East
1. Kitchener
2. Waterloo
3. Huron Perth
4. London green
5. Cambridge
6. Brantford
7. Hamilton

West should be real close between elgin and sun county this year. Chatams a questionable, as long as goalie (Johnston) has a strong season they should be ok despite losing Trent fox. I'm going to try to watch alot of the games next week at the tourny in brantford. I will update after that.

scout97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
bidzey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout97 View Post
I'm gonna being watch alot of the alliance games and I'm just wondering who the top players to watch for are.
this was posted recently

edit...
sorry I just noticed I read the topic wrong

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

London Gold lacks star players but has a ton of VERY good hockey players...they will be a tough team to beat...

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:06 AM
GoalieGuy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
London Gold lacks star players but has a ton of VERY good hockey players...they will be a tough team to beat...
Definitely agree here. Their forward lines have great chemistry and all have very good offensive talent. Turnbull is big in between the pipes, I wouldn't say he's one of the "best" but he'll make the saves he needs to make.

GoalieGuy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 03:30 PM
scout97

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieGuy35 View Post
Definitely agree here. Their forward lines have great chemistry and all have very good offensive talent. Turnbull is big in between the pipes, I wouldn't say he's one of the "best" but he'll make the saves he needs to make.
Is there anyone from London who might go top 2-3 rounds. I've heard good things on colton white and Ethan syzpula. Any thoughts would be great

Old
09-28-2012, 03:00 PM
scout97

Face-off tournemnt tonight in brantford. I will update daily this weekend on the games

Old
09-29-2012, 02:05 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Face-off tournemnt tonight in brantford. I will update daily this weekend on the games
I'm in attendance as well. Caught a few games last night and I've been here since 1130

Will update later

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:10 PM
ScoutReel65

What did you guys think about the imports in London? Sloot, Brulotte, Fox? And how about elgin with the new swedish player

ScoutReel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 09:59 PM
scout97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutReel65 View Post
What did you guys think about the imports in London? Sloot, Brulotte, Fox? And how about elgin with the new swedish player
Watched two London games against Hamilton and Waterloo. The first game sloot scored 2 goals and played a high intensity game. He played defence last year and has switched two forward this year so he has great defensive instincts for A forward overall I really like how he plays. The other two fox and brullotte play similar too each other. Their tall, skilled, smooth skating forwards who crash and bang but can put the puck in the net as well. I wasent sure which player was the swede. I'm assuming its rather stolpe or winter. Stolpes really strong on the puck against the boards and has good offensive insticts. And I didn't really notice winter so no report on him. Both elgin and London gold are loaded up with prospects. Definitely two teams to watch.

Old
10-01-2012, 06:54 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutReel65 View Post
Sloot's a solid player. Knows the ice well and has a good solid shot. He's a low maintenance type of player and coaches love that

Brulotte was good but he definitely wasn't noticeable ALL the time. Good physicality and mixes it up well in the corners

Fox had one of the strongest tournaments of any player IMO. I was able to watch h play quite a bit last season and he's grown quite a bit. He lacks that separation speed but his hands and puck control are something special making up for his slight deficiency in speed (mainly acceleration; not top speed). He was absolutely dominant vs Kitchener scoring all three London goals including the game tying goal with 24s remaining. He will be a first round pick if he keeps it up

Szypula was extremely good as well. There are a lot of players to like off of London Gold (Vande Stompel).

Swedish import must be Stolpe. He was good actually. Ridiculous shot and a player that can be trusted in all situations.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
scout97

A few kids i watched and liked this weekend.

Colton white - great two way defender. Has great hockey sense and never seems to get caught out of position. He's a guy that you can trust in all situations cause of his quick feet and great first passes. Hes got all the tools both physically and skillfully to be a 1st or 2nd round pick

Carson brookshaw - really like how he plays. He's abit smaller but is always working In the corners and back checks hard. He's got good offensive instincts and can set up some pretty plays. Solid all around player and Defiantly a player too watch over the season.

Dede Cato - a very good offensive defensemen. average size, has great hands and is a pretty good skater. He can skate the puck up ice with ease and can make good passes when doing so. He's defiantly a player to watch.

Branden Johnston - probly the best goalie in the tournment. He faced a tone of shots this weekend and looked sharp yet calm doing so. He's got good size and positioning in the net and has good control of rebounds giving up no second chances to players infront of the net. One of the top goalies to watch from the allience.

Noah Bushnell - big physical presence on the ice. Very tough and hard to play against. He's got a great shot and hands and can score goals from far out. He's a good skater for his size and is strong on his skates. He could be a top 3 round draft pick this year.

There's way more players that impressed me this weekend
These were just a few of the many

Old
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
A few kids i watched and liked this weekend.

Colton white - great two way defender. Has great hockey sense and never seems to get caught out of position. He's a guy that you can trust in all situations cause of his quick feet and great first passes. Hes got all the tools both physically and skillfully to be a 1st or 2nd round pick

Carson brookshaw - really like how he plays. He's abit smaller but is always working In the corners and back checks hard. He's got good offensive instincts and can set up some pretty plays. Solid all around player and Defiantly a player too watch over the season.

Dede Cato - a very good offensive defensemen. average size, has great hands and is a pretty good skater. He can skate the puck up ice with ease and can make good passes when doing so. He's defiantly a player to watch.

Branden Johnston - probly the best goalie in the tournment. He faced a tone of shots this weekend and looked sharp yet calm doing so. He's got good size and positioning in the net and has good control of rebounds giving up no second chances to players infront of the net. One of the top goalies to watch from the allience.

Noah Bushnell - big physical presence on the ice. Very tough and hard to play against. He's got a great shot and hands and can score goals from far out. He's a good skater for his size and is strong on his skates. He could be a top 3 round draft pick this year.

There's way more players that impressed me this weekend
These were just a few of the many
Agreed with all of these players. All talented. I've really taking a liking to Cato from CK. Johnson is the best G at that tournament especially when you factor in his potential.

Bushnell - so much to like, gritty and hard working player with a great shot.

Some others I will list off the top of my head from each team that I liked:

Kitchener
- A Black and M Black (G)
- Nay, Gaboury, Lajeunesse, Prevel, Cascagnette (big skilled F), Gibson and Bastian

Brantford
- Woods, Elms, Ferris, Alexander (G)

Cambridge (Didn't spend much time watching them)
- Grant, Jankowski

Chatham-Kent
- Cato, Johnston (G), Carriere (G), Marlatt, C Murphy (small but tenascious), McEwan, Reed

Elgin-Middlesex (lots to like)
- Konecny, Mayo, Fazio (G), Crouse (outstanding showing), Coyle, Brookshaw, Worrad, Stolpe, Kim (best skater at the showcase)

Hamilton Huskies
- Chariot, King

Huron-Perth
- Huether, T. Nichols, Warren, Dundas (D - hammers the puck), Huber, Hansford (D - steady, smooth skater), Smith

Lambton
- Moore (G), Hewton, Trottier

London Green
-Ameti, Cocurullo, Ferreira, Lochead, Lovie

London Gold (the entire team was strong)
- Fox, Szypula, Turnbull (G), Sloot, White, Vande Somple, Warren

Sun County (great squad)
- Primeau, Lauzon (G), Hall, Bushnell, Goulet, Carter, Markham (one of my favourite players last weekend), gagnon, Verbeek (great skater and slick)

Waterloo (didn't watch a lot of them)
- Collins, Hancock

Windsor
- Friesen, Barnes, Robertson

Just a few players who were those teams' better players

Old
10-02-2012, 06:00 PM
ScoutReel65

What are some of the upcoming games we all should be watching? I know ill be watching kitchener vs london gold this friday . I was very impressed at the showcase with the two teams

ScoutReel65 is offline   Reply With Quote