HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Boston

Old
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
No thanks, rather keep Kane.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Riiight.

We wouldn't trade Kane for a #2 C, a prospect and a career backup goalie.

Boston wouldn't trade a prospect and a #2c for one of the best in the game.

Pretty big difference.
A prospect. Yes, he is, but he's the best defense prospect in the league and top-5 overall. If you're going to degrade Krejci, you can't go any further than #1B either. He's great defensively, led the playoffs in scoring, and is good for 60-70 points a season. You may have undervalued our players a little bit.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:24 PM
bigbadbruins1

so you want to **** boston by giving them the three biggest partiers in the NHL? blackout seguin, marchand, kaner... thats a hangover for an entire city.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:48 PM
StringerBell

As a Canucks fan I have absolutely no horse in this race and it's pretty clear than Boston is getting hosed. Switch out Hammer for Leddy and it gets a bit closer.

Also, there's no basis for a realistic trade here. I'm just speculating on value.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
A prospect. Yes, he is, but he's the best defense prospect in the league and top-5 overall. If you're going to degrade Krejci, you can't go any further than #1B either. He's great defensively, led the playoffs in scoring, and is good for 60-70 points a season. You may have undervalued our players a little bit.

Once he proves he is worth all the hype, he is just a prospect.

Krejci is a #2C, hes the #2C on your team (according to TOI) and he sure as hell would be the #2C in Chicago.

If anything, Kane is being under valued here.

You guys might not make that trade, but your GM would.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:

Krejci is a #2C, hes the #2C on your team (according to TOI) and he sure as hell would be the #2C in Chicago.

Spoken with such certainty. You're no more of an NHL GM then the rest of us.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Bruins aren't trading either.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:

Bergeron has more TOI because he plays on average over a minute more PK time a game than Krejci. Krejci plays about a minute more ES time and their PP time is a wash. Leave it to Chicago fans to tell Boston fans about how their roster shakes out.

Bergeron is by far the more vesatile center. Krejci is the better offensive player. Both make a great 1A/1B punch. Both finish in the top-20 consistently in scoring for centers. Whether either of them would be a #2 on your team is irrelevant, it still opens up a #1 spot on the B's and that's what you'll be paying for.

I like Kane but I don't see a reason why the B's make this deal. Hamilton has the potential to be so much more than Hjalmarsson. It is just potential at this point but I'd take a chance on a prospect that at least has the skill set to be a great first pairing D-man to help ease the loss of Chara in 4-5 years over a #4 defensemen now.

Just not a deal Boston needs to make and makes them weaker in the future.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Boondock

Quote:

I don't think it's really that easy. From a B's perspective this deal doesn't make them better to the degree that it's worth moving a player with the potential of Dougie Hamilton.

Right now the B's have Bergeron and Krejci as their top 2 C's with Seguin playing the wing. For all intents and purposes Kane and Seguin are about a wash at this point in their careers. If this deal was to be made, Seguin would move C and Kane would be the fill his spot on the wing. So essentially this would be a lateral move for the B's. Hjalmarsson is a good defensive Dman, but he isn't anything more then a solid #4 who's not very physical and doesn't bring a lot of offence. The B's have similar players in Seidenberg, McQuaid, Ference - so while adding Hjalmarsson would be good, it isn't a necessity. Hamilton, although yet to play an NHL game carries a ton of value. He is big, mobile, physical, and plays very well in all 3 zones. He has very athletic blood lines and has been likened to Rob Blake in his style of play. If Hamilton reaches his potential, he will be the best player involved in this deal, and this isn't a risk the B's would want to take. Given Chara's age and the B's lack of another top tier D prospect Hamilton carries a very high organizational value.

Add to all the above the fact that the B's have the highest NHL payroll, I can't see them wanting to add an extra 3+ million dollars to their cap which will be dropping by the time the new CBA is signed.

So all in all I can't see the Bruins making this deal despite what some people believe.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:23 PM
SuperJayMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I see it in a different light. I would be reluctant to move Hamilton if I'm Boston. Players with his skill set and potential are almost impossible to find
Sounds like the same stuff you guys were saying about Lashoff.

SuperJayMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:38 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

So the Bruins upgrade from Krejci to Kane which is about 12 points a season which would be about a point every 6 games. Kane also makes more money at 6.3 cap hit per year. So a slight talent increase, but agreed significant, with the extra dollars to go with it. Bruins have proven they can win with Krejci so the switch just doesnt seem worth it when you include the fact that you would have to add the best defensive prospect in the world right now in Hamilton.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujjy View Post
I said it in another thread and I'll say it again. Last year Kane had 66 total points and 54 at even strength. In 2010-2011 he had 73 total points and 49 at even strength while playing 73 games. In 2009-2010 he had 88 total points and 58 at even strength. The difference between Kane last season and the seasons before was the Blackhawks PP, which is one of the worst coached I have ever seen, and the fact that he had Andrew Burnette playing with him, who if I remember correctly missed 4 open nets after being given the puck directly by Kane, and that was only in one game. He might not be elite, but he is one of the most underrated players on HF lately
You could say the same thing about Krejci. He regularly puts up 50 even strength points, but the B's PP is atrocious.

I like Kane and won't get into values but I don't think Boston would do this because they really need Hamilton (to work out).

09-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

I wouldn't say Krejci's a #2c because he finished 9 seconds behind Bergeron in TOI. If Malkin finishes with less ice time than Crosby does that mean he's a #2c? Obviously Krejci's not at that level, just pointing out the argument is suspect.

And fwiw, Krejci played a minute more than Bergeron in the playoffs, and he played a minute more than Bergeron on their Cup run as well. (When he led the playoffs in goals, points and game winning goals.)

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:12 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Don't see Boston moving Hamilton unless Keith or Seabrook is coming back (Hamilton being in a package of course). And even then, maybe not.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Hamilton is not Bobby Orr in waiting he's not going to be Elite,He's going to be very good but People are way overvaluing this kid WAAAAAYYYYYY I have no clue why I've seen him plenty of times and I really haven't been wowed by the guy....I think your under valuing Hjalmarrson and mostly Kane because it's hard to get a sniper like Kane.
A sniper? Kane has scored 30 goals ONCE. Last season he had 23 goals in 82 games.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:51 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
A sniper? Kane has scored 30 goals ONCE. Last season he had 23 goals in 82 games.
Only 1 in his last 13 playoff games too. Sniper is not a word that should be used when describing Kane's game.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:20 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Hamilton has been hyped up to be Chara's replacement. No Bruin's fan is ever going to let go of him unless it would be for a young franchise defenseman straight up. i.e, not going to happen.
And looks like leaf fans too

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Oates2Neely

Hypothetically speaking, IF Chiarelli were to shop a package of Krejci + Hamilton, I'm confident he would get offers slightly better than Patrick Kane.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:13 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Like what?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:40 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Like what?
Yeah, no ****. I wanna hear this.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Hypothetically speaking, IF Chiarelli were to shop a package of Krejci + Hamilton, I'm confident he would get offers slightly better than Patrick Kane.
Now there's a delusion.

Kane is so undervalued by HF. The one year base for judgment is laughable.

If Kane goes on to have a 90 point year, his HF value will be sky high once again.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Oates2Neely

That would depend on who is available.

But Boston isn't trading a 60-70 point center along with a bluechip defensive prospect for a 70 point winger. No knock on Kane as he is a very talented winger, but he is NOT elite. He has scored 30 goals ONCE. His point totals have been: 72,70,88,73,66.. Good but please dont sell us that Kane is "elite". He had a great year in 09 (30 goals/ 88pts), and has been a 70 point player. Again, very good but far from elite. Krejci is Bostons top line center, scores between 60 to 70... So how much of an upgrade is Kane over Krejci? Krejci + Dougie Hamilton?? Not a chance.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJayMann View Post
Sounds like the same stuff you guys were saying about Lashoff.
Well that may be what some people said about Lashoff, but I'm a Vancouver fan (so I have a naturally built-in hatred for the B's) so assuming I'm a B's fan by my position on a certain player isn't going to hold a lot of water in this case.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Now there's a delusion.

Kane is so undervalued by HF. The one year base for judgment is laughable.

If Kane goes on to have a 90 point year, his HF value will be sky high once again.
IF ANY player goes on to have a 90 point year this season, their value will be sky high,, whats your point?? Do you own a crystal ball? Kane's point toals have regressed since 09' : 88 to 73 to 66... This somehow suggests to you that Kane is going to rattle of a 90 point season now??