HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jannik Hansen

Old
09-21-2012, 12:07 PM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
This isn't far off. This is the kind of deal we'd be looking for if he were moved. The only way I see it happening is if some younger players really step up in camp this year or next year. If that happened, and there was a considerable offer on the table the filled a need, that would be the only way I see Hansen moved.
I would think the Canucks might see this deal as advantageous if one or more of their young wingers look ready for the NHL and Jordan Schroeder looks like he is either years away or may never make it.

In that case they'd have Sedin, Kesler, Lapierre and Malhotra down the middle (with just the former two signed past this season) compared to Sedin, Burrows, Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen, Kassian, Jensen, etc on the wings.

In that case moving a winger for a center would be the best move to make and if Hansen could return Gagner I'd do it. That being said I don't think many Oilers fans would be salivating over that type of deal.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
i agree w everything in this thread, except ..he is not as good as Simmonds
don't think anyone meant that

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
topchowda

Cant believe the over rating. He is worth Ryan Jones. No more, no less

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
CanucksSayEh

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Nobody's overrating his talent, his value to the nucks is just so much more than it would be to any other team. Therefore overpayment would be the only way to pry him outta Van.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
While Hansen may be worth Jones to the Oilers, to the Canucks, Jones isn't worth much at all. What incentive would VAN have to do anything involving any player unless it's a clear upgrade. So, since the Oilers theoretically came calling, if they want a player that the Canucks also want, it's gonna take a player of the same calibre + or someone who is better for the Canucks to do the deal.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well since you said so, it's clearly true. Obviously he can't be worth more to the Canucks than any other team or something stupid like that.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:00 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Really not worth it to trade for what he brings.

Doing very good work where he is, not for sale.

You can't have him.

Especially if "you" is Deadmonton.

Hope this has been edifying for you.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Scurr

We pay Hansen peanuts to anchor our third line... I can't see him being moved

Scurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:13 PM
I in the Eye

I'd be willing to package Hansen with Luongo (and only in a package with Luongo - otherwise completely unavailable) for a fantastic return... Two real good players going the other way... One on a contract that lowers his value... One on a contract that uppers his value... ONLY IF, it's determined that Kassian can slot in on the 3rd line and consistently make comparable impact (and potentially more in terms of physical play) for even cheaper ($.870 compared to 1.35)... It'll be a challenge, given that Hansen's contributions and efforts will be real difficult to replace... But, I assume that Kassian was acquired for a real nice prospect back because the Canucks feel that Kassian is up for the challenge to at least make a real significant impact on the 3rd line (or 2nd line)... In other words, eventually at the very least, fill the role that Hansen plays - on a much more physical level (not that Hansen isn't physical, but goes to show how physical Kassian can be)...

There's a point where Kassian needs to be the 3rd line RW, IMO, before making the jump to 2nd line... Develop Kassian slowly (much like Hansen), and I think the natural place for Kassian for a few years is the 3rd line RW spot... Hansen has flirted with the 2nd line (being a Kesler winger), and he might still make the jump... but he hasn't quite grabbed the ball yet... Maybe it's possible one of Hansen or Kassian leap frog the other for the 2nd line spot (at the time when both really belong in that 3rd line RW spot)... but, I think it's more likely that they'll be challenging each other for that 3rd line RW spot for the next year or two... and a veteran RW (why the Canucks wanted Doan) being acquired for that 2nd line spot until either one is ready...

Obviously, with both of their salaries, Both Hansen and Kassian can easily fit in 3rd and 4th line spots... But I think that at some point (perhaps as soon as next season), Kassian is going to need some more ice time... 3rd line ice time...

Adding Hansen to Luongo makes the return instantly more attractive (and better)... As much as I like the Honey Badger (and would hate for him to go), I'd make him available (only with Luongo), and only with the "right" return coming back - given that Kassian will likely need more ice time to make more impact (and responsibility) sooner rather than later... How long can Kassian remain a 4th line player before he starts getting pigeon-holed and his growth gets stunted? Obviously, can work for a while longer... But how long?

I don't expect Luongo to be traded any time soon anways... So, by the time Luongo is ready to be traded, there's a chance that Kassian is forcing more ice time and makes Hansen available with Luongo, too... IMO, let's see what Kassian brings until the trade deadline (or after the season), and maybe see what's out their for both in a package...

Even Luongo + Hansen + 1st (2013)... What could that potentially bring? A "franchise-shifting" prospect from the right team, at the right time?

Last edited by I in the Eye: 09-22-2012 at 03:20 PM.
I in the Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I'd be willing to package Hansen with Luongo (and only in a package with Luongo - otherwise completely unavailable) for a fantastic return... Two real good players going the other way... One on a contract that lowers his value... One on a contract that uppers his value... ONLY IF, it's determined that Kassian can slot in on the 3rd line and consistently make comparable impact (and potentially more in terms of physical play) for even cheaper ($.870 compared to 1.35)... It'll be a challenge, given that Hansen's contributions and efforts will be real difficult to replace... But, I assume that Kassian was acquired for a real nice prospect back because the Canucks feel that Kassian is up for the challenge to at least make a real significant impact on the 3rd line (or 2nd line)... In other words, eventually at the very least, fill the role that Hansen plays - on a much more physical level (not that Hansen isn't physical, but goes to show how physical Kassian can be)...

There's a point where Kassian needs to be the 3rd line RW, IMO, before making the jump to 2nd line... Develop Kassian slowly (much like Hansen), and I think the natural place for Kassian for a few years is the 3rd line RW spot... Hansen has flirted with the 2nd line (being a Kesler winger), and he might still make the jump... but he hasn't quite grabbed the ball yet... Maybe it's possible one of Hansen or Kassian leap frog the other for the 2nd line spot (at the time when both really belong in that 3rd line RW spot)... but, I think it's more likely that they'll be challenging each other for that 3rd line RW spot for the next year or two... and a veteran RW (why the Canucks wanted Doan) being acquired for that 2nd line spot until either one is ready...

Obviously, with both of their salaries, Both Hansen and Kassian can easily fit in 3rd and 4th line spots... But I think that at some point (perhaps as soon as next season), Kassian is going to need some more ice time... 3rd line ice time...

Adding Hansen to Luongo makes the return instantly more attractive (and better)... As much as I like the Honey Badger (and would hate for him to go), I'd make him available (only with Luongo), and only with the "right" return coming back - given that Kassian will likely need more ice time to make more impact (and responsibility) sooner rather than later... How long can Kassian remain a 4th line player before he starts getting pigeon-holed and his growth gets stunted? Obviously, can work for a while longer... But how long?

I don't expect Luongo to be traded any time soon anways... So, by the time Luongo is ready to be traded, there's a chance that Kassian is forcing more ice time and makes Hansen available with Luongo, too... IMO, let's see what Kassian brings until the trade deadline (or after the season), and maybe see what's out their for both in a package...

Even Luongo + Hansen + 1st (2013)... What could that potentially bring? A "franchise-shifting" prospect from the right team, at the right time?
But who will be offering somthing for that sort of package? The usual teams. And at least 2 might not be super interested in a first either.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:49 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
But who will be offering somthing for that sort of package? The usual teams. And at least 2 might not be super interested in a first either.
I don't know who would be interested in that... But, it is a valuable package... I'd just as soon keep all 3 in that package, if the return isn't there - despite it being a valuable package...

I'd imagine the package would be valuable to a team that is wanting a better chance to be a playoff-team / cup contender... The pieces would definitely help... However, the pieces would also help the Canucks if the right team at the right time isn't there to return something real significant... I'd think the right team at the right time would be willing to part with the right value to get that... But, it's difficult to find the right team at the right time... Why trades can take months (and longer) before they get done...

Just throwing it out there that I wouldn't be opposed to trading Hansen (like I wouldn't be opposed to trading Luongo), given that Kassian and Schneider are on the team... The 1st too... I'd just as happily keep that as well, if the return isn't there... If ignoring a return price, I'd imagine that some teams out there would be happy with Luongo and Hansen both on their team... Again, if the return isn't there, not available...

Old
09-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I don't know who would be interested in that... But, it is a valuable package... I'd just as soon keep all 3 in that package, if the return isn't there - despite it being a valuable package...

I'd imagine the package would be valuable to a team that is wanting a better chance to be a playoff-team / cup contender... The pieces would definitely help... However, the pieces would also help the Canucks if the right team at the right time isn't there to return something real significant... I'd think the right team at the right time would be willing to part with the right value to get that... But, it's difficult to find the right team at the right time... Why trades can take months (and longer) before they get done...

Just throwing it out there that I wouldn't be opposed to trading Hansen (like I wouldn't be opposed to trading Luongo), given that Kassian and Schneider are on the team... The 1st too... I'd just as happily keep that as well, if the return isn't there... If ignoring a return price, I'd imagine that some teams out there would be happy with Luongo and Hansen both on their team... Again, if the return isn't there, not available...
Not that I disagree with what you are proposing, or the thought process in getting there, but by adding different pieces with either A.) specialize the package so much only a few teams would be interested or B.) add different odds and ends (Edler, Hansen, Luongo, our 1st....) that hold some value of their own, and make a general package for another team, meaning we likely take back pieces we don't, as a majority of teams aren't in need of all three pieces (a high end starter, top pairing LD and a 3rd line anchor plus a late first draft pick).

I personally can't think of a team that "needs" both pieces in a bad way, but where the piece they don't need is something shiny thrown in if we are robbing them blind.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:21 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Not that I disagree with what you are proposing, or the thought process in getting there, but by adding different pieces with either A.) specialize the package so much only a few teams would be interested or B.) add different odds and ends (Edler, Hansen, Luongo, our 1st....) that hold some value of their own, and make a general package for another team, meaning we likely take back pieces we don't, as a majority of teams aren't in need of all three pieces (a high end starter, top pairing LD and a 3rd line anchor plus a late first draft pick).

I personally can't think of a team that "needs" both pieces in a bad way, but where the piece they don't need is something shiny thrown in if we are robbing them blind.
Ya, I'm not disagreeing with you or your thought process either... It's real specialized... It would be real difficult to pull off between two teams... Potential 3-team trade at the deadline or after the season it is The thing is, this is real good value... Value that would look just as good remaining on the Canucks... There is no need to try and pull wool over other team's eyes... Luongo is a fantastic goaltender, and Hansen is a fantastic 3rd line player... The by-product of being deep in a salary cap world is that valuable pieces that work well can be afforded to let go of - and might make sense to let go of, if the return is there... Gillis really has done a fantastic job that a player like Hansen might be available soon (given that Kassian has the potential to make Hansen available soon)... But, I'm a real big Hansen fan, so my preference is not to trade him... There is no negative reason to trade him... If Hansen is being traded, there's a positive reason in that Kassian made Hansen available, for the right price (if it's there) - where Hansen can be recycled into something else that makes the organization better... If a team was returning Luongo and Hansen at the same time (ignoring everything else other than impact on the other team's roster, including ignoring subtractions), I think lots of teams would like that addition...

Is it possible to send Luongo and Hansen to the same team at the same time given everything else? I agree, probably not...

Last edited by I in the Eye: 09-22-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old
09-22-2012, 04:28 PM
TopCookie

Hansen isn't that good. Giving a first would be an overpayment.

TopCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

its difficult to value hansen

hes a speedy winger whos a perfect 3rd liner , puts up points , uses his speed to his advantage

but he had a career year last season with points and its looking like hes getting better and better

guy throws his body around pretty good too

i cant put a value on him , but its deffenitly more then other teams would be willing to give up at this moment , he reminds me of simmonds when he was in LA , im sure if hasen was put into a second line roll (like he was with tambo and kes 2 seasons ago)

he could step it up (not to mention he has pretty good chemistry with the sedins)

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Nick Rash

Quote:

Luongo Hansen to FLORIDA -Mattias -Bjuggstad-Houser To Vancouver

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

this is why people shouldn't make threads about players like this

canucks fans = hes worth alot more then you think

other fans = he sucks hes worth nothing

unless you watch the guy play back to back 82 game seasons its kinda hard to value him

hes an important piece to vancouver , burrows like

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:46 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCookie View Post
Hansen isn't that good. Giving a first would be an overpayment.
Why would the Canucks be at all interested in moving a player who's a) cheap, b) fits club needs, c) fits positional needs, d) works his butt off every shift and is a coach's favorite, for anything that is not an overpayment?

The Canucks aren't interested in trading a player they don't want to move and one who is needed here for "fair market value" ... And especially to a division rival, you need to give an overpayment - and that too a return that makes their lineup better now by trading him - if you want a player like that.

I'd you're interested in fair market value don't ask for players that teams have no interest in moving - and don't ask for such players off division rivals.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
BCHawksfan*

I'd only move him as part of a Luongo package that gives us an upgrade at the position.

BCHawksfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:21 PM
TopCookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Why would the Canucks be at all interested in moving a player who's a) cheap, b) fits club needs, c) fits positional needs, d) works his butt off every shift and is a coach's favorite, for anything that is not an overpayment?

The Canucks aren't interested in trading a player they don't want to move and one who is needed here for "fair market value" ... And especially to a division rival, you need to give an overpayment - and that too a return that makes their lineup better now by trading him - if you want a player like that.

I'd you're interested in fair market value don't ask for players that teams have no interest in moving - and don't ask for such players off division rivals.
Just saying that Hansen isn't worth a 1st round pick.

TopCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Henrik To Daniel

what hansen means to us is what eberle means to the oilers

with that being said, if the oilers wanted hansen the nucks would want eberle coming back 1 for 1

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:25 PM
n00bxQb

^^^ Serious, Eberle ... Eberle is WAY more valuable than Hansen ... ^^^

Hansen is a 3rd line checking forward and penalty killer. His trade value might be decent near the trade deadline to a contending team ... but VAN is a buyer at the deadline, not a seller ...

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Boondock

Quote:
In a vacuum, with absolutely no attention paid to salary cap, contract, age, team needs, chemistry you are probably correct.

ANY attention paid to any of the above and one would know that a future 1st round pick isn't enough incentive for the Canucks to make that deal (unless it's a predetermined high pick that the Nuck's couldn't refuse - but there we go back into the "worth more to Van then what he would return" debate).

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:31 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
how do you calculate what he's "worth"?

Is it a hypothetical value where market factors are irrelevant? Or is value based on market factors?

If it's the former, then yes, Hansen is not worth a 1st. If it's the latter, then he is worth whatever it would take to acquire him, or what it'd take for the seller to move him - in which case he would be worth a 1st.

IMO the value of any asset (in any context in the world) is based on market factors. If you want product X and the seller who has it won't sell it for anything less then value A, while you're offering value B, what is that asset's market value? It'd be the value it'd take to get the asset, wouldn't it? In this case that's value A.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:41 PM
IComeInPeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
what hansen means to us is what eberle means to the oilers

with that being said, if the oilers wanted hansen the nucks would want eberle coming back 1 for 1
As a Nucks fan, please let me say that virtually all Canuck fans would disagree with the above statement.
That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. I love Hansen, and agree a team would have to overpay to get him out of Vancouver. Mentioning him in the same breath as Eberle is lunacy.

But, maybe that statement was an inside joke I am unaware of...?

IComeInPeace is offline   Reply With Quote