HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 2.0 - Unbelievable Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 04:49 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
As for the constant demands for streams. The only solution is contacting someone in Sarnia who is willing to stream the Sting home games since they are on TV.
Anyone know someone? lol. Are we really in 2012 and there is absolutely no way to pirate that channel somehow..

Old
09-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
A handful of Gally appearances in the video:

http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/09/23...oint-for-sting

Clever move at the 13 seconds mark and a solid shot.

Old
09-24-2012, 07:58 AM
KingHab

I'm only expecting 60-65 points out of gally this year

Old
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
Ok... why ?

Old
09-24-2012, 09:13 AM
KingHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Ok... why ?
Too many over agers due to lockout,Does not have a quality finisher since Yakupov is gone, and team isn't that great.

Old
09-24-2012, 09:28 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Too many over agers due to lockout,Does not have a quality finisher since Yakupov is gone, and team isn't that great.
Not wanting to knock on Gally but, in the CHL, a 3rd overall pick should be able to get points on a good team or not, Yakupov or not. It's only 2 games, let's start panicking after 15-20 games ok? He'll eventually have some chemistry with his linemates, get a 4-5+ pts game, and he'll be on a roll.

Old
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Not wanting to knock on Gally but, in the CHL, a 3rd overall pick should be able to get points on a good team or not, Yakupov or not. It's only 2 games, let's start panicking after 15-20 games ok? He'll eventually have some chemistry with his linemates, get a 4-5+ pts game, and he'll be on a roll.
Great minds think alike
I understand that's only 2 games, and I shouldn't be frustrated.....but 1 assist in 2 games for a 3rd pick is a fail. Ya ya ya, I know that's only 2 games.

Old
09-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Great minds think alike
I understand that's only 2 games, and I shouldn't be frustrated.....but 1 assist in 2 games for a 3rd pick is a fail. Ya ya ya, I know that's only 2 games.
Bozon has 3 goals in 2 games, he must be years ahead of Gally.
Definitely a steal, potential blue chip right there.

Old
09-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Shootout goal in this clip: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...2b6c0766c4079a

Old
09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Teamwork

Quote:
Is it just me or the colour commentator sounds like our good friend Pierre Mcguire?

Old
09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
That could be the fastest wrister i've ever seen.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:06 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Might take him a few games to realize that if he's getting double and triple teamed, 1 or 2 team mates will be wide open.

Give it a month, and we'll see where he's at.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
His wrister really is something else. However, I still think his backhand is better, and might be the best I've ever seen. I've never seen someone bring a backhand almost straight vertical as quickly as he does.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:44 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
His wrister really is something else. However, I still think his backhand is better, and might be the best I've ever seen. I've never seen someone bring a backhand almost straight vertical as quickly as he does.
He's got a sick backhand. Add to it the fact that he can pull it such a long distance from forehand to backhand so quickly, it's a pretty awesome tool.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
wedge

he'll be fine. He's probably still rusty. Should quiet down the people who thought he would be NHL-ready, though...

Old
09-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Ryan Getzlaf had 54 points in 51 games 2 years after being drafted... Numbers do not tell the whole story.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Ryan Getzlaf had 54 points in 51 games 2 years after being drafted... Numbers do not tell the whole story.
Agreed. Nugent Hopkins got stuffed by Medecine Hat in the playoffs. In Junior it's very possible to double team people, whereas in the NHL, third liners, if left alone, can burn you.

I haven't watched the games. It may even be that Gally's managing to find the open man even when he's double teamed, but that open man isn't doing anything with it.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:52 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
he'll be fine. He's probably still rusty. Should quiet down the people who thought he would be NHL-ready, though...
Exactly. His timing is off due to the offseason, and him missing an entire season. The improvement over two games, even the improvement between periods, is incredible. The first game his skill was obvious, but he had delayed reactions, struggled stripping the puck off people, and often took too long to make a decision with the puck. The third period of yesterdays game was the best I've seen him play post-injury. His timing was good, he intercepted passes, engaged players at better times, and make better split-second reactions with the puck.

Honestly, I give it about 2 weeks before we start seeing him take over games. There's zero reason to be nervous people. Galchenyuk a great player with elite skills, and elite hockey sense. It takes time for these players to get in their groove, especially when they play on a bad team and missed a year.

Old
09-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Getzlaf led the Hitmen in points per game by a mile that year. So maybe, instead of a specific point total, a more reasonable goal would be for Galchenyuk to outproduce Sarault and Boucher.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:44 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Getzlaf was a homerun being drafted 19th overall and becoming a star #1 center. I am not saying numbers tell the whole story, but when you draft that high, it is not okay to have average seasons in the juniors and hope for the best in the AHL/NHL. I am pretty confident Gally will turn out great, that he just need to play as much hockey as he can. But expecting a 60 pts season in the CHL from the 3rd overall offensive center is a pretty low expectation.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Et le But

There's also the whole issue that he did miss a year of development - I know we always hear how he's fine and he claims it didn't effect him, but the fact is he's less experienced than most in his age group, not to mention even for veterans it's near impossible for missing a year not to effect your decision making for a good amount of time.

It's far too soon to say much of anything especially as he doesn't play for a particularly dominant team in a strong league.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:31 PM
pine*

Quote:
Getzlaf was a homerun being drafted 19th overall and becoming a star #1 center. I am not saying numbers tell the whole story, but when you draft that high, it is not okay to have average seasons in the juniors and hope for the best in the AHL/NHL. I am pretty confident Gally will turn out great, that he just need to play as much hockey as he can. But expecting a 60 pts season in the CHL from the 3rd overall offensive center is a pretty low expectation.
When you draft, you don't look to draft a great junior player, you look to draft a great NHL player.

If he can become that perennial first line center we've been looking for for a long time at the NHL level, then he can go at get 30 points at the junior level for all I care.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
franck50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Please....i love Galchenyuk but please give us a break...It was a normal release, like every good player in the CHL can do. He got a sick release no doubt but man this deke is not ''something else''

I'm way more impress by the relase of Puempel in THIS vid...

Old
09-24-2012, 06:11 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
When you draft, you don't look to draft a great junior player, you look to draft a great NHL player.

If he can become that perennial first line center we've been looking for for a long time at the NHL level, then he can go at get 30 points at the junior level for all I care.
You do not understand my point. Him scoring 30 pts in the junior level means he has much less chances to become that first line center. Let's not kid ourselves here, most 1 first line talent dominated juniors. Unless you're a big believer in Cinderella stories, him scoring 30 pts (which is completely wrong to assume, I am only using this example) will a huge disappointment for me. For the record, I am all for Gally and rooting for the best season he can have and unless he gets injured, i'm totally looking for a 75+ pts this season. He'll find his game eventually.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:47 PM
zzoo

Quote:
You do not understand my point. Him scoring 30 pts in the junior level means he has much less chances to become that first line center. Let's not kid ourselves here, most 1 first line talent dominated juniors. Unless you're a big believer in Cinderella stories, him scoring 30 pts (which is completely wrong to assume, I am only using this example) will a huge disappointment for me. For the record, I am all for Gally and rooting for the best season he can have and unless he gets injured, i'm totally looking for a 75+ pts this season. He'll find his game eventually.
Agreed. Less than 1.2 ppg in Jr would be a disappointment for me. Don't forget that he's drafted 3rd overall.

Closed Thread