HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Buf

Old
09-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Getz2perry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Not trading Grigorenko for a 27 year old impending UFA.And the whole well Anaheim could have taken him but didn't act is funny, because Anaheim SHOULD have taken Grigorenko, instead of reach on a prospect not nearly as good.
Based off what? or you just spewing out bs?

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 01:33 PM
pigpen65

Ducks fans aren't going for this are they? From a Sabres fan, HELL YES. If Getzlaf could be resigned the offer would go way up too.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 02:54 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
And the whole well Anaheim could have taken him but didn't act is funny, because Anaheim SHOULD have taken Grigorenko, instead of reach on a prospect not nearly as good.
Based off Buffalo's history of success they clearly know better than all other organizations.

BruinsNeedaRussian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 03:42 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Based off Buffalo's history of success they clearly know better than all other organizations.
Good work saying Buffalo and not just the Sabres

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Not trading Grigorenko for a 27 year old impending UFA.And the whole well Anaheim could have taken him but didn't act is funny, because Anaheim SHOULD have taken Grigorenko, instead of reach on a prospect not nearly as good.
6 months later and Lindholm is a POS right?

The Ducks have been one of the best drafting team for the last like 4 years. I have no worries. I obviously would have loved to get a legit #1 center in the draft but I will wait more then 6 months to criticize.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 06:21 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
6 months later and Lindholm is a POS right?

The Ducks have been one of the best drafting team for the last like 4 years. I have no worries. I obviously would have loved to get a legit #1 center in the draft but I will wait more then 6 months to criticize.
Seems like there'll be plenty of chances for that next year, even perhaps outside of the top 10-15 picks.
tbh though, I loved that we snagged Grigs at 12th and would definitely hesitate to trade him for a pending UFA.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:05 PM
rockinghockey

Getz has not put up the numbers in the last few years. Plus you would have to pay him big money. I see Getz as a number 2C at this time and would still cost 1C money.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:27 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Getz has not put up the numbers in the last few years. Plus you would have to pay him big money. I see Getz as a number 2C at this time and would still cost 1C money.
What?

Maybe head over to NHL.com and look up the stats, he had an off year last year, but the last few years?

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
The year before last season he put up 76 points in 67 games... idk where your getting your stats from or how much more you expect from a 1c.

1.13 points per game

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
So 1 bad season now counts as the last few years? Prior to last season, he had posted 4 consecutive PPG seasons. Even including his down season, he's still a PPG player when averaging it over his last 5 seasons. There are exactly 14 other players in all of hockey who averaged a PPG over the past 5 seasons. I posted the link to show those stats earlier in this thread. Your statements show that you haven't looked beyond last season.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Come again? Since taking over as the #1 center in Anaheim, Getzlaf has put up a point per game in every season, save this last one. 2010-2011 he put up 76 points in 67 games. The year before that was 69 points in 66 games. The season before that was 91 points in 81 games. And the season before that was 82 points in 77 games. In every sense of the word that is a player "putting up numbers", and pretty damn good ones at that.

He's had one poor season. One. If you consider those numbers to be those of a number 2 center, I'd absolutely love to see the numbers a #1 center puts up. How many are there in the NHL? 3? Maybe 4?

Also, to the person who thinks Gaustad could put up similar numbers to Getzlaf with the same players, you're just embarassing yourself. There is zero evidence to support that. You're criticizing a great playmaker because... he gets results? That's a new one for me.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Strange argument. What about the other teams that passed on Grigorenko? Doesn't it seem a bit arrogant to assume you know better than, hmm, how many scouts? Not to mention you're dismissing a prospect you know little to nothing about, and likely have never seen. Lindholm might have been a late riser, but he's done nothing but impress.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
Getzlaf brings more to the table than Gausted ever could. I highly doubt Gausted would ever reach the numbers has made the past three season. Just to add of why we will keep Getzlaf is the reason that he is improving his numbers every single season till last season. Once we got rid of the Carlye system his numbers have improved. I expect him to get back to where he was two season ago and hopefully improve once more. There is no reason Buff and Ana would be trading partners as we both need the same thing.
The bolded is just not true. It was quite the opposite. His production under Boudreau dropped from where it had been under Carlyle for the season. Ditto for Fowler and Perry. I expect Boudreau to make adjustments, but Anaheim's improvement took place at the other end of the ice. They cleaned things up a bit defensively, and Hiller turned things around after a pretty horrid start for him.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:57 AM
HiddenInLight

Holy derp batman! Seriously some people here....

Honestly, both sides on this argument have put up some doozies in reguards to stupid statements. Getzlaf IS a number one center, and IS a big part of Perry and Ryan's success. I think when removing Getzlaf from the equation, and maybe replacing him with a Derek Roy, or a Paul Statsny type player, (a bottom line number one/very good number two) you'd see an improvement in points from the center and a slight decrease from the wings. But using Paul Gaustad is just rediculous.

As for Grigs.....he is a top prospect. Period. The only reason he fell was because of some stupid idea that he wanted to play in the KHL. Since then, he has made it quite clear he does not wish to play there. Not to mention an untimely hit of Mono didn't help him either. He SHOULD have been a top pick, and at one point WAS fighting with Yakupov for number one. BUT this was a very defensively focused draft, and a few top players DID drop in favor of less talanted defensemen. I remember being shocked at a few of them.

All that pushed aside, this deal doesn't happen. At least not as things stand right now. I think it only goes down under a few circomstances:

1: Next year around draft time, IF the season is cancelled OR if the ducks have another bad year and decide that maybe starting a rebuild wouldn't be such a bad idea.

2: Grigorenko continues to look very good in Quebec

3: Remove the other player from ANA's side, and swap out Adam for a more valuable piece, maybe a better prospect or a pick.

Even with these conditions I think both teams are still iffy on it for the following reasons:

ANA: Are they truely ready to move on from Getzlaf, into full blown rebuild mode?

BUF: Is Grigs++ really worth a guy who may never play a single game for you?

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:19 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Holy derp batman! Seriously some people here....

Honestly, both sides on this argument have put up some doozies in reguards to stupid statements. Getzlaf IS a number one center, and IS a big part of Perry and Ryan's success. I think when removing Getzlaf from the equation, and maybe replacing him with a Derek Roy, or a Paul Statsny type player, (a bottom line number one/very good number two) you'd see an improvement in points from the center and a slight decrease from the wings. But using Paul Gaustad is just rediculous.

As for Grigs.....he is a top prospect. Period. The only reason he fell was because of some stupid idea that he wanted to play in the KHL. Since then, he has made it quite clear he does not wish to play there. Not to mention an untimely hit of Mono didn't help him either. He SHOULD have been a top pick, and at one point WAS fighting with Yakupov for number one. BUT this was a very defensively focused draft, and a few top players DID drop in favor of less talanted defensemen. I remember being shocked at a few of them.

All that pushed aside, this deal doesn't happen. At least not as things stand right now. I think it only goes down under a few circomstances:

1: Next year around draft time, IF the season is cancelled OR if the ducks have another bad year and decide that maybe starting a rebuild wouldn't be such a bad idea.

2: Grigorenko continues to look very good in Quebec

3: Remove the other player from ANA's side, and swap out Adam for a more valuable piece, maybe a better prospect or a pick.

Even with these conditions I think both teams are still iffy on it for the following reasons:

ANA: Are they truely ready to move on from Getzlaf, into full blown rebuild mode?

BUF: Is Grigs++ really worth a guy who may never play a single game for you?
I thought he dropped because scouts thought he floated too much. Is that inaccurate?

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I thought he dropped because scouts thought he floated too much. Is that inaccurate?
It's true, but even then he'd be the best player on the ice most nights.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:31 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Not really that he "floated" (he does actually backcheck, sometimes PKs, etc.), just that many thought he wasn't going at 100%. However Grigs at 75% was still the best player on the ice when he was healthy.
And from the couple games he's played so far this season, that's still true. He makes Quebec's PP go, has looked solid defensively, and looks like he got stronger over the summer.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Unless the ducks are going for a full on rebuild, I doubt this happens. Also the trade has to make sure getz resigns.