HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-phx

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2012, 08:38 AM
  #26
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Officer Clutterbuck
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,539
vCash: 500
Why does Chicago even need Yandle? They need a strong, stay at home guy. Don't they?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 09:22 AM
  #27
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,321
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
Teravainen and Saad for Yandle.
I'd do it. We need difference makers where we can get them to put us over the top.

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Yandle
Rozsival-O-poo-poo/Monty/Brookbank

Looks pretty stout, possibly best D in the NHL. I think we should include a D going back to Phoenix, either Oduya or Monty.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 09:34 AM
  #28
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
That is terrible underpayment for Yandle.
Agreed, Hammer wouldn't make the top 6 D in Phoenix, don't want him. Yandle is a first line D, I know the Hawks have Seabrook/Keith, but they can't play 30+ minutes like in the playoffs. Names like Sharp/Kane, legit top first line forward, has to come back the other way...

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:01 AM
  #29
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,722
vCash: 500
The price for Yandle would be Kane.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:57 AM
  #30
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The price for Yandle would be Kane.
Agreed, I really think this trade makes sense for both teams, straight up. Chicago is in desperate need of another solid defensemen and has an abundance of solid forwards. Phoenix has an abundance of solid defensemen and is in desperate need of another solid forward. It makes both teams better, which is what you want in a trade.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:23 PM
  #31
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,812
vCash: 545
This is absolutely brutal for Phoenix.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
  #32
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Phoenix isn't exacxtly a rebuilding team, they made it to the WCF. And Yandle isn't exactly on the downward turn of his carreer yet. So the prospects it would take would probably have to be surer bets than McNeil and ready far sooner than TT. There are teams with way better incentives to make those kind of offers than CHI. They aren't off that badly on D. Actually, when they get goaltending, their D should be mostly fine.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
  #33
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Isn't the Hawks biggest need a #2 center, something they're hoping McNeil becomes?

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
  #34
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
This is absolutely brutal for Phoenix.
How about Hjalmarsson and Beach for OEL instead?

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 05:00 PM
  #35
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Agreed, Hammer wouldn't make the top 6 D in Phoenix, don't want him. Yandle is a first line D, I know the Hawks have Seabrook/Keith, but they can't play 30+ minutes like in the playoffs. Names like Sharp/Kane, legit top first line forward, has to come back the other way...
LOL. Hjalmarsson would be your 5th best D at worst.

I would prefer him over Michalek tbh.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 06:14 PM
  #36
The Brewmeister
#Winning.
 
The Brewmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
LOL. Hjalmarsson would be your 5th best D at worst.

I would prefer him over Michalek tbh.
Two things.

1. Michalek has nothing to do with this deal.

2. Michalek in Phoenix >>>> Hjalmarsson.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 07:28 PM
  #37
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Two things.

1. Michalek has nothing to do with this deal.

2. Michalek in Phoenix >>>> Hjalmarsson.
It has to do with a guy saying Hjalmarsson wouldn't even be in PHX top 6.

And whos to say the Michalek from 3 years ago is going to be the same this coming season? Not that it really matters, because Hammer would most definitely be in PHX top 5 anyway.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 08:47 PM
  #38
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
It has to do with a guy saying Hjalmarsson wouldn't even be in PHX top 6.

And whos to say the Michalek from 3 years ago is going to be the same this coming season? Not that it really matters, because Hammer would most definitely be in PHX top 5 anyway.
Yandle will be traded only for proven forward scoring help. There's no way we'd ask for another shutdown d-man - the Yotes have plenty of those with Z, Klesla, and Morris, while OEL, Gormley, and Summers can also play that role. Also, our d-lines are balanced with LH/RH shots + puck movers w/ stay at home types - we already have a lot of LH shots.

In short, very questionable that there's room for Hjalmarsson on the Top 6.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:04 PM
  #39
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yandle will be traded only for proven forward scoring help. There's no way we'd ask for another shutdown d-man - the Yotes have plenty of those with Z, Klesla, and Morris, while OEL, Gormley, and Summers can also play that role. Also, our d-lines are balanced with LH/RH shots + puck movers w/ stay at home types - we already have a lot of LH shots.

In short, very questionable that there's room for Hjalmarsson on the Top 6.
Lol

Few of those guys don't even play in the NHL and they are better ?

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:33 PM
  #40
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Lol

Few of those guys don't even play in the NHL and they are better ?
You should google some of those names. Might shock ya!!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:27 PM
  #41
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Lol

Few of those guys don't even play in the NHL and they are better ?
Yes. Our D is stacked. Our #7 > Your #4

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:05 AM
  #42
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 50
Hjarlmarsson is a horse. He can eat big minutes without hurting you, and coaches love those dmen even if they aren't flashy with the puck or making big hits. He's a very steady #4-5 kind of guy.
Phoenix has a number of young dmen that need ice time to develop. And while Hjarlmarsson is probably more reliable than Summers, Stone, Schlemko, etc -- he also does not have the upside, and his contract is less cap friendly.
As much as Phoenix could use a center prospect like McNeil, I don't see any reason they would consider trading a top tier dman for McNeil or Hjarlmarsson. If they wanted a veteran dman instead of making room for a young guy, they would have simply kept Rossival.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
  #43
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Yandle will be traded only for proven forward scoring help. There's no way we'd ask for another shutdown d-man - the Yotes have plenty of those with Z, Klesla, and Morris, while OEL, Gormley, and Summers can also play that role. Also, our d-lines are balanced with LH/RH shots + puck movers w/ stay at home types - we already have a lot of LH shots.

In short, very questionable that there's room for Hjalmarsson on the Top 6.
Hjalmarsson would EASILY be your 5th best Dman, there is no debating it. Gormley, and Summers aren't even close to his level, yet. I would take Hjalmarsson over Morris on most nights too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
You should google some of those names. Might shock ya!!
Ya, their names show up and it says we aren't near as good of defenseman as Hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Yes. Our D is stacked. Our #7 > Your #4
LOL, ya, OK. That's why Roszival (our 5th Dman) played the 3rd most amount of mins for the Coyotes in the playoffs, right?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:30 AM
  #44
Oh_so_saad
Registered User
 
Oh_so_saad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Change yandle to Torres and you got a deal!
Thats messed up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
To Chicago:

Yandle

To Phx:

Keith Seabrook


Muahaha
hell no

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 01:20 PM
  #45
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Hjalmarsson would EASILY be your 5th best Dman, there is no debating it. Gormley, and Summers aren't even close to his level, yet. I would take Hjalmarsson over Morris on most nights too!
That's debatable, and don't forget about Schlemko and Stone. What's not debatable is his salary and how do you justify $3.5Mil/ for a bottom pairing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Ya, their names show up and it says we aren't near as good of defenseman as Hammer.
I rather have Klesla and Michalek playing than Hjalmarsson (as well as OEL, KY, & DM) any day!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
LOL, ya, OK. That's why Roszival (our 5th Dman) played the 3rd most amount of mins for the Coyotes in the playoffs, right?
No, 4th, by way of the trade with Pittsburgh, became expendable...

Don't see how any of those assets will improve the Coyotes.


Last edited by DesertDawg: 09-21-2012 at 01:37 PM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 02:12 PM
  #46
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
That's debatable, and don't forget about Schlemko and Stone. What's not debatable is his salary and how do you justify $3.5Mil/ for a bottom pairing?

It's not debatable, Schlemko and Stone are not even close to Hjalmarsson.

I rather have Klesla and Michalek playing than Hjalmarsson (as well as OEL, KY, & DM) any day!
Michalek and Morris really aren't that much ahead of Hjlalmarsson, if at all.
I'm not saying you should do the trade, I'm just defending the hate Hammer is getting. Whoever says he won't fit in your top 6, clearly doesn't watch Hammer play. It's clear he would be in your top 6. Whether he fits there or you would want that salary is a completely different story.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 05:02 AM
  #47
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'm not saying you should do the trade, I'm just defending the hate Hammer is getting. Whoever says he won't fit in your top 6, clearly doesn't watch Hammer play. It's clear he would be in your top 6. Whether he fits there or you would want that salary is a completely different story.
No hate for the HAM! Just questioning how much you value the 'Yotes blueliners, especially on the left side! And to bring up Rosival? The Coyotes let him walk and did not try to re-sign him! The Hawks apparently think they need him. Saying that he was important to the Coyotes because he had #4 minutes only means that he was an adequate replacement because Aucoin and Schlemko were coming off injuries! During the regular season he was #6 in total ice time! Coach Tippet has more confidence in Schlemko playing the right side than Rosival...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.