HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelins development ..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-29-2012, 09:28 AM
  #51
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
What I remember from Emelin is that he was horrible at passing. In certain games, I concentrated on watching him, and I saw that he missed a lot of passes.

He got slightly better at the end of the year though.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:36 AM
  #52
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,814
vCash: 500
He seemed a bit lost and shy at the very start of the year, then he progressed pretty well to become a key element of Habs defense as the year went on. Then he seemed to worn out as the year was coming to an end; he was barely playing like a #6 d-man at the end, but that could be because a NHL season is more exhausting for a physical d-man than in the KHL.

I think he will become a real valuable d-man in the next years, between a #3 and #5. And if he could find and let go his sometime surprising/promising offensive game, he could even become an interesting #2 for a few seasons while waiting for more talented youngsters.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
  #53
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
What I remember from Emelin is that he was horrible at passing. In certain games, I concentrated on watching him, and I saw that he missed a lot of passes.

He got slightly better at the end of the year though.
I found his passing was good even whewn he struggled defensively early on and wasn't putting up points. His break out passes are always on the tape and help the transition game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:24 AM
  #54
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Emelin suffered through some adjustments last year. Still, I see him as an excellent 2nd pairing two way guy who brings an elite physical game when he steps on the ice.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
  #55
EurOConnEcton
Registered User
 
EurOConnEcton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Whats the news with Emelin, has he signed back home yet?

EurOConnEcton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:26 PM
  #56
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EurOConnEcton View Post
Whats the news with Emelin, has he signed back home yet?
Nothing yet.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:00 PM
  #57
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I found his passing was good even whewn he struggled defensively early on and wasn't putting up points. His break out passes are always on the tape and help the transition game.
His decision making with his passes could use a lot of work, but the passes themselves were technically very good,

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:17 PM
  #58
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,267
vCash: 883
I hope he doesn't mind playing in the AHL. Might help a lot with his offensive development to North America.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
  #59
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I hope he doesn't mind playing in the AHL. Might help a lot with his offensive development to North America.
He can play AHL without going through waivers ?

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
  #60
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
He can play AHL without going through waivers ?
no, he has to clear waivers but I don't see him going the AHL route.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:37 PM
  #61
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
no ahl for him hes going back to russia

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 05:07 PM
  #62
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,813
vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/348247.html

Emelin in Russia..

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM
  #63
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Not bad, I'm glad he keeps in game shape... I just hope he doesn't get stuck into another situation where he's not coming back over here because of his contract in the KHL.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 05:14 PM
  #64
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,707
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Not bad, I'm glad he keeps in game shape... I just hope he doesn't get stuck into another situation where he's not coming back over here because of his contract in the KHL.
Yup, same for me. Hope he comes back here and I pray he doesn't get seriously injured again in Russia. Same for any of our players that go to play in Europe.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 05:58 PM
  #65
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Finally makes it over, team finishes last and then the league locks the players out..

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:39 PM
  #66
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
I don't think he can stay inRussian cause as soon as the season starts his NHL contract kicks in.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:48 PM
  #67
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Well, it was nice knowing you Emelin.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 09:36 PM
  #68
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I hope he doesn't mind playing in the AHL. Might help a lot with his offensive development to North America.
He would very much mind playing in the AHL. If he were sent down we would bolt toRussia and we'd never see him again except possibly in international hockey.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:00 PM
  #69
HabsPassion
Registered User
 
HabsPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
If this lock-out leads to the loss of Emelin on our back-end I will be furious! In a way, hopefully the owners wake up. I would love to see the look on there faces if Yakupov, Emelin, and others decide to just stay in russia due to the games our lovely NHL plays with its players. Would definitely show them a lesson, and take Bettman and others off of there powertrips.

HabsPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:14 AM
  #70
hockeywoot
Registered User
 
hockeywoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: China
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
The kid can hit.

hockeywoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:41 AM
  #71
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
If this lock-out leads to the loss of Emelin on our back-end I will be furious! In a way, hopefully the owners wake up. I would love to see the look on there faces if Yakupov, Emelin, and others decide to just stay in russia due to the games our lovely NHL plays with its players. Would definitely show them a lesson, and take Bettman and others off of there powertrips.
I don't think the NHL will care if Yakupov or Emelin decide to stay in Russia but if guys like Malkin, Ovechkin and Datsyuk give the NHL an ultimatum and say they're not coming back unless the NHL comes to an agreement by Oct. 15th, for example, then I think the NHL owners will start scrambling and put pressure on Bettman to get something done. The NHL is nothing without its stars.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:04 AM
  #72
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I don't think the NHL will care if Yakupov or Emelin decide to stay in Russia but if guys like Malkin, Ovechkin and Datsyuk give the NHL an ultimatum and say they're not coming back unless the NHL comes to an agreement by Oct. 15th, for example, then I think the NHL owners will start scrambling and put pressure on Bettman to get something done. The NHL is nothing without its stars.
The NHL won't care if the number one draft pick decides he's going to stay in Russia?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:33 AM
  #73
teh doors
worst habs poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
I want to see Emelin firing low howitzers from the point off of Markov passes on the PP this year. If he keeps hitting the way he did mid-season like a malfunctioning bulldozer truck jacked up on cheap speed Therrien should love him.

teh doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 01:11 PM
  #74
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The NHL won't care if the number one draft pick decides he's going to stay in Russia?
Maybe not if the number one draft pick plays for a Canadian team. Canada pays for the NHL, but gets no respect. Go AK Bars Kazan go!

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.