HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brenden Morrow to Boston

Old
09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
DohBruins

vCash: 500
Brenden Morrow to Boston

Just as the title says.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 06:46 PM
TrueGrit

Spooner + 2nd

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Caron or Spooner straight up (if there's a season).

If not, maybe a 2nd or 3rd (if we're lucky).

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
bardown23
Live for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
Spooner + 2nd
I wouldn't do this deal because i feel spooner will be really good for the bruins in the future but i would just do the second for him.

bardown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:22 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardown23 View Post
I wouldn't do this deal because i feel spooner will be really good for the bruins in the future but i would just do the second for him.
He's gonna demand way more than a 2nd if there's a season at all.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:33 PM
bardown23
Live for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
He's gonna demand way more than a 2nd if there's a season at all.
Ik but value wise i would rather have the bruins use someone else like maybe knight and a 3/4 but i think its best for bruins to pass because dallas asking price would be to high fir an aging player that we would have to give up could prospects for.

bardown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardown23 View Post
Ik but value wise i would rather have the bruins use someone else like maybe knight and a 3/4 but i think its best for bruins to pass because dallas asking price would be to high fir an aging player that we would have to give up could prospects for.
There's also something called a cap. Which the Bruins are pretty close to.

That being said, there's no way this deal gets done unless salary goes the other way, only way it gets done if Dallas takes Thomas for the Bruins. Otherwise, the Bruins would sit uncomfortably close to the cap ceiling.

If they take Thomas, there's a good chance that the Bruins are going to pay to dump his cap hit on the Stars.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

We'd probably be willing to take on Thomas if needed.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
We'd probably be willing to take on Thomas if needed.
Thomas+prospect (i.e. Spooner) and a conditional pick on the Bruins' success.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:55 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Spooner + 2nd
Bruins don't need him at that price

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 08:04 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Thomas+prospect (i.e. Spooner) and a conditional pick on the Bruins' success.
I'd do it.

Would prefer Caron as we'd be getting a younger true 3rd liner which would probably make us better actually. I'd assume he'll play in your top 6, which is where he should be, as he's not fit for a bottom 6 role at all. A Caron - Eakin - Vincour line is one I really like; young, all good defensively and could still put up 25+ points each.

Spooner would be really nice too, but we shored up our centers last draft with Faksa, Shore, Smith, Eakin, etc.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Spooner + 2nd
You would need to take Thomas back to make it work with the cap. Plus id be more comfortable with a 3rd or 4th

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
^And I'd be more comfortable with a 1st, but I doubt it's in the cards.

09-23-2012, 11:35 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

No thanks.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:21 AM
bbfan419

I would not take Morrow right now even if it only cost a 2nd or 3rd pick let alone Spooner, Morrow of a few years ago yes for sure, but not now he is broken down.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:31 AM
nmbr_24

As nice as it would be to have Morrow for a playoff run I am not sure I want to see the Bruins give up what it would take to get him if people in this thread are accurate.

Caron showed flashes of being a very good player when he was put on a line with Krejci and Lucic while both Horton and Peverley were out with injuries. If he continues that kind of play he is going to look very similar to Nathan Horton and if he doesn't, he will be an excellent defensive winger who can score 15+ goals per year.

There is just no way to know for sure at this point but I have a hunch that he would be an excellent fit as a winger for Seguin whenever or if he ever does move to center.
I want to see him on the team and in a full time role this year.

Spooner is one of the best offensive prospects the Bruins have had in the AHL in a long time, I think he is probably the best offensive prospect that Providence has had since David Krejci, I wouldn't be quick to move him and if I was to move him in a deal for Morrow, there is just no way I would add even a 7th round pick.

I'm not the GM so I can't say what he will do, but if any high end prospect is given up for a rental I will be disappointed.

I would have a lot easier time giving up a 2nd round pick and a prospect outside of the top 5 or so prospects but I get the feeling another team might beat that out and I am fine with that. If the Bruins are going all out to win the Cup and trading away great prospects like these guys, I want Iginla, not Morrow.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 06:49 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
As nice as it would be to have Morrow for a playoff run I am not sure I want to see the Bruins give up what it would take to get him if people in this thread are accurate.

Caron showed flashes of being a very good player when he was put on a line with Krejci and Lucic while both Horton and Peverley were out with injuries. If he continues that kind of play he is going to look very similar to Nathan Horton and if he doesn't, he will be an excellent defensive winger who can score 15+ goals per year.

There is just no way to know for sure at this point but I have a hunch that he would be an excellent fit as a winger for Seguin whenever or if he ever does move to center.
I want to see him on the team and in a full time role this year.

Spooner is one of the best offensive prospects the Bruins have had in the AHL in a long time, I think he is probably the best offensive prospect that Providence has had since David Krejci, I wouldn't be quick to move him and if I was to move him in a deal for Morrow, there is just no way I would add even a 7th round pick.

I'm not the GM so I can't say what he will do, but if any high end prospect is given up for a rental I will be disappointed.

I would have a lot easier time giving up a 2nd round pick and a prospect outside of the top 5 or so prospects but I get the feeling another team might beat that out and I am fine with that. If the Bruins are going all out to win the Cup and trading away great prospects like these guys, I want Iginla, not Morrow.
You're overrating you're prospects a pretty hefty bit IMO. They're good, but not that good.

Old
09-24-2012, 07:44 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

How about Thomas, Caron, and a 2nd.

Morrow would be taking Caron's spot in the line-up, and Caron is more NHL ready than Spooner, albeit with a lower ceiling.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:36 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
You're overrating you're prospects a pretty hefty bit IMO. They're good, but not that good.
Maybe I didn't make it clear, I am not saying these guys are going to be awesome players, just that thinking they have a shot at being 2nd liners is pretty reasonable and I don't really want to trade those guys for what, 20 plus the playoffs if it was a deadline deal or 1 year and most likely it has to be accompanied by a salary clearing move to fit Morrow's contract. The salary clearing move might just be putting Savard on LTIR, but then that pretty much means no moves can be made a the deadline unless it is trading an everyday player for another player. It could mean that they are unable to pick up guys who will be playoff injury replacement type of guys.

Without there being a CBA it leaves me with a lot of doubt about what is possible.

I wasn't saying that Morrow isn't worth that, I wasn't commenting on that in any way, just that if they are going to move good prospects I want to see a higher profile guy coming back and I didn't mean that I thought they could get Iginla for one of those guys, obviously it would take a big package to land a guy like Iginla, but I would still rather see them do that if they decided to move their better prospects.

In other words, if they are going to go for it, I want them to really go for it. If Iginla costs 2 of the better prospects and a 1st, I still consider it a better deal than one of their better prospects and a 2nd for Morrow.

I don't think these prospects are all star type players, but the Bruins haven't had many very good offensive players come through Providence lately. Marchand, Krejci, and Versteeg are probably the last 3 unless I am forgetting someone, so it has been a couple of years since they had anyone in Providence who has that kind of potential.
I want Providence to become a good team as well, they haven't made the playoffs in years.

So I don't know if I am overrating these guys saying they could be good 2nd liners, but I don't think I am, I try to be a least a little realistic about it.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:44 AM
don

Let me see, you want a 33 yo who hasn't played the full 82 games but once in the last 6 years and has only scored over 30 goals twice. No, sorry but I'll pass.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Eennad142

BMorrow, with history of back injury, neck injury, long-term knee problem, approaching tail-end of career. Not the type of long-term solution a GM would be looking for in return for trading top prospect(s).

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Depending on how the Stars season is going i'd prefer this being a deadline deal.

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:23 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Depending on how the Stars season is going i'd prefer this being a deadline deal.
I'd prefer a "dead" deal. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Spooner + 2nd
Haha no way from the Bruins.

I wouldn't even deal Spooner straight up, Morrow is washed up and really would not fit anywhere on the Bruins.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Oates2Neely

Other teams would easily give up more than Boston. Imo Morrows best days are behind him, IF he could be had for a 2nd (+Thomas) then I'd make the deal, but not for Spooner or Knight, I'd prefer to hang on to the youth and roll the dice with these kids.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote