2. The young players on the team.

Therefore:
Swedish hockey in general.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Dosing

vCash: 500
what's important is that players that "will" make the vm team gets an spot somewhere so they can readjust comfortably to big ice.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:35 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
1. The economy of the club.
2. The young players on the team.

Therefore:
1. If you can't, don't. Not hard. Where's the responsibility for your own actions?
2. With two players on average per team, what's the difference from when Hlavac and Hlinka join LHC mid-season? I didn't see the complains when two money-playing Czechs took ice time from young players. Isn't it rather beneficiary to train and play with NHLers?

Cons: Minutes taken away from young players. Economy(?).
Pros: Training with the best. More people going to the arenas. More casual followers and TV/Internet subscriptions sold=More money to the league and clubs.

Last edited by joe89: 09-16-2012 at 05:40 AM.
joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 06:40 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
1. If you can't, don't. Not hard. Where's the responsibility for your own actions?
2. With two players on average per team, what's the difference from when Hlavac and Hlinka join LHC mid-season? I didn't see the complains when two money-playing Czechs took ice time from young players. Isn't it rather beneficiary to train and play with NHLers?

Cons: Minutes taken away from young players. Economy(?).
Pros: Training with the best. More people going to the arenas. More casual followers and TV/Internet subscriptions sold=More money to the league and clubs.
1. If you have to take risks in order to keep up, you have too. Make or break.
2. Hlavac and Hlinka are expected, they already have their spot on the team and their salaries are already considered in LHCs budget.
The economy is really the main thing here. The teams are already built. Increasing player salaries now most likely means you'll end up with a big fat - at the end of the year. And how much would the insurance for the NHL-players cost?

Training with the best, really? I think you benefit quite more from actually playing games. SEL-players practicing harder than NHL-players is not that unusual either. Besides, juniors would probably be playing in J20.

"More people going to the arenas."
I honestly don't belive it would make such a big difference. Maybe for a couple of games, but then it would all go back to depend on the teams performance. I've heard some say it would mean sold out crowds for the entire league, which is a pretty ridiculous statement. Last time the attendence for some teams even sank.

"More casual followers and TV/Internet subscriptions sold=More money to the league and clubs."
Does it even work that way? I'm asking because I have no idea, I thought the tv-contract was a set sum.

The problem here is just that teams who risk going to kvalserien/miss the playoffs want to take the risk while clubs who are satisfied with their teams don't.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:11 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
I just heard it on the radio; Kopitar to Mora! Just wow!

Thread at the King's board:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1260839

This make people care about hockey; talking hockey; see games; send kids to hockey instead of to X - ergo: this is so good for Swedish hockey in general even if some players might be disgruntled.

LiveeviL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 09:34 AM
jfc64

Does Hockeyligan Want To Win The 2013 Home Ice WC?

This one time Hockeyligan should avoid thinking of themselves and their near interests. A handful of players per team are the victims in that scenario. The question is if the benefits of having a limited numbers of NHL:ers could change that. Let the players who are at disadvantage be the beneficiaries of a fund that allows development and education etc. Spectators now and in the future would be better off. Clubs earn money in case the higher revenue from tickets exceeds salaries and insurance to players. A salary roof at 500.000 SEK per month?

Also, Team Sweden would benefit from this. Someone must help Hockeyligan to buy this argument.

Last edited by jfc64: 09-19-2012 at 09:40 AM.
jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:48 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Newspaper Aftonbladet talked to top management representatives of all twelve SEL clubs and asked about the no-lockout-player-agreement. All seem very unified in their view that it's a good agreement, and that they have no other intention than to respect it. Some responses indicate that if the lockout will go on for a long period of time, SEL may re-evaluate the agreement at some later point. My gut feeling is that such a re-evaluation may come at earliest some months away.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15471887.ab

Meanwhile, swedish journalists are doing their best to boost rumors around players interested in playing for SEL clubs. Media is a clear-cut winner if bringing in NHL:ers, of course.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Hockeyfrilla

open the floodgates!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15482440.ab

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Knew all along it wouldn't stand.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Pellegrino

Swedish laws open door for NHL players in SEL

http://www.kkv.se/t/NewsPage____8433.aspx

Quote:
Ishockeyklubbarna måste själva besluta om NHL-spelare

Svenska Hockeyligan förbjuds att hindra sina medlemsklubbar att skriva kontrakt med lockoutade hockeyspelare från NHL. Det har Konkurrensverket beslutat.

Beslutet innebär att ishockeyklubbar som är anslutna till Svenska Hockeyligan AB (Elitserien) själva måste bestämma om de vill skriva kontrakt med lockoutade NHL-spelare eller inte. Det beslut som Hockeyligan tidigare fattat får inte tillämpas. Konkurrensverkets beslut är tillfälligt och gäller till dess att frågan slutligen har avgjorts.

Enligt konkurrensreglerna är ishockeyklubbar att betrakta som företag. Samarbeten mellan företag som hämmar konkurrensen är inte tillåtna.

– Hockeyligans beslut kan liknas vid en kartell. Klubbarnas gemensamma beslut att bojkotta vissa spelare är inte tillåtet enligt konkurrensreglerna, säger Konkurrensverkets chefsjurist Per Karlsson.

Genom Svenska Hockeyligans beslut fråntas respektive klubb möjligheten att agera självständigt i frågan om rekrytering av spelare. Enskilda klubbar måste själva få bestämma vilka spelare de vill skriva kontrakt med.

– Varje klubb måste kunna fatta egna och självständiga beslut om investeringar, säger Per Karlsson.

Konkurrensverkets beslut är interimistiskt, vilket innebär att det gäller tills ett slutligt beslut fattas i frågan. Utredningen inom Konkurrensverket fortsätter. Beslutet är förenat med ett vite om 20 miljoner kronor som kan drabba Hockeyligan om Konkurrensverkets beslut inte följs.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Elite Prospects

Hopefully they will stand behind eachother and not sign any short term contracts until we know how long this lockout is going to last.

Elite Prospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Weide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Prospects View Post
Hopefully they will stand behind eachother and not sign any short term contracts until we know how long this lockout is going to last.
Well Modo and Frölunda already seems to **** this up...

Weide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Elite Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weide View Post
Well Modo and Frölunda already seems to **** this up...
Yep, now all hell's gonna break loose.

Elite Prospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:53 AM
SurMartin

Yup, statements from Rögle, HV and LHC indicated that most seemed content to follow Hockeyligans gentlemens agreement, but Modo just opened the floodgates. Looking at reactions on twitter and hockeyforums they won't exactly be the most popular team this season.

I hope my team won't have to do anything stupid now...

Old
09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
joe89

I'm a fan of the decision, and I count on the clubs to make smart decisions on their own. I can't imagine it being anywhere close to the 70 or so players that came last time, not even during a full lockout.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Everlasting

I can sense another 20 000 000 - in Frölundas economic and maybe a regulation?

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Yabob

Quote:
I'm a fan of the decision, and I count on the clubs to make smart decisions on their own. I can't imagine it being anywhere close to the 70 or so players that came last time, not even during a full lockout.
Probably not... because I'm not sure any team actually have the money to pull this off themselves. And considering the sorry state of the economy in general in the world, especially compared to the last time, the question is what exactly the sponsors can bring in.

And when teams like Frölunda, who have lost 60 million in three years, start talking about bringing in players that will cost millions every month just to insure you start to wonder exactly how smart decisions the teams will make.

But I'm guessing we haven't heard the last about this anyway.

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 02:40 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
Probably not... because I'm not sure any team actually have the money to pull this off themselves. And considering the sorry state of the economy in general in the world, especially compared to the last time, the question is what exactly the sponsors can bring in.

And when teams like Frölunda, who have lost 60 million in three years, start talking about bringing in players that will cost millions every month just to insure you start to wonder exactly how smart decisions the teams will make.

But I'm guessing we haven't heard the last about this anyway.
6500 in attendance vs Växjö, ~7000 against Linköping and Modo. Frölunda can't afford not to sign them. In the end I bet it will bring in a surplus since Henke alone will sell out the arena. And I also bet they won't cost much more then the insurance money, luckily we have quality players to bring home.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
6500 in attendance vs Växjö, ~7000 against Linköping and Modo. Frölunda can't afford not to sign them. In the end I bet it will bring in a surplus since Henke alone will sell out the arena. And I also bet they won't cost much more then the insurance money, luckily we have quality players to bring home.
So youre saying Frölunda will have heavily economic losses without nhlplayers or what?

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 03:07 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
So youre saying Frölunda will have heavily economic losses without nhlplayers or what?
Uhm, yea that was exactly what I said.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Hockeyfrilla

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15485015.ab

Klubbarna går emot – nej till NHL-proffs
”Vi tänker överklaga”

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 03:49 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post

”Vi tänker överklaga”
Is there clarification, can teams sign guys meanwhile or not? This is pretty obviously a 8-4 or 7-5 decision, nowhere near unanimous. Just a mess.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:51 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post

”Vi tänker överklaga”
Quote:
Majoriteten var stor... Vi har inte diskuterat i termer av sanktioner.
Rofl. We'll see lockouted players in Frölunda, Modo, and I'm guessing Brynäs by monday.

Old
09-21-2012, 04:12 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Is there clarification, can teams sign guys meanwhile or not? This is pretty obviously a 8-4 or 7-5 decision, nowhere near unanimous. Just a mess.
There was a vote and "majoriteten var stor", i.e. "the majority was large". Probably something more like 11-2, possibly 10-3. And yes, there are 13 seats in the board, not twelve.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:27 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
There was a vote and "majoriteten var stor", i.e. "the majority was large". Probably something more like 11-2, possibly 10-3. And yes, there are 13 seats in the board, not twelve.
I can read.. Frick is kinda obviously twisting it to sound convincing, maybe more convincing than it is. In a SVT interview, he didn't want to say if all the clubs were on board or not. So I take it they're not, this is "merely" a majority decision, which leads me to ask what can actually be gained here in the end. First he says they all think the same, and then he says each to his own. So what is the appeal actually about? Just so they can say they're right?

http://www.svt.se/sport/ishockey/hoc...gar-nhl-beslut