HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Swedish laws open door for NHL players in SEL

Old
09-21-2012, 03:45 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...larna-tillats/

There we go, still open season for signings. They want to make it a case of principles(future decisions?) and that's basically all that can be gained here.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...tserieklubbar/

And Steen is already signed.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:06 PM
icing

Now there seems to be prestige in this, and if things turn ugly I guess we can see other stuff being addressed to "KKV".

Who know? Maybee someone decide - ******* it, let's sign 5 Canadians and play them all.

Interesting fact. Kalle Bodéns brother Henrik is on the MODO board. hmm.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Who know? Maybee someone decide - ******* it, let's sign 5 Canadians and play them all.
That would be awesome! Such a BS limit.

Quote:
Kalle Bodén is a huge jerk.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:32 PM
joe89

Quote:
Now there seems to be prestige in this, and if things turn ugly I guess we can see other stuff being addressed to "KKV".

If Modo can afford it, they will. This is not the first time Modo says "eff it" either, 94/95 they were the ones starting to rebel aswell.

Old
09-21-2012, 04:41 PM
KRM

Quote:
– Vi får avvakta och se lite hur våra kollegor uppträder på marknaden, säger Hans-Göran Frick i HV 71.

– Jag kan inte se i dag någon behov för HV 71 att plocka in någonting, men är det så att kollegorna uppträder på ett annat sätt och inte står bakom tidigare fattade beslut – då är det klart att vi måste ompröva vårt ställningstagande.
This is too good to be true, history is repeating it self. HV are stubborn and looks like they'll again be too late to the party.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:57 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
This is too good to be true, history is repeating it self. HV are stubborn and looks like they'll again be too late to the party.
It's not just HV, everyone seems to want to honor the agreement except Modo and Frölunda.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 05:45 PM
icing

And what's to stop KKV to continue by the attacking transfer agrements, and other stuff? You can't change employer after 31st of januar? MODO wants to reinforce the team during the playoff, excuse me I meant relegation playoff....KKV to the rescue?

HL really needs to appeal this to sort things out, this is not just concerning lockout-players anymore.

Old
09-21-2012, 05:52 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
2.600 souls came to see Patrik Berglund play tonight.
What enormous attraction to the crowds these NHL:ers have...it's amazing

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 05:54 PM
icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
I guess Tomas Ros was there with a boner?

Old
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
romelson

Quote:
I guess Tomas Ros was there with a boner?
He was? The number of attending souls should be reduced by one then.

Old
09-21-2012, 07:48 PM
gaven

Quote:
And what's to stop KKV to continue by the attacking transfer agrements, and other stuff? You can't change employer after 31st of januar? MODO wants to reinforce the team during the playoff, excuse me I meant relegation playoff....KKV to the rescue?

HL really needs to appeal this to sort things out, this is not just concerning lockout-players anymore.
Transfer windows and non-EES player limit are set by Svenska Hockeyförbundet, not Hockeyligan. That's the big difference in terms of the legislation: had Hockeyförbundet instituted the ban on lockout players on all national leagues it would have been a completely different story since the same law can't be applied on them.

There would still be legal recourses to challenge such a ban, remember Bosman who brought down the entire system set up by both international and national bodies of football, but it could not be done using the competition legislation.

gaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Quote:
Uhm, yea that was exactly what I said.
Then you should be aware the the problem is the management, now nhl players or not. NHLplayers wont solve that.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
If Modo can afford it, they will. This is not the first time Modo says "eff it" either, 94/95 they were the ones starting to rebel aswell.
MoDo ought to be careful. There's been rumblings about their economy for quite some time.

All in all though, this decision was expected. It was a clear violation of the competition laws, and thus it can't stand. This is the weakness in these type of cartel-like arrangements, one or two parts of the deal will have the incentive to cheat a little to earn a bit more, and thus it all falls in the end, leading to a chaotic, turbulent mess.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:43 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Even if I don't expect Berglund to draw the masses on the road, it wasn't known he was gonna play until the official line-ups came roughly an hour before the game. Poor example of whether attendances will be affected or not. I think Kopitar will be much more interesting and exotic to Swedish crowds, the Berglunds and Steens are dime a dozen to people except for Västerås and MoDo fans.

Old
09-22-2012, 09:42 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Then you should be aware the the problem is the management, now nhl players or not. NHLplayers wont solve that.
Should I?

Old
09-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Should I?
Unless you dont have the ability to think, then i guess you shoudlnt. Having more attendence then most teams in SEL and yet have huge economic losses just means that they need to cut the salarays, ALOT. Not get better players.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:10 AM
KRM

Quote:
Unless you dont have the ability to think, then i guess you shoudlnt. Having more attendence then most teams in SEL and yet have huge economic losses just means that they need to cut the salarays, ALOT. Not get better players.
Oh wow.

Mail in your résumé to the team economy department won't you, I'm sure your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated!

Old
09-22-2012, 10:50 AM
icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaven View Post
Transfer windows and non-EES player limit are set by Svenska Hockeyförbundet, not Hockeyligan. That's the big difference in terms of the legislation: had Hockeyförbundet instituted the ban on lockout players on all national leagues it would have been a completely different story since the same law can't be applied on them.

There would still be legal recourses to challenge such a ban, remember Bosman who brought down the entire system set up by both international and national bodies of football, but it could not be done using the competition legislation.
Yeah, I know the federation is behind the transfer window and the non eu player limit. But if a team or a player really went against it, or if a player agent (lets call him Kalle Bodén) saw a payday behind the 31st of january. What would happen? What rules and commitments can HL be certain off? Is HL in itself illegal?

I don't know, but I would like to know. And I guees HL wanna find out by appealing.

By the way, why would the law not apply on the federation?

Last edited by icing: 09-22-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Oh wow.

Mail in your résumé to the team economy department won't you, I'm sure your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated!
Yeah, you're right, lets trust those really good people who knows what they are doing and havent lost 40 000 000 sek the last 2 years

Old
09-22-2012, 12:12 PM
canuckster19
Former CDC Mod

I was speaking to a former sm liiga and elitesrie player yesterday and he said he didn't feel like they were losing their jobs, he said it was the most enjoyable year of his career

canuckster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:27 PM
KRM

Quote:
Yeah, you're right, lets trust those really good people who knows what they are doing and havent lost 40 000 000 sek the last 2 years
You still don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Old
09-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Yabob

Quote:

And when you think about it it's not just about hockey and Hockeyligan anymore, but basically any sport and/or league.

And speaking of the board and voting.... remember how people used to complain about the fact that it was hard for Hockeyligan to make decisions because it required that everyone agreed? Now that everyone agreeing is not required anymore people seem upset about the fact that the majority can force decisions upon the minority.

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckster19 View Post
I was speaking to a former sm liiga and elitesrie player yesterday and he said he didn't feel like they were losing their jobs, he said it was the most enjoyable year of his career
It's never really been about players "losing" their jobs. It may have been spun that way but in reality this is a battle between the clubs who haven't produced any NHL stars and those that have.

Most of the clubs are against locked out NHL players in Elitserien because allowing it would mean they'd have to sign expensive contracts just to keep up with the minority of clubs who'll get NHL stars playing for them for nominal sums.

Franck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:32 PM
romelson

I know the coach isnt the official spokesperson for a club, and I know there may be a certain aspect of keeping an official policy, while having a different one behind the stage. However I thought Frölunda coach Kenta Johanssons statement still was interesting. "We, in Frölunda, stand behind the decision that has been made". He also says no NHL will be in their lineup tomorrow.

http://norran.se/hockeybloggen/?ifra...an.se/?p=34808

I was expecting Frölunda & Modo to start using their NHLers very soon. But whats halting them now? Or is Modo doing it, but not Frölunda??

Old
09-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Kloparren
Hth

I read something from Aftonbladet that Steen/Enstrom are probably gonna be in the lineup on Tuesday with Brynas once the paper-work is done?

Of course there's no actual Swedish hockey blog in English so I was using google translate and could be completely wrong.

In regards to the players taking jobs thing....let's be real. It's a small amount and they're probably displacing 17-19 yr olds who are gonna play for J20 or something. Plus it has to be exciting in Europe right now because every day is like NHL Free Agency day for some teams.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote