HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl 13

Old
09-20-2012, 12:15 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
I do dump and chase a lot and have never seen it myself.

I love the hitting this year. If you don't catch them square with a lot of speed, it's going to jostle them, but not send them crashing to the boards on the far end of the rink like last year.
Well, it's when my teammates dump the puck in and I come off the bench in BaP.
No one reacts to the puck until I come within a certain distance of it.

I don't know if it does it even when I'm not coming off the bench because I never dump and chase.
I honestly don't think I ever have in 12 or 13.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 01:53 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Well, it's when my teammates dump the puck in and I come off the bench in BaP.
No one reacts to the puck until I come within a certain distance of it.

I don't know if it does it even when I'm not coming off the bench because I never dump and chase.
I honestly don't think I ever have in 12 or 13.
It doesn't work in 12, but if you work with the system, you can make it work in 13. If you do custom AI, i would imagine it helps even more.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:15 PM
sabrescupbound

I only played a couple of games and I was a great D man in 12. I noticed in 13 playing D stinks. Lifting the stick does nothing because they get it right back. Hitting does nothing. When I tried to poke check, The stick would keep going between the puck and the player. I was getting very frustrated. It's going to be hard to shut down the offense like i could in 12. O, and every time someone would pass it to the point my guy miss it

Last edited by sabrescupbound: 09-20-2012 at 04:22 PM.
sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

I'm looking in to acquiring Sven Bartschi from Calgary in my Sabres franchise. Since Buffalo has a history of jewing the Flames, who should I send to Calgary in return??

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 07:21 AM
PuckSim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
I only played a couple of games and I was a great D man in 12. I noticed in 13 playing D stinks. Lifting the stick does nothing because they get it right back. Hitting does nothing. When I tried to poke check, The stick would keep going between the puck and the player. I was getting very frustrated. It's going to be hard to shut down the offense like i could in 12. O, and every time someone would pass it to the point my guy miss it
Poke Check is going to be your best weapon on D, in addition to making sure you don't get beat with speed around the outside.

You must just not be timing your poke check right or aiming it at the wrong spot. I play D frequently and the poke check works just fine as long as you have your timing right. Poke Checking and chopping definitely works, I'd argue it works a little too well in this game to the point where it's a bit too strong and unrealistic.

PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I play D in 13, started off a little bumpy but im playing it well now. Poke checking is super powerfull and will send the puck flying. I don't chop a lot because I usually get called, but powerful passes work to my adavantage, making breakout passes quick. I usually have to play back though, because the cpu D partner wont do anything.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:20 AM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I'm looking in to acquiring Sven Bartschi from Calgary in my Sabres franchise. Since Buffalo has a history of jewing the Flames, who should I send to Calgary in return??
Leino

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 09:20 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Wow.

In response to your question....TJ Brennan?

Old
09-21-2012, 01:26 PM
CowbellConray

Quote:
Send TJ their way and get a 1st back somehow too

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

The hitting is absolutely terrible in this game. Every hit I find is absolutely massive and guys like Myers and Foligno are getting knocked on their ***** every minute.

Plus the refs never call interference in my game, i'm always being knocked down behind the play and such.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
OkimLom

Bought this yesterday. Started franchise. I told myself I was gonna play with the guys we have but first week in offseason, Anaheim OFFERED me Selanne for Boychuk and 2nd in 2013...I happily accepted.

Playing on superstar, Miller blows, awful five hole, terrible giving up rebounds. 2-1-0 Because of these issues.

Surprisingly Stafford leading the team in goals and Hodgson leading in assists. Ennis with most PIMs

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 02:35 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
The hitting is absolutely terrible in this game. Every hit I find is absolutely massive and guys like Myers and Foligno are getting knocked on their ***** every minute.

Plus the refs never call interference in my game, i'm always being knocked down behind the play and such.
Just turn the CPU aggressiveness down to 1-2 in the sliders and knock CPU hitting power down to 0-1. I find something in that range usually results in a normal amount of hits playing with 8 minute periods.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Playing on superstar, Miller blows, awful five hole, terrible giving up rebounds. 2-1-0 Because of these issues.
For some reason, regardless of rating, Miller always seems to suck. Half the time in NHL12, I bring Enroth in after the first few goals and he ends up doing a considerably better job than Miller did.

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Bought this yesterday. Started franchise. I told myself I was gonna play with the guys we have but first week in offseason, Anaheim OFFERED me Selanne for Boychuk and 2nd in 2013...I happily accepted
The same things have happened tome. Ottawa has essentially begged me to take Alfredsson off their hands. For realism's sake, I can't bring myself to accept it (they've offered Alfie and Gonchar for JGL and Catenacci numerous times).

Game is otherwise great. Gameplay and AI are vastly improved.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 08:16 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
Wow.

Yea, I'm surprised that posting actually slipped by. I thought that kind of stuff is against site rules of some kind.

Shows so much ignorance. Rather sad.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 08:26 PM
DJN21

I have read on multiple different places on the web that the checking slider is broken and you actually need to turn it down(to the left) rather than up(to the right) in order to adjust it in your favor. I have found that if you play on pro and do this you can get back into the 20-30 check range per game...for what thats worth...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Leino for Iginla, Horak, 1st

And people get so angry on OTP... like...overly mad. Frustration is understood, but yelling that you're gonna kill your neighbor..?

Old
09-23-2012, 08:23 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I have read on multiple different places on the web that the checking slider is broken and you actually need to turn it down(to the left) rather than up(to the right) in order to adjust it in your favor. I have found that if you play on pro and do this you can get back into the 20-30 check range per game...for what thats worth...
Really? I turned it down and have been happy with the hitting, though I've started to think it's a bit much. Maybe that's why.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:45 PM
jfb392

They're apparently pushing out a new roster update within 24 hours.
I noticed it when the Edmonton Oil Kings retweeted something about Oilers prospect Mitch Moroz missing and that they're adding him soon.
Hopefully that means they'll fix all of the CHL rosters.

One thing I bet they won't fix is Anthony Duclair being a right shot when he's clearly a left shot:

For whatever reason, the Q says he's a rightie too, but he's definitely not.

Old
09-24-2012, 09:38 PM
jfb392

Roster update is out.

Literally the only change looks to be that they added Mitch Moroz.
Nothing else.

I paid $60 for this ****?

Old
09-25-2012, 05:32 PM
DJN21

I usually just shrug off the trade proposals that are offered between every single game but I had to share the last two I recieved:

My 2nd, Armia and Foligno
for
Kuba

and

My 1st, Foligno, Tropp
for
Elias

LOL, got a good chuckle out of those two.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

You know your team sucks when the defenseman is the only one getting goals. got a 6-2 L.

Old
09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
You know your team sucks when the defenseman is the only one getting goals. got a 6-2 L.
haha I hear you through like my first 4 games the only ones that could score were Robyn and Leopold...it was sucky, I couldnt even get a shot away with vanek or pominville. I adjusted my sliders a bit, and Myers suddenly became a beast lol.

Anyone else frustrated with the quick cut scenes after the play which make it basically impossible to fight after a play aka fight without getting an instigator since ive yet to have the cpu engage me?

Old
09-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
haha I hear you through like my first 4 games the only ones that could score were Robyn and Leopold...it was sucky, I couldnt even get a shot away with vanek or pominville. I adjusted my sliders a bit, and Myers suddenly became a beast lol.

Anyone else frustrated with the quick cut scenes after the play which make it basically impossible to fight after a play aka fight without getting an instigator since ive yet to have the cpu engage me?
I meant online, having no problem offline haha xD

Old
09-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Line change / hip check glitch:

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote