Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Huberdeau

Old
09-20-2012, 06:48 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
Huberdeau

No No No Panthers fans who clicked on this. Dont go ape **** on me. You guys wont have to respond with hes our future franchise player etc.

No I'd like to know the value of The QMJHL's best player if this lockout is a year round lockout.

Saint John with huberdeau IMO isnt good enough to make a 3rd straight run, meaning they would likely like to start their rebuild by dealing him for futures, which is wear the value part comes in.

What would teams like Halifax, Quebec etc Memorial Cup contenders give for the best player in junior hockey, if the season is canceled.

Also, if the season doesnt start until January 1 as im expecting, would Florida even bother with wasting 1 year of his ELC? Maybe he stays in juniors for the year anyway if the season starts that late.

Note: PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS THE LOCKOUT HERE

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:52 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
No No No Panthers fans who clicked on this. Dont go ape **** on me. You guys wont have to respond with hes our future franchise player etc.

No I'd like to know the value of The QMJHL's best player if this lockout is a year round lockout.

Saint John with huberdeau IMO isnt good enough to make a 3rd straight run, meaning they would likely like to start their rebuild by dealing him for futures, which is wear the value part comes in.

What would teams like Halifax, Quebec etc Memorial Cup contenders give for the best player in junior hockey, if the season is canceled.

Also, if the season doesnt start until January 1 as im expecting, would Florida even bother with wasting 1 year of his ELC? Maybe he stays in juniors for the year anyway if the season starts that late.

Note: PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS THE LOCKOUT HERE
Interesting subject.

I'm not too well versed in the CHL in general, however if Huberdeau was going to spend the entire season in Junior AND he was available in a trade AND he can be traded to the WHL, I think the Oil Kings would like to add him to their team.

Ok, that was a lot of ands.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Interesting subject.

I'm not too well versed in the CHL in general, however if Huberdeau was going to spend the entire season in Junior AND he was available in a trade AND he can be traded to the WHL, I think the Oil Kings would like to add him to their team.

He can't be traded between leagues.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:58 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
He can't be traded between leagues.
I learned something today.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 07:12 PM
DohBruins

Saint John is losing so many players

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
Yup. Phillips and Coyle to name a couple.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:02 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
This.

Saint John has lost a boatload of their players. The team has been completely gutted with the exception of Huberdeau. Everyone in SJ has acknowledged that this is a rebuilding year, the trade chatter is already rolling non-stop. If he's not playing in the NHL this year (whether its due to the lockout or being deemed not ready by FLA), he'll be moved at the deadline to one of the contenders. This is all but certain. The OP's speculation will likely become reality.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:30 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Interesting subject.

Take what Gormley cost to the Cataractes last season.

And add some more.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:08 PM
JeffForsberg21

For Quebec probably a kind of trade involving 1st round pick, Brandon Shea and one of Adam Erne or Anthony Duclair going to Saint John next year

JeffForsberg21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
PATCHESx67

they also lost Nathan Beaulieu but i can see Huberdeau getting traded to Halifax or Quebec this year

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:23 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Id like to see him play in the AHL but I guess thats not an option

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Who was the last player btw to get a Brayden Schenn type return in the Q? And I mention Brayden Schenn because he was the top prospect in the world outside the NHL in his last season in junior when he was traded from Brandon to Saskatoon. Brought in a huge return even though it was mid-season. I dunno if Huberdeau is the top prospect in the world outside the NHL but certainly top 5 and not too far off from Schenn's 2010 yr.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Beezeral

I like this thread

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:21 PM
RJQuack

I don't want him here in Halifax. i mean I want him here, but not at the price. The team would be destroyed for the next several years. It would have to include Fucale or Drouin at the draft which I would never do.

Maybe Ciampini, Ryan or Lovell and a whackload of picks... Quebec and BLB could make a good pitch too.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:37 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I don't want him here in Halifax. i mean I want him here, but not at the price. The team would be destroyed for the next several years. It would have to include Fucale or Drouin at the draft which I would never do.

Maybe Ciampini, Ryan or Lovell and a whackload of picks... Quebec and BLB could make a good pitch too.
this wouldn't cut it.

I highly doubt he goes to Qc or Halifax as they don't have the picks to pay him and don't want to get rid of Duclair, erne, Fucale or Drouin.

I see Blainville as the front runners with SJ 1st, another 1st plus a kid next year (Julien Bahl)

Val d'or have ****loads of picks and youngster they could give for Huberdeau too and misses a center to contend.

to me there is your 2 best options/frontrunners

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:56 AM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
this wouldn't cut it.

I highly doubt he goes to Qc or Halifax as they don't have the picks to pay him and don't want to get rid of Duclair, erne, Fucale or Drouin.

I see Blainville as the front runners with SJ 1st, another 1st plus a kid next year (Julien Bahl)

Val d'or have ****loads of picks and youngster they could give for Huberdeau too and misses a center to contend.

to me there is your 2 best options/frontrunners
Erne & Duclair have no trade clauses to their contract. But this does not mean Qc won't be in the mix for Huberdeau. Qc was very mad when Coyle came over from the US last season and had serious talks with his agent.

Qc has Sorensen to trade, he'll be in the league for another 2-3 yrs. Nice piece of the puzzle to start a re-building.....

I seriously believe Qc is going for the big prize, hence, someone like Huberdeau would help them lots. If they can't find that #3 D to solidify the back end, might as well add a premier scorrer! If the opposition scores 4, they'll be able to score 6 with Huberdeau.

Imagine the top 2 lines in Qc:

Huberdeau-Grigs-Kucherov
Erne-Shaw-Duclair

Plus they have a boat load of supporting role players (18-19 yr olds) they can package with Sorensen, to make the deal even sweeter for St-John

hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
SJ 1st being SJ's 1st in 2013?

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:23 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
SJ 1st being SJ's 1st in 2013?
yes it is

Old
09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
Erne & Duclair have no trade clauses to their contract. But this does not mean Qc won't be in the mix for Huberdeau. Qc was very mad when Coyle came over from the US last season and had serious talks with his agent.

Qc has Sorensen to trade, he'll be in the league for another 2-3 yrs. Nice piece of the puzzle to start a re-building.....

I seriously believe Qc is going for the big prize, hence, someone like Huberdeau would help them lots. If they can't find that #3 D to solidify the back end, might as well add a premier scorrer! If the opposition scores 4, they'll be able to score 6 with Huberdeau.

Imagine the top 2 lines in Qc:

Huberdeau-Grigs-Kucherov
Erne-Shaw-Duclair

Plus they have a boat load of supporting role players (18-19 yr olds) they can package with Sorensen, to make the deal even sweeter for St-John
It's not with a bunch of supporting role players and an euro of 18 years old that won't be there anymore when they'll be comoprrive agauin that you'll fetch a Huberdeau, get real.

Québec doesn't have a first in the next two draft. Sorensen is worth about a mid round first pick as he is very injury prone and hasn't prove nothing yet. Plus teams know Quebec have no choice but to trade him.

Val d'or have 3 first round picks 2013 + kids like Mantha, Dunn, Richard or Murphy that could be given as compensation.

Blainville have SJ 1st which should be top 5 + Bahl or Clapperton to give in compensation.

Bathurst have 2 firsts plus Lalancette or Banville that could be given as compensation (although they should focus on defense)

Halifax and quebec would have to give their top 4 to get Huberdeau. I doubt they will.

Moncton might be able to fetch him if they go all in but will have a hard time after that.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
yes it is
What did SJ get for it...seems odd they would trade their 1st rounder during a rebuilding year? Or is this the Euro draft 1st?

A google search did not lead to anything even though several other Sea Dogs trades came up.

EDIT: Finally found the answer...the Roussel trade.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 09-21-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 11:58 AM

I think BLB is the frontrunner and I will be dissapointed if we do not land him.

#1 We have great depth, even if we lose a couple of big pieces here and there I am confident we will still be competitive in the coming years.

#2 Bouchard has shown he is a very pro-active GM and he isn't scared to make the big moves even if there's a risk.

#3 We have the most interesting pieces for Saint John;

- Saint John's 1st 2013

- Solid prospects: Julien Bahl, Élie Bérubé, Louis Cote, Matthew Cusson, Guillaume Beaudoin, Jeremy Brunet

- A bunch of returning players that could be sent to Saint John at the draft (like what Shawinigan did to acquire Gormley), pick your poison:
Clapperton, Hodhod, Jevpalovs, Matteau, Paquette, Marcoux, Picard, Hinds, Sanche, Roy, Hoyles, Martel, Phaneuf, Strong, Plouffe, Aquin, Lavoie

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 11:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

He's from St.Jerome...

Blainville would go very hard after him...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:13 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
He's from St.Jerome...

Blainville would go very hard after him...

Most contending teams star player (s) come from that city.
Halifax - MacKinnon
Moncton - The twins
Blainville - Ouellet

Makes sense for them to pick up Huberdeau...

But then I'd be scared of Blainville ... Bring it!

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Papa044

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Papa044
isn't it risky for a team to trade for hubs considering he might not play the whole season if NHL season resumes at some point ?

Papa044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 06:35 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa044 View Post
isn't it risky for a team to trade for hubs considering he might not play the whole season if NHL season resumes at some point ?
Well, he can't be dealt until Christmas so no risk until then. And I'd expect that if the lockout drags on until then or after, Florida will likely leave Huberdeau in junior. My opinion anyway.

I believe the teams that will be at the forefront for Huberdeau are Halifax and BLB. Next to no chance he goes to Moncton, the rivalry is too hot especially after Gormley going to Shawinigan - it was no secret he was in Saint John's plans and Gerard Gallant stated that he felt the offer on the table was slightly better than Shawinigan's but the rivalry between the two clubs begins right at the top with ownership.

I'd say Halifax will be landing at least some of Saint John's assets for a run - other than Huberdeau, I'm sure there will be interest in Kevin Gagne, Pierre Durepos, Stephen MacAulay and Ryan Tesink. And I expect SJ will deal some or all of them.

If Huberdeau stays in the Q for the season, the return on him will be a huge fast-forward for SJ's rebuilding scheme. Here's hoping!

In the meantime, I'll enjoy getting to watch Huberdeau a little more than anticipated - if not for the lockout I'm sure he wouldn't be in town. The team sure is different to watch, having lost 5 of their top 6 forwards (Jurco, Galiev, Phillips, Coyle, Gauthier) along with Beaulieu and Roussel on D and Corbeil in net. Offense will be hard to come by, and to date after two games the Seadogs have 4 goals, Huberdeau in on 3 of them.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote