HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 12:54 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

vCash: 500
The Panthers aren't exactly a model organisation

Old
09-20-2012, 12:56 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
The Panthers aren't exactly a model organisation
You mean firing your mascot isn't the cool thing to do during a lockout?

Old
09-20-2012, 02:42 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
I just read the Yahoo article how the Wild and Predators are offering 10% WTF!!!!
Cant speak for the Preds (maybe cash flow poor), but I remember hearing the Wild signed a poopload of ST post Parise and Suter. A lot of those are "emotional" purchases and logic would dictate they may never get a good chunk of those back, whereas if you keep them onboard for a year, they may actually renew. It's not as dumb as it sounds with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
**** interest, I want cash money back in my pocket immediately for every game canceled. I wonder what our credit card folks would do if I called up and demanded money back on our season payment for services not rendered?
Exactly. 2%? At least spring for 5% if you want to motivate people with a little bit of a financial incentive. I feel like going with 2% is more or less an attempt to prey on these folk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
You mean firing your mascot isn't the cool thing to do during a lockout?
Bingo.

Laying off mascot = PR guy should be fired

They really didnt see this bad PR coming? The mascot would probably be the LAST person I would recommend laying off.

Old
09-20-2012, 04:08 PM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
They don't even give you a full refund right off anyway, just month by month.

Doesn't say anything about risking tenure or the rewards. Either way, I'm not going to bother on the refund but I don't think they really did enough here.

2% for half a season in the $22 section is basically $20 worth of interest lol.
Not sure what else they can do. Basically, they are offering refunds (or interest-bearing credits) as games are cancelled (retroactively, at the end of the month). I suppose they could offer the refunds/credits immediately upon cancellation of the games (for example, the Sept. pre-season games are already cancelled).

However, there is also the possibility that the games may be "made up". In other words, as of today, there is still (at least theoretically) a possibility of 41 regular-season games + 3 pre-season games.

I would expect, if there is a lengthy lockout (and a shortened - or worse - season) they will do something else to thank sths for their patience, etc.

Old
09-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Scott04

The payment is made 30 days after the end of the month, so essentially a month after the given month of cancelled events. There's 2 reasons why its being done that way. The first is the obvious that they're refunding money on games already cancelled, after that given month. Far easier to do it that way than say the beginning of the month or any point where the schedule for that given month may still change if a deal is suddenly reached. The second reason why its 30 days after the end of the month is just because of the convoluted mess financial red tape that every sports team (and probably many businesses in other industries) have for any sort of out-going payments or just about any size (except for maybe things that are very small, like $20 or less). Any invoice I've had to process for any team I've worked for, regardless of size, always takes weeks because of all of the approvers that have to go into the system and sign off on whatever. There is no automatic approval in these things. Fastest I was ever able to process any kind of invoice was 2 or so weeks, and that was with being very pushy and preaching the urgent nature of the purchase/payment. Given the bulk of payments we're talking about here, it really just can't be done any faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indfin View Post
Not sure what else they can do. Basically, they are offering refunds (or interest-bearing credits) as games are cancelled (retroactively, at the end of the month). I suppose they could offer the refunds/credits immediately upon cancellation of the games (for example, the Sept. pre-season games are already cancelled).

However, there is also the possibility that the games may be "made up". In other words, as of today, there is still (at least theoretically) a possibility of 41 regular-season games + 3 pre-season games.

I would expect, if there is a lengthy lockout (and a shortened - or worse - season) they will do something else to thank sths for their patience, etc.
Probably will. Who knows what it will entail, or what it will be, but assuming there is a lengthy enough lockout I imagine there would be something. After the last lockout, ticket holders were offered 1 free replica jersey (could be personalized) for each seat on the account. I don't know what the cutoff was on types of plans that were eligible, but we had a weekend plan at the time and received 4 jerseys for our 4 tickets.

Old
09-20-2012, 04:18 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I don't really want to find out what they give me in a lengthy lockout, but if they do cough up another jersey I'm getting a Kovy lol (especially since I could use a replacement for my now-unwearable Parise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Exactly. 2%? At least spring for 5% if you want to motivate people with a little bit of a financial incentive. I feel like going with 2% is more or less an attempt to prey on these folk.
2% was the absolute bare minimum they could offer while looking like they were trying. Thing is because of the 30-day rule, you're not exactly getting huge chunks of money back at once anyway so might as well take the interest/credit.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Good luck with that!
If I had an AMEX card it would be no issue, a buddy of mine had them refund 8 grand from his down payment on his Lexus because they were dicking him around when it had issues when they delivered it and it wasn't the car he bought! They never even noticed.

I'm glad they at least made a statement, though that 2 percent thing is laughable, they should be doing that as is anyways for things like playoff games not played and whatnot, which I need to check on, I think we got that back. Still bugs the **** out of me they just hold our money like that.

Old
09-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't really want to find out what they give me in a lengthy lockout, but if they do cough up another jersey I'm getting a Kovy lol (especially since I could use a replacement for my now-unwearable Parise).
Why would an NHL team give you an SKA Jersey?

Old
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
indfin

Probably will. Who knows what it will entail, or what it will be, but assuming there is a lengthy enough lockout I imagine there would be something.

If they cancel the entire season, they could get away cheap by just giving all returning sths one of those "I'm with Stupid" t-shirts with the arrow pointing straight up

Old
09-21-2012, 08:21 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Last lockout we got jerseys for each seat on the account...I need to replace my Parise one, so I'd be okay with another one of those.

Maybe this time they won't take the Elias name & numbers off my dad's and put Martin on it...and not clean off the old numbers.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Cowbell232

The thing that I particularly like about this is let's say the average STH is on the hook for 2K... and let's say there are 10,000 STH accounts.

20,000,000 dollars they're sitting on. What's their return on sitting on that kind of money? Higher than 2% I'd imagine...

Old
09-21-2012, 08:30 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
The thing that I particularly like about this is let's say the average STH is on the hook for 2K... and let's say there are 10,000 STH accounts.

20,000,000 dollars they're sitting on. What's their return on sitting on that kind of money? Higher than 2% I'd imagine...
Haha, 10,000 ticket holders...is that combined (full, partial, etc)?

Old
09-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Haha, 10,000 ticket holders...is that combined (full, partial, etc)?
Combined, suite holders, etc. I'm just ball parking here to prove a point.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:50 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Combined, suite holders, etc. I'm just ball parking here to prove a point.
Okay, that's fine.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

What are the odds that they'll prorate the NJ Transit FlashPass with a shortened season? Haha, I won't hold my breath.

It figures, my first year as a STH and we're locked out.

Old
09-21-2012, 12:34 PM
One7nine

spoke w Eric and he said everyone will be treated the SAME way, refund or keeping money in. We will not play favorites to those who take the refunds. We feel terrible...we know that money is important to many and we would not penalize those who have to take their money back.

So no loss of tenure or earned bonuses or anything.

Old
09-22-2012, 03:18 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

So you only get 2% if I let them hold on to your money? If thats case no sense in me asking for it back then. Well they better let me use it on a flash pass if it comes to it and it better not be $350 still either.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

The Marriott next to The Rock is scheduled to open today.
It will be real convenient for out of area fans to stay once the season begins.

http://www.meetingsfocus.com/NewsEve...6/Default.aspx

Old
09-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

Didnt you hear ??? Team is moving brahhh

Old
09-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:

Another article on the grand opening.
Anyone check out the bar in their yet?

http://newarknj.patch.com/articles/n...n-for-business

Old
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Just got an email that Monday Night RAW will be at Prudential Center on December 10th for the wrestling fans here.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

This sounds retarded, BUT: I lived in NJ for 8 years, and this is my 1st year not anymore. (Live in Buffalo now.) But I'm coming down in december (december is my month.5 long break from Uni.) I already sold my house so I can't live there. What are some good hotels in/around Newark? (Probably staying there because my friend wont let me crash at her house) I remember seeing one(?) when getting off the NJT train there to go to the Prudential center for some rangers/devils / devils/insert opponent here with my friends but not clearly enough. Thanks for some help, and would anyone be interested (if there's a season. Probably not gonna be but still) In getting like a 2 game pack or something? I understand if you go to college in Rutgers or something you get discounts and opportunities. I'm trying to hit up MSG/PC a lot when i come down. Again, ty for the help folks.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
This sounds retarded, BUT: I lived in NJ for 8 years, and this is my 1st year not anymore. (Live in Buffalo now.) But I'm coming down in december (december is my month.5 long break from Uni.) I already sold my house so I can't live there. What are some good hotels in/around Newark? (Probably staying there because my friend wont let me crash at her house) I remember seeing one(?) when getting off the NJT train there to go to the Prudential center for some rangers/devils / devils/insert opponent here with my friends but not clearly enough. Thanks for some help, and would anyone be interested (if there's a season. Probably not gonna be but still) In getting like a 2 game pack or something? I understand if you go to college in Rutgers or something you get discounts and opportunities. I'm trying to hit up MSG/PC a lot when i come down. Again, ty for the help folks.
A Marriott Courtyard just opened last week, it's basically connected to The Rock on Lafayette St.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...wark-downtown/

The Robert Treat (Best Western) is a short walk up Mulberry Street too, near NJPAC.
http://www.rthotel.com/

Old
10-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
A Marriott Courtyard just opened last week, it's basically connected to The Rock on Lafayette St.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...wark-downtown/

The Robert Treat (Best Western) is a short walk up Mulberry Street too, near NJPAC.
http://www.rthotel.com/
Liking them. They seem nice and clean and romy for a hotel. But yeah. I always remembered either a bank or a hotel(both. The bank was wells fargo?) Taking that inside catwalk thing thru the buildings, then when you make a left past this little resaturant it always looked like the hotel entrance

Old
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Liking them. They seem nice and clean and romy for a hotel. But yeah. I always remembered either a bank or a hotel(both. The bank was wells fargo?) Taking that inside catwalk thing thru the buildings, then when you make a left past this little resaturant it always looked like the hotel entrance
There is a Hilton in the Gateway complex, that is what you are referring to.

Closed Thread