing on that level, they simply claim that Prokhorkin's KHL contract is invalid.

Last edited by Theokritos: 09-20-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:04 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
Not the same, but still both are illegal. The Prokhorkin signing is against the transfer agreement, provided Prokhorkin's KHL contract is valid. Loktionov doesn't violate the transfer agreement as long as he doesn't sign with Atlant, but he is violating his contractual obligations to the Los Angeles Kings. He hes a valid two-way contract with that organization and if they send him to the AHL he has to report. The lockout doesn't mean anything because the Kings franchise decided to lock out the NHL team, but not their AHL team which Loktionov is a part of right now from the legal point of view.

That said, of course the Los Angeles Kings don't have the right to sign Prokhorkin against the transfer agreement as some kind of "retaliation" for the Loktionov situation. As long as Atlant doesn't sign Loktionov, the KHL has done nothing wrong, contrary to Loktionov.

But the Kings are not even arguing on that level, they simply claim that Prokhorkin's KHL contract is invalid.
Agree. If Loktionov does not report, it is him problem not KHL´s as you wrote. I am sure he will NOT sign in KHL until LA agrees with it. There is the same situation with Yakupov, Tarasenko as I know. It is good to hear these guys dont want to play AHL, good for all of them.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:10 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Will Porkins be wearing #6 any time soon???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Porkhorkin's is the first player to get to Monarchs camp. I assume this means everything was worked out.

via monarchs twitter

Quote:
First hockey player sighting of the season! Nicolay Prokhorkin is in the house! #Monarchs @VWArenaNH

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I'm more interested in seeing if Loktionov shows up.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Surprised that Prokhorkin already arrived with the supposed issue with a KHL contract.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Surprised that Prokhorkin already arrived with the supposed issue with a KHL contract.
He was allegedly in the US for almost 2 weeks now. When this whole thing came to light, he was already on his way to the US, so the rumors said.

Quote:
I'm more interested in seeing if Loktionov shows up.
I gotta think that the silence regarding that situation has to mean it's been worked out and that he either got the Kings blessing or he's decided to stay.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Why don't the Kings send his Russian team a bunch of blues jeans and Beatles albums and call it a day?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Update from the Mayor

Quote:
LAKings presented argument KHL contract is invalid, awaiting KHL rebutal

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
He was allegedly in the US for almost 2 weeks now. When this whole thing came to light, he was already on his way to the US, so the rumors said.
Still interesting that he was over here.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:36 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

We knew he was in the US for awhile now and that he was going to be in Manchester as well. I know I posted it here and think I did so even in this thread.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote