HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Florida

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Be a Hab

vCash: 500
Montreal-Florida

Florida: Nick Bjugstad

Montreal: Thomas Plekanec

Ok first of all this trade would only go through at the trade deadline.

Florida would be 1-9 in the eastern conference standings and Montreal would hold position 12-15

Florida get a Good C, two way forward with good speed and playoff experience to try and get them trough the first round. He is also signed to a really nice contract. Florida have good depth at the Center position (prospects) maybe they would be ready to trade one to get better now.

Montreal get a good Center prospect in Bjugstad. He is 6'5 190 pounds and only gonna get heavier. I see him becoming a good 2nd/3rd line center. He would most likely make the team next year with Galchenyuk. Montreal would on go a rebuild but with so may draft picks and good young talent soon to be promoted the rebuild would be short lived.

I know this is alot of ''if and but's'' BUT IF this scenario would come true would either team make this trade?? How is the value??

Last edited by Be a Hab: 09-23-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: bad value removed draft pick from florida
Old
09-23-2012, 01:15 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

I can already tell this isn't going to go well.

Old
09-23-2012, 01:16 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Not even gonna waste time on this one. Those assets are off the table.

Old
09-23-2012, 01:17 PM
danyhabsfan

Habs fan here

Florida says no

Old
palindrom

Who is giving the 1st round pick?

I guess its Montreal.

As a Montreal fan i would do Plekanec for Bjugstad, but not if we have to add a 1st.

Old
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Since he got here Tallon has preached the biggest weakness on the Panthers was size down the middle and growing your own prospects. They aren't going to to trade their big center prospect and a first for another smallish center they already have Weiss.

Old
09-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Be a Hab

oppps ok let's take out the pick my bad !!! My value was way off on this one

Old
09-23-2012, 01:23 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
oppps ok let's take out the pick my bad !!! My value was way off on this one
Doesnt really help, since there is no chance Tallon deals Bjugstad after what he has done in College. He has all the tools to be an elite NHL player.

Old
09-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Blank

Grimaldi seems to be the odd man out in the Panthers center prospect pool.. So he might be available, Hub+Bjug are the untouchables.

Tallon would prolly counter with something built around Grimaldi.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

FLD has no need for Plekanec, and Bjudstad is way more than a "2nd/3rd line center."

Old
09-23-2012, 02:36 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Is today Florida gets ***** day?

Old
09-23-2012, 02:43 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
FLD has no need for Plekanec, and Bjudstad is way more than a "2nd/3rd line center."
Say what?

Yeah, he's way more than a 2C... in the NCAA.

People talk as if the guy is a lock to be a 70+ points center before he even plays an NHL game. Heck , he is still a season or two away from even being ready for the pros.

If Bjustad turns out to be good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Pleks he will have been a successful pick already. But here are folks saying the finished product locked for a couple of years in a contract isn't worth a question mark that may not even become an NHLer.

Its like people forget that prospects seldom reach their ceiling. Not that Nick isn't a good one but about half of the guys hyped end up by the wayside.

Old
09-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
Florida: Nick Bjugstad

Montreal: Thomas Plekanec

Ok first of all this trade would only go through at the trade deadline.

Florida would be 1-9 in the eastern conference standings and Montreal would hold position 12-15

Florida get a Good C, two way forward with good speed and playoff experience to try and get them trough the first round. He is also signed to a really nice contract. Florida have good depth at the Center position (prospects) maybe they would be ready to trade one to get better now.

Montreal get a good Center prospect in Bjugstad. He is 6'5 190 pounds and only gonna get heavier. I see him becoming a good 2nd/3rd line center. He would most likely make the team next year with Galchenyuk. Montreal would on go a rebuild but with so may draft picks and good young talent soon to be promoted the rebuild would be short lived.

I know this is alot of ''if and but's'' BUT IF this scenario would come true would either team make this trade?? How is the value??
I know. I repeat, I know this will neeeever happen. That trade is just Florida handing over one of their top prospects to Montreal for nothing. Wow. Wow that's bad.

Old
09-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
I know. I repeat, I know this will neeeever happen. That trade is just Florida handing over one of their top prospects to Montreal for nothing. Wow. Wow that's bad.
Is this serious?

Old
09-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post

VinnyC summed it up perfectly. Plekanec is what you hope Bjustad becomes. He isn't there yet, not even close.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post

VinnyC summed it up perfectly. Plekanec is what you hope Bjustad becomes. He isn't there yet, not even close.
You hope for a bigger, better Plekanec in Bjudstad.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:31 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Say what?

Yeah, he's way more than a 2C... in the NCAA.

People talk as if the guy is a lock to be a 70+ points center before he even plays an NHL game. Heck , he is still a season or two away from even being ready for the pros.

If Bjustad turns out to be good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Pleks he will have been a successful pick already. But here are folks saying the finished product locked for a couple of years in a contract isn't worth a question mark that may not even become an NHLer.

Its like people forget that prospects seldom reach their ceiling. Not that Nick isn't a good one but about half of the guys hyped end up by the wayside.
What? Bjugstad is ready for the pro's right now. He chose to stay in College for another year.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Sure, Bjugstad is a great prospect, but Florida fans are acting like Plekanec is nothing...

Though, this is hfboards where prospects are better than actual players and, in good old hf fashion, "it's not even close"

Bjugstad would be a nice complimentary centre to Galchenyuk and Eller down the road. However, I'd sooner keep Plekanec/Desharnais as that centre and deal the other one for a winger.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
What? Bjugstad is ready for the pro's right now. He chose to stay in College for another year.
So he's purposely stunting his growth?

I mean good on him for going through with his education but if he really is as good as we've been told won't he get bored in College Hockey? Wouldn't he want to challenge himself against the best players in the world? I mean if Education was the biggest thing couldn't he just finish up his degree in the off season? I know thats what Cory Schneider did & he got his degree recently.

Last edited by Scottrockztheworld*: 09-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old
09-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Honestly if Bjustad becomes as good as Plekanec I'd call him a success. He might add more physicality, but that's about it. Florida only does this if they decide to start competing now(which they might if they acquire Luongo.)

Old
09-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Numbers

In all truth Montreal is losing this trade by a large margin. If Plekanec is traded the trade deadline would be the best time. By then Montreal would know if they are in the playoff mix or not. And at this time Plekanec would probably return at least a good prospect and a 1st. Bjudstad would be a good piece of in a deal, but not only. Florida fans severely overrate some of their prospects. I think that some more research might be in order. Proven talent is worth a lot more than potential. In this case we are discussing an NHL veteran's value to a good prospect who has never played pro hockey game.

Last edited by Numbers: 09-23-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
So he's purposely stunting his growth?

I mean good on him for going through with his education but if he really is as good as we've been told won't he get bored in College Hockey? Wouldn't he want to challenge himself against the best players in the world? I mean if Education was the biggest thing couldn't he just finish up his degree in the off season? I know thats what Cory Schneider did & he got his degree recently.
Went back to compete for a championship and felt it was best for himself. He had a very real chance to make the Panthers, decided to play top line minutes in college.

Pleks is a great player, we just know how big Tallon is on Jugs and how much he's preached patience and growing from within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Honestly if Bjustad becomes as good as Plekanec I'd call him a success. He might add more physicality, but that's about it. Florida only does this if they decide to start competing now(which they might if they acquire Luongo.)
Won't the Division last season, we're good without Luongo. You're opinion on player potential, worth, etc. falls on deaf ears when it comes to the Panthers, lol, you think ya know...but ya don't.

If Florida is 1-9 at the deadline, they're not gonna give up one of their top prospects, they'll find other ways to further the push. I have no doubts we'll be there, Reboundo or not.

09-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
In all truth Montreal is losing this trade by a large margin. If Plekanec is traded the trade deadline would be the best time. By then Montreal would know if they are in the playoff mix or not. And at this time Plekanec would probably return at least a good prospect and a 1st. Bjudstad would be a good piece of in a deal, but not only. Florida fans severely overrate some of their prospects. I think that some more research might be in order. Proven talent is worth a lot more than potential. In this case we are discussing an NHL veteran's value to a good prospect who has never played pro hockey game.
Nah, we know Tallon values the kids and won't move em. He's proven it durin his tenure and if (likely will) Pleks requires more, he won't be a Panther.

Old
09-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Zippy316

The amount of overvaluing prospects and players that goes on here is insane.

Bjugstad is hyped up. Sure, he could be Plekanec, but he isn't yet. He definitely does not have more value than Plekanec, but it makes sense why Florida fans are unwilling to give him up.

It's understandable the Panthers don't need to get Plekanec, but if they were in it for a top player, they would need to give up gold to get gold, and that might just include Bjugstad.

Old
09-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Won't the Division last season, we're good without Luongo. You're opinion on player potential, worth, etc. falls on deaf ears when it comes to the Panthers, lol, you think ya know...but ya don't.
I didn't say the Panthers couldn't contend without Luongo, simply acquiring him might mean they would be looking to acquire more veterans in exchange for futures.

And I don't know what your expectations for Bjugstad are, but if you think it's likely he becomes better than an excellent defensive player who gets around 60 points a season, I would think you are overvaluing him.

Closed Thread