HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Penguins Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Zlobin with 2 goals and an assist in the last pre-season game. That gives him 9 points in 4 games. I doubt he keeps that pace during the season. But i would like to see him at a 1.5 PPG at least. That would land him around 90ish points.
Val D'or has a great team, I wouldn't be surprised if he even hits 100pts assuming he and the teammates can remain healthy

Old
09-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Mamma Mia!
Roberto Bortuzzo actually has a pretty nice ring to it.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Solution

I may have missed this in the other prospects thread, but here is Bombulie's roster outlook.

http://blogs.citizensvoice.com/pengu...-914/#comments

Old
09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor

Not a huge surprise, but Scott Harrington was named captain of the London Knights. Maatta got an 'A'.

Last edited by Get To Our Game: 09-20-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old
09-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Was going to watch the Saint John Sea Dogs tonight but there's nowhere on the internet that I can find to watch for free which sucks.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:48 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Clark Seymour fought Tyler Biggs. I'm looking forward to watching the video.

Old
09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Clark Seymour gets an assist.

Old
09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

PLAYERS Pos. G A +/- PIM
A 4 Seymour, Clark D 0 1 0 9

I got him confused with Ruopp. Prince Albert has more awesome jerseys than Peterborough but has an unfortunate name.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Epic Neal Time

Any Winterhawks streams out there?

Old
09-21-2012, 02:18 PM
steelcityassault

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Clark Seymour gets an assist.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:55 PM
deakka

Sundqvist with a 4 point game this evening. 1 goal, 3 assists and 4 PIMs. After the first 2 pointless games he seems to have find his stride and now has 6 points in his 2 last games. Lets hope he can keep the hot hand during the remaining 2 games over the weekend

Old
09-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Sundqvist with a 4 point game this evening. 1 goal, 3 assists and 4 PIMs. After the first 2 pointless games he seems to have find his stride and now has 6 points in his 2 last games. Lets hope he can keep the hot hand during the remaining 2 games over the weekend
Good to hear. Does Sundqvist play a particular chippy style or does the league he play in give out penalties like candy? He's been 100+ PIM's each of the last two years and is off to a good start again this year in that category. I just wondered if anyone who has seen him play or at least has more knowledge on him can attribute it to a rough style of play or if a lot of his PIM's are stick penalties.

Either way, most excited I've been about a Penguin Swedish prospect since Johannes Salmonsson or Daniel Fernholm. The bar is kind of low for me.

In CHL news, 2012 3rd-round pick Matt Murray made 37 saves in 6-5 OT victory over Plymouth. Maata, Harrington and Zlobin each have a single assist so far in their ongoing games.

Last edited by Sivek: 09-21-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old
09-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Caught the third period of the Rags and the... Steelheads (seriously why?).

Marcantuoni had a solid period and got some PK time... He got robbed on a 2-1 off the PK...

His speed is off the charts. Trying to think of the last prospect I saw who could fly like this... Koltsov maybe...

Old
09-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Rejean We Trust View Post
Not a huge surprise, but Scott Harrington was named captain of the London Knights. Maatta got an 'A'.

Teams need to consult Prophet of Glennie before they make decisions like this.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:37 AM
deakka

Maata 2 points and Harrington with 1 in Londons 8-2 win.
Murray with the win 37/42 shots and Marcuantoni was scoreless.

In the WHL Poulliot was held scoreless in Portlands loss - please produce during the next few games or the "bust-prophets" will come out of hiding

Anyone know when the NCAA will start btw? If i remember correctly its usally in the start/middle of october?

Old
09-22-2012, 07:06 AM
wej20

Quote:
Maata 2 points and Harrington with 1 in Londons 8-2 win.
Murray with the win 37/42 shots and Marcuantoni was scoreless.

In the WHL Poulliot was held scoreless in Portlands loss - please produce during the next few games or the "bust-prophets" will come out of hiding

Anyone know when the NCAA will start btw? If i remember correctly its usally in the start/middle of october?
First weekend of October.

Old
09-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Was going to watch the Saint John Sea Dogs tonight but there's nowhere on the internet that I can find to watch for free which sucks.
Only online is Telus which costs 6.95 CAN for a live game or 1.95 for an archived game.

Saint John doesn't have any Pens prospects right now, and will be selling off at Christmas this year (our offense is pretty much all Huberdeau).

Highlights for the home games are still at:
http://www.youtube.com/seadogstv

Old
09-22-2012, 12:15 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Caught the third period of the Rags and the... Steelheads (seriously why?).

Marcantuoni had a solid period and got some PK time... He got robbed on a 2-1 off the PK...

His speed is off the charts. Trying to think of the last prospect I saw who could fly like this... Koltsov maybe...
Good to hear about his speed. Hope he can stay healthy.

Old
09-22-2012, 01:08 PM
deakka

sundqvist with 2 more goals today. i havent watched any of the games myself tho :-( but he seems to have a nice season offensively so far. playing on a Good team helps ofc. from what ive seen he gets time on both special teams

Old
09-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Good to hear about his speed. Hope he can stay healthy.
I saw him play a few times and was aware of his story, etc before the Pens drafted him since I see the Rangers play more than any OHL team. But last night was the first time I focused on him.

Like I said I only saw the third, but two things were apparent: his speed is ridiculous and he has little regard for his body.

From all I have read up here in the paper, he is a workout fiend and if last night is any indication, it is going to be a combination of his work in the gym and dumb luck that keeps him healthy.

The rate of speed he goes into the boards is crazy...

Old
09-22-2012, 02:01 PM
JTG

Hopefully he grows out of that "young, dumb, and full of..." stage of his career, and he realizes that he needs to preserve himself a little more. People will disagree, but I honestly think James Neal brings the perfect blend of physicality. He will not be pushed around, he can completely level anyone in the league, but he doesn't feel the need to run around crashing and banging, where he's banged up all the time.

Marcantuoni sounds like he plays a lot like Chris Kunitz. While that's certainly not a bad thing, I think we have seen over the years the toll that kind of game takes on a guy like Kunitz.

I'm real hopeful for the kid. Gotta love someone with those kind of wheels, especially with the speed we already have up front. Those wheels are no good if he's constantly nicked up though.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Hopefully he grows out of that "young, dumb, and full of..." stage of his career, and he realizes that he needs to preserve himself a little more. People will disagree, but I honestly think James Neal brings the perfect blend of physicality. He will not be pushed around, he can completely level anyone in the league, but he doesn't feel the need to run around crashing and banging, where he's banged up all the time.

Marcantuoni sounds like he plays a lot like Chris Kunitz. While that's certainly not a bad thing, I think we have seen over the years the toll that kind of game takes on a guy like Kunitz.

I'm real hopeful for the kid. Gotta love someone with those kind of wheels, especially with the speed we already have up front. Those wheels are no good if he's constantly nicked up though.
I think Kunitz has realized this himself the last year or so. Some games he knows he just has to do it, but he seems to be smarter about it than he was two years ago.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:

We both played, so you know that being first on the puck isn't always best, unless there is enough of a gap to skate the puck out.... You are just taking needless hits... Which Marcantuoni was doing last night.

He's so fast that he won most of the puck races last night, but a Steelhead was taking him into the boards each time. A couple of times I thought he should of pulled up and rode his man to the puck... He definitely didn't show any fear, but I'm not sure if it is a good thing.

I don't want to breakdown his game until I see a lot more of him, so most of what I'm saying may not be a big deal. We'll see.

The Rags have a lot of talent upfront, so if Marcantuoni can play up to his potential, he will have the talent around him to help max out his abilities.

Old
09-22-2012, 03:38 PM
JTG

How'd his hands look? From everything I've read, people say his hands can't keep up with his feet, but if he has the type of wheels you say, that's not a knock on his hands, but just shows how unbelievably quick he is.

Honestly, I don't care about his hands as much as I care about his shot and his awareness. If he can keep up with Sid or Geno on a quick break, and then have enough awareness and feel in the offensive zone (a la James Neal) where he can find those spots in coverage and just rip shots...that guy is going to fit in beautifully here.

Old
09-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
How'd his hands look? From everything I've read, people say his hands can't keep up with his feet, but if he has the type of wheels you say, that's not a knock on his hands, but just shows how unbelievably quick he is.

Honestly, I don't care about his hands as much as I care about his shot and his awareness. If he can keep up with Sid or Geno on a quick break, and then have enough awareness and feel in the offensive zone (a la James Neal) where he can find those spots in coverage and just rip shots...that guy is going to fit in beautifully here.
The Rags were protecting a 1-0 lead, so it was mostly dump and chase hockey on their end.

He made a beautiful read on the PK and jumped into a 2-1, but the goalie made an unreal save.

I will let you know about his hands and shot after a few more games, but as far as keeping up with Sid speed wise, he is faster, honestly. He's a ****ing rocket.

Closed Thread