HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
A loss 5:2,really dissapointing so what have we learned? Telquist is not our #1 goalie,Jučers is,Meija and Džeriņš DO NOT belong on the second line and Ņiživijs does not belong on this team AT ALL and line that`s not dissapointing is first line,so after all this ,team roster SHOULD BE looking something like this-

Karsums-Johnson-Indrašis
Daugaviņš-Schremp-Giroux
Meija-Džeriņš-Bukarts(if he plays good for our farmclub he can be considered to be put on 2nd line)
Skvorcovs-Bičevskis-Biezais

Also a sidenote: Daugaviņš looked pretty good giving the conditions today,even creating a very good scoring chance at the end of 3d AND ivanāns has no buisness in this team,he just makes too much stupid penalties.

Old
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Telquist is not our #1 goalie,Jučers is...
Wake up, neither is our #1. The fourth Atlant goal today was completely on Telly, but otherwise he wasn't bad. Our D is just one big mess with a few solid plays here and there.

Old
09-21-2012, 01:01 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Wake up, neither is our #1. The fourth Atlant goal today was completely on Telly, but otherwise he wasn't bad. Our D is just one big mess with a few solid plays here and there.
Did you watch the games where Jučers played? he was great,making almost no mistakes in the net and beeing genrally calm,the quite opposite of Telly oh and the first goal is also on him.

Old
09-21-2012, 01:07 PM
BalticWarrior

Well on a positive note our ex-Dinamo rīga player Miķelis Rēdlihs has scored a goal today for Loko.

Old
09-21-2012, 01:19 PM
RobertR

Helo, you are so fast with your conclusions. Telly played two great games before, today, yeah, mby 1 or 2 goals was on him, but you already started benching him. ;D

Overall great game today. We got little unlucky (again?), lot of chances, but finishing as always.. I think under 2.5 on us is safest bet ever.

And about lines.. Bukarts, really?

Old
09-21-2012, 01:23 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Helo, you are so fast with your conclusions. Telly played two great games before, today, yeah, mby 1 or 2 goals was on him, but you already started benching him. ;D

Overall great game today. We got little unlucky (again?), lot of chances, but finishing as always.. I think under 2.5 on us is safest bet ever.

And about lines.. Bukarts, really?
Why.the hell.not? Ok,maybe not on 2nd line,but why not on the third?

Old
09-21-2012, 01:26 PM
BalticWarrior

Also i could see Darziņš returning back home,simply put- Ak Bars is not his team,he would be a great reinforcemnt for us.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:18 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Well he looks pretty good for the first game but i mean i`m not excpecting him to do wonders on the first game when he`s on the same line as slow-ass ņiživijs(i think he has to be my most hated latvian player from now on,sprukts comes in close 2nd)
Yo don't count Podzins as a Latvian? Anyway, Nizivijs still has a lot of fans, but yeah he slowly is turning into everyone's #1 scapegoat. As a hardcore hipster, I'll have to say that I hated him way before it became cool.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Latgale_fan

Wasn't a bad game again, it's just the opponents are better at scoring... We can run and fight, Džeriņš can escape from defence and then give the puck to the goalkeeper as always- it's just the difference in class that shows again, like in the game vs CSKA or Lev (who also have better players)....
Indrašis-Johnson-Karsums goal was great but other than that the more talented team won.

As concerns Sprukts, well... today he scored and would he be on Dinamo Riga team, he'd be better (in getting those points at least) than all forwards we have now except maybe Karsums...

Old
09-22-2012, 11:54 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Wasn't a bad game again, it's just the opponents are better at scoring... We can run and fight, Džeriņš can escape from defence and then give the puck to the goalkeeper as always- it's just the difference in class that shows again, like in the game vs CSKA or Lev (who also have better players)....
Indrašis-Johnson-Karsums goal was great but other than that the more talented team won.

As concerns Sprukts, well... today he scored and would he be on Dinamo Riga team, he'd be better (in getting those points at least) than all forwards we have now except maybe Karsums...
He wouldn`t be better than Indrašis and Giroux.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:57 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

Also talking about skill... Theres a good chance Darziņš gets kicked out of Ak bars,he wouldnt solve all the problems but at least we`d have a good player on 2nd line instead of some Meija or Džeriņš

Old
09-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Also talking about skill... Theres a good chance Darziņš gets kicked out of Ak bars,he wouldnt solve all the problems but at least we`d have a good player on 2nd line instead of some Meija or Džeriņš
Somehow everybody assume that if our guys get kicked out they'll automatically go back to Riga to play for 250 000 euro a season... Dumbass is in trouble, has a lot of money and Supler is head coach, Barys season has not started that well, the same can be said about Minsk... Sējējs works for LEV, they are not in trouble at the moment but who knows if they need a player... furthermore you can trade in some foreigner from some Russian lover echelon club for one of our guys...

Plus we remember how Dinamo could offer Kulda or Bārtulis great contracts!!!

Old
09-22-2012, 12:34 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Somehow everybody assume that if our guys get kicked out they'll automatically go back to Riga to play for 250 000 euro a season... Dumbass is in trouble, has a lot of money and Supler is head coach, Barys season has not started that well, the same can be said about Minsk... Sējējs works for LEV, they are not in trouble at the moment but who knows if they need a player... furthermore you can trade in some foreigner from some Russian lover echelon club for one of our guys...

Plus we remember how Dinamo could offer Kulda or Bārtulis great contracts!!!
Yes,maybe,but Darziņš stats in Ak bars are horrible so it might be that none other team might want Dārziņš except for Rīga.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:38 PM
RobertR

Quote:
He wouldn`t be better than Indrašis and Giroux.
So now Indrasis is better then Sprukts, Johnson and Schremp? Nice speed, couple days ago he was better then Meija and Dzerins, now this. So, should i get ready for him be better then Malkin, after how much? Mby a month?

Old
09-22-2012, 12:40 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
So now Indrasis is better then Sprukts, Johnson and Schremp? Nice speed, couple days ago he was better then Meija and Dzerins, now this. So, should i get ready for him be better then Malkin, after how much? Mby a month?
Where did i say that? Sprukts just sucks,to put it bluntly.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:47 PM
RobertR

Quote:
Latgale_fan, said that Sprukts would be our best forward besides Karsums, you answered that he wouldn`t be better only than Indrašis and Giroux, so Karsums>Indrasis&Giroux>Sprukts>Others?

Old
09-22-2012, 12:49 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Latgale_fan, said that Sprukts would be our best forward besides Karsums, you answered that he wouldn`t be better only than Indrašis and Giroux, so Karsums>Indrasis&Giroux>Sprukts>Others?
Well ofcourse Johnson and Schremp should also be included,especially schremp when he will get better linemates so he will be able to fully open up.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Well... no, actually, he doesn't All his bad press comes from one incident when he didn't want to play for NT in WC stating ''tiredness'' as a cause. Otherwise he's a solid player for such teams like Latvia or Dinamo Riga.
If Indrašis gets 35 point season in KHL this year then maybe I will agree. The same about Giroux, as he might have been better in AHL few years ago but what is the situation now?? Lundmark was a good example last year...

And the problem with Dinamo is actually that there's not much problem at all. The only problem is that the league is getting stronger, maybe not the top clubs but the average level is increasing. Yeah the defence in last game was terrible but stuff happens. With a team like this in the first or 2nd KHL season we would be in play-offs for sure but, unfotunately, times change... There are a lot less teams with internal problems now, the managers' have started to select players more carefully and the budgets have grown, especially for some clubs. If we look at teams in front of us in standings, I can see us overtaking Vityaz still and Minsk might continue to be Minsk but other than that.... Slovan that is a carbon copy of Dinamo (as regards national identity as the club's ideology, budget) and great coach, Spartak that maybe does not look as impressive as concerns big names but where actually a fighting team has been built now, Severstal with Shipachyov??? And below us is Donbass who will sot their problems out, I believe, and Torpedo...

The problem is that we are, at best, standing at the same place when we were last year while some other clubs have made great steps forward... and not only CSKA.

I'm not pessimistic about our chances at play-off this year but I see our small advantages over other clubs during last few seasons suddenly going away....

Old
09-22-2012, 12:59 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Well... no, actually, he doesn't All his bad press comes from one incident when he didn't want to play for NT in WC stating ''tiredness'' as a cause. Otherwise he's a solid player for such teams like Latvia or Dinamo Riga.
If Indrašis gets 35 point season in KHL this year then maybe I will agree. The same about Giroux, as he might have been better in AHL few years ago but what is the situation now?? Lundmark was a good example last year...

And the problem with Dinamo is actually that there's not much problem at all. The only problem is that the league is getting stronger, maybe not the top clubs but the average level is increasing. Yeah the defence in last game was terrible but stuff happens. With a team like this in the first or 2nd KHL season we would be in play-offs for sure but, unfotunately, times change... There are a lot less teams with internal problems now, the managers' have started to select players more carefully and the budgets have grown, especially for some clubs. If we look at teams in front of us in standings, I can see us overtaking Vityaz still and Minsk might continue to be Minsk but other than that.... Slovan that is a carbon copy of Dinamo (as regards national identity as the club's ideology, budget) and great coach, Spartak that maybe does not look as impressive as concerns big names but where actually a fighting team has been built now, Severstal with Shipachyov??? And below us is Donbass who will sot their problems out, I believe, and Torpedo...

The problem is that we are, at best, standing at the same place when we were last year while some other clubs have made great steps forward... and not only CSKA.

I'm not pessimistic about our chances at play-off this year but I see our small advantages over other clubs during last few seasons suddenly going away....
Yes he does,hes slow,has wooden hands,his skating sucks etc. I`m suprised CSKA took him,probably the only reason beeing that hes a solid PK`er i`ll give him that.

Old
09-22-2012, 01:01 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

Uhmm hes one of the better scorers for Riga,maybe?

Old
09-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Yes he does,hes slow,has wooden hands,his skating sucks etc. I`m suprised CSKA took him,probably the only reason beeing that hes a solid PK`er i`ll give him that.
He's not a fast skater, he doesn't have a brilliant backhander, he's not a shoot-out genius, but he can score and create moments nevertheless. He can fight along the boards, help d-men, play PK like no other currently active Latvian center. Girgensons has all the talent and potential to top Sprukts in a few years, rather than that I don't see a good substitution with a Latvian passport.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:15 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
He's not a fast skater, he doesn't have a brilliant backhander, he's not a shoot-out genius, but he can score and create moments nevertheless. He can fight along the boards, help d-men, play PK like no other currently active Latvian center. Girgensons has all the talent and potential to top Sprukts in a few years, rather than that I don't see a good substitution with a Latvian passport.
Hell, he could top sprukts NOW.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:16 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Also Blueger,could totally substitute him in like 3-4 years.

Old
09-23-2012, 05:56 AM
RobertR

Quote:
Hell, he could top sprukts NOW.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:02 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I`m not seeing why he coudn`t,he was the best at sabres prospect camp. Its fast agile,skillfull,hard hitting Girgensons vs unmotivated,slow,hands of stone Sprukts.

Closed Thread