HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-edm

Old
09-21-2012, 09:25 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
You don't trade kadri before seeing how a summer with Gary Roberts will impact his game this year
Gary Roberts is a trainer, not a magician.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:33 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

no thanks

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Easy no from Edmonton. I doubt either of them live up to their draft potential, but at least MPS can contribute as a very solid 3rd-liner. Kadri is top6 or bust.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:50 PM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
You don't trade kadri before seeing how a summer with Gary Roberts will impact his game this year
Sounds a little similar to "You don't trade Schenn before seeing how a summer with Barbara Underhill will impact his game this year".

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:45 AM
This is my year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
Sounds a little similar to "You don't trade Schenn before seeing how a summer with Barbara Underhill will impact his game this year".
I guess her evaluation was a thumbs down.

1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Haha. No way. Kadri is better
At what?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:31 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
At what?
Sitting in the PB.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
At what?
Offense.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Angelus*
Smile Time!

Call me crazy but I see this as largely a lateral move. I don't think either "maybe need a change of scenery" yet but I would take a chance on Kadri. These debates are meaningless anyway because each players value is pretty damn low right now.

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 02:19 AM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Offense.
At being a poor mans Sam Gagner?

Good for him.

We'll keep Paajarvi.

Old
09-23-2012, 03:37 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I wouldn't touch this if I was the Leafs....Paajarvi just has no offensive awareness, he skates real fast and has decent hands until he gets inside the offensive zone. Kadri atleast shows glimpses of high skill level

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 04:56 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

This trade's talk is redundant. It is all a matter of perspective. Both sides are right, neither are wrong.

/thread

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 05:05 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Get back to me when Kadri has at least a 0.425 point/game average in a full NHL season. Paajarvi took an obvious step backwards last season so as a result his stats took a hit, let's see how they do this season with hopefully Paajarvi having regained his confidence. As for all of the tire pumping that Kadri gets for training with Roberts, that's awesome, however Paajarvi has also addresses some issues including getting bigger and stronger. So it's not as if he has been twiddling his thumbs all offseason.
Oh please, honestly, don't we hear this every off-season? that player X was determined over the summer to get bigger,stronger,faster etc? These guys all train like crazy(the majority do). It's the same thing hockey players have been saying for decades. When was the last time a player has said they didn't really workout much or that they are in really bad shape? I don't buy that MPS or Kadri will be any better until they show it on the ice and on the scoreboard. Both have been great at times and brutal at others. 2 underwhelming prospects at this point.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:35 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Well the year Edmonton took Sam Gagner. They could of instead taken the following....

- Logan Couture
- Ryan McDonagh
- Brandon Sutter

In 2006 Edmonton first round pick (Which was traded for Dwayne Roloson.) and from their point assuming they finished the same could of drafted the following...

- Chris Stewart
- Claude Giroux
- Patrick Berglund

In 2004 Edmonton would draft Devin Dubynk they could of had...

- Cory Schneider
- Mike Green

This one has to be my favorite of all though.

"The Edmonton Oilers trade the 17th pick (Zach Parise) to the New Jersey Devils for the 22nd pick (Marc-Antoine Pouliot) and the 68th pick (Jean-Francois Jacques)."

But they could of got someone other than Parise as well. They also had the following to pick from...

- Ryan Getzlaf
- Mike Richards
- Corey Parry
- Ryan Kesler
- Loui Ericsson
- Patrice Bergeron
- Shea Weber
- David Backes
- Jimmy Howard

What is my whole point from doing this?

It is pretty damn easy to sit back now and say "Gee I should of drafted this guy." But who would of thought at the time of this Shea Weber a guy who went 49th overall and is a contender for the Norris every year would turn out the way he did? because it seems 48 times people said "Nah".

Oh also I do have time if you would like I can go back farther to show all of the flaws Edmonton made drafting.
I think this is a great post, and there's no reason for you to get ripped on for it, just as there was no reason for the poster you quoted to bring up Toronto's draft record to justify why MPS is better than Kadri. (Even if I do agree...absolutely terrible reasoning, and hypocritical to talk about considering the Oilers hilarious draft history.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Rinzler

Both MPS and Kadri are developing slowly however both show promise in their respective clubs. Neither is tradable at the moment and each club prefers their own guy (rightfully so).

Anyone suggesting at this point one player is or will be better than the other is way off base.

I will say this though, both will make the NHL and both will have long careers in a top 6 role. Neither are likely to be star players though. Trading for each other is pointless and redundant at this stage from either team's perspective.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 03:20 PM
lakai17

vCash: 174
Colborne > Kadri

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:23 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Colborne > Kadri
In you opinion . I am also an Oiler fan , a hockey fan and an over all sport fan , It is impossible to follow all other teams prospects and in most cases we have to take the word of a fan of the other team who watches them more then a couple of times a year . I am not saying this is the case with you , but i would listen to a TML fan on the subject ,unless it is a wacky fan who believes a unknown prospect is worth Yak . Most prospect who are any good we would hear of at or before the draft .
Us Oiler fans can look at our own Gagner . People say he a bust lots and we stick up for him and believe he will break out . His father broke out in his mid twenties . Why can he ? All prospects do not develop at the say rate , some never work out , As one other poster said He believes both will have NHL careers and i am with him on that . As i said in a early post we need to get bigger and better 2 way players PRV fits great for us . The Leafs need a couple of top end centres . Kadri fits perfect for them . Both teams have what they need should these two guys work out ,so let them play in the AHL until they are ready

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:53 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Gary Roberts is a trainer, not a magician.
It won't take a magician to turn Kadri into an NHL regular. The kid has better offensive abilities than MPS and a better chance of landing in the top 6. Leafs don't take this deal and it doesn't take a magician to figure this out.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:54 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Colborne > Kadri
No...

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 08:02 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Get back to me when Kadri has at least a 0.425 point/game average in a full NHL season. Paajarvi took an obvious step backwards last season so as a result his stats took a hit, let's see how they do this season with hopefully Paajarvi having regained his confidence. As for all of the tire pumping that Kadri gets for training with Roberts, that's awesome, however Paajarvi has also addresses some issues including getting bigger and stronger. So it's not as if he has been twiddling his thumbs all offseason.
I think he should only get back to you when Kadri scores 0.465 points/game with a cat on his head and a snake in his pants. Anything less and its not even close.

mikeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
I think this is a great post, and there's no reason for you to get ripped on for it, just as there was no reason for the poster you quoted to bring up Toronto's draft record to justify why MPS is better than Kadri. (Even if I do agree...absolutely terrible reasoning, and hypocritical to talk about considering the Oilers hilarious draft history.
Go ahead and chirp the Pendergast era, we all do. The guy was a joke and we knew it. Take a look at the MacGregor era and please go ahead and point out how it's hilarious. I'm all ears.

Old
09-24-2012, 02:01 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

idk how oiler fans are saying no, leafs pass

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
Colborne > Kadri
lol.

Old
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
At being a poor mans Sam Gagner?

Good for him.

We'll keep Paajarvi.
good, we dont need another potential 3rd liners, there a dime a dozen, need offensive players and kadri is that, when was the last time a team traded a potential top 6 for a probable 3rd liner?

Old
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
good, we dont need another potential 3rd liners, there a dime a dozen, need offensive players and kadri is that, when was the last time a team traded a potential top 6 for a probable 3rd liner?
At least be fair on things. Calling Kadri a potential top 6 and MPS a probable 3rd liner isn't right. MPS has top 6 potential as well and has the required skills to play 3rd line if all else fails. Slightly lower offensive upside than Kadri but won't require top 6 minutes to find a place in the NHL.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote