HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2012, 11:40 AM
  #1
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Just starting a thread for trade rumours throughout the season. Are there any players out there that could be traded in the near future?

I know of:
D Kris Grant (Erie Otters)
F Greg Sutch (Barrie Colts)
D Chris Buonomo (Barrie Colts)

Any other players out there?

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 11:08 PM
  #2
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
It appears Connor Crisp wants out of Erie so he seems to be on the block as well.

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 11:57 PM
  #3
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's
 
Michael Gary Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,930
vCash: 50
Was speculated Biggs was going to be sent out of Oshawa prior to the season, but since the lockout happened a few guys stayed back and Oshawa is a contender.

Michael Gary Scott is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 12:36 AM
  #4
LeafsFIO
Registered User
 
LeafsFIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Granby, Quebec
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Ryan Shipley (67's) demanded a trade and is at home in London waiting to be dealt. It's the second time he's gone home to ask for a trade.

LeafsFIO is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 08:28 AM
  #5
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,314
vCash: 500
The Knights will be making a move within the next 6 weeks to 2 months guaranteed. Once Jammes gets cleared to play it will put Restoule out of the lineup and they still have to find room to get Pawley into some games. London is log jammed and will be taking picks in return unless they package 2 or 3 players for a top 6 defenceman to shore up the back end. Not many holes in London's lineup..but they have some players who could be moved.

Pawley
Restoule
Welychka
Ferry
Patterson(if he has to sit behind Bailie much longer)

those 5, top the list of players who could be on the block.

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 09:40 AM
  #6
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Just starting a thread for trade rumours throughout the season. Are there any players out there that could be traded in the near future?

I know of:
D Kris Grant (Erie Otters)
F Greg Sutch (Barrie Colts)
D Chris Buonomo (Barrie Colts)

Any other players out there?
Hopefully Nick Ebert on the spitfires is traded soon guys pretty useless.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 11:16 AM
  #7
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
Kitchener has an abundance of experienced players that are available.

Goalie: Frankie Palazzese**

Defence:
Cory Genovese 94*
Owen Stewart 95*
Jesse Young 94
Jared Gilbert 95**

Forwards:
Eric Ming 92
Brent Pederson 95*
Brandon Lesway 94
Curtis Meighan 94

* nice return back to Kitchener
** a really nice return back to Kitchener

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 02:34 PM
  #8
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Kris Grant of the Erie Otters no longer on the trade block as he cleared waivers and was released today

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 07:29 PM
  #9
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
The Knights will be making a move within the next 6 weeks to 2 months guaranteed. Once Jammes gets cleared to play it will put Restoule out of the lineup and they still have to find room to get Pawley into some games. London is log jammed and will be taking picks in return unless they package 2 or 3 players for a top 6 defenceman to shore up the back end. Not many holes in London's lineup..but they have some players who could be moved.

Pawley
Restoule
Welychka
Ferry
Patterson(if he has to sit behind Bailie much longer)

those 5, top the list of players who could be on the block.
1st: I disagree. If Knights are going to make a run at the cup, they need these players. and they need players who can step in incase of suspension or injury. Every One of these players can do that and should not be traded just for picks. I dont forsee Patterson moving as much as much as he wants to play, He will prove himself eventually and get starts. You need two solid goalies to win the cup as well. Knights have all the pieces they need, minus maybe some leadership up front.

2nd: They do not need to give up much to shore up on D as Ottawa 67's D Ryan Shipley is currently in London awaiting a trade. He wont play for Ottawa this year so they'll take whatever they can get for him.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 08:07 PM
  #10
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
1st: I disagree. If Knights are going to make a run at the cup, they need these players. and they need players who can step in incase of suspension or injury. Every One of these players can do that and should not be traded just for picks. I dont forsee Patterson moving as much as much as he wants to play, He will prove himself eventually and get starts. You need two solid goalies to win the cup as well. Knights have all the pieces they need, minus maybe some leadership up front.

2nd: They do not need to give up much to shore up on D as Ottawa 67's D Ryan Shipley is currently in London awaiting a trade. He wont play for Ottawa this year so they'll take whatever they can get for him.
I guess we'll just have to wait

Everything is speculation...remember that

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
09-26-2012, 12:40 AM
  #11
natephil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
It appears Connor Crisp wants out of Erie so he seems to be on the block as well.
where did you get this info? I'm not saying i don't believe you cause I fully do, just curious if you know the reasoning and details about it at all? Thanks

natephil is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 01:46 PM
  #12
H44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
John Chartrand has signed with the Moncton Wildcats in the Q.

H44 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:07 PM
  #13
BramptonFan09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
I believe Brampton is looking to move a veteran defenceman to make room for rookie Kyle Wood. I would suspect Spencer Abraham will be on his way out. Any team looking to add depth on defence would benefit nicely from this acquisition. A good puck moving defenseman.

BramptonFan09 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 02:09 PM
  #14
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Guelph needs some D in the worst way. Everyone has been awful.

I understand Sparks needs to take some blame for the first two games, but the defence hasn't been much better.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 08:12 PM
  #15
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H44 View Post
John Chartrand has signed with the Moncton Wildcats in the Q.
Barrie's own. He could use a fresh start...wish him well.

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 02:55 PM
  #16
Kingpin794
Lucky 13
 
Kingpin794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Freeland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Hearing that Gregg Sutch may soon be on his way to Saginaw.

Kingpin794 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
  #17
Kingpin794
Lucky 13
 
Kingpin794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Freeland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
It's offical. Saginaw has traded a 5th rounder in 2015 to Barrie for Gregg Sutch.

Seems like a good deal. If he produces great. If not, it's a pick that can be recovered very easily.

Kingpin794 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
  #18
clearwater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
It's time to develope young guys, especially the 2013 NHL draft eligible kids. Give them opportunities with top six forward minutes and power play time to shine, all the other ohl teams are doing it with their 95's. They have the opportunity to have at least 3 players that are already on the radar to get drafted even higher and move up on the rankings, if they give them the opportunity to show their stuff instead of worrying about OA.

clearwater is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
  #19
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
It's time to develop young guys, especially the 2013 NHL draft eligible kids. Give them opportunities with top six forward minutes and power play time to shine, all the other ohl teams are doing it with their 95's. They have the opportunity to have at least 3 players that are already on the radar to get drafted even higher and move up on the rankings, if they give them the opportunity to show their stuff instead of worrying about OA.
There are lots of teams that won't showcase their 95's this year just as they didn't showcase the 94's year before and 93's year before that. Get the picture? I agree with you that a draft eligible kid should get Powerplays for sure and top 6 minutes as that's how they will get noticed. If you don't and they only get the odd shift of negative ice then don't expect to get them drafted and then also don't wonder why future prospects will shy away from that type of a program. Smart agents and families have to look at the success or lack of and then pick the Organizations with solid track records. But not all coaches and associations think that way. Adding another OA for Saginaw is going to mean younger will lose ice so that's probably going over well for the draft eligible players right about now.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 10:04 AM
  #20
clearwater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
The other OHL teams are giving their 95's lot of opportunities. Most of them are getting top 6 forward minutes and power play opportunities and playing with veteran players, just look at the game sheets. I agree with your comment about reaearching teams who have a history of developing young guys, good advise

clearwater is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:14 AM
  #21
superspitfan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
The other OHL teams are giving their 95's lot of opportunities. Most of them are getting top 6 forward minutes and power play opportunities and playing with veteran players, just look at the game sheets. I agree with your comment about reaearching teams who have a history of developing young guys, good advise
The unfortunate thing is that sometimes a kid that would be in a top line on one team gets buried into a bottom line because of what is on that team. Not all players can simply choose what team they want to go to and although the coaches aren't necessarily developing those guys nor giving them a chance to play with the better lines, they also won't consider moving them to another team. What is good for a team isn't always good for an individual player.

superspitfan99 is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 04:16 PM
  #22
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Have heard rumblings Erie could be in the market for a top for d-man. Considering This is not a year they will be making a run I assume it will not be an overager.

I know Bateman is on the block but he is far from a top four d-man right now.

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 04:45 PM
  #23
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Petes seem to be rebuilding so a few of their vets will likely be moved. Seems Mathers will be gone and maybe Findlay or Menard.

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 05:26 PM
  #24
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
I know Guelph could still use a top 4 d-man, one preferebly more defensive minded.

Finn, Pedan and Leslie have all been real steady so far this season. Harpur and Poliziani have been all right and would probably be fine on a bottom pairing. Bauman and Locke have both been an adventure so far.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 05:36 PM
  #25
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Have heard rumblings Erie could be in the market for a top for d-man. Considering This is not a year they will be making a run I assume it will not be an overager.

I know Bateman is on the block but he is far from a top four d-man right now.
I disagree

NHL Fanatic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.