HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrick Kane and his value

Old
09-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

vCash: 500
Kane isn't better than Toews, although the ultimate difference between the two is pretty negligible and this is coming from someone who has watched every game of both of their careers.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Intense Rage

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
There is no way Kane is better than Toews. Watch every single Hawks game and you'll understand why. Toews isn't all about points - albeit he does rack them up. He's probably one of the top three captains in the league, if not the best.

As for Kane's value, he would probably bring back a top six centre, it's just that no team would be willing to give up that "top-six" centre.
You speak as if you know our team needs better than we do, we need a top 6 center so that we can switch Kane back to wing where he is a much better player. We need a top 6 center to play with Kane not to deal him for one. And lol at Kane wont bring back a top 6 center.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

No team willing to give up a top-six center for Patrick Kane

Old
09-22-2012, 02:37 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
You speak as if you know our team needs better than we do, we need a top 6 center so that we can switch Kane back to wing where he is a much better player. We need a top 6 center to play with Kane not to deal him for one. And lol at Kane wont bring back a top 6 center.
I watch nearly every Hawks game as an outsider fan because they're a great team to watch. I never said I know the needs better than a die-hard Hawks fan. I know the team wants to switch Kane back to wing - all that I'm saying is that a top six centre is not something every team just wants to deal away..

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
I watch nearly every Hawks game as an outsider fan because they're a great team to watch. I never said I know the needs better than a die-hard Hawks fan. I know the team wants to switch Kane back to wing - all that I'm saying is that a top six centre is not something every team just wants to deal away..
Unless the team in question is ridiculously thin at center, not one organization in the NHL would say no to giving up a top-6 C for Kane.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:43 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Unless the team in question is ridiculously thin at center, not one organization in the NHL would say no to giving up a top-6 C for Kane.
I agree with you, Kane has that ridiculous talent that would net the Hawks a top six centre. It's tough to deal elite player for elite player though with added players to make the deal make sense for both sides.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
I agree with you, Kane has that ridiculous talent that would net the Hawks a top six centre. It's tough to deal elite player for elite player though with added players to make the deal make sense for both sides.
The Hawks don't need an elite player, they need a capable #2C. And a capable second line center holds nowhere near the value of Patrick Kane.

Old
09-22-2012, 03:41 PM
RC51

now that he has a big contract I don't want him.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Henrik To Daniel

letang

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:02 PM
SnapVirus

Tomas Plekanec (if he does more than 60ish points this year on the 2nd line)
+ Nathan Beaulieu (8.0C - top pair d-man NHL) + Aaron Palushaj (shot at 3rd line NHL)

vs

Patrick Kane
+ Philippe Paradis (career ahler) + Shawn Lalonde (shot at middle D pair NHL)

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
That's okay. Neither are we.

Kane deserves at least a very good second line player and a blue chip prospect.

There's no reason to trade him for anything less. Truthfully, even that kind of package might not be enough to sway the Hawks.
Plekanec, Emelin, Tinordi, 2013 1st.
For
Kane, 2013 2nd

Elite 2nd line center, solid stay at home hitting defenceman, blue chip defenceman, 1st rounder in a deep draft.

I am not sure either team would do this, but I think that is somewhere around the value.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Plekanec, Emelin, Tinordi, 2013 1st.
For
Kane, 2013 2nd

Elite 2nd line center, solid stay at home hitting defenceman, blue chip defenceman, 1st rounder in a deep draft.

I am not sure either team would do this, but I think that is somewhere around the value.
Fair value (congrats, honestly - so few have been able to get this), but yeah, I don't think either side does it.

Old
09-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Thing is, and even as a Canuck fan I think the world of Kane's abilities, most teams that need his services can't afford fair value.

The Canucks would like him, but we don't have the appropriate pieces to make it happen without really messing up our team. The teams that need someone that can be a face of a franchise likely don't have the 2nd line center (higher end of this) and a blue chip prospect available.

I'd still like to take a stab at Edler for Kane or Schneider+ for Kane, but both fanbases are too far apart to hash things out, and neither centerpiece offers a 2nd line forward.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 07:41 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Thing is, and even as a Canuck fan I think the world of Kane's abilities, most teams that need his services can't afford fair value.

The Canucks would like him, but we don't have the appropriate pieces to make it happen without really messing up our team. The teams that need someone that can be a face of a franchise likely don't have the 2nd line center (higher end of this) and a blue chip prospect available.

I'd still like to take a stab at Edler for Kane or Schneider+ for Kane, but both fanbases are too far apart to hash things out, and neither centerpiece offers a 2nd line forward.
Burrows and Schneider for Kane

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 07:49 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
In a one for one, it would have to be a young center like RNH.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Burrows and Schneider for Kane
Both teams say no.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:48 AM
handyj

This whole thread was made because Hawks fans were upset they couldn't convince Bruins fans that it would be good to give up Krejci and Hamilton for Kane. They are looking for the rest of HF to all jump up and declare how amazing Kane is and that they'd give up anything they wanted for him.

I mean, who wouldn't give up a top centerman and a top prospect and some more for him? Like once you take into consideration that he has had injuries, he's played different forward positions, he's had bad linemates, the Hawks' PP is bad, and that the equipment manager couldn't find the color stick tape he likes, Kane's practically a 100+ point player. If only he had some luck.

handyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Oates2Neely

Kane to Florida

for

Weiss
Gudbransson

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Kane to Florida

for

Weiss
Gudbransson
Weiss is their only top 6 centre right now, doubt they trade him.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj View Post
This whole thread was made because Hawks fans were upset they couldn't convince Bruins fans that it would be good to give up Krejci and Hamilton for Kane. They are looking for the rest of HF to all jump up and declare how amazing Kane is and that they'd give up anything they wanted for him.

I mean, who wouldn't give up a top centerman and a top prospect and some more for him? Like once you take into consideration that he has had injuries, he's played different forward positions, he's had bad linemates, the Hawks' PP is bad, and that the equipment manager couldn't find the color stick tape he likes, Kane's practically a 100+ point player. If only he had some luck.
... Or maybe it's simply that he's an incredibly dynamic player with very obvious potential to be a perennial 90+ point player.

Wait, it is.

Hence you can surely understand Chicago fans' unwillingness to let him go.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:55 PM
mashmont

Krejci + Prospect.

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Rydgar

I'd say a good baseline would be Seguin for Kane. It would probably solve both of Boston's and Chicago's needs. Boston has too many centres that they need to convert to wingers and Chicago has too many wngers and not enough centres. Boston may need to add a pick though.

Rydgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Kane is a keeper and will not get traded. End of the story

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydgar View Post
I'd say a good baseline would be Seguin for Kane. It would probably solve both of Boston's and Chicago's needs. Boston has too many centres that they need to convert to wingers and Chicago has too many wngers and not enough centres. Boston may need to add a pick though.
Boston would easily say no to that.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 05:22 PM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Kane isn't better than Toews, although the ultimate difference between the two is pretty negligible and this is coming from someone who has watched every game of both of their careers.
The difference between Kane & Toews is easy to see, especially if you've watched all their games...Kane doesn't score, whaddya got?

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote