*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 02:04 PM
tourlord*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Clark, while tough, isn't the toughest in the league. He's one of the best pound-for-pound fighters, but there are guys who can do a number on him if they really want.
What hockey have you been watching? I must have seenClark fight twelve guys last season and only guy gave the guy a hard time and it was Mcguire, go figure... Nobody Clarks size will go near him. Nobody. Hes forced to fight guys bigger than him. He's on Oshawa, number 32. Watch him one game.

Last edited by tourlord*: 09-18-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old
09-18-2012, 02:25 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
What hockey have you been watching? I must have seenClark fight twelve guys last season and only guy gave the guy a hard time and it was Mcguire, go figure... Nobody Clarks size will go near him. Nobody. Hes forced to fight guys bigger than him. He's on Oshawa, number 32. Watch him one game.
Why do people insist on saying "what hockey have you been watching?" I don't get it.

As for his fights...

Dundas gave him a helluva fight, and beat him, in Oshawa.

There's zero question, he's a helluva tough kid and I'd love to have him here. To say he's the toughest, though, when you have guys like McGuire, Zweep, Mathers, Bilcke, etc around, I can't agree.

Last edited by OHLTG: 09-18-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old
09-19-2012, 10:13 PM
mooseiamcdn

The last cut is the deepest, Clark traded to Windsor

Check it out - http://www.ourhometowngennies.ca/2012/09/19/

Old
09-20-2012, 02:32 AM
mooseiamcdn

Oshawa Generals Game Day

Check out my analysis on this year's team:

http://ourhometowngennies.ca/2012/09...rals-game-day/

Old
09-20-2012, 10:41 PM
jwalk

Gennies rated Top 10 in the country. Wow ! Somebody's smokin' somethin' but its nice to get a little respect :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Quebec Remparts
2 Edmonton Oil Kings
3 London Knights
4 Portland Winterhawks
5 Kitchener Rangers
6 Halifax Mooseheads
7 Plymouth Whalers
8 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
9 Saskatoon Blades
10 Oshawa Generals

Old
09-20-2012, 11:42 PM
mooseiamcdn

Quote:
Nice job man
Thanks much! I hope you will keep reading my future articles. Through OurHometown.ca, I will be submitting regular articles on the Gennies all season long.

In addition to the post game summaries (coming here shortly), watch for some player interest pieces too.

I will be posting a goaltender analysis piece on our young goaltenders later this weekend.

Cheers,
Dean

Old
09-21-2012, 12:52 AM
mapleleaf979

Biggs stuck up for the rookie Dal Colle tonight after he was hit by Petes Clark Seymour. Stepped in and fought. I like what i see from Biggs.

Old
09-21-2012, 01:14 AM
mooseiamcdn

Generals down Petes 5 - 2 to ruin Peterborough home opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Biggs stuck up for the rookie Dal Colle tonight after he was hit by Petes Clark Seymour. Stepped in and fought. I like what i see from Biggs.
Check out my article where I agree with you -- I identified this trait as an important one for the entire team to follow if the guys want to be successful going forward:

http://ourhometowngennies.ca/2012/09...h-home-opener/

Old
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Good to know. I know very little about the type of game Biggs plays, or what he can bring to the table. Can't wait to get the season going.

Last edited by tourlord*: 09-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old
09-21-2012, 05:07 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I thought Laughton was fantastic last night. That line of Lessio / Laughton / Jenner is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I don't know about anyone else, but Laughton's game is really starting to shape up nice since the second half of last year. Honestly, as much as the comparisons to Richards to Doan seems to follow him, I really thought he played like a more physical version of Logan Couture.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:36 AM
mooseiamcdn

Late Surge Not Enough, Gens fall to Wolves

Check out the Gens from Friday.
Their record is now 1 - 1 - 0.

http://ourhometowngennies.ca/2012/09...o-sudbury-4-2/

Old
09-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I thought Laughton was fantastic last night. That line of Lessio / Laughton / Jenner is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I don't know about anyone else, but Laughton's game is really starting to shape up nice since the second half of last year. Honestly, as much as the comparisons to Richards to Doan seems to follow him, I really thought he played like a more physical version of Logan Couture.

If he turns out to be that player that would be, well, fantastic. Scott does fit the "Flyers" mold. What I saw at the rookie camp was unreal. I mean what a pitbull around the net. Good luck this year to the team and better yet Scott.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
jwalk

Quote:
Good to know. I know very little about the type of game Biggs plays, or what he can bring to the table. Can't wait to get the season going.
Biggs looks like he's not afraid to go the dirty areas to bang in the garbage goals.He seems tohave a bit of chemistry with Dal Colle. His skating looks like it could use some improvement. It's early days yet but you get the sense that after his stay in junior he may require some time in the A before he's ready for the NHL.

The team looked absolutely dominant gainst the Petes on Friday, and appear to be the class of the division at this point.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:09 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
Biggs looks like he's not afraid to go the dirty areas to bang in the garbage goals.He seems tohave a bit of chemistry with Dal Colle. His skating looks like it could use some improvement. It's early days yet but you get the sense that after his stay in junior he may require some time in the A before he's ready for the NHL.

The team looked absolutely dominant gainst the Petes on Friday, and appear to be the class of the division at this point.
Interesting. Good to know. I had a feeling Biggs would be sort of like a skillful pest. I see Biggs being able to throw big hits and stand up for a teammates when needed, but I also feel like he can create some chemistry and put the puck in the net when need be. After hearing what you had to say I'm really excited to see the Gennies now! Anyways, thanks for the news. and keep in touch.

Last edited by tourlord*: 10-04-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old
10-04-2012, 12:23 PM
mooseiamcdn

Quote:
Interesting. Good to know. I had a feeling Biggs would be sort of like a skillful pest. I see Biggs being able to throw big hits and stand up for a teammates when needed, but I also feel like he can create some chemistry and put the puck in the net when need be. After hearing what you had to say I'm really excited to see the Gennies now! Anyways, thanks for the news. and keep in touch.
To be honest with both tourlord and jwalk, the entire line of Biggs, MDC and Jenner are totally in-sync with one another. They look like they've been playing on the same line together for years.

Being a season ticket holder in Oshawa for the past eight years, I truly feel this year's team has the right pieces (with a few additional ones to be added down the road) to get them into the opening round of the playoffs and beyond!

I hope to bring some insightful thoughts as the year goes on. Feel free to follow me on OurHometown.ca or directly at my own site at http://ourhometowngennies.ca/

Thanks guys,

Old
10-05-2012, 11:49 PM
TuckerFan1

Went to my first game of the season tonight. The boys are looking good this year! Didnt play so well for the first and second, but holy they lit it up in the 3rd. Was surprised at the amount of fights compared to games when the petes are in town. Moose is right, that Biggs, Jenner, and MDC line is incredible. I really think this is gonna be a good season.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:15 AM
mooseiamcdn

Jenner-als Jilt Frontenacs 6 - 4

Check out the game summary at www.ourhometowngennies.ca

Old
10-08-2012, 10:01 PM
mapleleaf979

Dal Colle has an excellent hockey IQ. He reads the play extremely well. He has surpassed my expectations of him and has adapted easier than alot of the 96 born players this year.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:05 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Dal Colle has an excellent hockey IQ. He reads the play extremely well. He has surpassed my expectations of him and has adapted easier than alot of the 96 born players this year.
I'd have to say that of this year's draft class McDavid and Dalcolle have stood out me the most and having watched both of them they've adapted quite well already.

Old
10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
mooseiamcdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I'd have to say that of this year's draft class McDavid and Dalcolle have stood out me the most and having watched both of them they've adapted quite well already.
You're right! Dal Colle has been unbelievable so far this season for Oshawa. He's playing on Oshawa's top line with Jenner and Biggs and has looked very strong and confident.

He has no fear in getting his nose dirty in the corners and is strong on the puck. He scored a beautiful goal on Monday afternoon... www.ourhometowngennies.ca
or www.ourhometown.ca/sports/eastman

Old
10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

How has the play of Scott Laughton been?
Thanks

Old
10-09-2012, 02:04 PM
NHL Fanatic

Dal Colle has so much upside, I like that the coach is showing confidence in him early on this season. He will only thrive as the season wears on.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:43 PM
KnightsInsider93

Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds GM Kyle Dubas was in Oshawa taking in the Bulls Vs. Generals game on Monday. Cooking up a big trade brought on by the news of Ryan Sprouls 6-8 week injury?

Old
10-09-2012, 10:30 PM
mooseiamcdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
How has the play of Scott Laughton been?
Thanks
Through the first six games this season, Laughton has been very consistent, game in, game out.

While some pundits will say he needs to work on his skating, he is a deceptively good stick handler and can make some defensemen look foolish as he barrels down on them coming across the blueline towards the opposing netminder.

Laughton possesses a very hard slap shot and is hard to knock off the puck. Laughton always gives 110% on every shift.

Laughton plays a strong two-way game and is extremely effective on the PK unit. He is a 0 +/- which says alot for his line as Oshawa has been guilty of taking alot of selfish penalties to date in this young season.

Laughton is one tough ombre. I still remember his first OHL fight from a couple of years ago against Reid Jackman of the Peterborough Petes. Jackman was the larger of the two, but Laughton never backed down and while Laughton started the fight with a flurry of rights, he kept the tempo going with an equivalent flurry of lefts to win the fight.

Laughton does not fight on a regular basis, but will not back down if invited to dance.

The Flyers have drafted a real gem in Laughton. He plays 'in your face' type of hockey and regularly delivers bone crushing hits.

Scott Laughton is a good role model for other teammates to learn from. While I have yet to interview him, I have heard from other journalists that Laughton is a very polite and respectable young man. He is good for the game of hockey.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dean

www.OurHometownGennies.ca
www.OurHometown.ca

Old
10-10-2012, 12:59 PM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
From what I've seen so far I would agree with you. It looks like the Gennies made a great pick in Dal Colle.

Closed Thread