HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Gamer Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 03:42 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I like your life philosophies Reverend...
You sure you don't want to become a true Reverend?

You should start to pull your grades up though.
I had a buddy who was like that, and when he found out he liked school and wanted to be a professor, he started to work really hard and got good marks the rest of the way.
However, it just wasn't good enough, and even though he had quite a bit of references, he still couldn't get into any graduate programs.
As much as I would like become as respected as a true Reverend, it's just not for me. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am actually 100% Atheist. I just don't believe in any sort of entity higher than humans.

I believe however, I do need to pull my grades up. If I fail our succeed, I might as well do it my way giving it 100% percent along the way. Better to say, I failed and gave it all I could and said I folded with a deck stacked against me. I do believe that you should do whatever you want to do, and as much as I'd like to give up and say college wasn't for me, it's just not in my blood to go down as easy as that.

I don't see myself as an idealist. I'm not right on a lot of fronts, but I do want to expand my knowledge. What better way to do that than I couple more years of school covered completely by my loving parents who gave me the privilege of having not to pay for my post-secondary education? That's my motivation right now. I got to do what's right.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:59 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Haha. It's funny. My class schedule is 12:30-6:20 on Mondays, and Wednesdays. I have Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays off so that's why it's the weekend for me. My HS counselors lied to me and said college was easier than university. Reality, it's about the same. Hopefully you have a better fate than I do. I'm just 19 so I might be years behind you, but I'm the kind of drinker that one drink or 50 drinks, it has the same effect on me.

Other stuff is actually easier on me because when I was a child I had epilepsy and I actually had to take Tegretol for 6 years of my life. Man those pills tasted like ass. But I found it that my buddy that we'd do that every weekend or so had brain hemmorhages a child which means that stuff was bad for him, so he had to stop. So we're kind of at an awkward stage where I need to go on, and he needs to stop. But I can do it fairly regularly. I don't condone that path for many, I'm not a medical doctor it didn't even work out for me in the long run but it's a good effect I'll give it that.

I'm not big into business owning. (Boy if there is one thing it is doing books. So mind-numbing) but like I said I'll take what I can get. I'm a decent marketer and a good numbers guy but if there is anything that doesn't come naturally to me I won't do it. It's weird like that for me.

Anyways, how do you enjoy the music scene? I recently was introduced to the Tragically Hip and was an instant fan. Their music is the creme de la creme.
Woah that's insane. 2 days of class would be the life.

I agree, as long as you want to do something that will make you happy it's worth it in the end.

Not much people like the music I like on this site, artist I've been listening to quite frequently are Childish Gambino, The Weeknd, Bryan Ellis, Asap Rocky, Brenmar, Macklemore, Logic, Theophilidus London, Major Lazer, Metronomy, Gigamesh, Kill the Noise, Diplo, Knife Party, Shadow of Stars, some indie rock bands and some other artists I can't remember.

Old
09-20-2012, 05:17 AM
nameless1
#sunshinesandsmiles

Quote:
As much as I would like become as respected as a true Reverend, it's just not for me. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am actually 100% Atheist. I just don't believe in any sort of entity higher than humans.

I believe however, I do need to pull my grades up. If I fail our succeed, I might as well do it my way giving it 100% percent along the way. Better to say, I failed and gave it all I could and said I folded with a deck stacked against me. I do believe that you should do whatever you want to do, and as much as I'd like to give up and say college wasn't for me, it's just not in my blood to go down as easy as that.

I don't see myself as an idealist. I'm not right on a lot of fronts, but I do want to expand my knowledge. What better way to do that than I couple more years of school covered completely by my loving parents who gave me the privilege of having not to pay for my post-secondary education? That's my motivation right now. I got to do what's right.
Good luck Reverend.
You have a good outlook on life, and a good attitude will get you far in life.

To make you feel better, my buddy did make lemonade out of the situation.
He quickly got over the rejection and extended his hobby.
Now, he is working at a radio station and he is finally on the radio (although I think his segment is on the school station).

Point is...
Do work hard, but don't stress about grades too much.
If you work hard and it didn't work out, there are tons of other options in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Woah that's insane. 2 days of class would be the life.

I agree, as long as you want to do something that will make you happy it's worth it in the end.

Not much people like the music I like on this site, artist I've been listening to quite frequently are Childish Gambino, The Weeknd, Bryan Ellis, Asap Rocky, Brenmar, Macklemore, Logic, Theophilidus London, Major Lazer, Metronomy, Gigamesh, Kill the Noise, Diplo, Knife Party, Shadow of Stars, some indie rock bands and some other artists I can't remember.
I haven't heard of any of the stuff you listed there.
What kind of music are they?

Last edited by nameless1: 09-20-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old
09-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
Quote:
Yes. SFU is has the highest transfer rate from Douglas I'd say because they are affiliated so closely.

However, I will not get that satisfaction as I have an unusually low GPA and I'm in the Business/Commerce faculty. **** me right?
Beedie admission standards are insane.

Quote:
To be honest with you, FF8 is such a letdown from FF7 that I didn't like it at all.
It probably also doesn't help that I leveled up to level 100 in the first couple of stages of the game and couldn't do anymore with the characters except dying over and over again.

Recently got both FF13 and FF13-2...
Man...
Were those letdowns.
The graphics is nice and all, but I just couldn't get into the game.

What other games do you have on your backlog?
Yeah, FF13 was graphically stunning, but the story and gameplay was very "meh". I personally liked VIII more than VII though.

I have numerous FF games in my backlog, and about 2 Kingdom Hearts games, I have to finish the Assassin's Creed II series and I haven't touch NHL 12, though that's a bit outdated now.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:19 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Most excited for black ops 2. Someone had posted their speakers in the last thread. They were these little egg shaped things. Can they please post them again?

Old
09-20-2012, 01:03 PM
nameless1
#sunshinesandsmiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Yeah, FF13 was graphically stunning, but the story and gameplay was very "meh". I personally liked VIII more than VII though.

I have numerous FF games in my backlog, and about 2 Kingdom Hearts games, I have to finish the Assassin's Creed II series and I haven't touch NHL 12, though that's a bit outdated now.
That's not too bad.
I have about 10 games in my backlog.
Recently they had huge sales at The Source and Superstore.
Still haven't gotten to those games yet.

You still have a bit of time before the work gets really heavy.
Use the time wisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Most excited for black ops 2. Someone had posted their speakers in the last thread. They were these little egg shaped things. Can they please post them again?
It was AndyPipkin.
I am wondering where he got those.
I would love to give those a try.

Last edited by nameless1: 09-20-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
nameless1
#sunshinesandsmiles

What games are you guys currently playing right now?

I am working on Max Payne 3 and Portal 2.
Then I got to play Bioshock 1 and 2.
Luckily the latter 2 are just short games.

Old
09-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Sorry to butt into the gamer talk with this, but the fangirl inside of me is way too excited for this movie to come out.

Old
09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
nameless1
#sunshinesandsmiles

Quote:
Sorry to butt into the gamer talk with this, but the fangirl inside of me is way too excited for this movie to come out.

I usually don't watch musicals, but this one shouldn't be too bad.
They picked actors who can sing.
That's a good start.

Old
09-20-2012, 05:27 PM
nameless1
#sunshinesandsmiles

What do you guys think of DLCs?
They are ripoffs and they make me angry, because many games will release a game of the year or complete edition with all the DLCs.

That's why I have multiple copies of a couple of game, because it became cheaper to buy the complete edition than to get the DLCs individually.

Btw, anybody play Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City?
I am surprised to not hear more love for them.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
I usually don't watch musicals, but this one shouldn't be too bad.
They picked actors who can sing.
That's a good start.
Completely surprised and loving Eddie Redmayne's voice.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
Not a huge football fan, but my NFL team has gotta be the Carolina Panthers. Don't wory, they we're my team BEFORE Cam Newton, It's not like I hopped on the wagon when we drafted him. They're playing the Giants on sportsnet right now. First NFL game I've watched this season.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Not a huge football fan, but my NFL team has gotta be the Carolina Panthers. Don't wory, they we're my team BEFORE Cam Newton, It's not like I hopped on the wagon when we drafted him. They're playing the Giants on sportsnet right now. First NFL game I've watched this season.
I was a Packers fan before Aaron Rodgers.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

Quote:

Not a huge musical fan, but at least this seems like a step up from High School Musical and Glee.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

Quote:
I was a Packers fan before Aaron Rodgers.
The Packers have quite a history though.

Crap, touchdown NY.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Quote:
The Packers have quite a history though.

Crap, touchdown NY.
Not too much, although a lot compared to other teams I guess. I was really just a fan of Favre and it grew from there.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Jevo

55 minutes for my first grind isn't too bad I think. But damn that was harder than I expected. Cocky as I was, I started out waaay too fast, and I payed the price for that about halfway through. But the high you get when you reach the top, totally worth it.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Not a huge musical fan, but at least this seems like a step up from High School Musical and Glee.
Don't really consider those musicals myself, but that's probably because I hold every to a Les Mis standard.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

Quote:
Don't really consider those musicals myself, but that's probably because I hold every to a Les Mis standard.
Les Mis? never heard of it.

Old
09-20-2012, 08:00 PM
metric

Quote:
Les Mis? never heard of it.
You haven't heard of Les Miserables?

I'm no fan of musicals or anything, seen two or three in my life, but I imagine Glee and High School Musical should never be mentioned in the same breath as Les Miserables.

Old
09-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
Canadian speedskater allegedly sabotaged by U.S. rival

Old
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
KISSland

Quote:

I haven't heard of any of the stuff you listed there.
What kind of music are they?
It's hip hop, dark r&b, indie pop, indie rock, hardstyle, dubstep, moombahton, house, reggae, dancehall, bachata, oldies and some gagnam style.

Last edited by KISSland: 09-21-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old
09-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metric View Post
You haven't heard of Les Miserables?

I'm no fan of musicals or anything, seen two or three in my life, but I imagine Glee and High School Musical should never be mentioned in the same breath as Les Miserables.
Oh, it's just a shortned term, but no. I've never heard of it until this movie.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

20-0 Giants at the half.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Oh, it's just a shortned term, but no. I've never heard of it until this movie.
This is why I love that a movie is being made. It brings in more fans that probably wouldn't have seen it in theatre. And extremely glad Tom Hooper is doing his best to do it justice.

Closed Thread