Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 11:46 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He's on the Raven's, and is the guy who rolled over Gronk's ankle in the playoffs last year, and was running with Welker a couple years back when he tore his ACL, and hit Brady causing his ACL tear when he was on the Chiefs a few years back.
Oh they were sure to bring all those things up as they were speaking with him Several callers did too

Old
09-20-2012, 12:20 PM
MattFromFranklin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
AFAIK, eei hasn't said one word about the lockout, or anything about players going overseas, including the Bruins. Now they're talking UFC. Pathetic.
That kinda says it all right there...The Bruins could win the next 4 Stanley Cups, and as soon as the playoffs end, they wouldn't say a single word about the team...unless, perhaps, if Dale filled in for D&C in the morning.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Hnidy Hnight

I hope the NHL stays irrelevant on the airwaves until a cba is reached. They don't deserve the air time over the NFL, which cares enough about its fans and sponsers to dodge a lockout and miss games

Old
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
323 Krejci 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Have no clue who he is outside of what was said about him during the segment, but that was easily one of the best interviews (or "enterviews") that T&R have done since switching to 98.5
I'm glad someone else notices that Fred always says "enterview" instead of interview. I dont know why but it really bothers me when he says it

Old
09-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

There is no 't'. It's 'ennerview', and it drives me INSANE.

Old
09-20-2012, 01:10 PM
GordonHowe

Lockout talk on F&M.

Old
09-20-2012, 01:26 PM
GordonHowe

Former NHLPA head Paul Kelly on F&M.

Old
09-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Shaun
beauty

Crack Edwards

@RealJackEdwards: Big Show with Glenn Ordway and Michael Holley at 3:35. http://t.co/EKOCGgzl, 93.7FM in Boston. Sure to talk lockout, Seguin to Switzerland.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
There is no 't'. It's 'ennerview', and it drives me INSANE.
And they say intel when they mean until.

Oh boy...I need hockey!

Old
09-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Shaun
beauty

Felger is so uninformed its pathetic.

"YOURE GONNA NEED TO CONVINCE SAYGWIN TO COMEBACK HES GONNA STAY THERE. IM SCARED"

Old
09-20-2012, 04:00 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Felger is so uninformed its pathetic.

"YOURE GONNA NEED TO CONVINCE SAYGWIN TO COMEBACK HES GONNA STAY THERE. IM SCARED"
I'm convinced that he knows damn well he's wrong, and just does it to be controversial. It works, cuz we listen.

Old
09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I'm convinced that he knows damn well he's wrong, and just does it to be controversial. It works, cuz we listen.
Yeah, even Felger isn't that stupid. I think.

Old
09-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
AFAIK, eei hasn't said one word about the lockout, or anything about players going overseas, including the Bruins. Now they're talking UFC. Pathetic.
1) You are wrong. All the shows have talked about it. Jack Edwards was on today. You are just flat out wrong.

2) Why shouldn't they talk about UFC? It's a professional sport, it's been growing for about 8 or 9 years now and they are actually having major events and not cancelling seasons. It seems like pretty sour grapes to say "Waaaaaaaah my sport isn't getting any attention." on one hand and then saying that other sports shouldn't get any attention.

If you are unhappy with the lack of attention the NHL gets you have 2 groups of people to blame: the NHL and the fans. The NHL has proven again and again and again they can take the best sport on the planet and mismanage it. And NHL fans let them. It's great that we'll all come back to the sport after the lockout, but maybe we shouldn't. The casual fans won't and that will give media outlets all the reason not to cover the sport. Maybe if we dind't come back the NHL would actually have to look at the incredibly stupid way they've run their sport and actually take steps to fix it.

The NHL was run for years like a mickey mouse organization. They then went out and hired Bettman to try to make them a real professional league. He's made it worse. It's a testament to the sport that it's still damn good to watch, but don't blame casual viewers from tuning out. The league is practically forcing them to tune out with the way they've handled things: walking out on ESPN contract, 1st lockout, going to markets that it shouldn't have, leaving markets it should have stayed in, putting their games on a station many people can't get, etc etc.

It's nice to point fingers at EEI, but honestly... why should they talk about the lockout?

Old
09-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
I hope the NHL stays irrelevant on the airwaves until a cba is reached. They don't deserve the air time over the NFL, which cares enough about its fans and sponsers to dodge a lockout and miss games
This. Start running your business in a professional way and maybe people will take you seriously.

Old
09-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
1) You are wrong. All the shows have talked about it. Jack Edwards was on today. You are just flat out wrong.

2) Why shouldn't they talk about UFC? It's a professional sport, it's been growing for about 8 or 9 years now and they are actually having major events and not cancelling seasons. It seems like pretty sour grapes to say "Waaaaaaaah my sport isn't getting any attention." on one hand and then saying that other sports shouldn't get any attention.

If you are unhappy with the lack of attention the NHL gets you have 2 groups of people to blame: the NHL and the fans. The NHL has proven again and again and again they can take the best sport on the planet and mismanage it. And NHL fans let them. It's great that we'll all come back to the sport after the lockout, but maybe we shouldn't. The casual fans won't and that will give media outlets all the reason not to cover the sport. Maybe if we dind't come back the NHL would actually have to look at the incredibly stupid way they've run their sport and actually take steps to fix it.

The NHL was run for years like a mickey mouse organization. They then went out and hired Bettman to try to make them a real professional league. He's made it worse. It's a testament to the sport that it's still damn good to watch, but don't blame casual viewers from tuning out. The league is practically forcing them to tune out with the way they've handled things: walking out on ESPN contract, 1st lockout, going to markets that it shouldn't have, leaving markets it should have stayed in, putting their games on a station many people can't get, etc etc.

It's nice to point fingers at EEI, but honestly... why should they talk about the lockout?
Nice rant.

How much have they talked about the NHL before Edwards was on today? And if Mut and Merloni have said anything about the Bruins besides mentioning in passing that Seguin re-signed, it's news to me. They spent half an hour today talking about Ray Lewis, while flashboy didn't even MENTION that Seguin had signed in Switzerland.

What Bettman or the union is doing is irrelevant - what is relevant is that Boston is one of the premier NHL franchises in North America, the Bruins are hugely popular, and EEI has all but ignored a major story. Did they ignore the NBA or NFL when they were going through this? Not on your life!

It's no secret that EEI has an antipathy for hockey, from Ordway's mocking "hockey
tawk" to Callahan's outright scorn. I bet they're ecstatic about the lockout so they don't have to pretend to be interested.

Old
09-20-2012, 05:06 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Nice rant.

How much have they talked about the NHL before Edwards was on today? And if Mut and Merloni have said anything about the Bruins besides mentioning in passing that Seguin re-signed, it's news to me. They spent half an hour today talking about Ray Lewis, while flashboy didn't even MENTION that Seguin had signed in Switzerland.

What Bettman or the union is doing is irrelevant - what is relevant is that Boston is one of the premier NHL franchises in North America, the Bruins are hugely popular, and EEI has all but ignored a major story. Did they ignore the NBA or NFL when they were going through this? Not on your life!

It's no secret that EEI has an antipathy for hockey, from Ordway's mocking "hockey
tawk" to Callahan's outright scorn. I bet they're ecstatic about the lockout so they don't have to pretend to be interested.
Our minds think alike.

I think we should all recognize Callahan's stellar hockey insight. Have a listen to these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRyA8bGoGBo
I never knew that Graham Nash was Columbus' best player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5UxkIizF9E
I also never knew Shawn Thornton scored 40 goals in a season for 3 different teams, or that he's played for 5 teams in the NHL.

Old
09-20-2012, 05:56 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post

: )You lost me...then lost me again.

UFC is not a sport. It's people paying to see blood. Nothing wrong with that...but it's not a sport.

You really don't think a sports radio show (in a city that had the Stanley Cup champion only a year ago) should be talking about the NHL not having a season?

EEI is garbage. End of story. They despise Hockey and specifically the Bruins. They tried desperately to climb on the bandwagon during the Cup run and made clowns of themselves. I can't wait to hear that they have flat lined.

The NHL league Mickey Mouse part I agree with. League needs to contract, Bettman needs to become an accountant in Cleveland.

Last edited by jasonbaz77*: 09-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old
09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
: )You lost me...then lost me again.

UFC is not a sport. It's people paying to see blood. Nothing wrong with that...but it's not a sport.
Oh, come on. I agree that they should be talking hockey more, but let's be real, the UFC is most certainly a sport.

Old
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

UFC is a sport, just like boxing was years ago....and a heavyweight title fight was the biggest story in the news, not just sport.

Old
09-21-2012, 07:34 AM
MattFromFranklin

Anyone listening to T&R? Some pretty funny stuff involving Adolfo, some callers who want him fired, and Wallach's giant head being stolen.

Zo's pretty fired up on twitter over this.

Old
09-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Not a fan of Toucher and Rich in the first place, cuz they think they're funny, but they're not, but I go there from time to time in case they do actually talk sports, which is rare.

This morning was the worst radio I've ever heard. I listened for about 20 seconds and changed it. They were bawling out an intern....riveting!

Went back 15 minutes later, cuz everyone else was on ads, and they were talking about bawling out the intern...worst radio ever!!

A guy I talk sports with at work said, "Do you ever listen to T&R?. I listened this morning for the first time and still can't figure out why!"

He said, and I quote, "Worst. Radio. Ever!"

I do wonder how they have a show.

Listened to a lot of NPR this morning! LOL

Old
09-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Anyone listening to T&R? Some pretty funny stuff involving Adolfo, some callers who want him fired, and Wallach's giant head being stolen.

Zo's pretty fired up on twitter over this.
Haha! I just posted about how bad that was! Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
The NFL cares so much they give us these garbage ref's

Bob Kraft losing his wife and deciding he wasn't going to let it happen is the reason the NFL had games, because they were going to have a stopage.

The NFL also cared so much for the sponsers they made sure they would get the tv money regardless if games were played.

Yup, the NFL cares..

Old
09-21-2012, 08:30 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Not a fan of Toucher and Rich in the first place, cuz they think they're funny, but they're not, but I go there from time to time in case they do actually talk sports, which is rare.

This morning was the worst radio I've ever heard. I listened for about 20 seconds and changed it. They were bawling out an intern....riveting!

Went back 15 minutes later, cuz everyone else was on ads, and they were talking about bawling out the intern...worst radio ever!!

A guy I talk sports with at work said, "Do you ever listen to T&R?. I listened this morning for the first time and still can't figure out why!"

He said, and I quote, "Worst. Radio. Ever!"

I do wonder how they have a show.

Listened to a lot of NPR this morning! LOL
You have to know their characters. It wasn't just two guys ripping into an intern, it was Fred and Rich ripping Adolfo. I enjoyed it.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
You have to know their characters. It wasn't just two guys ripping into an intern, it was Fred and Rich ripping Adolfo. I enjoyed it.
Oh, so it's guys like you who encourage their juvenile antics!

Just kidding...glad somebody liked it.

Closed Thread