HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jannik Hansen

Old
09-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
Ya, I'm not disagreeing with you or your thought process either... It's real specialized... It would be real difficult to pull off between two teams... Potential 3-team trade at the deadline or after the season it is The thing is, this is real good value... Value that would look just as good remaining on the Canucks... There is no need to try and pull wool over other team's eyes... Luongo is a fantastic goaltender, and Hansen is a fantastic 3rd line player... The by-product of being deep in a salary cap world is that valuable pieces that work well can be afforded to let go of - and might make sense to let go of, if the return is there... Gillis really has done a fantastic job that a player like Hansen might be available soon (given that Kassian has the potential to make Hansen available soon)... But, I'm a real big Hansen fan, so my preference is not to trade him... There is no negative reason to trade him... If Hansen is being traded, there's a positive reason in that Kassian made Hansen available, for the right price (if it's there) - where Hansen can be recycled into something else that makes the organization better... If a team was returning Luongo and Hansen at the same time (ignoring everything else other than impact on the other team's roster, including ignoring subtractions), I think lots of teams would like that addition...

Is it possible to send Luongo and Hansen to the same team at the same time given everything else? I agree, probably not...
Ideally Hansen isn't pushed out, as anywhere in on our forward line up he could slot in comfortably I'd think. I remember a line of Lapierre-Sedin-Hansen was effective for a short while with Daniel out, and as a Burrows replacement he could sub in on an otherwise healthy line up.

I don't think Kassian's improvement means Hansen will be forced out though, at least I'd hope not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Luongo Hansen to FLORIDA -Mattias -Bjuggstad-Houser To Vancouver
Sure, get some more support from Florida though, I thought moving Bjustad was not happening is all.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 06:22 PM
RDRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
As a Nucks fan, please let me say that virtually all Canuck fans would disagree with the above statement.
That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. I love Hansen, and agree a team would have to overpay to get him out of Vancouver. Mentioning him in the same breath as Eberle is lunacy.

But, maybe that statement was an inside joke I am unaware of...?
He always says crazy stuff like that. He's trying to make people hate Canucks fans.

RDRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 06:34 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Ideally Hansen isn't pushed out, as anywhere in on our forward line up he could slot in comfortably I'd think. I remember a line of Lapierre-Sedin-Hansen was effective for a short while with Daniel out, and as a Burrows replacement he could sub in on an otherwise healthy line up.

I don't think Kassian's improvement means Hansen will be forced out though, at least I'd hope not

Sure, get some more support from Florida though, I thought moving Bjustad was not happening is all.
If either Kassian or Hansen is an equally effective left winger, disregard everthing I said :-)

I in the Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:49 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I think Canuck fans are going to want FAR more than you'd be willing to give up. Your probably thinking bottom
6 players/mid spects/picks. Stuff like that. But to the Canucks he is a cheap, 3rd line winger who has a decent scoring touch, solid defensively, can pk, step in to the top 6 in a pinch, speedy, can hit... Only way I can see him being moved is for a clear upgrade. Obviously no team is going to offer that, but there is no other incentive to move him.
This pretty much hit it out of the park on the first swing.

Hansen's versatility and all around ability at a great cap value is far too valuable to ship out for anything less than part of package for a major upgrade to the top-6 or for a top-pairing blueliner.

He plays hard, whatever situation you want, even has some utility as a linemate for the Sedins. Strong defensively, puckhounds like nobody else on this team when he's on, and has pretty underrated passing ability and vision. A legitimate 'plug'n'play' guy on lines 1 through 4, stalwart on the PK and not entirely out of place on a 2nd PP unit.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
This pretty much hit it out of the park on the first swing.

Hansen's versatility and all around ability at a great cap value is far too valuable to ship out for anything less than part of package for a major upgrade to the top-6 or for a top-pairing blueliner.

He plays hard, whatever situation you want, even has some utility as a linemate for the Sedins. Strong defensively, puckhounds like nobody else on this team when he's on, and has pretty underrated passing ability and vision. A legitimate 'plug'n'play' guy on lines 1 through 4, stalwart on the PK and not entirely out of place on a 2nd PP unit.
This. His versatility coupled with his cheap cap hit and age make him a perfect fit on any contender. Ask Ottawa fans what they want for Neil, or Wild fans what they'd accept for Clutterbuck. The answer for Hansen will be on par.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:30 AM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
^^^ Serious, Eberle ... Eberle is WAY more valuable than Hansen ... ^^^

Hansen is a 3rd line checking forward and penalty killer. His trade value might be decent near the trade deadline to a contending team ... but VAN is a buyer at the deadline, not a seller ...
...So what you're saying is that it doesn't make sense that the Canucks would trade Hansen except in exchange for a serious overpayment?

Obviously, Eberle is absurd, but I still don't understand why people don't get that a team isn't likely to trade away a player unless they either a) want the player gone, or b) feel that they're winning the deal. The Canucks aren't going to trade Jannik Hansen for some guy that is functionally identical to Jannik Hansen except for that they don't know what his favourite movie is.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:24 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Hansen is currently in Winnipeg working out with Jets players and his wife is from Winnipeg.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...170735556.html

If he were available, I think the Jets would be interested in him.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Hansen is currently in Winnipeg working out with Jets players and his wife is from Winnipeg.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...170735556.html

If he were available, I think the Jets would be interested in him.
Unless someone like Wheeler is coming back the other way for some sort of package involving Hansen then it wouldn't make much sense from a Canuck perspective. We need a right winger to play on our 2nd line, short of that we have no reason to move him.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Unless someone like Wheeler is coming back the other way for some sort of package involving Hansen then it wouldn't make much sense from a Canuck perspective. We need a right winger to play on our 2nd line, short of that we have no reason to move him.
Plus, he loves vancouver. He aint goin anywhere.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:15 AM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
I think it'd be cool to see him along side Nielsen. But dealing KO definitely not the Isles best interests (especially with a salary cap issue) With Kesler injured the Canucks could use another center (assuming there is a season to be had) but I doubt they'd go for Baily or Cizikas.

too bad

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 12:50 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post
I think it'd be cool to see him along side Nielsen. But dealing KO definitely not the Isles best interests (especially with a salary cap issue) With Kesler injured the Canucks could use another center (assuming there is a season to be had) but I doubt they'd go for Baily or Cizikas.

too bad
And honestly....the Isles would be silly to pay that kind of price. Great bottom 6 players are rarely moved because they tend to be signed for cheap, and aren't worth paying what it would cost to pry them away from the teams that have them. The only real mobility you see with those types of players is when they get offered big UFA contracts like Talbot did from Phillie and Prust got from Montreal. You can overpay for a bottom 6 player like that as long as you can develop cheap pieces for the rest of the bottom 6.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:08 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post

too bad
Well I guess you'll just have to give us Nielsen then

Seriously, I would love to have either him or Eller on our 3rd line. Especially with Jensen set to break in the league in a year or two.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:42 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Cant believe the over rating. He is worth Ryan Jones. No more, no less

Hansen is younger than Jones, better offensively than Jones, much better defensively than Jones, hits about as much as Jones...

Hansen also plays less minutes while doing all this and makes less money on a longer term than Jones....

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 05:23 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post

Hansen is younger than Jones, better offensively than Jones, much better defensively than Jones, hits about as much as Jones...

Hansen also plays less minutes while doing all this and makes less money on a longer term than Jones....

Naw he's just Ryan Jones v2.0

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post

Naw he's just Ryan Jones v2.0
So...an improvement? You wouldn't trade Vista for Windows ME.

Or for those of you that are up past your curfew reading this, you wouldn't trade an Iphone 5 for a 3gs.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote