HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Idea (Tor/Van)

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
OP this isn't NHL 11,12,13...etc this is real life!

Old
09-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Sundinisagod
@snizzbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
So you think a top 5 pick a 2nd and a 2nd line center get you another 2nd line center.

Way off IMO.

Grabo + 2nd + ?? (definetely not our best prospect)
Kesler is an #1 center.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:02 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Kesler is an #1 center.
On the Leafs yes he would.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Oates2Neely

Kesler (despite his diving antics) is a dynamite player. Imo he is very capable of being a 1st line center on many teams. Vancouver would be silly to trade him but for an upgrade elsewhere. He is a key piece of the Nucks team (similar to Bergeron in Boston). You just don't trade guys like that, they are extremely valuable beyond their point totals.

& I hate the Canucks, but truth is truth, Kesler is a top notch player in this league.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

vCash: 50
Why the hell would the Canucks trade Kesler? He's all but untouchable. He had an off-year last season, yes, with too much whining and diving and not enough scoring and hard-nosed grinding, but it was just that, an off-year, and he'll return to form next season (whenever that ends up being).

Old
09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
I MIGHT consider Lupul for Kesler.....
I'm sure you would. What part of the Canucks are happy with Kesler, in win now mode, and have no reason to move him do some Leaf fans not get??? You do understand English, right? It would probably have to be Grabo+++(pieces like Gardiner, Reilly, etc) to even get Van on the phone.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

The OP needs to stop being so biased. The Bruins fan in this thread hits the nail on the head. Vancouver is a contender, Kesler is a key reason why, the Canucks wouldn't trade hime for anyone on the Leafs roster, not even Kessel. Kesler just fills a bigger need than Kessel does in Vancouver. Kesler wont be traded unless Vancouver ****s the bed this year and we start considering a rebuild.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:24 PM
DougGilmour93

I'm not the only one being biased...lol

Old
09-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
What, other than your own personal bias, do you have to back this up? I actually provided reasoning for my viewpoint :

- similar offensive numbers, considering Kesler has 2nd line minutes and Kessel 1st line minutes, means offensively Kesler is at least on par with Kessel
- the defensive, PK, and physical sides of the game are all VERY in favour of Kesler
- center > winger, especially since this trade would create a hole for Vanouver while filling Toronto's biggest hole
- they have no reason or desire to trade Kesler

I'm still waiting for a legitimate argument from you. And again, I say this all as not only not a Kesler or Canucks fan, but someone who greatly dislikes them.

So... Reilley?
Speaking purely about their offense.

No it does not. Ryan Kesler scored 41 goals the season before this one. Phil Kessel has never had a 40 goal season, does that mean Kesler is a better goalscorer?

When you make statements like the above you leave people like me to assume that you simply compare point totals to come to a conclusion whether Player A is better than Player B.

Please elaborate "second line minutes" as Kesler has always had the higher TOI/G than Kessel throughout their careers.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
No, but you're the one that proposed a very, very, very biased trade. At least when our guys say "we wouldn't do that", the less biased fans of other organizations agree.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:30 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Kesler played like a man possessed when he netted 41. Do people expect him to duplicate that number?

Old
09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Well, you made the OP, in which you considered nothing about the Canucks(win now mode, don't need to move Kesler, needs) and then asked Canuck fans what they thought it would take.

Quote:
Alright guys. What would it take for Kesler than if I am so way off? Not trying to start anything here other than a civilized conversation.
They have told you the asking price, yet all you do is go around and throw out even more horrible proposals. You've been told the price. If you don't like it, fine. The Canucks have no reason to trade Kesler barring massive overpayment. Something you don't seem to get...Even fans of other teams are telling you this. I'm an Avs fan, I hate the Canucks. So yeah... I think you and some of your fellow Leaf fans are the only biased ones here.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
No you are not but you were the one who started this thread. I don't know what you hoped to accomplish from this proposal because it never made any sense to begin with. Vancouver being a contender would never trade Kesler seeing as they have no one close to replacing him.

Seeing as there is no way you could possibly make a proposal that can appease both sides, perhaps the best move is to request a lock as this thread really will not amount to any worthwhile discussion.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Kesler played like a man possessed when he netted 41. Do people expect him to duplicate that number?
Maybe, maybe not. But he has proven he is capable of hitting the 40+ mark. My guess is the Canucks organization isn't relying on Kesler scoring 40+ goals. They rely on him to anchor their 2nd line. They rely on him to shut down the opposing teams' top line, night in and night out,, all while contributing offensively. They expect him to be a responsible centerman at both ends of the ice. He is also relied upon to be their key Penalty killing forward. He fills that role perfectly & then some. So wether Kesler scores 25 goals, or 41 goals, it's his other attributes that make him an important piece of the Canucks team.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Value-wise, how does Kulemin+Grabovski for Kesler+ lower of Higgins/Hansen look value-wise?

Old
09-21-2012, 03:15 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Value-wise, how does Kulemin+Grabovski for Kesler+ lower of Higgins/Hansen look value-wise?
Not good. As many Canucks fans said earlier in this thread dealing Kesler alone would probably require Grabovski and another key player for the Leafs coming back.

Kulemin isn't that player so I see no reason why the Canucks would add either Higgins or Hansen.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
The incentive to go from Kesler to Grabovski would have to be greater than a guy that scored 7 goals last year. Kulemin's value is quite low, it really does not make sense dealing him as he won't fetch nearly as much as your suggested proposal.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Bad. Without Higgins/Hansen its an easy no. With them... it's even worse.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:42 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I think there is enough evidence to close this bad boy up. We gave it a try though, eh?

Closed Thread