HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kulikov's worth?

Old
09-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 500
Idk, but I'm not worried. Kuli said he wants to be here so I believe he'll eventually get signed.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
If he signs in KHL this season, he will play here whole season, not only lockout period.
Why post this on our boards? Are you just trying to stir up some s**t?
As soon as a new CBA is agreed upon, Tallon will get a deal done with Kulikov's agent. If they have to buyout Kuli from his KHL contract to get him back, then that's what will happen. Dmitry has always said that he want's to play in the NHL and he wants to play for the Panthers and no one else.

Last edited by SnS: 09-21-2012 at 11:32 AM.
JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 06:32 AM
FrolikFan67

carlson and fowler both got 4mil per, i'd say if he signs between 4-7 years, the most he'll get is 4.25, i say he signs somewhere between 3.7-4.0, anything at 4 per or under will be a steal for him, especially if we can lock him up longterm, hoping at least 5 years, hopefully even more.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:12 PM
KW

Quote:
If he signs in KHL this season, he will play here whole season, not only lockout period.
1) Are you claiming this because his KHL contract will require it, and the following conditions have been or will be simultaneously satisfied:
-- Kulikov is dumb enough not to check KHL contract for out clause
-- Kulikov's agent is dumb enough not to check KHL contract for out clause
-- Player contracts with NHL teams have no language outside CBA for this kind of situation should CBA expire
-- Tallon didn't do his homework while CBA expiration was looming

2) Are you claiming this because Kulikov is looking for an opportunity to get back to KHL and not return to NHL?

I'm calling BS on both 1) and 2). Kulikov will want to be back in the NHL when new CBA is signed, and he'll be with the Panthers.

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:03 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

KWGoon
KHL contracts dont have out clauses (expect those for NHLers, Kulikov is not this type of guy because has NO NHL contract). Everything is said. Read #19

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Laus723
Future Now

He'll be in the NHL. You like to think that Tallon is stupid and is gonna get caught with his pants down. Not gonna happen. Thanks for hanging around...

09-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

A contract like Carlson's would be nice! And just think, he'll only be 28 when that contract would end. You could lock him up with another deal after that. Because I mean at that point, he should just be a solid beast of a defenseman.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 08:52 PM
KW

Quote:
KWGoon
KHL contracts dont have out clauses (expect those for NHLers, Kulikov is not this type of guy because has NO NHL contract). Everything is said. Read #19
Maybe, maybe not. Are you claiming that if the CBA is signed and play begins say Jan 1 that the only way he'll be back with the Panthers is if Tallon buys his KHL contract out?

Sorry but I have a hard time taking your word for it. I admit that I don't know first hand, but it would be a bad move initially by Tallon for letting it happen and next by Kulikov for his contract negotiation during RFA period.

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:10 PM
jakethesnake23

Why is it so hard to believe that IF, repeat IF, Kulikov signed a contract with a Russian team, he would have to be bought out of it to return to the Panthers. Seems perfectly reasonable and logical to me.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:33 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Why is it so hard to believe that IF, repeat IF, Kulikov signed a contract with a Russian team, he would have to be bought out of it to return to the Panthers. Seems perfectly reasonable and logical to me.
perhaps if he was a free agent but he isn't. we're all speculating here because nobody knows the fine print but i agree with the others here - it would be a ridiculous oversight on the part of tallon to allow things to get to this point if it meant that kuli couldn't come back for the whole year and i don't buy that he or santos would let that happen.

for the record, this is what GR said on the matter via twitter (https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/s...810758971392):

Quote:
Dmitry Kulikov says he wants to sign new deal w/ #FlaPanthers ... Is confident will happen after CBA fixed. Could go KHL for #NHLockout
sure as hell doesn't sound like kuli would be trapped there. i would bet that in the case of RFAs, when a deal is signed, the contract in russia is voided. that would mean that when the lockout ends (or an end is imminent), tallon would hustle and sign kuli to have him back for the start of the shortened season.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:42 AM
jakethesnake23

I have no doubt that if Kulikov decided to play in Russia, all parties would be informed and plans would be made for Kulikov to return when the NHL resumes. I don't doubt that for a second. Kuli wants to be a Panther and Tallon wants him and wouldnt be careless and be unprepared for this situation.

Was just commenting on how defensive people got over a clerical point that no one really knows the truth about.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
He'll be in the NHL. You like to think that Tallon is stupid and is gonna get caught with his pants down. Not gonna happen. Thanks for hanging around...
Right now your GM can't do anything on account of lock-out. If Kulikov signs a contract with a KHL club, the contract, by KHL rules, can't be shorter than 1 year. And since Kulikov doesn't have a legit NHL contract he will have to play the whole season in KHL. If he leaves, it'll be a NHL-KHL agreement's violation... It's that simple.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Right now your GM can't do anything on account of lock-out. If Kulikov signs a contract with a KHL club, the contract, by KHL rules, can't be shorter than 1 year. And since Kulikov doesn't have a legit NHL contract he will have to play the whole season in KHL. If he leaves, it'll be a NHL-KHL agreement's violation... It's that simple.
Thanks, completely missed my point. Kuli came over early, he desires to play in the NHL, not the crappy K. Tallon, as I've said and will say again, is not an idiot and if he thought he could lose his young stud defenseman for a year, he would've signed him up. Same with every RFA out there. Either he knows Kuli won't go, or a deal can be made.

Troll all ya want, my answer says the same, he'll be here once CBA is signed.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
yes, this has been mentioned several times by you and the other poster. we get that there is probably a clause to that effect but we aren't buying it that it's applicable in this case. there's something missing.

keep repeating the clause all you like. nobody here believes it's that simple.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 04:36 PM
jol

So Kulikov is heading to Lokomotiv Jaroslav?
BTW, Marcel Goc is playing in Germany, Mannheim.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Bure

Quote:
Thanks, completely missed my point. Kuli came over early, he desires to play in the NHL, not the crappy K. Tallon, as I've said and will say again, is not an idiot and if he thought he could lose his young stud defenseman for a year, he would've signed him up. Same with every RFA out there. Either he knows Kuli won't go, or a deal can be made.

No need for insults, chill.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 10:17 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Your absolutely right. The lst couple of times the comments from the frozen tundra were interesting, but since its been repeated over and over, it can only be meant to harras or annoy.

This is a non issue. The only way Kulikov leaves its for a sonnlaw of a pizza maker.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Richards
All players who play in Europe still belong to the Panthers once the lockout is lifted; players are negotiating out clauses into their European contracts.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#storylink=cpy
... and there you have it.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Catsfan7

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
I'm told FLA RFA D Dmitry Kulikov headed home to play for Lokomotiv for duration of lockout.

There you have it.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Beezeral

considering my childhood love of trains, I wouldnt mind a Kulikov Lokomotiv jersey

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote