HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Trade Idea (Tor/Van)

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 09:47 AM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Trade Idea (Tor/Van)

Hey guys. Just curious on a trade proposal. Please feel free to modify trade as you see fit.

Cheers

To Van:
Bozak (3rd line center able to play 2nd if needed, capable of producing 40-50pts)
MacArthur (2nd line winger, capable of producing 50+points
Colborne (Big center with good upside, looking to break into lineup
Franson (top 4 dman with intriuging size and skill)
1st in 2013 (top ten protected)

To Tor:
Kesler (not a true #1 center but capable of filling that role, capable of putting up 65-70pts, and playing an excellent 2 way game.

Last edited by DougGilmour93: 09-21-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old
09-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Lol, why would Vancouver even consider this? Oh, and Franson is not even close to being a top 4 D. On the Canucks, he'd probably be the 7th D.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:49 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Inb4 flame war

Old
09-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

So a #1 Selke winning center for a bunch of inferior players?

Vancouver is an elite team, why would they voluntarily get worse?

I'd edit the proposal a bit before you get flamed.

Old
DougGilmour93

Sorry guys. I realized I forgot an asset. Just let me edit. Thanks

Old
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Hey guys. Just curious on a trade proposal. Please feel free to modify trade as you see fit.

Cheers

To Van:
Bozak (3rd line center able to play 2nd if needed, capable of producing 40-50pts)

To Tor:
Kesler (not a true #1 center but capable of filling that role, capable of putting up 65-70pts, and playing an excellent 2 way game.
Plenty of value there but as a neutral I see no reason whether Canucks would trade quality for quantity especially as they are in a win now mode.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Vankiller Whale
#GetJimBinned

vCash: 1815
Not a snowball's chance in you-know-where.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:57 AM
dave babych returns

No thank you.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Plenty of value there but as a neutral I see no reason whether Canucks would trade quality for quantity especially as they are in a win now mode.
I saw it as they add more depth for their "win now" mode. Bozak is capable of replacing Kesler on the 2nd line (albeit not as dominant), but able to post similar numbers point wise to that of Kesler last year.

MacArthur is capable of scoring timely goals and is a conistient threat.

Franson has all the tools to be that top 4 dman.

Colborne is ready and should be able to contribute.

1st round draft picks are always enticing and worth their weight in gold.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:00 AM
DougGilmour93

Alright guys. What would it take for Kesler than if I am so way off? Not trying to start anything here other than a civilized conversation.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:03 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
I saw it as they add more depth for their "win now" mode. Bozak is capable of replacing Kesler on the 2nd line (albeit not as dominant), but able to post similar numbers point wise to that of Kesler last year.
No he is not. If he was you wouldn't want to give up four (allegedly) valuable assets for such a marginal upgrade.

Quote:
MacArthur is capable of scoring timely goals and is a conistient threat.
Meh. He's not a substantial step up from the offensive potential the Canucks have in about five or six wingers already.

Quote:
Franson has all the tools to be that top 4 dman.
Great, call us when he is one. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
Colborne is ready and should be able to contribute.
The kid's got a high ceiling but could be years away from being a regular contributor (by which I mean a player who impacts the game night in night out, not a rookie who looks great one period and awful the next).

Quote:
1st round draft picks are always enticing and worth their weight in gold.
Yes they are.

Bottom line: if the Canucks were blowing up the team I'd look at this proposal, subtract MacArthuer and Franson and see what of value the Leafs were willing to add instead (think young players with potential, not guys in their mid 20s who've proven they won't seize key roles on their team).

But the Canucks aren't blowing up the team. They wouldn't trade Kesler for anything other than a ludicrous overpayment, and getting into what that might be probably puts us further away from this civilized conversation you're looking for than we are now.

Quote:
Alright guys. What would it take for Kesler than if I am so way off? Not trying to start anything here other than a civilized conversation.
I'll put it this way - the player on the Leafs who is closest to playing the role Ryan Kesler has on the Canucks is Mikhail Grabovski. The Canucks can't part with Kesler without bringing back a player who does most of what he does, so if we're dealing him to the Leafs it has to be for Grabovski and another really significant player that helps our team win right now. Think JVR or Jake Gardiner calibre, not Cody Franson (who might not even be a regular on the Canucks.. has to be better than Bieksa, Garrison or Tanev to do that here) or Clarke MacArthur (who would probably outscore Chris Higgins or Mason Raymond but not by enough to be a major upgrade especially given his higher cap hit).

Old
09-21-2012, 10:04 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
The names Kessel, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Gardiner etc will need to be involved

Old
09-21-2012, 10:09 AM
TurdFerguson

What would it take to get Kesler? Well, first you have to look at Vancouver's needs. They are in need of a top6, preferably a top rw who can play with the Sedins. I understand that Vancouver has a pretty bad prospect pool, but they're really looking at winning now. They also want a #1 Dman (based on all the trade proposals I've seen). I don't think it'll be too civil an environment if you're not looking at trading Kessel or Phaneuf to get Kesler (a guy who Vancouver isn't really interested in trading away anyways).

Old
09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
What would it take to get Kesler? Well, first you have to look at Vancouver's needs. They are in need of a top6, preferably a top rw who can play with the Sedins. I understand that Vancouver has a pretty bad prospect pool, but they're really looking at winning now. They also want a #1 Dman (based on all the trade proposals I've seen). I don't think it'll be too civil an environment if you're not looking at trading Kessel or Phaneuf to get Kesler (a guy who Vancouver isn't really interested in trading away anyways).
I think they likely ask for Kessel.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nothing the Leafs will offer will be enough for Kesler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
You have it correct.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Lol, why would Vancouver even consider this? Oh, and Franson is not even close to being a top 4 D. On the Canucks, he'd probably be the 7th D.
This and what DBR posted.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Cogburn

We take on spare parts, not meant as an insult but they are replaceable parts from Toronto's perspective, for a key piece of our franchise, signed to a terrific deal, while being our best overall player? I don't even have a counter proposal, there is nothing Toronto can offer we'd consider for Kesler.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:37 AM
TSA0402

Brutal for Vancouver.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:38 AM
StringerBell

Even if this was a fair deal for Vancouver, which it's clearly not, do you really think Kesler would waive his NTC to go to Toronto?

Old
09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

the only reason for the Canucks to do this is the hope that they'll Seguin you guys with the first rounder, and you top 10 protect it? i will say that, assets wise, this isn't terrible, but need wise this is pretty bad. the Canucks wont make a trade for the sake of making a trade, especially when they create a GAPING hole at #2 centre.

Old
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

With the basis around Gardiner for Kesler what would leafs need to add?

Old
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
The names Kessel, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Gardiner etc will need to be involved
Add Luongo to the list

Old
09-21-2012, 10:42 AM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
Yup, woulnd't even really be intersted in Phaneuf.

It would have to be something like Kessel (for value) + Bozak (to fill Kesler's role) + 1st/Gardiner (the extra enducement because we don't even want to trade Kesler).

I know that's not something the Leafs would want to do but its what Vancouver would want (given that they actually really need Kesler)...I wouldn't trade Kesler for Kessel straight up, I think Kesler does more to help the team win then Kessel would.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:47 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

Cheers

To Van:
Colborne (Big center with good upside, looking to break into lineup

To Tor:

First off, this isn't the NBA and I don't remember there ever being a trade that included a top 10 protected pick. Maybe I am wrong, but I haven't seen it. If you are afraid your team is going to be bottom 10 then make it a 2nd round pick.

Top whatever protected picks just rub me the wrong way.

Secondly, the Canucks are not the Flames and are not going to make their team worse so that the Leafs can walk away with the better player for a bunch of inferior players and maybes.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:47 AM
BeersHockey

Sorry, but the OP's value is pretty far off. Kesler's value is (realistically) somewhere around what the Kings gave up for Richards. None of the players in the OP are as good as Simmons and none of the prospects are as good (or highly touted) as Schenn. Protecting the pick at top 10 pretty much makes it a nullity, if this is the only move the Leafs are making to improve their team.

Closed Thread