Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 08:35 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Looks like a goal and 3 apples for Mark. He also got the primary assist on Bell's goal in the 2nd period. But exceptional start for him non the less.
4 pts/gp... that's sustainable right?

Old
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Thanks for the summary !

Where were you getting the info from if I may ask?
Stats from the game can be found here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/63192

Not sure where he is watching it.

Officially Mark finishes with a goal and 3 assists for 4 points.

Old
09-20-2012, 08:38 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
4 pts/gp... that's sustainable right?
I will be fully dissapointed if he can't at least maintain 3 ppg

Old
09-20-2012, 08:42 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Thanks for the summary !

Where were you getting the info from if I may ask?
Was watching the game - I have a Slingbox, so I'm streaming it from my cable box in Ontario while I'm in Winnipeg. Fun with technology

I looked for some streams prior to the game with no luck. Ohl has streaming, but I think it's 5-6 per game, and the quality is worse than what I get through the slingbox

Old
09-20-2012, 08:47 PM
jetkarma

Be nice if we had a young sniper that got tons of shots 5 on 5 to pair with Scheifele ...

Old
09-20-2012, 08:51 PM
surixon

Quote:
Be nice if we had a young sniper that got tons of shots 5 on 5 to pair with Scheifele ...
Didn't this player want out of town, I mean its not like he signed for 6 years or anything

Old
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Stats from the game can be found here:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/63192

Not sure where he is watching it.

Officially Mark finishes with a goal and 3 assists for 4 points.
Thanks , garret9 posted it in his game schedule post as well. Love to have all the info in one thread , thanks to all who contribute , very much appreciated.

Old
09-20-2012, 08:57 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Kane says hello

Old
09-20-2012, 08:57 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Was watching the game - I have a Slingbox, so I'm streaming it from my cable box in Ontario while I'm in Winnipeg. Fun with technology

I looked for some streams prior to the game with no luck. Ohl has streaming, but I think it's 5-6 per game, and the quality is worse than what I get through the slingbox
Very cool . How do you find slingbox?

Are you here for an extended time in Winnipeg then? You will be able to update us on perhaps Winnipeg's next draft pick through the 67's season then !

Old
09-20-2012, 08:58 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Didn't this player want out of town, I mean its not like he signed for 6 years or anything
Hah! Interestingly, though Camara doesn't have the hands of Kane, he does play a similar power-forward type game. He seems to mesh really well with Scheifele - bodes well for the future where, if Scheif progresses as we hope he does, he could be centering Kane.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Kane says hello
Scheifele says he will see 9 when the lockout ends

Old
09-20-2012, 09:25 PM
surixon

He keeps this play up and the Jets may have no choice but to bring him in for TC no matter how short it might be.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:58 PM
jetkarma

Unless it coincides with the world jr training camp or tournament , there isn't a doubt that Mark will be in camp for the Jets , he has a legitimate shot to be playing up this year .

Old
09-20-2012, 10:03 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Unless it coincides with the world jr training camp or tournament , there isn't a doubt that Mark will be in camp for the Jets , he has a legitimate shot to be playing up this year .
As much as it would be neat for him to be up in the bigs this year, I'd love to see him stay in junior this year so he has another crack at the WJHC gold medal.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:48 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
As much as it would be neat for him to be up in the bigs this year, I'd love to see him stay in junior this year so he has another crack at the WJHC gold medal.
Both could be done.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Can he come to a camp if he's already been assigned to Barrie?

Old
09-20-2012, 11:35 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Can he come to a camp if he's already been assigned to Barrie?
According to several well informed people around here, he can be recalled for training camp.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
The WHL website has a season preview broken down by team. I've clipped the comments about our prospects and have included them below with the appropriate links to the full content. They are fairly generic in nature but are worth a glance nonetheless...

Saskatoon Blades
Up Front: Itís a big year for the Blades, who host the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup tournament. Though they lost a few veterans from last season, they still return a number of quality forwards who can put the puck in the net, including their top three scorers. Veterans Matej Stransky, Josh Nicholls and Lukas Sutter all topped at least the 28-goal, 59-point plateau last season and will be expected to match or better those numbers this season. Sutter, a second-round pick of the Winnipeg Jets in 2012, also brings a feisty, physical element to the table.

Player to Watch: Lukas Sutter
The son of former NHLer and Lethbridge Bronco Rich Sutter, Lukas was the Bladesí second of two second-round picks in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft. An energetic, hard-working, physical forward in the Sutter mold, Lukas makes life extremely difficult on the opposition with his willingness to hit, grind and stand up for his teammates. Yet, Sutter is coming off a 2011-12 campaign where he potted 28 goals, showing he can also bring plenty of offense to the table. Drafted in the second round, 39th overall, by the Winnipeg Jets in the 2012 NHL Draft, expect Sutter to be a key cog in the Bladesí plans as they embark on their Memorial Cup run.

Swift Current Broncos
Adam Lowry is back and ready to go for the Broncos after missing the last half of last season with an injury. Having Lowry back not only adds a point-per-game player, but a big, physical presence as well.

Tri-City AmericansOn The Blue Line: Zach Yuen heads up a group of six rearguards eligible to return from last year. Yuen, a prospect of the Winnipeg Jets, led the Amsí defence corps in scoring with 12 goals and 38 points last season, and is expected to equal or better those numbers this season.
http://www.whl.ca/article/2012-13-wh...erence-preview

Kelowna Rockets
Ryan Olsen, who came over from Saskatoon in the McColgan trade, will be expected to improve on his 15 goals and 32 points last year.
http://www.whl.ca/article/2012-13-wh...erence-preview

Old
09-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

From the OHL site now...

GUELPH STORM
Forwards: Overager Cody McNaughton will also be counted on heavily to energize Guelph's offence this season with support from veterans like Ryan Horvat and Scott Kosmachuk. First round pick Robert Fabbri was impressive in camp and is already earning the confidence of his teammates and coaches.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a..._127183/127183

BARRIE COLTS
Key Returnee: When Mark Scheifele made a late return to the Colts lineup from the Winnipeg Jets last October, he went on an offensive tear that was a huge boost for the rebuilding squad. This year, he should be a dominant force in the Eastern Conference unless he gets another chance with the Jets.

Behind the Bench: Dale Hawerchuk helped the Colts become one of the biggest surprises in the OHL when they made great strides forward last year in his second season behind the bench. He will be hoping to build off of that again this year.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...preview/127187

Old
09-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Very cool . How do you find slingbox?

Are you here for an extended time in Winnipeg then? You will be able to update us on perhaps Winnipeg's next draft pick through the 67's season then !
Curtis Lazar doesn't play for the 67's

Old
09-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Here are the highlights from Scheifele's four point performance last night...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...1e01e4c2cbe851

Old
09-21-2012, 09:48 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Curtis Lazar doesn't play for the 67's
An option to be sure if we don't trade up. Lots of options for next draft and Winnipeg has the ability to control those options and that as a GM is gold imo. Love the position we are in .

Old
09-21-2012, 10:02 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

Thanks for this!!! (and the two before).

My hopes:
Lowry: to prove the start of last season wasn't a fluke. I'd like to see him pull a full season this year. He's expected to be on the top line and lots of PP and PK.

Sutter: maybe take a few less penalties and get some PP time since he'll be on the top line this year and not the checking line. I don't expect the kid to be top6 for the Jets but I'd really love for him to turn out to be a puck/game controlling checking centre who can be dangerously offensively. Also hope he gets on the WJC team for the bottom 6 role.

Scheifele: continue better his skating and playing a bigger game... and a year at WJC to shutup all the naysayers. Obviously he'll be on the top line, PP and PK while refining his game even further.

Kosmachuk: most saw this kid to be a late 1st rounder but fell to us in the third. If he can start to show he deserved to be a first rounder he could be a Telegin like steal. Most fans also expect Kosma to be on the top line.

Brassard: he's expected to be on the top line this year so hopefully he can improve his offensive game and look to be better than just a depth forward (our right wing prospect pool is in desperate need!!).

Yuen: see in dictionary the word dominate (our left D is just as bad or worse than our RW situation). He'll be on the first pairing again this year.

Olsen: don't know much about the kid but his points weren't bad from a bottom6 in the WHL standpoint. Hopefully he'll get top6 minutes, secondary PP and some PK this year to refine his game with more experience. I don't think he'll be more than a depth forward but if we luck out then we luck out.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

Nice, thanks.

Question - Who is captain of the Colts if not Scheifele? I realize that I don't know the behind the scenes lockerroom stuff of the Colts, but from what I saw in the Canada / Russia series, how is Scheifele not the captain?

Notes from 5 minutes of highlights:

Ceci's skating stood out on his goal and his setup of another goal.
Monahan's hands stood out in his 1st goal, and his tip of another.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:55 AM
DespoticNewt

I'll have to see if I can't get some tickets for when the Blades, Rockets, Broncos, and Americans come to Brandon. I would love to see the Jets' future up close, especially Lukas Sutter.

Closed Thread