Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Tracking the Locked Out Jets

Old
09-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I honestly think we (and perhaps other teams throughout the league) had seen enough of Kulda in North America to know, or, for all we think we know as of today, to have a pretty good idea of where and how Kulda fit into the North American / NHL game today and likely in the future.

I guess my point is, and this is just my opinion of course, I wouldn't make too much of a guy who had yet to crack it here over 4 years playing in the AHL just because he's looking solid in the KHL. Maybe he comes back to the NHL one day, maybe he doesn't. Everyone has a different path to whether they make The Show or not, and of course development doesn't run in a straight line. I just feel the organization, among the many others who had watched and matched up against Kulda over his 4 years in the AHL have a pretty good idea what he's got to offer.

09-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
That's Postma

Kulda did get knocked by scouts for being out of position sometimes but I believe that's been improved for the most part... HC is verrrry high on Kulda
Not gonna deny this in the least...still think he is Rob Scuderi part 2, maybe even much better offensively, and that he can be a key component of a defense corps. Maybe he never comes back across the pond (pretty likely, IMO), but I think it was a lost opportunity, sometimes it is all about opportunity and I think Kulda was never given a fair chance.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:46 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not gonna deny this in the least...still think he is Rob Scuderi part 2, maybe even much better offensively, and that he can be a key component of a defense corps. Maybe he never comes back across the pond (pretty likely, IMO), but I think it was a lost opportunity, sometimes it is all about opportunity and I think Kulda was never given a fair chance.
My biggest thing was, he's a loss of something we don't have much of: LH defensemen...

Enstrom (locked long term but is 27)
Hainsey (pending UFA, 31 and most of the general fan population don't want to extend him)
Stuart (only have for a few years, 28 and will never be more than a 3rd pairing D)
Meech (28 and never more than an ok 3rd pairing)
Kulda (xxxxxxxxxx)
Melchiori (at best 2nd pairing but most likely 3rd pairing)
Yuen (looking to have offensive flair but unlikely better than 3rd pairing with 2nd PP currently)
Sol (although improving still can't skate well enough for 2nd pairing)
Chairot (no comment...)

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 08:00 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:
My biggest thing was, he's a loss of something we don't have much of: LH defensemen...

Enstrom (locked long term but is 27)
Hainsey (pending UFA, 31 and most of the general fan population don't want to extend him)
Stuart (only have for a few years, 28 and will never be more than a 3rd pairing D)
Meech (28 and never more than an ok 3rd pairing)
Kulda (xxxxxxxxxx)
Melchiori (at best 2nd pairing but most likely 3rd pairing)
Yuen (looking to have offensive flair but unlikely better than 3rd pairing with 2nd PP currently)
Sol (although improving still can't skate well enough for 2nd pairing)
Chairot (no comment...)
Nice summary Garret.

My thoughts are that Melchiori may really become a stud type defenseman that surprises us (don't book it though). Not too stressed just yet, the LH depth could be addressed in the next couple of years via trade or FA.

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:16 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
All this talk about Kulda is based on the premise that he wanted to play for us, but we didn't give him a chance. What's to say he didn't just prefer to take the opportunity elsewhere? Better contract, closer to home ... and best league in the world this very moment, as it happens.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Kulda was never given a fair shake, neither in Atlanta nor in Winnipeg. He always impressed me in his call-ups, and for some reason, he never got a chance to stick.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Robotic

Nikolai Antropov made his debut for Barys Astana in KHL today. Played almost 15 minutes.

Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 04:48 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by khlman View Post
Nikolai Antropov made his debut for Barys Astana in KHL today. Played almost 15 minutes.
I guess I was wrong to dismiss this rumour...Antropov did in fact play for Barys Astana (which also features Winnipeggers Nigel Dawes and Dustin Boyd, both of whom had 2 pts each tonight) tonight, so he is now officially listed with Barys. Hopefully he can be successful there and help Kazakhstan refind the passion for the game of hockey, definitely my 2nd favourite team in KHL.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:38 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

What's the best source or site to track the games and scoring of the Jets and other NHL players already in action?

GermanJetsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:09 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
What's the best source or site to track the games and scoring of the Jets and other NHL players already in action?
Looks like Holden has something going on the first page
I think it's missing Enstrom though; didn't he sign over at SEL or was it just a rumour?

Old
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Helsingin Jokerit

Ponikarovsky played his first game in the KHL, his team won 3-2 in the shootout. Poni played 19minutes and had 1 shot and 0+0.

Helsingin Jokerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Looks like Holden has something going on the first page
I think it's missing Enstrom though; didn't he sign over at SEL or was it just a rumour?
Jamie McLennan was saying on his TSN show this week that the SEL was not going to allow any NHLers come over this year but that was struck down by a Swedish ruling on their labour laws so they do have to allow NHL players now. I think the decision was made middle of last week so it was only until recently that NHL players could even start talking contracts with SEL clubs. Toby could very well be talking terms with an SEL club right now.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Jamie McLennan was saying on his TSN show this week that the SEL was not going to allow any NHLers come over this year but that was struck down by a Swedish ruling on their labour laws so they do have to allow NHL players now. I think the decision was made middle of last week so it was only until recently that NHL players could even start talking contracts with SEL clubs. Toby could very well be talking terms with an SEL club right now.
Enstrom and Steen are apparently finalizing contracts with Modo.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=165906&spln=1

09-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I'll be keeping the first post up to date with stats of players playing overseas.

I will be getting my info for KHL straight from their site. For Pavelec in the Czech league for now I am using eliteprospects.com, which is a fantastic site for everything hockey (transactions, stats, even has small scouting reports for most players).

Enstrom is still listed as a rumour, so I will add him to the OP as that for now.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:21 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Enstrom and steen are playing for modo

They are playing for free and modo is paying their insurance

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Enstrom and steen are playing for modo

They are playing for free and modo is paying their insurance
Link? That's not even on hfboards confirmed that they are going to MODO, nevermind they are playing for free...

Old
09-23-2012, 05:31 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Link? That's not even on hfboards confirmed that they are going to MODO, nevermind they are playing for free...
I believe this is where it's coming from:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15488823.ab

Translated:
Quote:
General Manager Markus Naslund was reticent when he was confronted late last night with the data. "Write what you want", he says, and continues: "I will not say anything."
A source within the club, however, confirmed the information. "It's almost ready. Initially it was thought that Alexander would play against Rögle but the paperwork could not be completed in time so he will probably make his debut against Brynäs in place and I would be surprised if it is not dissolved with the financing of Tobiases insurance so that he is ready for play then."

Costs 780 000 SEK Both Alexander Steen and Tobias Enstrom has agreed to play for free.
So it's still rumours... but probably right.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:42 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Read it from a hockey writer on twitter
I am not searching for it, as it was from this morning

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Enstrom and Steen are apparently finalizing contracts with Modo.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=165906&spln=1
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...-helping-modo/

Could be just Naslund running his mouth. SEL has apparently voted not to take players on less than full year contracts. But funny enough their Div 2 is taking NHL players like Kopitar.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...-helping-modo/

Could be just Naslund running his mouth. SEL has apparently voted not to take players on less than full year contracts. But funny enough their Div 2 is taking NHL players like Kopitar.
That article is dated. A decision came down that made it illegal for the SEL to not allow signing of temporary contracts, therefore SEL will be signing locked out NHLers now.

That being said, the article garret posted was the article I had seen earlier...which is just a rumour. Yes very likely to be true, but it is not confirmed yet. It will stay listed as rumour for me.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsingin Jokerit View Post
Ponikarovsky played his first game in the KHL, his team won 3-2 in the shootout. Poni played 19minutes and had 1 shot and 0+0.
on the top line with Lukas Kaspar (LW) and Ruslan Fedotenko (C)

hope to see some production out of that line in a big way *crosses fingers*

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:02 AM
albator71

Not a good start for Pavelec with Liberec, he lost his first 2 games 4-1 vs Ceske Budejovice and 5-2 vs HC Chomutov.

He has a 4,10 GAA and a save% of 0,860

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:15 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
Not a good start for Pavelec with Liberec, he lost his first 2 games 4-1 vs Ceske Budejovice and 5-2 vs HC Chomutov.

He has a 4,10 GAA and a save% of 0,860
Well let's just quickly put "he's got to get used to the bigger surface" in here and wait until the next couple of games for Pavs.

GermanJetsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:33 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Well let's just quickly put "he's got to get used to the bigger surface" in here and wait until the next couple of games for Pavs.

Perhaps he's just getting all the bad games out of the way before the NHL season starts?

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:43 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Perhaps he's just getting all the bad games out of the way before the NHL season starts?
Remember guys, it's his D's fault; Pavs is their MVP and been holding them in the game making it possible for them to win