HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #15 - Lifelong fans...

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

vCash: 500
Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #15 - Lifelong fans...

...even if relegated to the last tier of pro football. Holy ****.

I bet you thought this was going elsewhere

Old
09-23-2012, 04:42 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

This should be titled "Pacman's Redemption." lol

You seriously need to relax, kid.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
This should be titled "Pacman's Redemption." lol

You seriously need to relax, kid.
I tried to come up with an aggravating enough title to get under his skin, but character limit killed me.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:51 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

I just want him to relax. He will enjoy being a Liverpool fan so much more and the discussions he participates in can be about football instead of other BS.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
I just want him to relax. He will enjoy being a Liverpool fan so much more and the discussions he participates in can be about football instead of other BS.
Well yeah, when a game ends you talk **** about the ref, the other team's players, and maybe even your own team. Don't go on about disasters especially when both teams' fans are STILL going at each others about them.

Old
09-23-2012, 05:39 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

I'm sorry, I'm just an angry young lad at times...

I know I need to chill out.

My redemption starts now.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:02 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Oh well, happens.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

I've been on this board for three years and I've made friends with many of you IRL.

This is getting ridiculous. I don't want to fight over this **** anymore. It's just stupid.

Love you all. Bygones?

Old
09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManNJD View Post
I've been on this board for three years and I've made friends with many of you IRL.

This is getting ridiculous. I don't want to fight over this **** anymore. It's just stupid.

Love you all. Bygones?
Overreaction general?

Old
09-23-2012, 06:17 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Overreaction general?
Perhaps.

If that's an overreaction, too, then I just dunno.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:31 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:

Love you all. Bygones?
Like Ive said before, I bust your balls over the Arsenal thing because it will always be funny (and IRL friends bust each others balls because thats just what they do) and I really dont care that youre a Liverpool fan.

You are a new Liverpool fan just as many around you are new to their club. When YOUR club hasnt won any league titles in 20years, you should expect to hear **** about it. It sucks, but it could be 85 years! You had the pleasure of watching your team lift a trophy last year...its been 57 years since the last domestic title and 43 since the last trophy (the forerunner to the UEFA Cup/Europa League). The last time Newcastle played in a final was long before I could watch on TV or online.

Liverpool DESERVES to be **** on for lack of league success just as Newcastle has been **** on for the last 40+ years. You made the conscious choice to support Liverpool and you have to deal with the consequences of that decision. When I started following Newcastle they were fighting for League and FA titles and beating the likes of Barcelona in the CL...and since I got FSC and faster internet, Ive watched games in the Championship. Here I am...with knowledgable friends that rib me about Newcastle's (lack of?) history from time to time.

You make it seem like being a Liverpool supporter means you have to be on edge and ready to strike at the first hint of insult. Thats not what it means. That is secondary and doesnt make you a "bigger" supporter by responding to it with venom.

It means supporting the players on the pitch that have been struggling for wins. It means (for us) getting up at ludicrous hours to watch the match and not giving up hope until the final whistle.

Relax. Trust me. My club was relegated 3 years ago and I survived that moment and the following season reading plenty online which Im sure was just as bad if not worse than a lot of what youve seen regarding Liverpool on the pitch these past 3 2 years.

Chill. Trust me. You will feel so much better if you ignore the ****talkers. There is an endless amount of them on the internet and you cannot fight them all. they do not care what you think (no offense, just truth).

Sincerely,
njdevsfn95

Old
09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I was surprised that Arsenal pulled out the draw today. I expected them to lose to City.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:28 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I was surprised that Arsenal pulled out the draw today. I expected them to lose to City.
I still can't believe this from Gervinho...

Truly the touch of a rapist.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Like Ive said before, I bust your balls over the Arsenal thing because it will always be funny (and IRL friends bust each others balls because thats just what they do) and I really dont care that youre a Liverpool fan.
This. I **** talk Pat for about 12 hours whenever we're working (and vice versa). And it doesn't even have to be about sports. That's life. If you're not going to be able to deal with people **** talking you, be it about sports teams or otherwise, then you're going to have to learn to get thicker skin (or never insult anyone or anything ever again to justify you inability to handle it). Just because its said doesn't mean it has to be said with malice. Regardless of whether its people you know IRL or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
So was I. Watched just about the whole thing with my friend (huge Arsenal fan). He was miserable most of the game because Man City just seemed in control, even if the possession statistics didn't show it. Arsenal couldn't get anything going in the attacking 3rd. Then the tying goal is scored, he starts screaming, running around his house, and dives face first into his couch (sober). I was indifferent on the outcome of the game, but I use his reaction as a pretty decent indicator that the tie wasn't exactly the "expected" outcome for many. Definitely was great entertainment for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I still can't believe this from Gervinho...

Truly the touch of a rapist.

As great as the pass is, I'm really most amused at the 2nd sentence in this post. I didn't expect to laugh like that (GIF caught my eye first). Good show.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Gervinho's legs were moving so fast he hit the ball twice in quick succession, I think. The second by accident booted the ball.

Old
09-24-2012, 02:06 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Just watched the highlights from the Liverpool/ManUtd match. Shelvey's challenge was dumb. Glen Johnson's challenge - which was failed anyway - should not have been a penalty.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:01 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

League (Capital One) Cup this week.

Newcastle visits Old Trafford...for ****s sake

Old
09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
So was I. Watched just about the whole thing with my friend (huge Arsenal fan). He was miserable most of the game because Man City just seemed in control, even if the possession statistics didn't show it. Arsenal couldn't get anything going in the attacking 3rd. Then the tying goal is scored, he starts screaming, running around his house, and dives face first into his couch (sober). I was indifferent on the outcome of the game, but I use his reaction as a pretty decent indicator that the tie wasn't exactly the "expected" outcome for many. Definitely was great entertainment for me though.
I watched the game with my friend who's a huge Manchester United fan, after watching their game against Liverpool too. He was crowing after the Arsenal game about how a draw was the ideal result for his side. I told him to blow it out his ass.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Did I miss something this weekend?

Old
09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm just an angry young lad at times...

I know I need to chill out.

My redemption starts now.
I hope you didn't kick your tv btw

Old
09-24-2012, 01:06 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Did I miss something this weekend?
An angry pacman.......so no

Old
09-25-2012, 12:49 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Oh, Ronaldo...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtu...vacia-hd_sport

I think I saw a twinkle in his eye brah, he wants back to United.

---------

Here's a funny twitter account... It takes posts from a Liverpool forum and tweets them: https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown

Old
09-25-2012, 01:35 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I hope you didn't kick your tv btw
Quote:
An angry pacman.......so no
I threw my remote.

Old
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:

You are a new Liverpool fan just as many around you are new to their club. When YOUR club hasnt won any league titles in 20years, you should expect to hear **** about it. It sucks, but it could be 85 years! You had the pleasure of watching your team lift a trophy last year...its been 57 years since the last domestic title and 43 since the last trophy (the forerunner to the UEFA Cup/Europa League). The last time Newcastle played in a final was long before I could watch on TV or online.

Liverpool DESERVES to be **** on for lack of league success just as Newcastle has been **** on for the last 40+ years. You made the conscious choice to support Liverpool and you have to deal with the consequences of that decision. When I started following Newcastle they were fighting for League and FA titles and beating the likes of Barcelona in the CL...and since I got FSC and faster internet, Ive watched games in the Championship. Here I am...with knowledgable friends that rib me about Newcastle's (lack of?) history from time to time.

You make it seem like being a Liverpool supporter means you have to be on edge and ready to strike at the first hint of insult. Thats not what it means. That is secondary and doesnt make you a "bigger" supporter by responding to it with venom.

It means supporting the players on the pitch that have been struggling for wins. It means (for us) getting up at ludicrous hours to watch the match and not giving up hope until the final whistle.

Relax. Trust me. My club was relegated 3 years ago and I survived that moment and the following season reading plenty online which Im sure was just as bad if not worse than a lot of what youve seen regarding Liverpool on the pitch these past 3 2 years.

Chill. Trust me. You will feel so much better if you ignore the ****talkers. There is an endless amount of them on the internet and you cannot fight them all. they do not care what you think (no offense, just truth).

Sincerely,
njdevsfn95
Love you. <3

Old
09-25-2012, 08:52 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Gerrard basically said Valencia penalty was legitimate, but that if Luis Suarez was in his place it wouldn't have been called based on reputation. I'd probably agree with that.

Closed Thread