HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

vCash: 500
2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

I figured I start up a Monarchs thread since they appear to be the closest thing we'll have to Kings hockey for a while.

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else but according the Monarchs twitter/facebook Marc-Andre Cliche, Richard Clune, Thomas Hickey, Andrew Campbell, and Jake Muzzin are all expected to report to Monarchs camp on September 27th. This would mean all of them singed or are expected to sign AHL contracts with the Monarchs so they can play during the lockout.

via twitter

Quote:
Manchester Monarchs ‏@MonarchsHockey

I have confirmation that Campbell, Cliche, Clune, Hickey and Muzzin are expected to be in Manchester for the #Monarchs Training Camp!

Monarchs open the season Oct. 12th at Providence Bruins 4:05pm PT.

Manchester Monarchs Schedule:

http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/pd...l_Schedule.pdf

Potential line-ups (really just a depth chart)

Tanner Pearson - Andrei Loktionov* - Tyler Toffoli
Marc Andre- Cliche- Linden Vey - Jordan Nolan
Nikolay Prokhorkin* - Jordan Weal - Brandon Kozun
Richard Clune - Andy Andreoff - Stefan Legein
David Meckler - Robbie Czarnik - Brain O'Neill
Justin Johnson

Jake Muzzin - Slava Voynov
Thomas Hickey - Andrew Campbell
Andrew Bodnarchuk - David Kolomatis
Nicolas Deslauriers

Martin Jones
J.F. Berube

* = Loktionov and Prokhorkin both have KHL contract disputes.

Loktionov has reportedly singed a contract with a KHL team, but he has also been assigned to the Monarchs by the Kings prior to the lock out. Still no word on what the Kings plan to do about this, as Loktionov could be in violation of his contract with the Kings.

Prokhorkin signed a 3 year ELC contract with the Kings and was assigned to the Monarchs prior to the lock out. There is a dispute with the KHL that he may have still a valid contract with his KHL team and must play there. Dispute maybe resolved next week.

You can listen Monarchs game for free at:

http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/ho...?track=forward

You can chop off your arms and legs and sell them so you can watch the games online at:

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 09-27-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old
09-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 383
The AHL , the At work Hockey League!

Go Monarchs!

Old
09-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Who goes to Ontario?

Old
09-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Johnny Utah

Did the Monarchs not re-sign Justin Johnson? Guess they don't have a heavyweight anymore.

Old
09-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Ollie Weeks

No Kyle Clifford?

Old
09-21-2012, 02:00 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Has Dwight King earned a pass from the AHL now as well? Like dude said above, where's Clifford? He'd benefit from some AHL time. Scott Parse should offer to play at Manch for free to work off some of some of what he got paid out over the past few years.

Old
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Johnny Utah

I thought in some earlier threads this summer Dwight King and Kyle Clifford would be waiver eligible so they cannot go to Manchester...they would have to sign AHL contracts only? Correct me if I am wrong...That kinda doesn't make sense though because Muzzin and Hickey were going to be waiver eligible but both are signing AHL ONLY deals.

Old
09-21-2012, 07:38 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Porkins is currently in NA and is going to be at the Monarchs training camp. He has already decided where he will be physically located and the Kings currently don't feel that there is any dispute with anyone that requires any real work.

Or so I believe.

So Porkins was the first to report to camp in Manchester. Like I said the kid wants to be here and wants to make the team. The Kings didn't feel that they had too much to worry about and also didn't feel the need to really do anything but there you go....again.

Last edited by etherialone: 09-27-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old
09-21-2012, 09:14 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

So who exactly is in the CHL for us right now? Does anyone have an exact list? Only guy I can think of is Christopher Gibson playing in the Q

Old
09-21-2012, 09:24 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
So who exactly is in the CHL for us right now? Does anyone have an exact list? Only guy I can think of is Christopher Gibson playing in the Q
Michael Schumacher
Nick Ebert
Tomas Hyka? (Unsure about him)

Old
09-21-2012, 11:12 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Justin Johnson is still under contract with the Monarchs. Although in my opinion he wouldn't make the roster over any of the forwards listed above, he would likely be sent to Ontario. Although if Loktionov and/or Prokhorkin play in the KHL that may open a spot for him in Manchester.

As for Kyle Clifford and Dwight King. As another poster pointed out earlier Clifford would have to be sent through the wavier wire in order to be sent to Manchester. Clifford is still on his ELC but he's played over the acquired number of NHL games that makes him no longer wavier except. I believe actually Clifford is just over that number.

As for signing an AHL contract during the lock out the player has to have played in the AHL last season or was on an AHL team's clear day roster. Neither apply for Clifford, however Dwight King as far as I know is eligible to sign an AHL contract with the Monarchs. As he both played in the AHL last season and I believe was the Monarchs clear day roster.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Justin Johnson is still under contract with the Monarchs. Although in my opinion he wouldn't make the roster over any of the forwards listed above, he would likely be sent to Ontario. Although if Loktionov and/or Prokhorkin play in the KHL that may open a spot for him in Manchester.

As for Kyle Clifford and Dwight King. As another poster pointed out earlier Clifford would have to be sent through the wavier wire in order to be sent to Manchester. Clifford is still on his ELC but he's played over the acquired number of NHL games that makes him no longer wavier except. I believe actually Clifford is just over that number.

As for signing an AHL contract during the lock out the player has to have played in the AHL last season or was on an AHL team's clear day roster. Neither apply for Clifford, however Dwight King as far as I know is eligible to sign an AHL contract with the Monarchs. As he both played in the AHL last season and I believe was the Monarchs clear day roster.
Exactly. You have to be on an AHL clear day roster last season to be eligible to sign an AHL only contract if you have not been re-assigned to AHL already (all non-waiver players were re-assigned and some waiver eligible players were placed on waivers and re-assigned(Meckler/Legein/somebody I can't think of right now). Kyle Clifford was not on this list. He will not be able to sign in AHL. Dwight King and Jordan Nolan were on the clear day roster last year though, so they will be able to sign in AHL.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:20 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Michael Schumacher
Nick Ebert
Tomas Hyka? (Unsure about him)
Yup Hyka will be playing in Gatineau of the QMJHL

Also Kurtis MacDermid, Colin Miller, and Alex Roach according to Hammond. We got a number of prospects in NCAA

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/09/15...e-they-headed/

Old
09-21-2012, 11:48 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Where can we watch their games?

Old
09-22-2012, 05:28 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

You can purchsae the AHL online package here. http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/ but it's a bit pricy at $150 for just Monarchs games (and the the early bird special) Also the quality is not great either.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:25 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Didn't see the CHL prospects thread, so I guess I'll put this here.

The Goalie Guild ‏@TheGoalieGuild

#Kings prospect Christopher Gibson @CGibber37 stopped 31 shots yesterday in the 6-0 shutout win over Gatineau.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Prokhorkin and Loktionov both appear they're gonna be playing for the Monarchs. The Monarchs twitter just reported that Prokhorkin was the first to arrive in Manchester and LA Kings website is reporting Loktionov will report to Monarchs camp, or at least he's expected to.

Monarchs twitter:

Quote:
First hockey player sighting of the season! Nicolay Prokhorkin is in the house! #Monarchs @VWArenaNH

Kings twitter:

Quote:
Loktionov, Nolan, and Voynov set to open Manchester @Monarchshockey Training Camp this week - http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=642247

Old
09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Johnny Utah

Good for Loki. Proud of him he decided to come back.

CTKings posted this depth chart below...

Nikolai Prokhorkin* - Jordan Weal - Brandon Kozun

Nicolas Deslauriers

Who do people think will end up in the ECHL? Remember Justin Johnson is another spare forward so that's 4 spare forwards.

This is one heck of a solid young team btw.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Good for Loki. Proud of him he decided to come back.

CTKings posted this depth chart below...

Nikolai Prokhorkin* - Jordan Weal - Brandon Kozun

Nicolas Deslauriers

Who do people think will end up in the ECHL? Remember Justin Johnson is another spare forward so that's 4 spare forwards.

This is one heck of a solid young team btw.

I think Johnson and O'Neill end up in the ECHL

Old
09-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Johnny Utah

I don't know about Johnson...would they really leave all the enforcing to Nolan and Clune? Those dudes are light heavies or middles at best. I would think they keep JJ around.

Robert Czarnik had only 8 goals last year and Meckler only 10, I would think one of them goes to the ECHL...Legein has been a AHL'er for awhile...Maybe Weal?

Old
09-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I don't know about Johnson...would they really leave all the enforcing to Nolan and Clune? Those dudes are light heavies or middles at best. I would think they keep JJ around.

Robert Czarnik had only 8 goals last year and Meckler only 10, I would think one of them goes to the ECHL...Legein has been a AHL'er for awhile...Maybe Weal?
There's not going to be much need for "enforcing" in the AHL this year (not that I feel there is a need at all anyways), all the teams are going to be stacked with talented youngsters. Dinosaurs like Johnson will be cut, at least until the lockout ends. I would be shocked if it's not Johnson and O'Neill sent down. Although IIRC, AHL does not have upper roster limits, so it's possible that Johnson stays with team, but rarely if ever dresses.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Weal, Czarnik and O'Neill could do well with a year of top line minutes in the E.

Old
09-26-2012, 06:03 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

I don't understand why some of you are saying Czarnick needs to go to the E. He actually had a very impressive rookie year last year and was one of the Monarchs' reliable scoring options late in the year. With added depth, I see him being more a bottom six guy in Manch this year but certainly not in Ontario.

Old
09-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm thinking Justin Johnson and Brian O'Neill would be the top two candidates to be sent to the ECHL. They'd most likely be called up if Manchester needs bodies up front and they lose players to IR.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:20 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:

Justin Johnson is 6'0" 220
Rich Clune is 5'10" 207
Jordan Nolan is 6'3" 227

Johnson may be the best fighter of the bunch but Nolan and CLune are servicable and it's not like Johnson is huge. None of the three are heavyweights and there aren't many true heavyweights in the AHL, thus why Johnson can "fake it" well enough and survive as a heavy.

I do agree though that I think Johnson makes it and somebody like Meckler is sent to Ontario.

Speaking of Ontario, is anyone else surpised by the lack of the usual guys like Jordan Hill, Chris Cloud, J.D. Watt that would be injury call ups but spend the bulk of the season on the Reign?

Closed Thread