HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks players practicing wearing their jerseys inside out

Old
09-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
The OP has a point. They could have worn anything - they chose this - it absolutely is a statement - and a statement they *knew* was going to be picked up on by the media. Nothing accidental about it.

Now, whether it's worth having a coronary over or not, is for folks to decide for themselves.

But no question they're making a statement.
Who was arguing that they weren't make a statement?

The thing people are picking on is the fact that the OP felt it was insulting to the fans (and sort of like he was slightly outraged over it). It's very silly to turn a statement clearly directed to the owners and be so sensitive as to make it about the fans/community that the team logo supposedly represents or whatever.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
The thing people are picking on is the fact that the OP felt it was insulting to the fans (and sort of like he was slightly outraged over it).
Well, it certainly wasn't complimentary to the fans.

Quote:
It's very silly to turn a statement clearly directed to the owners and be so sensitive as to make it about the fans/community that the team logo supposedly represents or whatever.
It's also very silly to be so sensitive about some other posters' reaction or statement.

"Or whatever"

The poster feels how they feel. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't agree, don't agree, that's cool too.

No need for hystrionics over it.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Well, it certainly wasn't complimentary to the fans.

It's also very silly to be so sensitive about some other posters' reaction or statement.

"Or whatever"

The poster feels how they feel. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't agree, don't agree, that's cool too.

No need for hystrionics over it.
Why do you feel that applies to his reaction to the players but not our reaction to him?

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 02:12 AM
4th line energy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Who was arguing that they weren't make a statement?

The thing people are picking on is the fact that the OP felt it was insulting to the fans (and sort of like he was slightly outraged over it). It's very silly to turn a statement clearly directed to the owners and be so sensitive as to make it about the fans/community that the team logo supposedly represents or whatever.
Now I'm "slightly outraged"

You're too much.

4th line energy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Bougieman

Their inside-out jerseys are about as offensive to me as the lack of lipstick they chose to wear for the event.

Bougieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Amused To Death

vCash: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
As a general question, how many unions allow for every single member to negotiate their own salary?
It doesn't benefit the players to oppose their union. So they show support for it. Your question doesn't really relate to my comment as I was neither supporting nor opposing their actions. I was stating that supporting their union is simply the logical thing to do for a player in their position.

Amused To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:31 AM
rypper

Nevermind, saw a thread about this. delete.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Northbad

Holy crap, I can't believe this thread is still going! I thought it would have been over and done by the first page.

Northbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Dako

Dako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 05:50 PM
TacitEndorsement

Wow. Talk about making something out of nothing.

TacitEndorsement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
NFLDPower
Shi Shi Shawww

You guys are getting all ******** over nothing. The players aren't allowed to wear the jerseys right now. Wearing those jerseys normally means they will represent the NHL. The NHL is locking out the players right now so they can't officially represent the league and the NHL is not allowing the players to represent the league at this time.

Check out the groups of players skating together from other NHL teams. None of them are wearing official team jerseys. The Ottawa Senators are all wearing jerseys representing a company owned by player Chris Phillips.

It has nothing to do with disrespect. My guess is they all showed up with their jerseys and we not aware they were not permitted to wear officially licensed NHL logos so they just turned them inside out to prevent any potential repercussions. Calm down people.

NFLDPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLDPower View Post
You guys are getting all ******** over nothing. The players aren't allowed to wear the jerseys right now. Wearing those jerseys normally means they will represent the NHL. The NHL is locking out the players right now so they can't officially represent the league and the NHL is not allowing the players to represent the league at this time.

Check out the groups of players skating together from other NHL teams. None of them are wearing official team jerseys. The Ottawa Senators are all wearing jerseys representing a company owned by player Chris Phillips.

It has nothing to do with disrespect. My guess is they all showed up with their jerseys and we not aware they were not permitted to wear officially licensed NHL logos so they just turned them inside out to prevent any potential repercussions. Calm down people.
Calm down people? Did you read anything other than the OP?

BrockH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 11:49 PM
vadim sharifijanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
As a general question, how many unions allow for every single member to negotiate their own salary?
no idea. but mine does (higher education, state school).

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:20 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
They probably aren't allowed to wear the logo.

I actually think it shows a tremendous amount of respect to the city they play for and the team and the fans and each other to be dedicated enough to pay cash out of their own pockets to rent a rink and practise as a team.

They're ready to go. They're ready to fight.

Every other player is finding new places to play, but the Vancouver Canucks are practising together as a team.

That's amazing.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Hielo Grande

I have absolutely no opinion inside out or outside in jerseys. Nor do I have an opinion on whether teams logos should be banned from forum boards for the duration. What I would like though, is for someone to explain why a supposed womanizer would have an avatar of some guy humping a cane with the curved end stuck up the underside of his torso.

Hielo Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:12 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy View Post
I'm sure most of you saw this on tsn or whatnot, Sedins, Bieksa, Luongo and many more practicing together with their team jersey turned inside out.

Does anybody else find this a tad insulting? I mean, I know the owners are who their beef is with and I get that. But to me, the logo and name of the team does not represent "Aquillini" (sp?) It represents the fans, the city, the players, and somewhere on that list the owners as well. It just rubs me as a slap in the face to us the fans and even to their fellow players for what they've played for and and played through these last couple of years. Are they not still proud to be Canucks?

TheDiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
No simpson gift? I guess no one thinks of the children.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote