HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Sign Carlo Colaiacovo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2012, 12:57 PM
  #151
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
I'm glad not everyone here hates CC because he isn't a star.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:20 PM
  #152
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I'm glad not everyone here hates CC because he isn't a star.
Star power, or lackthereof, isn't the reason the detracors hate this signing. Most hate this signing, not because of the name, but because of the attributes. I'd go into detail, but everything has been repeated ad nauseum.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 09:42 PM
  #153
sully61
Unregistered User
 
sully61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post
Star power, or lackthereof, isn't the reason the detracors hate this signing. Most hate this signing, not because of the name, but because of the attributes. I'd go into detail, but everything has been repeated ad nauseum.
No people hate it because of his reputation and that he doesn't fill Lidstrom's shoe remotely. If it wasn't Suter, Yandle, Pietriangelo, it was a fail off season.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 10:53 PM
  #154
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
No people hate it because of his reputation and that he doesn't fill Lidstrom's shoe remotely. If it wasn't Suter, Yandle, Pietriangelo, it was a fail off season.
This.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:50 PM
  #155
RabbinsDuck
Registered User
 
RabbinsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Howard plays best with more responsibility... See 2010 when he played best with all the Wings' injuries. Wings defense isn't top of the league anymore but at least they have top to bottom guys who can move the puck up the ice.

RabbinsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:22 AM
  #156
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
No people hate it because of his reputation and that he doesn't fill Lidstrom's shoe remotely. If it wasn't Suter, Yandle, Pietriangelo, it was a fail off season.
No. You're making things up.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 05:11 AM
  #157
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbinsDuck View Post
Howard plays best with more responsibility... See 2010 when he played best with all the Wings' injuries. Wings defense isn't top of the league anymore but at least they have top to bottom guys who can move the puck up the ice.
It needed nothing but a more defensive minded hockey. I remember they played a lot more "crap" defensive hockey on that time at 2009 december 2010-february. 2-1 wins with stong defence-first mentality. Babcock made that mental change and team responded. I was good adjusting for the "weaker cards" they had on that time. And Howard was great. I hope we can re-do that at next season, if there's a season.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.