HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2012, 01:46 PM
  #126
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,961
vCash: 50
Someone give me a projected lineup here.

Is de Haan going to make it?

Is the teams focus on going to be on winning, or punching as many people in the face as possible.

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
  #127
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Someone give me a projected lineup here.

Is de Haan going to make it?

Is the teams focus on going to be on winning, or punching as many people in the face as possible.
I'm not a coach so I don't do projected lineups.

All signs that I have seen point to De Haan being a 7th D-man

Can't we do both?

Loosie is online now  
Old
09-16-2012, 12:00 PM
  #128
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Ok folks, preseason behind us! Was it successful? Won two of 4 but in the 2 wins had their first preseason win in 4 seasons. Top guns did not produce in preseason so am hoping that will change - and expect it will. During the preseason a few kids put up some decent numbers - however, where will they fit, if at all.

Connor Burgess - feel for the kid...how did he look last night? Heard he was part of the group on for both goals against? Anyone confirm that?

Defence has the normal mainstays but will De Hann make it, will a veteran of the league be moved to make room for Cummins and De Hann and what about McFadden...will he go or stay?

Goalies are set to start the season and will Sudbury coaches and brass keep extras long into the season putting them in the lineup now and again or will they set the team right away and go until injury or a player regresses for some reason?

Many questions to be asked which will draw evern more questions.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
  #129
StungbySting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Who will be wearing the "C" for the Wolves this year? Does Leivo have a chance?

StungbySting is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 09:38 PM
  #130
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Campagna? You mean the guy who lays on the ice pouting everytime he gets hit? Give me a break.
I agree with wings5, I think you are watching the wrong team.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 07:06 AM
  #131
djscooter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I agree with wings5, I think you are watching the wrong team.
If you don't understand why a soft one dimensional winger who constantly carries the puck up the ice only to lose it is bad for the team. Well, I don't even know...

There's clearly a reason he went from an NHL prospect to undrafted.

djscooter is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 09:21 AM
  #132
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
If you don't understand why a soft one dimensional winger who constantly carries the puck up the ice only to lose it is bad for the team. Well, I don't even know...

There's clearly a reason he went from an NHL prospect to undrafted.
Campagna has been a centre for as long as I have seen him.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
  #133
chiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Why don't all the negative people who get their kicks out of putting down these young kids write their true names down so that all can take a deep look into their lives. I am sure they have big time issues.
I can't believe all the things that are negativity written about 16 year old Connor Burgess. My heart sinks when I read some of the crap these "experts" post here and especially on the Noof site. This young man from what I have heard and seen is a really good kid and he must hear some of this. I hope to heck he makes you all look like fools. Actually he doesnt have to prove anything! He is lucky enough to maybe get a break (but maybe not) because his father and grandfather did so much for hockey in Sudbury and is not taking a spot from anyone.
The team will be carrying one extra forward more than they normally do and I'm sure Connor will get spot duty when the time is right. Even then maybe he will improve a lot just from being in the environment with his peers. He might be a late bloomer as far as his skating goes but he has shown that he can put the puck in the net.
Please all you couch potato experts, keep the direct criticism of 16yr old kids to yourselves or just go look in the mirror and complain to that person.
All the best to the Wolves this year and congrats to Connor and his Dad for fighting through all this. Go Connor and remember that life is full of negativity and stay on your own path. All will work out and when it does, I will be one of the ones who will be cheering the loudest.
Let kids be kids and don't kill their dreams and confidence people!

chiller is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 02:04 AM
  #134
i luvallsports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiller View Post
Why don't all the negative people who get their kicks out of putting down these young kids write their true names down so that all can take a deep look into their lives. I am sure they have big time issues.
I can't believe all the things that are negativity written about 16 year old Connor Burgess. My heart sinks when I read some of the crap these "experts" post here and especially on the Noof site. This young man from what I have heard and seen is a really good kid and he must hear some of this. I hope to heck he makes you all look like fools. Actually he doesnt have to prove anything! He is lucky enough to maybe get a break (but maybe not) because his father and grandfather did so much for hockey in Sudbury and is not taking a spot from anyone.
The team will be carrying one extra forward more than they normally do and I'm sure Connor will get spot duty when the time is right. Even then maybe he will improve a lot just from being in the environment with his peers. He might be a late bloomer as far as his skating goes but he has shown that he can put the puck in the net.
Please all you couch potato experts, keep the direct criticism of 16yr old kids to yourselves or just go look in the mirror and complain to that person.
All the best to the Wolves this year and congrats to Connor and his Dad for fighting through all this. Go Connor and remember that life is full of negativity and stay on your own path. All will work out and when it does, I will be one of the ones who will be cheering the loudest.
Let kids be kids and don't kill their dreams and confidence people!
Answer this one question, did he outplay FRANCESCO VILARDI ?! Whom you know was drafted before your family member. He also PLAYED and performed quite well.

i luvallsports is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 05:00 AM
  #135
chiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvallsports View Post
Answer this one question, did he outplay FRANCESCO VILARDI ?! Whom you know was drafted before your family member. He also PLAYED and performed quite well.
I am not a Burgess family member as you are insinuating. Reread what i wrote that the Wolves are carrying 1 more rostered forward than they always have. No spots were lost. Let this issue die as i didnt want to bring more attention to it but rather bring some sense and awareness to the harsh critics. Leave the personal attacks off of public media.

chiller is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 06:14 AM
  #136
i luvallsports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiller View Post
I am not a Burgess family member as you are insinuating. Reread what i wrote that the Wolves are carrying 1 more rostered forward than they always have. No spots were lost. Let this issue die as i didnt want to bring more attention to it but rather bring some sense and awareness to the harsh critics. Leave the personal attacks off of public media.
I was being facetious about the family member. Point is, he is in the media. He is the son of a owner, and he should not be on this current roster. The other third round pic played and played well. Connor didnt play due to a concussion or so they had said. So, without practicing , or playing during the preseason, hes on the team?

Personally, I hope he does well. For his sake and the team.

i luvallsports is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
  #137
djscooter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Campagna has been a centre for as long as I have seen him.
You're 100% right and I'm mistaken he always has been and still is a center. Winger just came out because all I can do is picture him coming up the left side and trying to toe-drag it by the d-man a dozen times a game.

djscooter is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 08:32 PM
  #138
bigred2point0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Corrado got named captain

bigred2point0 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 08:53 PM
  #139
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,516
vCash: 500
Good choice, one of the veteran leaders. Also Leivo, Dodero and Sefton have A's. Corrado might miss some time if the NHL camps start up, but I think depends on when. He's already signed and the 'Nucks D is pretty deep. He'd have to be absolutely stellar to make the team.

Loosie is online now  
Old
09-19-2012, 11:08 PM
  #140
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!
 
Kenny Bania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
He has now been officially traded to Kitchener for a conditional 14th round pick, that becomes an 8th round pick 'if the conditions are met' No word on the conditions though.

http://www.sudburywolves.com/article...e-with-rangers
He didn't last, he ended up with the Gloucester Rangers of the CCHL.

http://www.gloucesterrangersjra.com/TeamGallery.htm

Kenny Bania is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 05:58 AM
  #141
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
He didn't last, he ended up with the Gloucester Rangers of the CCHL.

http://www.gloucesterrangersjra.com/TeamGallery.htm
Well it'll be a 14th then, unless he plays a certain number of games with Kitchener.

Loosie is online now  
Old
09-21-2012, 10:22 PM
  #142
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!
 
Kenny Bania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Well it'll be a 14th then, unless he plays a certain number of games with Kitchener.
Actually, I stand corrected. He played for Kitchener tonight. I guess he was just on Gloucester's protected list.

Kenny Bania is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 10:32 PM
  #143
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Great start to the season. It was personally my first time seeing Kubalik play and I was quite impressed. Shakiest looking player had to be Sefton. Too many careless turnovers in the defensive end tonight.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 10:39 PM
  #144
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Great start to the season. It was personally my first time seeing Kubalik play and I was quite impressed. Shakiest looking player had to be Sefton. Too many careless turnovers in the defensive end tonight.
Yet Sefton was voted (by coaches) as hardest worker in the game????
Makes you think...I saw same game and agree with your comments - how far are we off our assessements?

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 12:05 AM
  #145
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Yet Sefton was voted (by coaches) as hardest worker in the game????
Makes you think...I saw same game and agree with your comments - how far are we off our assessements?
The guy might be a tremendously hard worker and he did some good things tonight despite some defensive lapses (good use of the body at times) but tonight I just really noticed the bad decisions he made resulting in costly turnovers.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 01:47 AM
  #146
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,889
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
The guy might be a tremendously hard worker and he did some good things tonight despite some defensive lapses (good use of the body at times) but tonight I just really noticed the bad decisions he made resulting in costly turnovers.
Seemed like he was forcing it a bit too much out there. However, Oshawa had a tenicious forecheck and Sudbury were having problems all night getting the puck out of their own zone. Specially in the 3rd. Wolves need a good puck mover.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is online now  
Old
09-22-2012, 04:25 AM
  #147
johnnydrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Great start to the season. It was personally my first time seeing Kubalik play and I was quite impressed.
Greetings from England!
Avid fan of the Euros, and was hoping that the Wolves games was going to be one of the many that I was jumping in between last night (had about 4 different audio feeds of games going last night until the early hours..lol) BUT the Radio link on the Wolves page wasnt airing Hockey (?!?) and the Generals didnt appear to have a broadcast either: which was jolly frustrating.

What a start by Kubalik!
I have been trying to read up on the Wolves two imports all week, and wondered how he would fare.
What were his goals like? Does he look to be a real shooter? Is he fast? etc
I am hoping that the Wolves will get some highlights up at some point today.

johnnydrum is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 07:25 AM
  #148
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Greetings from England!
Avid fan of the Euros, and was hoping that the Wolves games was going to be one of the many that I was jumping in between last night (had about 4 different audio feeds of games going last night until the early hours..lol) BUT the Radio link on the Wolves page wasnt airing Hockey (?!?) and the Generals didnt appear to have a broadcast either: which was jolly frustrating.

What a start by Kubalik!
I have been trying to read up on the Wolves two imports all week, and wondered how he would fare.
What were his goals like? Does he look to be a real shooter? Is he fast? etc
I am hoping that the Wolves will get some highlights up at some point today.
No unfortunately the Wolves coverage out of town sucks. The radio only covers the road games.

Loosie is online now  
Old
09-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  #149
Buddy23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Greetings from England!
Avid fan of the Euros, and was hoping that the Wolves games was going to be one of the many that I was jumping in between last night (had about 4 different audio feeds of games going last night until the early hours..lol) BUT the Radio link on the Wolves page wasnt airing Hockey (?!?) and the Generals didnt appear to have a broadcast either: which was jolly frustrating.

What a start by Kubalik!
I have been trying to read up on the Wolves two imports all week, and wondered how he would fare.
What were his goals like? Does he look to be a real shooter? Is he fast? etc
I am hoping that the Wolves will get some highlights up at some point today.
His goals were nice, great chance for a hat trick on a break away but didn't finish. Great skating line with Schutt although they did get hemmed in their own end a few times. Line wasn't as effective after Schutt left the game after a stiff body check.

Buddy23 is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 02:37 PM
  #150
johnnydrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Thank you so much for the recap.
I didnt realy know that much about him, until I saw his HUGE numbers in his domestic league.
Is he a fast skater, or is it his shot that bags him the goals.
A really impressive debut for him indeed.
Wish the website woud get some clips up!

johnnydrum is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.