HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 10:21 AM
  #1
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout

I thought we should have a topic for our guys, who are going where, and to make it easier for everyone to follow their seasons.

So far confirmed destinations:

C Henrik Zetterberg --> EV Zug, NLA Switzerland
C Pavel Datsyuk ---> ZSKA Moscow, KHL
F Valtteri Filppula ---> Jokerit Helsinki, SM-Liiga
W Gustav Nyquist ---> Grand Rapids Griffins, AHL
W Jan Mursak ---> Telemach Olimpija Ljubljana, Austrian League
W Damien Brunner ---> EV Zug, NLA Switzerland (should joins the Griffins, when the AHL starts)
W Tomas Tatar ---> SHK 37 Piestany, Slovak Extraliga
W Drew Miller ---> Braehead Clan, English Elite Ice Hockey League.
C Cory Emmerton ---> SaiPa Lappeenranta, SM-Liiga Finland

D Kyle Quincey ---> Denver Cutthroats, CHL
D Jonathan Ericsson ---> Vita Hästen, Sweden 4th tier
D Brendan Smith ---> Grand Rapids Griffins, AHL
D Jakub Kindl ---> HC Pardubice, Czech Extraliga

My own speculations:

C Henrik Zetterberg, Timrå, Elitserien (only if the whole season is abandoned)
W Johan Franzen, Linköping?, Elitserien (his old team in Elitserien, and only possible if the whole season is abandoned)
W Mikael Samuelsson, Södertälje?, Allsvenskan (Södertälje is his junior club and played there during the last lockout. The team is at Swedish 2nd level, so there's no limits for short-stinted NHL players))
W Dan Cleary, Mora IK?, Allsvenskan (his team during the last lockout. Also at Swedish 2nd level, joining Kopitar brothers?)
C Darren Helm, ??? (would fit well to SM-Liiga)
W Todd Bertuzzi, ??? (I'd definitely like to see him in SM-Liiga)
W Jordin Tootoo, ??? (will be a fan favourite and cult player anywhere he goes, I guarantee it.)
F Justin Abdelkader, ??? (would fit well to SM-Liiga like Helm)
W Patrick Eaves, Jokerit? (joins Jokerit at SM-Liiga to play with his brother Ben Eaves. Ironically, both guys have had injuries at past and Ben Eaves is currently injured. I've started thinking they really have some genetic injury proneness. )
W Drew Miller, ??? (would be a great worker for SM-Liiga level)
C Cory Emmerton, ??? (could be nice pickup to play a playmaker role, not a defensive role like at Wings)

D Niklas Kronwall, Djurgården?, Allsvenskan (his junior-team is currently at Swedish 2nd level, should be his obvious choise)
D Kyle Quincey, ??? (good overall pickup for any team)
D Ian White, ??? (I think White would blossom at Europe, great overall defeceman here)
D Carlo Colaiacovo, ??? (when looking the history of Colaiacovo, they have been like brothers with White at Toronto years. Somebody should hire them as a package to ease their becoming NHL-pairing "growing pains".)

G Jimmy Howard, ??? (superb pickup for any team, just hope he will rehab his groin and takes this extra break just as a break for his body)
G Jonas Gustavsson, Elitserien? (his older teams are at Elitserien, so maybe he looks somewhere to Allsvenskan level)


Last edited by Henkka: 10-15-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:33 AM
  #2
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Looks like Pavel has signed with CSKA.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:34 AM
  #3
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,823
vCash: 500
Dmitry Chesnokov reporting that Datsyuk has signed with CSKA Moscow. Same team as Radulov and Wings prospect Alexei Marchenko. Semin and Bryzgalov have been also rumoured to join CSKA.


Last edited by ChadS: 09-19-2012 at 10:43 AM.
ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:34 AM
  #4
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,667
vCash: 500
thread has been done, and not too long ago...

Mods merge with this > http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1260789

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
  #5
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,961
vCash: 500
Already

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1260789

Mods: please merge.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:04 PM
  #6
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I'd rather keep this topic without merging, because nobody is updating that older topic in the 1st post, where everybody could see the current situation.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 06:20 PM
  #7
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Oh yummy, Ovie and Dats??? He Gould hint for our to request trade to wings after

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 06:21 PM
  #8
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Oh yummy, Ovie and Dats??? He Gould hint for our to request trade to wings after
Playing on different teams

Ovie is on Dynamo
Datsyuk on CSKA

He can start mentoring Marchenko though.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
  #9
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I'd rather keep this topic without merging, because nobody is updating that older topic in the 1st post, where everybody could see the current situation.
I never understand why people want mods to "merge threads"
Who cares? Having two threads on the same topic knocks a week old thread off the front page.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
  #10
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Which team is Tatar skating for until GR starts? In Slovakian Domestic League or the new Slovak KHL team?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:07 PM
  #11
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Dukla Trencin is the rumoured team for Tatar. Slovan Bratislava plays at KHL.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 08:46 PM
  #12
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Dukla Trencin is the rumoured team for Tatar. Slovan Bratislava plays at KHL.
His KHL rights are owned by SKA Saint Petersburg anyway, he was a first round draft pick in the KHL of them. So I don't think he could just pick Slovan even if he wanted to. The Wings said they aren't releasing him to the KHL, although Tatar did hint that is where he would like to play in the event of a lookout.

I honestly think the overripe process has completely worn thin with Tatar. I really worry next year when his contract is up and he is out of options he won't care that the roster spot is finally offered and jet over to Russia anyway. He seems to have become increasingly frustrated with the process. You can say earn more, but he has improved a lot as a player and really should be given a chance. I understand his frustration and I hope it doesn't bite the Wings.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:30 PM
  #13
kap0r
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
His KHL rights are owned by SKA Saint Petersburg anyway, he was a first round draft pick in the KHL of them. So I don't think he could just pick Slovan even if he wanted to. The Wings said they aren't releasing him to the KHL, although Tatar did hint that is where he would like to play in the event of a lookout.

I honestly think the overripe process has completely worn thin with Tatar. I really worry next year when his contract is up and he is out of options he won't care that the roster spot is finally offered and jet over to Russia anyway. He seems to have become increasingly frustrated with the process. You can say earn more, but he has improved a lot as a player and really should be given a chance. I understand his frustration and I hope it doesn't bite the Wings.

Tatar explicitly said in the interview I linked in the prospects thread, that he`s cleared to play either in Slovan or Trencin from the RedWings until the 10th of October.
Since SKA filled its roster with Kovalchuk & Tarasenko, I`d expect a similar situation as with Jaro Janus (G, Tampa Bay, rights held by Lokomotiv Yaroslavl) - he`ll be "loaned" for a season/couple of weeks by SKA, since he`s no use for them now.
I mean he even trained with the guys from Slovan during this summer.

http://translate.google.com/translat...onu%2F&act=url

Regarding the second part of your post, here`s another interview taken during the summer, where he adresses his issues with being held in AHL - roughly translated, he expects to be called up for couple of games this year and would be glad to get a shot with the Red Wings the next year.
.
AND he refused a lucrative contract with SKA after the IIHF World champs

He`s patient and glad to be a part of the organization, don`t worry

kap0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:02 PM
  #14
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kap0r View Post
Tatar explicitly said in the interview I linked in the prospects thread, that he`s cleared to play either in Slovan or Trencin from the RedWings until the 10th of October.
Since SKA filled its roster with Kovalchuk & Tarasenko, I`d expect a similar situation as with Jaro Janus (G, Tampa Bay, rights held by Lokomotiv Yaroslavl) - he`ll be "loaned" for a season/couple of weeks by SKA, since he`s no use for them now.
I mean he even trained with the guys from Slovan during this summer.

http://translate.google.com/translat...onu%2F&act=url

Regarding the second part of your post, here`s another interview taken during the summer, where he adresses his issues with being held in AHL - roughly translated, he expects to be called up for couple of games this year and would be glad to get a shot with the Red Wings the next year.
.
AND he refused a lucrative contract with SKA after the IIHF World champs

He`s patient and glad to be a part of the organization, don`t worry
Wow the translator had some problems with that at parts. Thanks for the update.

He does bring up once again that he thinks he has some out in his contract that nobody else thinks exists in the event of a lockout. It was a different interview when doing a advertising thing that brought out my initial concern and his comments here have something similar.

He does clearly still want to stay in the NHL track, but I wonder what another season of being stuck in Grand Rapids is going to do. Lets be honest with the Wings forward numbers even if the lockout is averted he is going to have a hard time getting up.

I really like the way Tatar has improved, I think he and Nyquist could have huge years this year in Grand Rapids. They are both NHL ready in my opinion, I am expecting great things.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:25 AM
  #15
Ivanko
Registered User
 
Ivanko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tilburg, Netherlands
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
News on Tatar are that he will play in the Slovak extraliga (so no Slovan Bratislava), but it will not be Dukla Trencin, but another team in the extraliga - they keep it secret to surprise the fans.

here is a link to the Slovak article: http://sport.sme.sk/c/6539623/tatar-...lubu-taji.html

Ivanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:15 AM
  #16
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 420
Does anyone know if Pavel will start in today's game with CSKA?

I got a link for a very good Czech stream on the main board (https://www.tipsport.cz/tv )
but they aren't showing the game today. Anyone got another link to watch the Datsyuk?

Man at times like this I really appreciate having our friends in Europe. You guys are the only true winnners in this lockout.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 09:22 AM
  #17
ModryJazyk
Registered User
 
ModryJazyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanko View Post
News on Tatar are that he will play in the Slovak extraliga (so no Slovan Bratislava), but it will not be Dukla Trencin, but another team in the extraliga - they keep it secret to surprise the fans.

here is a link to the Slovak article: http://sport.sme.sk/c/6539623/tatar-...lubu-taji.html
SHK 37 Piestany

ModryJazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:48 AM
  #18
alexhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
Does anyone know if Pavel will start in today's game with CSKA?
No. Not today..

alexhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:10 AM
  #19
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,382
vCash: 500
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...klas-kronwall/

Just like Z, it looks like Kronwall won't go anywhere before christmas. Per his agent.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
  #20
Juneemoon
Registered User
 
Juneemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 500
Datsyuk practicing with CSKA with the Red Wings logo taped over on his pants...


Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 01:00 PM
  #21
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 420
Jiri Hudler is playing live right now!!!!!

http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/ice-hock...451-95390.html

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:51 AM
  #22
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,823
vCash: 500
Swedish Elite League is now open for business again (nhl players can play there)

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:55 AM
  #23
theodred
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
update about Brunner

Unfortunately Brunner likely wont join GR. In this article he says that hell stay until the NHL Starts....
He also say he and the Management found it the Best Solution....

http://slapshot.ch.sportalsports.com...420800000.html

theodred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  #24
crashman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodred View Post
Unfortunately Brunner likely wont join GR. In this article he says that hell stay until the NHL Starts....
He also say he and the Management found it the Best Solution....

http://slapshot.ch.sportalsports.com...420800000.html
It will be interesting to watch him and Linus Omark on the same team. If Omark tears it up in that league and out-plays Brunner, then any excitement I had about Brunner goes out the window.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 01:29 PM
  #25
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodred View Post
Unfortunately Brunner likely wont join GR. In this article he says that hell stay until the NHL Starts....
He also say he and the Management found it the Best Solution....

http://slapshot.ch.sportalsports.com...420800000.html
Good things:
- Some of our prospects will get his TOP6-icetime at Griffins.

Bad things:
- Brunner will lose his AHL-possibility for smoother transition to North-American hockey.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.