HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C/W Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL 2013 Draft)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2012, 11:11 AM
  #226
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I feel Drouin is going to have a tremendous year. Way too much talent and hockey sense. IMO, when it's all said and done, he could crack the top 5. Reminds me a lot of Claude Giroux.
Quote:
His hockey sense is really something. He has great hands and poise. Me too he reminds me a little of Claude Giroux. I saw him live a couple times in Rimouski last playoffs and he impress me more than Mackinnon each times, and Mackinnon was not bad, far from it.
His hands have improved a ton! Undressing people left and right in pre-season and last night showing those slick moves again. He can control the game in offensive zone with his great moves, and his elite IQ. Skating has also improved too.

It would be sweet if we could have 1A and 1B superstars, if MacKinnon doesn't find the net, Drouin could take over and viceversa.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 11:25 AM
  #227
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
His hands have improved a ton! Undressing people left and right in pre-season and last night showing those slick moves again. He can control the game in offensive zone with his great moves, and his elite IQ. Skating has also improved too.

It would be sweet if we could have 1A and 1B superstars, if MacKinnon doesn't find the net, Drouin could take over and viceversa.
Totally agree. The only downside is that not a lot of people outside of Quebec knows him. But to have follow him with Duclair and Matheson with the Lac St. Louis Lions in the Midget AAA, I had that feeling that he can turn into a premier prospect. When watching some games, Drouin can be the spark of the team instead of MacKinnon. What happens if Drouin outscores MacKinnon this year?

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  #228
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Totally agree. The only downside is that not a lot of people outside of Quebec knows him. But to have follow him with Duclair and Matheson with the Lac St. Louis Lions in the Midget AAA, I had that feeling that he can turn into a premier prospect. When watching some games, Drouin can be the spark of the team instead of MacKinnon. What happens if Drouin outscores MacKinnon this year?
Playing a full year would've have gone a long way in getting his name out there, but more games like this and that won't be a problem.

Some Moose fans were thinking that last night... Only one game but man he looks like a much improved player in every aspect of his game. As a moose fan I'd love to see him outscore MacKinnon, because I don't see MacKinnon regressing too much. But his draft stock can only go up IMO.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 02:36 PM
  #229
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Drouin will go top 8 by seasons end. Simply phenomenal skillset and hockey sense. Patrick Kane type player.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 02:31 PM
  #230
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
Already five points (1+4) in two periods vs. PEI today.

He is pretty decent.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 02:36 PM
  #231
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Already five points (1+4) in two periods vs. PEI today.

He is pretty decent.
I see 1+3 right now. Just wanted to check to be sure. He and MacKinnon seem to be in top form today.

BLASPHEMOUS is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 02:38 PM
  #232
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I see 1+3 right now. Just wanted to check to be sure. He and MacKinnon seem to be in top form today.
The Q site had the MacKinnon PPG wrong.

It was announced as MacKinnon from Abeltshauser and Drouin, I believe.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 02:49 PM
  #233
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
The Q site had the MacKinnon PPG wrong.

It was announced as MacKinnon from Abeltshauser and Drouin, I believe.
Ah, good good.

BLASPHEMOUS is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:25 PM
  #234
Slick Eller
Registered User
 
Slick Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Laurentides
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
7pts in 2 games.

Slick Eller is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:49 PM
  #235
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Wowza, whata game for the "kids". Magic. Drouin looks so dominant with the puck.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
  #236
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
What's the highest somebody could realistically see Drouin go in the draft?

Ashasx is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:09 PM
  #237
OEL for Norris
"Derpman-Larsson"
 
OEL for Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Langley,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
5th overall if he keeps this pace however...maybe even higher!

OEL for Norris is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:48 PM
  #238
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I think he could could go as far as 3rd if he has a Patrick Kane type season.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:59 PM
  #239
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,381
vCash: 500
This kid is a monster. He's gonna surprise a lot of people.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 06:10 PM
  #240
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,973
vCash: 597
There are so many ''potential top 5'' candidates at this rate I've stopped counting them. What a draft class.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 06:57 PM
  #241
MaxLacoste
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
I don't want him to have a incredible year because I hope that the Habs will have a chance to get him. If there's a season I think Montreal will pick between 10 and 15 overall and I want Drouin bigtime.

MaxLacoste is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 06:59 PM
  #242
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
I don't want him to have a incredible year because I hope that the Habs will have a chance to get him. If there's a season I think Montreal will pick between 10 and 15 overall and I want Drouin bigtime.
Fortunately enough; we have 3 seconds to trade up... This draft class is ridiculous

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 07:11 PM
  #243
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,204
vCash: 500
Can he play center?

Kulemon is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
  #244
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Can he play center?
He's smart enough to, but he's probably be better at wing. Sorta like a tanguay from his COL days, his playstyle combined with him being at wing is a unique advantage. He seems to be a very versatile player

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
  #245
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
He's smart enough to, but he's probably be better at wing. Sorta like a tanguay from his COL days, his playstyle combined with him being at wing is a unique advantage. He seems to be a very versatile player
this guy to me looks just like Daniel Briere did back in his Drummondville days almost a clone of him.

scoutman1 is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 07:48 PM
  #246
golffuul
Registered User
 
golffuul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
this guy to me looks just like Daniel Briere did back in his Drummondville days almost a clone of him.
Probably the best comparison, at this point. Has an edge to his game like Briere does and can score in bunches.

Was interesting to note that if MacKinnon wasn't in the Bantam Draft for 2011, that Drouin was head and shoulders the best prospect in that draft. Amazing that Halifax got MacKinnon, Drouin, AND Fucale. Fucale, if a team needed a goaltender, could go really early in the draft as well as he is the only "A" rated goaltender in the draft. Could easily see all three go top 10 in 2013 Draft.

golffuul is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 07:50 PM
  #247
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,973
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
this guy to me looks just like Daniel Briere did back in his Drummondville days almost a clone of him.
But Drouin is a bit taller...

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 08:06 PM
  #248
Breakfast of Champs
Registered User
 
Breakfast of Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golffuul View Post
Probably the best comparison, at this point. Has an edge to his game like Briere does and can score in bunches.

Was interesting to note that if MacKinnon wasn't in the Bantam Draft for 2011, that Drouin was head and shoulders the best prospect in that draft. Amazing that Halifax got MacKinnon, Drouin, AND Fucale. Fucale, if a team needed a goaltender, could go really early in the draft as well as he is the only "A" rated goaltender in the draft. Could easily see all three go top 10 in 2013 Draft.
Drouin was not considered head and shoulders above duclair in the midget draft. Many thought duclair was the better player.

Breakfast of Champs is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 08:14 PM
  #249
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
What's the highest somebody could realistically see Drouin go in the draft?
This years huberdeau. #3

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 08:21 PM
  #250
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
This years huberdeau. #3
Yeah but Huberdeau got recognized much later in the season. Although, both did really well in their post season the year before.

Jabba11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.