HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrick Marleau

Old
09-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Flames1217

vCash: 50
As a Flames fan i would be willing to trade Curtis Glencross, A first, and any prospect that is not Bartschi, Jankowski, and Granlund.

Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Winky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
If the sharks tank this season, no pun intended, could be a nice pickup at the deadline for the Canucks. Obviously start with a 1st and go from there.
What season?

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Fastasaurus

Krejci,Caron,Khoklachev, and Thomas

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:47 AM
kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
As a Flames fan i would be willing to trade Curtis Glencross, A first, and any prospect that is not Bartschi, Jankowski, and Granlund.
So basically no one of value.

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCShark View Post
as a sharks fan i would love to get rid of patty
Devils will take him.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Devils will take him.
NO

2 criminally underrated Patties in one team is unfair.

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
NO

2 criminally underrated Patties in one team is unfair.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Devils will take him.
We have nothing to offer that they want.

They don't need defensemen. A proposal that they would consider would have to center around Josefson and Clarkson, or similar players. Hurts us more than it helps us.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:10 PM
TurdFerguson

No way should Sharks trade Marleau right now, they're a great 3rd line center away from a cup.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM
mytor4*

A 7 mil dollar a yr 33 yr old player who's in his declining yrs.I don't think the Sharks would get as much as they think.He would be a good deadline bait for a top team going for the cup .

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:02 PM
MVW

For people saying the Flames would be interested, they won't like what the Flames would offer. Backlund would be about the best piece, Glencross is going no where as is the same with Gio. Possibly around Bouwmeester I could see..

Personally I'd offer Backlund, Babchuk and Granlund. My offer would end there due to Marleau's cap hit and age.

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
Probably something similar to what Jeff carter got
If you mean in the second trade then definetly, but if you think he'll get the type of package Columbus paid for him I think not.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:57 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
If you mean in the second trade then definetly, but if you think he'll get the type of package Columbus paid for him I think not.
A young 2nd line forward and a mid-first round pick is not unreasonable to expect. Probably not a top-10 pick, but between 10-15 would be possible.

As to the "Thornton and Marleau" to Buffalo idea, it's not a bad one, assuming the Sharks want to rebuild. Grigorenko would be a start, and then something around Armia/Adam/Ennis types of players, a first, etc. But yeah, Buffalo has quite a few good forward prospects and young roster fowards. Thornton especially has monster value. But Marleau and Thornton would be great fits in Buffalo, especially if they were going to go on a big playoff run.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:18 AM
Iceonfire

Paajarvi, Lander

It seems like a steep price. But proven 30 goal scorers never come cheap. SJ would get younger. And also get a gritty hard working 3rd line center and a fast LW with great size.

EDM has so much depth on the LW that losing Paajarvi isn't as bad as some would think it is. Hartikainen, Moroz, Cornet, Zharkov, etc..

It would suck to lose Lander but he is exactly what SJ needs.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
A 7 mil dollar a yr 33 yr old player who's in his declining yrs.I don't think the Sharks would get as much as they think.He would be a good deadline bait for a top team going for the cup .
That is still a player that pots 30+ goals and is one of the best defensive wingers in the game that can be a solid option at center when needed. He is still worth every penny of his contract.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:47 AM
TOGuy14

I know that Marleau puts up the points / goals, but as a Toronto fan I don't really have any interest in him or the game he brings with him, and we are desperate for someone who can play C too...

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Esq.

His value will almost certainly be less than Carter's was (8th overall + Voracek) due to age and worse contract. If Buffalo wants Marleau, I think Adam + Grigorenko/Girgensons + mid prospect would be a good offer. SJ probably wouldn't do this now though, as they want to be competitive right now - they are a good team, but their window is closing with Thornton and especially Boyle getting older.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 10:20 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
His value will almost certainly be less than Carter's was (8th overall + Voracek) due to age and worse contract. If Buffalo wants Marleau, I think Adam + Grigorenko/Girgensons + mid prospect would be a good offer. SJ probably wouldn't do this now though, as they want to be competitive right now - they are a good team, but their window is closing with Thornton and especially Boyle getting older.
Yuck. No. Why on earth would Buffalo trade either of Grigs/Girgs for a player who might have anywhere between 0-3 more effective years left in his career? And also there's this thing called the salary cap that would dictate Buffalo send salary back to SJ to accommodate Marleau.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Marleau is not being traded. You can't ignore his NTC and if asked he isn't going to waive. At most, Doug Wilson might decide to not offer him a contract when his current one is up, but that would officially be the stupidest thing DW has ever done, which is saying a LOT.

As far as I'm concerned, Marleau should remain a Shark for the rest of his career. And I've said many times that if the team is looking to rebuild, the guy you trade is Thornton, not Marleau. JT will return more in trade value, while Marleau is a much more flexible player who will prove valuable in pretty much any role you put him in.

For those of you who think he isn't worth much, think about what he's worth to San Jose. Marleau is a consistent 30+ goal scorer who can play with anyone and who isn't dependent on Thornton for his points. He has massive speed (among the fastest in the league even at his current age) and so far has not slowed down at all. He's one of the best defensive forwards on the team as well as one of the best (if not the best) offensive forward (in goal scoring) on the team. And he's a gym rat who is likely to remain a top-end forward for at least 3-5 more years, and who will likely remain an effective NHL player until he is 40 or older (barring major injury). And the frosting on the cake is that he loves San Jose, his family is from there, and he will likely accept a reasonable to below market value salary to stay with the team as long as he gets his NMC (which I guarantee will be in all future contracts).

So if your team wants him, you better offer up assets that provide a better value to the Sharks than the above. That's not likely to happen, and even if it was offered, it's not likely he gets moved anyway. So pay through the nose, or move on to the next fantasy option for a top-line LW for "scraps" that you think are available.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalessin View Post
Glencross is a great player signed to a great contract. However he has a no movement as he signed for cheap so that he could still run his ranch, and be close to home. He would not waive even if Marleau would.
Also the flames 1st likely will be a top 10.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:05 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
yea i meant the LA trade but the columbus package wasnt all that great either, you can thank ottawa and winnepeg for making that deal a steal for the flyers.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalessin View Post
He's offering a quality package. Glencross and a 1st is a great starting point, another prospect like Brodie or Reinhart is certainly going to make it a reasonable offer. Glencross brings alot of what Marleau does with less offense, more grit and he's younger and cheaper. A solid prospect and a 1st is a reasonable equalizer IMO.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
He's offering a quality package. Glencross and a 1st is a great starting point, another prospect like Brodie or Reinhart is certainly going to make it a reasonable offer. Glencross brings alot of what Marleau does with less offense, more grit and he's younger and cheaper. A solid prospect and a 1st is a reasonable equalizer IMO.
Glencross is barely three years younger than Marleau and a lot worse. A trade with Glencross as a centerpiece makes absolutely no sense.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Oates2Neely

Marleau to a team like Winnipeg would be ideal, as they need a veteran with a consistant scoring presence. What would it take from Winnipeg to land Marleau?

*Also, i'm assuming Marleau playing LW now because of the emergence of Couture & Pavelski, or is he just not cutting it anymore as a Center? I would think teams looking for a top-6 center would be interested in Marleau if indeed he were made available.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:58 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Marleau to a team like Winnipeg would be ideal, as they need a veteran with a consistant scoring presence. What would it take from Winnipeg to land Marleau?

*Also, i'm assuming Marleau playing LW now because of the emergence of Couture & Pavelski, or is he just not cutting it anymore as a Center? I would think teams looking for a top-6 center would be interested in Marleau if indeed he were made available.
From Winnipeg? Only Kane makes sense for us as we need top 6 forwards especially on wing. Pretty sure you guys won't do it though.

Marleau has been playing wing because of Pavelski and Couture. In fact Pavelski himself has had to move to wing with Thornton and Marleau because of Couture. We really have no scoring wingers left for Jumbo, so Marleau has had to do it. We are pretty desperate for an elite goal-scoring winger.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote