HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles & NFL discussion

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 04:41 PM
RussianRocket10

vCash: 500
It's not all Vick, it's a whole team effort to suck this bad. Turnovers, penalties, offensive line can't block, receivers can't get open down field so Vick has to hold on to the ball which leads to him doing stupid things.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
They shouldn't have even been going for it. You haven't done **** all half, you take the points and head into the locker room on a high note.
No reason not to try a slant.

It wouldn't take the :06 anyway. But the way Vick was rolling, time likely would have run out before he successfully threw the ball into the 15th row anyway.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
No reason not to try a slant.

It wouldn't take the :06 anyway. But the way Vick was rolling, time likely would have run out before he successfully threw the ball into the 15th row anyway.
Didn't they try it against Buffalo last year and had some time left and Vick decided to throw it into the 15th row and time ran out at halftime and didn't score?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-23-2012, 04:43 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Anyone who thinks it is all on Vick is stunned. This is a **** team that should be 0 - 3. Too bad, as maybe changes would actually be made.

Vick is awful, but fatty's dream O line is worse. Tom Brady would look like **** on this team.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
That last play is on Reid, take the 3 points with 6 seconds left.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Anyone who thinks it is all on Vick is stunned. This is a **** team that should be 0 - 3. Too bad, as maybe changes would actually be made.

Vick is awful, but fatty's dream O line is worse. Tom Brady would look like **** on this team.
That's my thinking as well.

09-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Each of the previous pass plays--where Vick held the ball for longer than he needed to and threw it further into the crowd than he needed to--took 6 seconds.

There was time to run a play. There wasn't time for Vick to do his song-and-dance routine in the pocket.

And that's before the not-protecting-the-ball debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

It's hard to figure which is worse--the line or the quarterback--but I think we can agree that the combination isn't working real well.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 09-23-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old
09-23-2012, 05:06 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Each of the previous pass plays--where Vick held the ball for longer than he needed to and threw it further into the crowd than he needed to--took 6 seconds.

There was time to run a play. There wasn't time for Vick to do his extended roll out.

And that's before the not-protecting-the-ball debacle.

It's hard to figure which is worse--the line or the quarterback--but I think we can agree that the combination isn't working real well.
Agree. We will prob lose this 24-21 so it won't seem so bad and some will think it is all good.

Old
09-23-2012, 05:24 PM
litflyersfan

So glad we have a top RB in the league we never use.

Last edited by litflyersfan: 09-23-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
TheRedViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
So glad we have a top RB in the league we never use.
This x1000

Vick sucks
Oline sucks
Reid sucks
Morninwheg SUCKS

12 turnovers in 10 quarters.. srsly?!

Old
09-23-2012, 05:51 PM
bennysflyers16

My god they may be worse than I thought !!

Old
09-23-2012, 05:55 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 1161
Can't turn the ball over. Been saying it since week one. Finally bit them in the ass.

Old
09-23-2012, 05:55 PM
flyershockey

Not being ready week to week is the sign of a bad team. There's nothing else to say about it. They were beaten from the moment they stepped onto the field today. That's on coaching. It also doesn't help that none of the coaches were able to develop a gameplan that even attempts to help the team to succeed.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Eagles keep doing their best Matt Carle impression. Turnover, turnover, turnover.

Primetime next Sunday vs. the Giants, who usually play well in Philly. 1 turnover and Eagles can still win, 2 and it's 50/50, 3+... fuggedaboutit.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Devastate

Thank God I drove five hours to watch that

Old
09-23-2012, 06:20 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Thank God I drove five hours to watch that
Tough break man. I only had to scour the entire ****** town of Roanoke, Virginia to find an actual bar that had Sunday Ticket. Oh and I had to listen to insufferable Redskins fans break my balls about my Eagles t-shirt. Needless to say, I went home and now will enjoy my Sam Adams seasonal twelve pack while I watch two good teams play tonight.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Tough break man. I only had to scour the entire ****** town of Roanoke, Virginia to find an actual bar that had Sunday Ticket. Oh and I had to listen to insufferable Redskins fans break my balls about my Eagles t-shirt. Needless to say, I went home and now will enjoy my Sam Adams seasonal twelve pack while I watch two good teams play tonight.
You would've been better off driving to Blacksburg, most of the bars carry most of the games and with a mixed NFL fanbase you wouldn't have heard anything from a bunch of mountain people.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:02 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
You would've been better off driving to Blacksburg, most of the bars carry most of the games and with a mixed NFL fanbase you wouldn't have heard anything from a bunch of mountain people.
I'll have to keep that in mind for the next game that isn't nationally televised. The only problem is Blacksburg is easily 45 minutes from my apartment in town. None of the Skins fans were outright rude, just the normal jabs, but when the eagles completely crapped their pants, it was the last thing I wanted to hear. Do you know much about Roanoke by any chance? I just moved here about a week ago and don't have a single clue about what there is to do here. I work with a bunch of older railroad dudes that were no help in giving me the rundown.

Old
09-24-2012, 08:53 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Same old crap from this team and the coaching staff...

The game plan was terrible. Why would they let Fitz pick on a rookie that is 5'8"? Why would Reid throw the ball all over the field when he has a top 5 RB that can control the pace of the game?

Honestly, too many questions to be answered; and, those questions would be answered with the same Reid cliches.

This team is soft, stupid and terribly coached. Im sticking with my preseason prediction of 6 wins. They play the Giants (getting extra rest because they played on Thursday night) and then the Steelers in Pittsburgh (after the Steelers bye week). 2-0 to 2-3 in short order...

Old
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Same old crap from this team and the coaching staff...

The game plan was terrible. Why would they let Fitz pick on a rookie that is 5'8"? Why would Reid throw the ball all over the field when he has a top 5 RB that can control the pace of the game?

Honestly, too many questions to be answered; and, those questions would be answered with the same Reid cliches.

This team is soft, stupid and terribly coached. Im sticking with my preseason prediction of 6 wins. They play the Giants (getting extra rest because they played on Thursday night) and then the Steelers in Pittsburgh (after the Steelers bye week). 2-0 to 2-3 in short order...
Giants are never a lock to be anybody. They got swept by the Redskins last season. Plus they can't seem to beat us for whatever reason. Don't worry, we'll lose to the Bengals though.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I'll have to keep that in mind for the next game that isn't nationally televised. The only problem is Blacksburg is easily 45 minutes from my apartment in town. None of the Skins fans were outright rude, just the normal jabs, but when the eagles completely crapped their pants, it was the last thing I wanted to hear. Do you know much about Roanoke by any chance? I just moved here about a week ago and don't have a single clue about what there is to do here. I work with a bunch of older railroad dudes that were no help in giving me the rundown.
Nah, I don't know a lot about the Roanoke scene so I'm afraid I can't suggest any bars. I only knew enough to realize I was better off staying in Blacksburg; there's a pretty healthy number of Flyers fans there too, the VT population creates a mixing bowl of pro sports loyalties so it's a pretty good place to watch games without getting hounded by meth-addled hicks. Roanoke is the capitol of nowhere and far too many locals are just crap. You should definitely avoid venturing into Roanoke County...that's where the lunatics go to build their mountain bunkers.

Roanoke just really isn't my favorite place. There's some decent towns in that area, but IMO Roanoke isn't one of them. It's comparable to the redneck area of Baltimore, only a lot more isolated. Essentially any town in western VA that ends in "burg" is a good place. Any place that doesn't end in burg sucks.

I suggest you get acquainted with Southernnnnnnn EXXXposssssssURRREeeee in Bluefield. It's...amusing.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 09-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old
09-24-2012, 11:54 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
We need an O-line. No way Vick lasts much longer with the hits he is receiving every game.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:47 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
We need an O-line. No way Vick lasts much longer with the hits he is receiving every game.
Most of time, like almost every single time, Vick gets hit it's because he either holds the ball for more than 5 seconds (NFL average is less than 3 seconds to get the pass off) or he willingly decides to get hit (rushes and slides head first instead of feet first... Just one example).

I do not think our OL is great, but if Vick can stand in the pocket for 5 seconds than the OL can't be all that bad. Vick has made absolutely terrible decisions with the football and needs to walk after this season.

ETA: Even when Vick had a good OL he couldn't stay healthy. Why? Terrible personal decisions on the field.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:49 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Giants are never a lock to be anybody. They got swept by the Redskins last season. Plus they can't seem to beat us for whatever reason. Don't worry, we'll lose to the Bengals though.
Is it possible to tie the Bengals?

Old
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
6 seconds is plenty of time for a 3 step drop and a throw, Vick wanted to make a play it's been the biggest problem during his Philadelphia tenure.

Closed Thread