HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Boston

Old
09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
That would depend on who is available.
In other words, you have no idea.

How about this, who would you want for a Krejci + Hamilton package?

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 09:39 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Krejci averages 62.2 points a season. Kane averages 73.8. Kane is a player whose career AVERAGE is better then Krejci's career best. Plus he's two years younger.

In four years, Krejci has scored more then seventy points ONCE.

In five years, Kane has scored below seventy points ONCE.

They aren't even comparable offensively, and I really, really like Krejci. He's just not in the same breath as Kane.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Boston is tight on salary as is. Don't want to give up our best prospect to get a little better offensively while being more expensive.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Very very few players would get that package.

Think about it...arguably the best defensive prospect in the game and our #1 center. We'd clearly need a young star coming back for us to even consider that.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Like what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, no ****. I wanna hear this.
I'm not sure another team would OFFER that, but I guarantee Chiarelli wouldnt trade that package unless a player like that was coming back. What point is there? Krejci is a 60-70 point center who is very good defensively and has proven to be an effective #1 center in this system, and Dougie is arguably the best defensive prospect in the game.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Very very few players would get that package.

Think about it...arguably the best defensive prospect in the game and our #1 center. We'd clearly need a young star coming back for us to even consider that.
No one is denying that it's a top-end package.

The point is that Patrick Kane is a top-end player.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:52 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:

Indeed he is, just based on the team makeup for boston and the way they run a system, I can easily understand why Boston fan's are hesitant to say that he is a player they would give up that package for.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:

A top-end player that Chiarelli wouldnt want for that package, no chance.

The difference between Krejci and Kane is significant, but definitely less than Hamilton.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:

Bluntly speaking? A Cory Perry-esque type player. I consider Perry elite. As far as wingers go, Perry is top tier. Patrick Kane is a tier below Perry. IF Im trading Krejci AND Hamilton, I want a player who can consistanly be effective. Perry plays an effective style game, physical, and he's a sniper. Perhaps Anaheim declines, but imo that's what I'd expect in return for Krejci + Hamilton.

I'd expect for Boston to get Kane they'd need to offer Krejci +...but that + wont be
Hamilton.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujjy View Post
I said it in another thread and I'll say it again. Last year Kane had 66 total points and 54 at even strength. In 2010-2011 he had 73 total points and 49 at even strength while playing 73 games. In 2009-2010 he had 88 total points and 58 at even strength. The difference between Kane last season and the seasons before was the Blackhawks PP, which is one of the worst coached I have ever seen, and the fact that he had Andrew Burnette playing with him, who if I remember correctly missed 4 open nets after being given the puck directly by Kane, and that was only in one game. He might not be elite, but he is one of the most underrated players on HF lately
You're not going to win Bruins fans over by saying he'd be a much better player on a good power play. I'm pretty sure when the Bruins won the Cup, the series against Montreal was the first time a team ever won a 7 game series without scoring a PP goal. That's how bad our PP is.

Value's close but I think both teams decline. Chicago will want proven talent better than Krejci if moving Kane and Boston needs some amazing deal to move Hamilton. Chara's probably going to retire at the end of this contract and will obviously slow down as it goes on, we need someone young that can take the reigns and Boston believes Hamilton is that guy.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:08 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

No thanks.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Ujjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
You could say the same thing about Krejci. He regularly puts up 50 even strength points, but the B's PP is atrocious.

I like Kane and won't get into values but I don't think Boston would do this because they really need Hamilton (to work out).
You can... but I wasn't really comparing him to Krejci, but rather just addressing the fact that most people seem to think he regressed.

Last edited by Ujjy: 09-20-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Ujjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
You're not going to win Bruins fans over by saying he'd be a much better player on a good power play. I'm pretty sure when the Bruins won the Cup, the series against Montreal was the first time a team ever won a 7 game series without scoring a PP goal. That's how bad our PP is.

Value's close but I think both teams decline. Chicago will want proven talent better than Krejci if moving Kane and Boston needs some amazing deal to move Hamilton. Chara's probably going to retire at the end of this contract and will obviously slow down as it goes on, we need someone young that can take the reigns and Boston believes Hamilton is that guy.
I don't even want to convince Bruins fans as I think this deal is bad for both teams. All I was saying was that Kane is still the same Kane that we saw seasons ago.

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:34 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Over the last 5 seasons, Corey Perry has averaged 72 points per game. Or 1.8 less points per season than Patrick Kane. Yes, Perry is an elite winger. So is Patrick Kane.

Old
09-20-2012, 02:37 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Krejci has barely broken sixty twice, and scored 73 once. Kane's career low is 66, with two seasons where is on pace for 80+.

Calling Krejci a 60-70 point player is only acceptable if you're willing to call Kane a 70-80+ point player.

Old
09-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Over the last 5 seasons, Corey Perry has averaged 72 points per game. Or 1.8 less points per season than Patrick Kane. Yes, Perry is an elite winger. So is Patrick Kane.
Perry brings other intangibles that Kane does not (physicality, leadership, etc). Indeed Kane brings the points, but that's the only thing that one trick pony brings. That's not including Kane's troubles off the ice either (beating up cabbies and putting himself in bad situations because of his partying lifestyle). Don't want him on the Bruins as his numbers would likely decrease due to our overall team concept with less ice time. Especially for a package of Krejci and Hamilton.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Krejci is a 60 pt c, kane is a ~ 75 pt. wing now. I mean the guy has the potential to score 90+. There's no doubt that Kane is the better player. But the thing is, Boston looks bare when it comes to D-men behind Chara. We need Dougie to develop into something special. And that's not even about winning now vs. the future; Boston only has good shots at the cup in the near future if Hamilton develops into a solid offensive D in the next 2 or 3 years.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:57 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Perry brings other intangibles that Kane does not (physicality, leadership, etc). Indeed Kane brings the points, but that's the only thing that one trick pony brings. That's not including Kane's troubles off the ice either (beating up cabbies and putting himself in bad situations because of his partying lifestyle). Don't want him on the Bruins as his numbers would likely decrease due to our overall team concept with less ice time. Especially for a package of Krejci and Hamilton.
Sure, and I can understand the hesitation to move your best prospect and number one center. That doesn't make the value way off and insisting you can do better is asinine.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Sure, and I can understand the hesitation to move your best prospect and number one center. That doesn't make the value way off and insisting you can do better is asinine.
I'm actually for not trading those 2 in general. Nothing i mentioned had anything to do with acquiring something else. Personally I want to keep Hamilton in Boston. Krejci is someone I'd also like to keep, but would be more inclined to move him (for the right player) before Hamilton.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Krejci has barely broken sixty twice, and scored 73 once. Kane's career low is 66, with two seasons where is on pace for 80+.

Calling Krejci a 60-70 point player is only acceptable if you're willing to call Kane a 70-80+ point player.
Man you really love points don't you? Funny how you haven't mentioned Krejci being a great defensive player, and much better than Kane defensively.

And if you're gonna put Kane is "on pace" for more than 80, than Krejci was on pace for 68 one season, and 64 for another one. "Barely" over 60 does not come into play if you're gonna say "on pace."

Kane is a more valuable player, clearly...but the difference is absolutely not worth giving up Hamilton. We gave up a player like Kane when we gave up Kessel, and no Bruins fan would ever do that for Kane.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Crymson

Quote:
Over the last 5 seasons, Corey Perry has averaged 72 points per game.
Sheesh. Are you sure he's not playing basketball?

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Oates2Neely

Kane has averaged 25.2 goals per season thus far in his career

Perry has averaged 32.0 goals per season thus far in his career

-----

Kane scores a goal every 3.16 games

Perry scores a goal every 2.45 games

-----

Perry's goal and point totals are better, but his physical game is where he really seperates himself from Kane. Perry impacts the game even when not scoring. Perry is the type of player IMO the Bruins could use on their top line (RW). I feel Brad Marchand fills the role Kane would play in Boston (a mid-20's goal scorer).

Even then. Im not keen on trading Hamilton & Krejci. Both are (will be) key cogs to success in Boston.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:25 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
What people aren't considering here is the posibility that Hamilton becomes just a decent 2nd pairing D-man. I mean, I like the guy a lot, but the Hawks definitely take a big risk in this deal.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What people aren't considering here is the posibility that Hamilton becomes just a decent 2nd pairing D-man. I mean, I like the guy a lot, but the Hawks definitely take a big risk in this deal.
What people aren't considering here is the possibility that Kane remains a 70 point player. I mean, I like the guy a lot, but the Bruins definitely take a big risk in this deal...especially since Krejci is close to that person already.

Both teams take risk.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
What people aren't considering here is the possibility that Kane remains a 70 point player. I mean, I like the guy a lot, but the Bruins definitely take a big risk in this deal...especially since Krejci is close to that person already.

Both teams take risk.
Would it even matter if he did? Take a look at his career playoff stats, over PPG.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote