HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Sharks Nor Cal Sports Thread XVI

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 12:09 PM
KirbyDots

vCash: 500
Anyone have a feed for the 49ers game, can't get in here in Boston.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
VD!!

Old
09-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Kitten Mittons

God dammit ...

Old
09-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

i'd ***** about OPI but when you don't even try to cover Peterson coming out of the backfield. well...you kind of deserve to be scored on.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:26 PM
wtfisthis

They deserve to lose this game. They cant stop the Vikings at all and theyre getting outplayed in all phases of the game.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:48 PM
SactoShark
💤

vCash: 3000
Pathetic and embarrassing.

Old
09-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Eff.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

I am not even mad we lost today. Look, losses happen. They suck, but they happen.

I am just mad as hell at the fact the replacement officiating sucks. I went off on them in the football forum GDT, and mind you the bad calls and botches went both ways and against both teams, but I just want a clean loss. Let us truly lose on our own merits, not because the officials blow it left and right and that the NFL needs to bring the real refs back.

The NFL is wacky this year so far anyway with only six unbeatens and like 20-some 1-1s entering the week. Plus we lost a bad game to Dallas last year and recovered. I am not going to lose sleep over this loss. But the officiating, for the sake of the league overall, that has to be fixed.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

And for good measure...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ey-didnt-have/

Quote:
The replacement referee working today’s 49ers-Vikings game didn’t know the rules about when a coach can challenge a call.

According to the Associated Press, referee Ken Roan said after the game that he had mistakenly awarded 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh two challenges after Harbaugh called his final timeout.

Old
09-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
To go with it, the Vikings had 1 penalty all game. There was some home cooking in this game. Yeah the 49ers didn't deserve to win and they had a couple botches go their way but one penalty against a team is ridiculously biased.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
wtfisthis

The game felt like it was right out of the Nolan/Singletary era.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Arkansas Shark
Underground Bunker

Quote:
I am not even mad we lost today. Look, losses happen. They suck, but they happen.

I am just mad as hell at the fact the replacement officiating sucks. I went off on them in the football forum GDT, and mind you the bad calls and botches went both ways and against both teams, but I just want a clean loss. Let us truly lose on our own merits, not because the officials blow it left and right and that the NFL needs to bring the real refs back.

The NFL is wacky this year so far anyway with only six unbeatens and like 20-some 1-1s entering the week. Plus we lost a bad game to Dallas last year and recovered. I am not going to lose sleep over this loss. But the officiating, for the sake of the league overall, that has to be fixed.
I nearly lost it the opening kickoff when the 49ers kicked off and got flagged for an illegal block in the back. Like what the ****? How do you get flagged for that when you kickoff? That doesn't make sense. God these replacement refs.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Rickety Cricket

I'm going to add to the replacement refs rant.

I'm happy the Raiders won. Entertaining game. However, these refs are endangering player safety. I have no idea how Phillip Wheeler didn't get a penalty for hitting Roethlisberger low, and was shocked Mundy didn't get one on DHB. He lead with his head, launched into him, and hit him in the head. Nothing, no flag.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Never cared so less about a Niner loss.

Jets better be worried. Harbaugh won't accept 2 sub-par performances in a row.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

I'm just mad, and have been, that there has yet to be *one* deep pass attempt to Randy Moss this season. IMHO, the whole point of signing Moss was to be a "Decoy" and make safeties play deep so that you open up more room for running and the short-mid range passing game. But to do that, you have to keep those safeties honest by attempting one or two deep bombs to Moss per game. Note I say "Attempt." Don't really care if he catches it, as the point is to keep safeties back when Moss is on the field.

The fact that we haven't seen that bothers me, and I suspect I'm not the only one who sees that.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Kitten Mittons

The reason there haven't been any deep passes to Moss is because Alex Smith can't throw deep.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
The reason there haven't been any deep passes to Moss is because Alex Smith can't throw deep.
Well, there is that. Does anyone know if Moss has run deep routes? Maybe he's ran deep routes and opened up room for Crabtree and Manningham.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Never cared so less about a Niner loss.

Jets better be worried. Harbaugh won't accept 2 sub-par performances in a row.
The way I see it, this was their one mulligan for the season. Last year, it came @ Arizona and this year it came here. This was their one. They better not do it again.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post

I'm happy the Raiders won. Entertaining game. However, these refs are endangering player safety. I have no idea how Phillip Wheeler didn't get a penalty for hitting Roethlisberger low, and was shocked Mundy didn't get one on DHB. He lead with his head, launched into him, and hit him in the head. Nothing, no flag.
These guys are simply out of their league. They're Div2a guys who call a much slower, less dangerous game. The 1a refs don't want to scab and risk getting blacklisted from the good ol' boys when they want to try to get to the nfl level.

I'm thankful that these guys scab and call games, because we wouldn't have any games otherwise, but they are outmatched at this point and the players are pushing the envelope on everything, which is threatening the health and safety of all involved,

Old
09-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
These guys are simply out of their league. They're Div2a guys who call a much slower, less dangerous game. The 1a refs don't want to scab and risk getting blacklisted from the good ol' boys when they want to try to get to the nfl level.

I'm thankful that these guys scab and call games, because we wouldn't have any games otherwise, but they are outmatched at this point and the players are pushing the envelope on everything, which is threatening the health and safety of all involved,
Coaches too. Belicheck grabbed a ref and I'm pretty sure yelled "Hey *******" at him.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
The way I see it, this was their one mulligan for the season. Last year, it came @ Arizona and this year it came here. This was their one. They better not do it again.
Dallas was a mulligan last year.

You can get two mulligans in a season. We did, went 13-3, and were pretty good.

But this league, I see the standings and I dont feel bad at 2-1. Many teams look weird at 1-2 or 0-3 even. This season is going to take a tad longer to shake out a bit.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:

That is absolute poppycock, too, I agree. I don't think the Steelers' player was intentionally head hunting or trying to hurt, but rules are rules and he should've been flagged. But at least Oakland won to even it out I guess.

Sad that X team getting screwed has to win to even it out. Goodell...

Old
09-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Wedontneedroads

So did the Raiders actually beat the Steelers?

Did they really force multiple turnovers and actually stop them on defense late in the 4th quarter?

I still wonder how that first Chargers game would have turned out if Streater hadn't fumbled that ball on the first drive.

Even though this year is probably a lost cause it's great to see some competitiveness out of them.

My heart is still hurting from that A's loss to NY on Saturday. Absolutely BRUTAL

Old
09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Coaches too. Belicheck grabbed a ref and I'm pretty sure yelled "Hey *******" at him.
That was as unprofessional and disrespectful as it gets

Quote:
Dallas was a mulligan last year.

You can get two mulligans in a season. We did, went 13-3, and were pretty good.

But this league, I see the standings and I dont feel bad at 2-1. Many teams look weird at 1-2 or 0-3 even. This season is going to take a tad longer to shake out a bit.
I had tried to to forget about that one. At that time, though, Dallas were the favorites, even though the 49ers blew that game (more Harbaugh than anything).

Yesterday's game, like the one @ ARI was a game where the 49ers got outplayed by a vastly inferior team. Losses happen, but I don't want to see that type of effort and lack of execution again.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Watching him lose his cool like that was icing on the cake that is my Bills having a better record than the Pats so far into the season. Though so far they've only played the Jets, Chiefs and Browns. The next two weeks aren't going to be as fun. New England and San Francisco coming up. Not sure about NE but I can see the Bills crushing SF.

Closed Thread