HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2012, 11:46 AM
  #726
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He's on the Raven's, and is the guy who rolled over Gronk's ankle in the playoffs last year, and was running with Welker a couple years back when he tore his ACL, and hit Brady causing his ACL tear when he was on the Chiefs a few years back.
Oh they were sure to bring all those things up as they were speaking with him Several callers did too

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 12:20 PM
  #727
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
AFAIK, eei hasn't said one word about the lockout, or anything about players going overseas, including the Bruins. Now they're talking UFC. Pathetic.
That kinda says it all right there...The Bruins could win the next 4 Stanley Cups, and as soon as the playoffs end, they wouldn't say a single word about the team...unless, perhaps, if Dale filled in for D&C in the morning.

MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
  #728
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
I hope the NHL stays irrelevant on the airwaves until a cba is reached. They don't deserve the air time over the NFL, which cares enough about its fans and sponsers to dodge a lockout and miss games

Hnidy Hnight is online now  
Old
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
  #729
323 Krejci 7
Registered User
 
323 Krejci 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Have no clue who he is outside of what was said about him during the segment, but that was easily one of the best interviews (or "enterviews") that T&R have done since switching to 98.5
I'm glad someone else notices that Fred always says "enterview" instead of interview. I dont know why but it really bothers me when he says it

323 Krejci 7 is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 01:09 PM
  #730
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,948
vCash: 500
There is no 't'. It's 'ennerview', and it drives me INSANE.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 01:10 PM
  #731
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Lockout talk on F&M.

GordonHowe is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 01:26 PM
  #732
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Former NHLPA head Paul Kelly on F&M.

GordonHowe is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 02:24 PM
  #733
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,276
vCash: 50
Crack Edwards

@RealJackEdwards: Big Show with Glenn Ordway and Michael Holley at 3:35. http://t.co/EKOCGgzl, 93.7FM in Boston. Sure to talk lockout, Seguin to Switzerland.

Shaun is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 03:12 PM
  #734
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
There is no 't'. It's 'ennerview', and it drives me INSANE.
And they say intel when they mean until.

Oh boy...I need hockey!

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 03:51 PM
  #735
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,276
vCash: 50
Felger is so uninformed its pathetic.

"YOURE GONNA NEED TO CONVINCE SAYGWIN TO COMEBACK HES GONNA STAY THERE. IM SCARED"

Shaun is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:00 PM
  #736
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Felger is so uninformed its pathetic.

"YOURE GONNA NEED TO CONVINCE SAYGWIN TO COMEBACK HES GONNA STAY THERE. IM SCARED"
I'm convinced that he knows damn well he's wrong, and just does it to be controversial. It works, cuz we listen.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
  #737
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I'm convinced that he knows damn well he's wrong, and just does it to be controversial. It works, cuz we listen.
Yeah, even Felger isn't that stupid. I think.

Artemis is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:33 PM
  #738
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
AFAIK, eei hasn't said one word about the lockout, or anything about players going overseas, including the Bruins. Now they're talking UFC. Pathetic.
1) You are wrong. All the shows have talked about it. Jack Edwards was on today. You are just flat out wrong.

2) Why shouldn't they talk about UFC? It's a professional sport, it's been growing for about 8 or 9 years now and they are actually having major events and not cancelling seasons. It seems like pretty sour grapes to say "Waaaaaaaah my sport isn't getting any attention." on one hand and then saying that other sports shouldn't get any attention.

If you are unhappy with the lack of attention the NHL gets you have 2 groups of people to blame: the NHL and the fans. The NHL has proven again and again and again they can take the best sport on the planet and mismanage it. And NHL fans let them. It's great that we'll all come back to the sport after the lockout, but maybe we shouldn't. The casual fans won't and that will give media outlets all the reason not to cover the sport. Maybe if we dind't come back the NHL would actually have to look at the incredibly stupid way they've run their sport and actually take steps to fix it.

The NHL was run for years like a mickey mouse organization. They then went out and hired Bettman to try to make them a real professional league. He's made it worse. It's a testament to the sport that it's still damn good to watch, but don't blame casual viewers from tuning out. The league is practically forcing them to tune out with the way they've handled things: walking out on ESPN contract, 1st lockout, going to markets that it shouldn't have, leaving markets it should have stayed in, putting their games on a station many people can't get, etc etc.

It's nice to point fingers at EEI, but honestly... why should they talk about the lockout?

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:35 PM
  #739
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
I hope the NHL stays irrelevant on the airwaves until a cba is reached. They don't deserve the air time over the NFL, which cares enough about its fans and sponsers to dodge a lockout and miss games
This. Start running your business in a professional way and maybe people will take you seriously.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:47 PM
  #740
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
1) You are wrong. All the shows have talked about it. Jack Edwards was on today. You are just flat out wrong.

2) Why shouldn't they talk about UFC? It's a professional sport, it's been growing for about 8 or 9 years now and they are actually having major events and not cancelling seasons. It seems like pretty sour grapes to say "Waaaaaaaah my sport isn't getting any attention." on one hand and then saying that other sports shouldn't get any attention.

If you are unhappy with the lack of attention the NHL gets you have 2 groups of people to blame: the NHL and the fans. The NHL has proven again and again and again they can take the best sport on the planet and mismanage it. And NHL fans let them. It's great that we'll all come back to the sport after the lockout, but maybe we shouldn't. The casual fans won't and that will give media outlets all the reason not to cover the sport. Maybe if we dind't come back the NHL would actually have to look at the incredibly stupid way they've run their sport and actually take steps to fix it.

The NHL was run for years like a mickey mouse organization. They then went out and hired Bettman to try to make them a real professional league. He's made it worse. It's a testament to the sport that it's still damn good to watch, but don't blame casual viewers from tuning out. The league is practically forcing them to tune out with the way they've handled things: walking out on ESPN contract, 1st lockout, going to markets that it shouldn't have, leaving markets it should have stayed in, putting their games on a station many people can't get, etc etc.

It's nice to point fingers at EEI, but honestly... why should they talk about the lockout?
Nice rant.

How much have they talked about the NHL before Edwards was on today? And if Mut and Merloni have said anything about the Bruins besides mentioning in passing that Seguin re-signed, it's news to me. They spent half an hour today talking about Ray Lewis, while flashboy didn't even MENTION that Seguin had signed in Switzerland.

What Bettman or the union is doing is irrelevant - what is relevant is that Boston is one of the premier NHL franchises in North America, the Bruins are hugely popular, and EEI has all but ignored a major story. Did they ignore the NBA or NFL when they were going through this? Not on your life!

It's no secret that EEI has an antipathy for hockey, from Ordway's mocking "hockey
tawk" to Callahan's outright scorn. I bet they're ecstatic about the lockout so they don't have to pretend to be interested.

Artemis is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 05:06 PM
  #741
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Nice rant.

How much have they talked about the NHL before Edwards was on today? And if Mut and Merloni have said anything about the Bruins besides mentioning in passing that Seguin re-signed, it's news to me. They spent half an hour today talking about Ray Lewis, while flashboy didn't even MENTION that Seguin had signed in Switzerland.

What Bettman or the union is doing is irrelevant - what is relevant is that Boston is one of the premier NHL franchises in North America, the Bruins are hugely popular, and EEI has all but ignored a major story. Did they ignore the NBA or NFL when they were going through this? Not on your life!

It's no secret that EEI has an antipathy for hockey, from Ordway's mocking "hockey
tawk" to Callahan's outright scorn. I bet they're ecstatic about the lockout so they don't have to pretend to be interested.
Our minds think alike.

I think we should all recognize Callahan's stellar hockey insight. Have a listen to these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRyA8bGoGBo
I never knew that Graham Nash was Columbus' best player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5UxkIizF9E
I also never knew Shawn Thornton scored 40 goals in a season for 3 different teams, or that he's played for 5 teams in the NHL.

MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 05:56 PM
  #742
jasonbaz77*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
1) You are wrong. All the shows have talked about it. Jack Edwards was on today. You are just flat out wrong.

2) Why shouldn't they talk about UFC? It's a professional sport, it's been growing for about 8 or 9 years now and they are actually having major events and not cancelling seasons. It seems like pretty sour grapes to say "Waaaaaaaah my sport isn't getting any attention." on one hand and then saying that other sports shouldn't get any attention.

If you are unhappy with the lack of attention the NHL gets you have 2 groups of people to blame: the NHL and the fans. The NHL has proven again and again and again they can take the best sport on the planet and mismanage it. And NHL fans let them. It's great that we'll all come back to the sport after the lockout, but maybe we shouldn't. The casual fans won't and that will give media outlets all the reason not to cover the sport. Maybe if we dind't come back the NHL would actually have to look at the incredibly stupid way they've run their sport and actually take steps to fix it.

The NHL was run for years like a mickey mouse organization. They then went out and hired Bettman to try to make them a real professional league. He's made it worse. It's a testament to the sport that it's still damn good to watch, but don't blame casual viewers from tuning out. The league is practically forcing them to tune out with the way they've handled things: walking out on ESPN contract, 1st lockout, going to markets that it shouldn't have, leaving markets it should have stayed in, putting their games on a station many people can't get, etc etc.

It's nice to point fingers at EEI, but honestly... why should they talk about the lockout?
: )You lost me...then lost me again.

UFC is not a sport. It's people paying to see blood. Nothing wrong with that...but it's not a sport.

You really don't think a sports radio show (in a city that had the Stanley Cup champion only a year ago) should be talking about the NHL not having a season?

EEI is garbage. End of story. They despise Hockey and specifically the Bruins. They tried desperately to climb on the bandwagon during the Cup run and made clowns of themselves. I can't wait to hear that they have flat lined.

The NHL league Mickey Mouse part I agree with. League needs to contract, Bettman needs to become an accountant in Cleveland.


Last edited by jasonbaz77*: 09-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.
jasonbaz77* is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
  #743
XtremeofParanoia
Registered User
 
XtremeofParanoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
: )You lost me...then lost me again.

UFC is not a sport. It's people paying to see blood. Nothing wrong with that...but it's not a sport.
Oh, come on. I agree that they should be talking hockey more, but let's be real, the UFC is most certainly a sport.

XtremeofParanoia is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
  #744
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 500
UFC is a sport, just like boxing was years ago....and a heavyweight title fight was the biggest story in the news, not just sport.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 07:34 AM
  #745
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Anyone listening to T&R? Some pretty funny stuff involving Adolfo, some callers who want him fired, and Wallach's giant head being stolen.

Zo's pretty fired up on twitter over this.

MattFromFranklin is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 07:40 AM
  #746
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,669
vCash: 500
Not a fan of Toucher and Rich in the first place, cuz they think they're funny, but they're not, but I go there from time to time in case they do actually talk sports, which is rare.

This morning was the worst radio I've ever heard. I listened for about 20 seconds and changed it. They were bawling out an intern....riveting!

Went back 15 minutes later, cuz everyone else was on ads, and they were talking about bawling out the intern...worst radio ever!!

A guy I talk sports with at work said, "Do you ever listen to T&R?. I listened this morning for the first time and still can't figure out why!"

He said, and I quote, "Worst. Radio. Ever!"

I do wonder how they have a show.

Listened to a lot of NPR this morning! LOL

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 07:41 AM
  #747
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Anyone listening to T&R? Some pretty funny stuff involving Adolfo, some callers who want him fired, and Wallach's giant head being stolen.

Zo's pretty fired up on twitter over this.
Haha! I just posted about how bad that was! Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 08:08 AM
  #748
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
I hope the NHL stays irrelevant on the airwaves until a cba is reached. They don't deserve the air time over the NFL, which cares enough about its fans and sponsers to dodge a lockout and miss games
The NFL cares so much they give us these garbage ref's

Bob Kraft losing his wife and deciding he wasn't going to let it happen is the reason the NFL had games, because they were going to have a stopage.

The NFL also cared so much for the sponsers they made sure they would get the tv money regardless if games were played.

Yup, the NFL cares..

Therick67 is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 08:30 AM
  #749
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Not a fan of Toucher and Rich in the first place, cuz they think they're funny, but they're not, but I go there from time to time in case they do actually talk sports, which is rare.

This morning was the worst radio I've ever heard. I listened for about 20 seconds and changed it. They were bawling out an intern....riveting!

Went back 15 minutes later, cuz everyone else was on ads, and they were talking about bawling out the intern...worst radio ever!!

A guy I talk sports with at work said, "Do you ever listen to T&R?. I listened this morning for the first time and still can't figure out why!"

He said, and I quote, "Worst. Radio. Ever!"

I do wonder how they have a show.

Listened to a lot of NPR this morning! LOL
You have to know their characters. It wasn't just two guys ripping into an intern, it was Fred and Rich ripping Adolfo. I enjoyed it.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 08:46 AM
  #750
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
You have to know their characters. It wasn't just two guys ripping into an intern, it was Fred and Rich ripping Adolfo. I enjoyed it.
Oh, so it's guys like you who encourage their juvenile antics!

Just kidding...glad somebody liked it.

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.