HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Lounge XIX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2012, 09:23 AM
  #876
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
To revisit this, and to potentially make my posting on this topic transparent (which it should not necessarily do, but I will not get into it in any more detail):

Those of you in Upper Arlington, Westerville, Hilliard, Dublin and the Powell/Olentangy area who receive a community newspaper either in your Dispatch or your driveway... the edition dated today, Aug. 30, is an exact match for the upcoming Dispatch new format. Hopefully, this is a chance for folks with concerns to see if they can "get it right," although I guess it shows it's not a changeover that takes place in just 24 hours.
Is this why they were late again today?

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 09:38 AM
  #877
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Is this why they were late again today?
Dunno. Don't know anything about that.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 10:23 AM
  #878
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
To revisit this, and to potentially make my posting on this topic transparent (which it should not necessarily do, but I will not get into it in any more detail):

Those of you in Upper Arlington, Westerville, Hilliard, Dublin and the Powell/Olentangy area who receive a community newspaper either in your Dispatch or your driveway... the edition dated today, Aug. 30, is an exact match for the upcoming Dispatch new format. Hopefully, this is a chance for folks with concerns to see if they can "get it right," although I guess it shows it's not a changeover that takes place in just 24 hours.
Did anyone see an explanation or apology in the paper for one day's coverage completely disappearing? I looked, but saw nothing published, and I sent an email inquiry and received no reply. Great customer service!

pete goegan is online now  
Old
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
  #879
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 02:57 PM
  #880
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Did anyone see an explanation or apology in the paper for one day's coverage completely disappearing? I looked, but saw nothing published, and I sent an email inquiry and received no reply. Great customer service!
That sucks but I can't speak to it. I'm just addressing your voiced concern.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 03:30 PM
  #881
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Did anyone see an explanation or apology in the paper for one day's coverage completely disappearing? I looked, but saw nothing published, and I sent an email inquiry and received no reply. Great customer service!
They had a message online until all of the papers were delivered, both Tuesday and today. It got taken down when it was resolved.

Samkow is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
  #882
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
They had a message online until all of the papers were delivered, both Tuesday and today. It got taken down when it was resolved.
I never received a Tuesday paper, nor a response to an email inquiry. That's just poor service and I'm very surprised there was not more outcry.

pete goegan is online now  
Old
08-30-2012, 04:07 PM
  #883
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I never received a Tuesday paper, nor a response to an email inquiry. That's just poor service and I'm very surprised there was not more outcry.
Wow, I didn't know that. Figured they were just late with everybody.

Samkow is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 12:55 AM
  #884
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
So can somebody explain to me what happened with the Dispatch? Obviously they made a mistake of some sort but I am not getting a clear answer in this thread.

Moo is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 08:01 AM
  #885
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
So can somebody explain to me what happened with the Dispatch? Obviously they made a mistake of some sort but I am not getting a clear answer in this thread.
They're changing their format to something new. This is apparently causing all sorts of problems.

They were extremely late Tuesday (10 AM, in Dublin), somewhat late Thursday, (7:30 AM) and fairly late today (9 AM)

It's downright pathetic.

Samkow is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
  #886
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
They're changing their format to something new. This is apparently causing all sorts of problems.

They were extremely late Tuesday (10 AM, in Dublin), somewhat late Thursday, (7:30 AM) and fairly late today (9 AM)

It's downright pathetic.
And I'm looking forward to folks drooling over this with all the subtlety and consideration that they give to "Detroit Blue Devils".

I stubbed my toe yesterday. It hurt. Does that make me incompetent in all things and never to be taken seriously in anything ever again?

(I suspect the answer is "only if you do so in public.")

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 05:16 PM
  #887
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Hey Sammy even I'm having trouble here: are you legit mad about this or is it just a gimmick?

Matthew is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 07:56 PM
  #888
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Hey Sammy even I'm having trouble here: are you legit mad about this or is it just a gimmick?
I think Sam's gotten to the point where Poe's Law is less of a cautionary tale and more a cover for what he's really planning.

Determining whether or not that also applies to this post is an exercise left to the reader.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 10:07 AM
  #889
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,576
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Hey Sammy even I'm having trouble here: are you legit mad about this or is it just a gimmick?
They don't tolerate the slightest bit of incompetence from my profession. Why should I tolerate it from them?

7AM today, although the site says it might take till 10:30 for some people. Hope they plan on giving people slight refunds.

Samkow is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 08:47 AM
  #890
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Anyone still playing BF3? I got my big boy internet just in time for Armored Kill! I know some of you added me at launch...

(pc)

linky

joshjoshjosh is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 10:47 AM
  #891
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
  #892
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Awesomeness. Have never seen the video - have watched live clips of this tune.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 11:55 AM
  #893
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Awesomeness. Have never seen the video - have watched live clips of this tune.
Great song. Just got in the mood to listen to it this morning. Felt like sharing.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 12:24 PM
  #894
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Great song. Just got in the mood to listen to it this morning. Felt like sharing.
I knew of them but had never checked them out - until my daughter's dance group did a piece to this song.


Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
09-17-2012, 02:28 PM
  #895
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
"Happy New Year! We hired someone in California instead."

So, how has everyone else's day been?

Viqsi is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 07:04 AM
  #896
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Love these guys

joshjoshjosh is offline  
Old
09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
  #897
tkeats
Registered User
 
tkeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Big fan of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvB_UmmIzk - sorry don't know how to embed it

tkeats is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 11:12 PM
  #898
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,400
vCash: 500
That rain came out of nowhere tonight. I think every High School game here in central Ohio got delayed.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.

Last edited by End of Line: 09-22-2012 at 10:01 AM.
End of Line is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 06:57 AM
  #899
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
That rain came out of nowhere tonight. I think every High School game here in central Ohio got delayed. lol.
Not lol for away games 50 minutes from home for parents who made the trip and bus drivers who had to get the kids back safe. And the game will have to be finished at some point - yep can't just leave that last 9 minutes unplayed. At least they had the good sense to send the kids home.

Wait, have I stopped talking in generalities?

Lots of water came down last night.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 10:01 AM
  #900
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Not lol for away games 50 minutes from home for parents who made the trip and bus drivers who had to get the kids back safe. And the game will have to be finished at some point - yep can't just leave that last 9 minutes unplayed. At least they had the good sense to send the kids home.

Wait, have I stopped talking in generalities?

Lots of water came down last night.
True. Thankfully most of the games played last night were conference games and they didn't have to travel very far.

I was at the Hilliard Darby game last night and around the end of the 1st quarter the sky just opened up big time. It didn't let up at all. The first lightning delay was during halftime (8:46) and it just kept going. They decided to finally delay the game around 10. Game is at 2pm now.

End of Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.