HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

vCash: 500
Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Discuss.

Part 1: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=553809
Part 2: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=573790
Part 3: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=584157
Part 5: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=626703
Part 6: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=667425
Part 7: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=699230
Part 8: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=718672
Part 9: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=737412
Part 10: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=755972
Part 11: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=777107
Part 12: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=799080
Part 13: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=831978
Part 14: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=874537
Part 15: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=916753
Part 16: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=964947
Part 17: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=973821
Part 18: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=993753
Part 21: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1081939
Part 22: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1112863
Part 23: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1143785
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29

Mod Warning: Please make sure we keep this thread clean. Per the site rules:
Quote:
4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material. This includes "Victim Pictures" of people and animals after they have been through some form of bodily trauma, "Goatse" - Photographic picture featuring the rear end of anatomy, "Tubgirl" - Photographic picture featuring creative uses of anatomy and liquids, and pedophilic jokes (ones about having sex with children). Nude and semi-nude images are not to be posted here. That includes your avatar. These are not "Babe" forums for displaying content that belongs in swimsuit calendars or lingerie catalogues.
Do not circumvent the obscenity filter by using numbers or characters such as ! or $. A word's exclusion from the obscenity filter does not mean its usage is endorsed. If it's offensive, don't use it.
We have members from different countries, religions, and cultural backgrounds. Even if you express a point of view that is very popular in your culture, it may generate a negative reaction from members in another part of the world so please exercise tact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt

It'd be a short book. It really boils down to just a few things I keep repeating:

1) Have self-respect, don't be a pushover, don't let yourself be mistreated. If you don't like yourself, forget girls for a while and go work on some things. And no girl's worth it if she makes you feel like crap.

2) Have enough respect for her to take no for an answer. Trying again later is better than being pushy/clingy/desperate; persistence can change a girl's mind, but only when it's spread out. But there's nothing you can do to "make" someone fall in love with you 100% of the time, you can only maximize your chances.

3) Don't put anyone on a pedestal. If you haven't dated her, you probably don't know her as well as you think. She may be cool, but there's other cool women out there. You didn't somehow find the only Helen of Troy without anyone else noticing. Why commit to one girl before you're even in a relationship? Don't let your life revolve around someone you're not even dating yet.

4) Be honest/direct whenever possible. If you're deep in the friends zone, it's your own damn fault for not having been open and honest with her about your intentions from the start. Hinting or half-assing it is a recipe for failure. If you show up, show up to play, don't keep one foot on the sidelines.

5) The friends zone is not hopeless, I've gotten out of it before. But doing nothing won't "save the friendship," it'll just grind you down until you can't take it anymore and you have to make a move for your own sanity. There's nothing noble about pining away hopelessly for someone. It's more noble to try even if you fail. Make your play, live with the results either way. Often you can save the friendship after rejection by taking a break from each other anyway.

6) Don't be afraid of rejection. Can't score goals if you won't take a hit. Any guy who gets 10 times as many women as you has probably gotten rejected 20 times as often.

7) "Maybe" = "No" until further notice. Treat them as such.

So there's my book ... how much do I get paid?

8) Someone who could potentially be "The One" will make sense both to your heart AND your head. Not just one or the other. No matter how crazy about someone you are, if they're not good to/for you, move on.

Okay, new rule:

9) **** Facebook. Texting is only marginally better, but still sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon

When it comes to girls, I fully believe a good majority of girls are immature, spoiled, narcissistic, materialistic and artificial creatures until around 23. Then they begin to smarten up a bit. Until then, a majority of them are complete jerks. (Guys, we're no better in a lot of ways - but we're talking about the other gender here )

I used to be a club promoter. I learned the club/bar atmosphere. I read The Game . Although I laugh at a lot of the pickup lines and don't necessarily agree with everything, I will say that what Voodoo Child/Rizer has said is true. How do I know? I've done it. Act confident, neg the target (playful insults), never act like the status quo, in effect - treat girls like crap - carefully. Act different - the peacock affect. This works.

You see a cute girl on the train and want her? Ask her out. Act confident when doing it. If you catch a girl looking at you? Never look away, hold their gaze and smile. Looks don't matter as much, but that doesn't excuse you from looking like crap. Look decent, you don't have to go all out with colognes and crap - that might help your game a bit - but not as much as confidence.

Walk into a bar. Have a confident swagger, almost arrogant. Immediately engage a group of girls and ask if their having fun, then walk away. If they call back, respond by something clever "Oh I wasn't looking for anything long term". The girl has a boyfriend? Who cares. Response should be automatic.."then why isn't he here now"...or the killer "oh it must be nice to be in a perfect relationship". Never buy drinks. Put on an image that you could you wanted to, but rarely buy a girl a drink.

Never call back the next morning, you don't want to create an emotional situation.

Quote:
Rules of Picking Up...
1) No girl is special. We're all human, we all have flaws. And yes, all of us have broken this rule.

2) Practice. Practice. Practice. As Voodoo said, talking to girls isn't something that is developed over World of Warcraft. Being charming, seductive, yet mysterious and non serious are some of the elements I have developed over time. It's taken work. How do you practice? Talk to any female - regardless of age. Talk to your teacher - make her like you. Talk to an older women, talk to the barista that serves you coffee and make it your personal goal to make her laugh. Keep talking to them until you are comfortable. Awkwardness is very noticeable and very unattractive.

3) Body Language. More than 80% of communication is non verbal. It's what you do with her hands. It's your facial expression. It's your tone. Let's go over some key parts:

a) The Hands: Never ever move too fast. Your home base is just above her ass when you lead her. When initializing touch use a little game of palm reading to grab her hand. Be soft, gentle. Never be pushy. Placing your hand on her shoulders, or brushing away her hair. Escalation in touching is done with the hands. When telling a story ensure you use hand expressions for better communication.

b) The eyes. They reveal all. Make sure you make eye contact and hold it. Ensure she looks away first. This is about confidence. There's a certain mysterious look you can attempt with your eyes, should you ever learn it - it is very beneficial. Wink playfully - in the right circumstance it can be fun. Again, you have to try it out to know what circumstance I am talking about. Practice makes perfect. Casually glance around the room as she is talking to you to make her know that you could be talking to anyone else at that moment, and she is just another random wanting to talk to you.

c) The face: Smile, except not like an idiot. The smile I am talking about is a wry smile, slightly lifting the right muscles. Never full out laugh, you are there to make her laugh, and you stay calm, cool and collected.

d) Posture: shoulders back, up straight. You are the man, you command the room. I usually slide a bit to one leg, because I am lazy but find a posture that works for you. Head up though, never slouch. It's game time, and you are ready for the action

e) Attitude: Nonchalant. Not serious. Confident. Project this all.

4) Never text first. Why should you waste your time communicating with her? If she wants you, she'll communicate. She'll pop out an IM. Who cares if she doesn't ever text to you? There's always a new girl, always a new number. If this becomes your attitude, you will never single out one girl and text her. Responses are short and sparse. Why? You have better things to do.

5) Late. Arranging a date...be 10 minutes late and make up an excuse that elevates your status level. Woman are artificial - remember this. If you can create a false impression of importance - you are one step ahead of them.

6) Style. Yeah, I am one who will always say Looks are the least important. However, don't look like an idiot. Nice haircut, dress a bit stylish. If you have no idea what to wear, find out. Match things. I personally have a style - huge fan of scarves

7) Accessories. Scarves I actually originally used to wrap around the girl and lasso her in, now I just like wearing them . Use something to make you unique in a club or bar should you attend these venues. Fake nerdy glasses, pink gay glasses, a Staples "easy button" are just some of the accessories I have used. One of my favourite lines is making eye contact, approaching, putting on the "hmmm" posture, then snapping my fingers and saying "I know what's missing". Then I pull out my glasses, place them on her, dust her shoulders off and say now your a superstar, and can be seen with me.

8) Practice. You're not going to wake up and be good with girls. It's something that has to be practiced, eventually it will become second nature to you and any girl you talk to will be attracted to you.

9) Read about anything. Know about anything. If you can talk about any interest in the world that a girl may have, the better it is. It expands the amount of girls you can converse with. Conversation skills should be practiced. Can you maintain a conversation? Can you discover her likes/dislikes and capitalize? Basically, know a bit about everything

10) Lastly guys, I cannot stress this enough. Live your life the way to be successful. Live for yourself. Don't live for another person that doesn't care about you, will mistreat you, and will eventually hurt you.

Quote:
Rules on Relationships
I think we should differentiate something here:

If you just want to get laid, then there is a method and formula to follow. If you put the right ingredients together, you'll end up with a smile on your face. Getting laid is actually easier then most people think.

If you want a relationship, that is completely different. Real relationships take time, effort and a lot of work. Relationships should not be based on anything physical, and honestly I would recommend not sleeping with the girl for 3 months (or the guy) if you actually want to date seriously and develop something. Every relationship is different.

Another thing that differentiates a relationship from "getting laid" is the game factor. You shouldn't have a "gameplan". It should all be natural. Both actors in the relationship should be who they are because if you're actually serious - you don't want to have a "gameplan" or pretend to be something you're not for the rest of your life - most likely this relationship is doomed to fail.

Also realize this. Girl should not be the focus of your life. I am dropping my experiences simply because I am focused on a career and building a solid life in the early part of my life. Focus on your career, focus on school when you are young. Don't cry about one girl. Don't focus on one girl. They are not worth it for a long, long time. If a girl wants you, they will treat you well. They will not blow you off. They will not stop communicating or respond after a few days. They will not treat you like garbage.

My lady advice? Build your life without thinking of including a girl in it. It will eventually come, probably when you are 26 - 30. Until then, you have work to do.

My observations, flame on.

Last edited by Gobo: 09-25-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old
09-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

first?

Old
09-23-2012, 11:13 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Been texting the girl I like. Feels awkward and forced. So does talking to her in person though so I'm between a rock...

Old
09-23-2012, 11:23 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
You really believe that? What if I was just coming from the gym? I see girls in LuLu Lemon sweats all the time, does that mean they dont care?

Never judge someone from the outside.

I do care what I look like, but i just dont care what others think of me.

The girls in LuLu sweats are in the same boat in my eyes as you are. I almost addressed that in my previous post but thought it was obvious. I can't tell you how many girls I've seen at the grocery store who looked like they could be cute but who I barely noticed because they looked frumpy as hell.

I feel bad for you that you're 31 and still actually think you don't care what people think of you. The point of maturing isn't to get to the point where you don't care what people think of you but to realize why it's important, who you want to "approval" from, and what your motives are.

Unless a person wants to stay single they better damn well care what they look like.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Been texting the girl I like. Feels awkward and forced. So does talking to her in person though so I'm between a rock...

She awkward to talk too or is just cause there isn't much to go upon (nothing in common)? The latter can be fixed, the former can't.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:28 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
She awkward to talk too or is just cause there isn't much to go upon (nothing in common)? The latter can be fixed, the former can't.
How so?

Old
09-23-2012, 11:42 PM
KISSland

Go clubbing. Club sucks ass. Leave club. Think about calling the night a huge loss decided to go towards other club instead. While walking towards club see two girls having terrible time. Friend walks up to the girls. Girls didn't get into the club that we just left and were upset having to wait for two hours. Tell the girls to come with us. They do. We cut through the line up and get in for free. Some random guy starts hitting on one of the girls we were with. The guy was a creep, but he kept buying shots for the girl. Friend tells the guy that the girl is his cousin. If you buy her drinks you have to buy it for everyone and you'll probably get lucky. The guy ends up buying us all shots, 4 rounds each. We have a good time at the club. we leave the club. We end up droping em off at the night bus and along the way there was a fountain and the girls wanted to go in. We end up going in. And we dropped em off got the numbers.

Walking back to where we were staying at in DT. And go to this pizza shop the guy gave us a whole medium for free along with wings, and pop.

Good night.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:17 AM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
I'm the awkward one. I get nervous just being around her.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:19 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I feel bad for you that you're 31 and still actually think you don't care what people think of you. The point of maturing isn't to get to the point where you don't care what people think of you but to realize why it's important, who you want to "approval" from, and what your motives are.
This is pretty stupid... I don't care what others think of me at all.
The only person that matters is me... I dress well because I like looking good not because I worry what someone else may think.

I have spent the last three months growing a mountain man beard and don't trim it, or shave it and just let it grow... I think it looks awesome on me and that's what matters...

Girl I started seeing at the beginning of the month and is now my GF loves it... says it's my lions mane.

People should spend a lot less time caring what others think and just do what makes you happy... your happiness is all that matters.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Glad we got mmbt's post back in the OP, and the links to past volumes. Ahh those were the days.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Glad we got mmbt's post back in the OP, and the links to past volumes. Ahh those were the days.
Someone should find 24-29. Just google them probably.

Old
09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

Extremely disappointed thread title wasn't put in Roman numerals.

Once in a lifetime opportunity right there.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:06 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
Extremely disappointed thread title wasn't put in Roman numerals.

Once in a lifetime opportunity right there.
Didn't even think of that. What a waste.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
If she ever says why are you so shy/quiet/.... just say Sorry, your just so beautiful you take my breath away. You'll get that girl under control.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:22 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

This thread must be renamed properly or else all these years of efforts would go to waste.A complete waste.

I demand an immediate change to this horrific situation.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
That's ok keep doing it. Even if it doesn't work you use her as practice to not get nervous.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:40 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
This is pretty stupid... I don't care what others think of me at all.
The only person that matters is me... I dress well because I like looking good not because I worry what someone else may think.

I have spent the last three months growing a mountain man beard and don't trim it, or shave it and just let it grow... I think it looks awesome on me and that's what matters...

Girl I started seeing at the beginning of the month and is now my GF loves it... says it's my lions mane.

People should spend a lot less time caring what others think and just do what makes you happy... your happiness is all that matters.
What a poor reading of what I was getting at. If your happiness is tied to your having a woman you should probably ditch the sweats.

I will challenge you on your "dressing well" being all for yourself. So you're telling me that in a hypothetical all-alone world, just you and the streets, you're going to dress excessively well? I call BS. I know what you're getting at; dressing nice just feels good but that doesn't change the fact that without the mirrors of society, i.e. other human eyeballs, the concept of dressing well is pretty hollow.

Old
09-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Happens to the best of us (yes, even Dayvan ). Just relax, breathe, feel confident in yourself (workout that day, wear your favourite clothes, anything) and just talk. Something will eventually come up that you both can relate too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
Someone should find 24-29. Just google them probably.
Will do.

Added another big quote. Tell me if you guys want me to delete the Lexicon quote or not, I figure theres some good stuff in there.

Last edited by Gobo: 09-24-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old
09-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

I like girls.

K.bye

Old
09-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Don't worry guys, I already reported this thread to the mods so they can change the title to Roman numerals.
And if you abuse the report system like that again, you can expect to be punished.

The report system is for posts that clearly violate the site rules, not because a thread title needs to have roman numerals.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
I like girls.

K.bye
Really? By your posts, it suggested otherwise.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Didn't even think of that. What a waste.
Your a sponsor, pretty sure you have the ability to change the thread title. DO IT!!

Old
09-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Just read the quotes, and that's actually some good advice. Seen Rizer get called out in previous threads for only wanting ***, but seems to be one of the best at getting it. As you probably notice, 1st time in the thread so yup, reading over and it's good, quick to the point but detailed enough to make something out of it. Good jod op's of those posts.

Last edited by Leafs For Life*: 09-24-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Got Beat..
Old
09-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Seen Rizer get called out in previous threads for only wanting ***, but seems to be one of the best at getting it.
Yes, because we all know Rizer in real life and have seen him with dozens of women with our own eyes.

Old
09-25-2012, 03:40 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yes, because we all know Rizer in real life and have seen him with dozens of women with our own eyes.
Did he get booted from this forum ?

Closed Thread